Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    notfanboy, you've been missed, lol
    07-29-14 12:39 PM
    Why not quote the actual relevant portion of the article, which is the sentence right before the one you chose to copy above?

"The second largest U.S. automaker will replace Blackberry Ltd.’s smartphones with iPhones for about 3,300 workers by the end of this year, Sara Tatchio, a Ford spokeswoman, said today in an interview."
    you did that now. thanks.
    by the way, the news headlines already mentioned replacing blackberries with iphones. no need to be short sighted.
    and you are still on my ignore list.
    bungaboy, La Emperor and zyben like this.
    07-29-14 12:39 PM
    [B]"About 6,000 employees will receive iPhones over the next two years, replacing flip phones, she said. "[l]
    So do we believe that those employees are using flip phones right now? Or are they using Blackberry phones and she simply equated Blackberries with flip phones.
    07-29-14 12:49 PM
    I have an "ignorant" list.
    07-29-14 12:59 PM
    07-29-14 01:00 PM
    Getting awfully grey in here now. WTF?
    sidhuk and zyben like this.
    07-29-14 01:00 PM
    That potential German Government phone order looks a lot more attractive now....lets see 20,000 x 2000 euros...pretty sure that'll leave a mark.
    07-29-14 01:08 PM
    Time to add the castration collar me thinks

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    07-29-14 01:10 PM
    Hardware market ?does remain a focus? says BlackBerry enterprise chief - 29 Jul 2014 - Computing News

BlackBerry will continue to focus on hardware, despite its ongoing reinvention as a dedicated enterprise mobile security company, the firm's president of enterprise services has told Computing.

Speaking to us at the company's BlackBerry Security event in New York today, John Sims teased the incoming announcements of devices the company "is not discussing", shucking off any rumours that the upcoming BlackBerry Classic and BlackBerry Passport devices may be the company's last.

"I think [company CEO] John Chen said very clearly in the strategy that the hardware market does remain a focus within BlackBerry," said Sims.

"In the enterprise space, one of the things I always heard from our customers was that they loved their old BlackBerry device with the keyboard. The BlackBerry Bold was the one people talked about - they loved them and had them for a long time - so they were starting to fall apart, they'd had them for so many years."

Sims said he believes professionals such as lawyers are more "verbose", and demnd the QWERTY keyboard-equipped phones in order to be more prouctive.

"So they wanted the best of that device, but they also wanted the best of BlackBerry as an operating system - the ability to have much faster browsing, and access to apps and so on - so that's the BlackBerry classic device, which we've announced," said Sims.

"It's absolutely targeted at the enterprise user as well as the professional consumer. It meets the market demand there, at such a price."

But Sims admitted that the incoming BlackBerry Passport "is not going to be a device for everyone", and will instead be aimed at "certain industries and sectors, and roles within companies".

"If you look at the screen real estate we have to work with, or the keyboard," said Sims of the larger, squarer-looking device, "these things will apply in certain markets - perhaps health care, financial services - people who access a lot of charts and so on."

"And we can continue to work on devices that will strengthen that position," he summarised.

BlackBerry's VP of software foundation technologies Charles Eagan also weighed in with a hardware plan for the future:

"In terms of our next few years, we certainly have devices targeted for the market that we're not discussing. Passport is the one we're talking about broadly, but we are continuing to innovate and will continue to bring some new devices and features to the enterprise market," Eagan told Computing.

"Right now, we are focusing on getting Passport out."
    07-29-14 01:12 PM
    Time to add the castration collar me thinks

So they won't "Crawl" away?
    Corbu and zyben like this.
    Based on the reporting I have seen on the business channels today, they don't.
    Really not liking this stock price fall. Bought some more shares this morning and steadily down ever since *tear*

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Classic or Passport???
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-29-14 01:25 PM
    Still no news on NASDAQ site ... I have to leave.
    Can someone please check if the news are released coincidently just after the bell (screen cap welcome) ?

BlackBerry Limited (BBRY) Real-Time Stock Quote - NASDAQ.com

Have a nice evening, gang ! Time for Rok'n'Roll here
    bungaboy and zyben like this.
    07-29-14 01:33 PM
    I have come to the conclusion that collectively we have more knowledge and understanding on blackberry's strategy and progress than all of the news outlets combined!

This is one of the reasons why I think the stock price is not moving, most people literally do not understand what is going on. When they do get it, things will change. We are kindof like that kid at school that should be two years ahead of everyone else...

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 01:34 PM
    Still no news on NASDAQ site ... I have to leave.
    Can someone please check if the news are released coincidently just after the bell (screen cap welcome) ?

BlackBerry Limited (BBRY) Real-Time Stock Quote - NASDAQ.com

Have a nice evening, gang ! Time for Rok'n'Roll here
    BlackBerry To Buy Secusmart - NASDAQ.com
    bungaboy, zyben and Superfly_FR like this.
    07-29-14 01:50 PM
    07-29-14 01:57 PM
    Definitely a division going on here. European Union vs. NA.

I am sure other European governments will follow Germany's lead in providing secure snoop free communications.

Let the battle begin. Being a Brit, I know where my allegiance lies!

Last edited by bigbadben10; 07-29-14 at 03:23 PM.
    07-29-14 02:08 PM
    I wonder if someone here, on this blog, could monitor what the German media have to say about this deal, if anything? Spiegel, Frankfurter Zeitung?

Well, I have just answered my own question...

Here is what was said in the latter:
    Blackberry kauft ?Merkel-Phone?-Entwickler Secusmart

GT is our friend.

Got to run...
    07-29-14 02:08 PM
    Not that I base my decisions on mere charts, but this guy seems pretty knowledgeable about the market. He goes by 2WayTrading on Trading View for anyone who cares:

BBRY, D Long
    0 133

25% Upside move very likely
    $BBRY recent positive coverage plus earning has indeed give the stock a new momentum upside bias which we called buy after 6/19/14 runaway gape upside with decent volume. Many believe the turnaround well expected from the new CEO is near to fruition so we do. Now, the stock has printed a new 3 months high and needs to prove it can retest last year August high at and around $12.18 that is the major overhead resistance. So far the stock took all minor resistances but pulled back after IBM and AAPL gangs teamed up. Now, weak hands shaken, price bounced off from a well watched support 16% off from recent high, the chance to see a profit for the 5th time is very high. Long Dec Call for $1.3 entered 7/17/2014
    07-29-14 02:09 PM
    Ouch looks like ford didn't learn their lesson with Microsoft. Ford will learn the hard way again. This time it will be more costly. I would think a lot of happy hackers may surely crack ford wide open. Unless Ford is wise and gets BES12 or else financial hardship may await them.

Posted via CB10
    zyben and 3_M4N like this.
    07-29-14 02:17 PM
    Definitely a division going on here. European Union vs. NA.

I am sure other European governments will flow Germany's lead in providing secure snoop free communications.

Let the battle begin. Being a Brit, I know where my allegiance lies!

Little does Merkel know but the NSA is likely already listening in on her secure communications and emails.
    07-29-14 02:30 PM
    Little does Merkel know but the NSA is likely already listening in on her secure communications and emails.
    They can only wish

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 02:45 PM
    Put in another 5,000 dollars.
    zyben likes this.
    07-29-14 02:56 PM
    Little does the NAS know, Merkel is listening to them. They're using iPhones haha

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 02:57 PM
    Put in another 5,000 dollars.
    I'm in another 1000 shares

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 02:58 PM
113,251 ... 27622763276427652766 ...