View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    They aren't partners. They just use Google and apparently, some of the BBM groups and friends invites threads that were up violated the Google ToS

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 03:26 PM
    nice car, reminds me of this one that someone I know 'restored', with a 350 V8 of course

Attachment 287485
    OT:

You guys are killing me.

1977 LOL. Spooked wheels not on.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-1977-hungry-horse-resevoir-2.jpg
    La Emperor, Corbu, rarsen and 5 others like this.
    07-28-14 03:27 PM
    When did they partner? I am so confused?

Posted via CB10
    Seems like it was "outed" in June. LoL
    sidhuk likes this.
    07-28-14 03:29 PM
    They aren't partners. They just use Google and apparently, some of the BBM groups and friends invites threads that were up violated the Google ToS

Posted via CB10
    This is how PK put it.

" . . . however Google has recently taken up issue with our BBM sub Forums and told us some content violate THEIR policies. . .

". . . The policy is still evolving as we are not 100% clear yet what crosses Google's line. Trust me those of us at Mobile Nations are with YOU on this but our hands are tied."

" . . . Correct some kind of partnership. We must respect their wishes. . . ."
    sidhuk, cjcampbell and zyben like this.
    07-28-14 03:34 PM
    OT:

Fyi...IPO for El Pollo Loco (LOCO$) is up over 100% since it's IPO last Friday. Up 40%+ today...might make some more noise tomorrow and in coming days. I made a pretty penny today, since I missed the IPO on Friday.

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Classic or Passport???
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    07-28-14 03:40 PM
    OT:

Fyi...IPO for El Pollo Loco (LOCO$) is up over 100% since it's IPO last Friday. Up 40%+ today...might make some more noise tomorrow and in coming days. I made a pretty penny today, since I missed the IPO on Friday.

OT: Saw that on PBS on Friday.
    ZayDub and sidhuk like this.
    07-28-14 04:20 PM
    OT:

if it heads up anymore I may start shorting it for a bit. We shall see

Posted via CB10
    ZayDub likes this.
    07-28-14 04:27 PM
    Wouldnt that be a nice stock price plug! Imagine first Germany, then China.... pretty soon bbry owns Europe's government's communications. Would that line us up for a 200$ stock party?

Posted via CrackBerry App
    If they are talking about BB10 with Secusmart then BB10 device is a few hundred and secusmart is another 2K for each device IIRC. Not enough info to figure out what would be going to BBRY.

But still - 20K BB units is good press and plays the security card.
    bungaboy, sidhuk and zyben like this.
    07-28-14 05:00 PM
    In other anecdotal news...

I just got an email from my good friend who is a DEA special agent stationed in Columbia and it was signed, "Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone ".

Two important takeaways here. First, I assume the phone was provided by his agency, the US DEA. Second, this dude is the real life James Bond and deals with some seriously high level cases where security matters. He is the best walking endorsement BlackBerry could ask for, so it's great to see he's using a professional grade smartphone!

When I see him next month I'll try to see what he thinks of his BB10 and dig a little further.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 05:47 PM
    BlackBerry Ltd ?only brand? that meets German government?s security needs, spokesman says | Financial Post

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-blackberry-ltd-germany.jpg

Facing the threat of new competition from International Business Machines Corp. and Apple Inc., BlackBerry Ltd. is winning a vote of support from the German government, still reeling from revelations of spying by U.S. intelligence agencies. On Monday, Germany’s Federal Ministry of the Interior said it wants more of its officials using encrypted BlackBerrys.

The ministry uses 3,000 encrypted BlackBerry devices outfitted with technology made by German firm Secusmart that makes them less susceptible to eavesdropping, said interior ministry spokesman Tobias Plate in a phone interview.

“More and more” of these encrypted devices made by the Waterloo, Ont.-based company are being bought for federal government employees and the number is “constantly rising”, said Mr. Plate.

Only BlackBerry smartphones comply with the ministry’s security standards for use with Secusmart’s technology, he said Monday.

“We have a federal authority for information security and they checked several smartphones, and the only brand that was approved by them is the BlackBerry smartphones… It’s the security of the device,” he said.

The handsets, which incorporate a Secusmart microSD card that acts as a separate hard drive for confidential information that can’t be accessed by hackers, are sold by the German company for 2,000 Euros.

German publication Bild recently reported that the country’s interior ministry was looking to buy 20,000 ultra-secure smartphones, but Mr. Plate would not confirm that figure. There are 400,000 employees working in Germany’s Federal Administration, though not all would handle sensitive information and require an encrypted mobile device, he said.

A BlackBerry spokesperson would not comment on the ministry’s plans but said: “BlackBerry has a long history providing secure mobility solutions across mission critical industries such as government, financial services, healthcare, and other security and productivity-focused sectors including all G7 nations and 16 of the G20 countries.”

BlackBerry chief executive John Chen and some of the handset maker’s other top officials will discuss the growing security threat facing mobile device users at a summit in New York on Tuesday.

It’s a platform for the company to discuss its plans in front of a business audience as BlackBerry focuses more on corporate clients as part of its turnaround strategy under Mr. Chen.

BlackBerry’s recovery plans may be threatened by a pact between Apple and IBM announced earlier this month to load iPhones and iPads with industry-specific applications to target enterprise and corporate clients.

BlackBerry shares slumped after the alliance was announced, but rallied last Thursday after Mr. Chen told the Financial Times he is looking for some partnerships of his own.

On Monday, Mr. Chen told Bloomberg Television there are no takeover offers on his desk right now, but he’s “comfortable” with BlackBerry’s situation as he pushes for operational profitability by fiscal 2016.

“I am comfortable with where the company is today, how we managed our technology, our businesses, the margins, the distribution channel or the new products that’s coming out,” Mr. Chen told Bloomberg.

“Whether it’s going to be good enough to be iconic again, OK, that’s something I need to chew on. I don’t know the answer to that question.”
    07-28-14 05:47 PM
    this elephant better not try to dance with an another while on the ball!
    In honour of those Chenisms...

Corbu, zyben, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    07-28-14 06:29 PM
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security files. Still trying to understand the insane amounts of cash accumulated at Apple when comparing various technologies and innovation, with IMHO their older more expensive and not so secure OS? There are some mind-blogging mysteries in life which still escapes me, different strokes for different folks maybe, scary stuff in a not so robust world...

Apple earnings: iPhone revenues are as big as Amazon.
    zyben, Mr BBRY, bungaboy and 4 others like this.
    07-28-14 07:41 PM
    Thanks Corbu!

Nice of the decision makers at FP to choose the photo of Merkel looking dissatisfied. I'm sure there were no alternatives

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-163137880.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-213790d1382630695t-german-chancellor-angela-merkel-rocking-z10-merkel.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-890x.png
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-4.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-merkel-bb10-3-600x377.jpg
    07-28-14 08:03 PM
    Thanks Corbu!

Nice of the decision makers at FP to choose the photo of Merkel looking dissatisfied. I'm sure there were no alternatives

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	163137880.jpg 
Views:	868 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	287512

Name:	213790d1382630695t-german-chancellor-angela-merkel-rocking-z10-merkel.jpg 
Views:	929 
Size:	146.2 KB 
ID:	287513

Name:	890x.png 
Views:	868 
Size:	571.6 KB 
ID:	287515

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	922 
Size:	18.8 KB 
ID:	287516

Name:	merkel-bb10-3-600x377.jpg 
Views:	927 
Size:	69.1 KB 
ID:	287517
    Excellent point, zyben! Very well observed.

I'd almost be tempted to replace the original photo by one of yours but that would undercut your point. Thanks for pointing out the FP's content/layout editor's carelessness.
    bungaboy, sidhuk, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    07-28-14 08:32 PM
    For reference purposes, here is the complete portion of the Bloomberg interview of JC with Emily Chang that came out today. From 9:33 to 12:17:

Zillow and Trulia Combine: Bloomberg West (07/28): Video - Bloomberg

For the record, she says that she met JC "recently" and that the complete 30 minutes interview will be broadcast this September (!).
    07-28-14 09:38 PM
    So does anyone still think that the 10 dollar mark doesn't have some significance lol

Posted via CB10
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    07-28-14 10:34 PM
    07-28-14 11:22 PM
    OT: But creeping/security related I guess.

Well I learned something today. CB and Google are partners. I never knew that. I guess it's the click, advert revenue thing.

http://forums.crackberry.com/discove.../#post10448035
    That dyke needs a finger...she's about to blow. lol

Eazzy Peazzy
    bungaboy and zyben like this.
    07-29-14 12:34 AM
    OT: But creeping/security related I guess.
    Well I learned something today. CB and Google are partners. I never knew that. I guess it's the click, advert revenue thing.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/discove.../#post10448035
    Thanks. I didn't know this.
    So, Google, a de facto search engine and web advertising monopolist, can control the content of popular blogs.
    Why do I just get a queasy feeling?

EDIT:
    Sorry, my comment is OT.
    Last edited by georg4BB; 07-29-14 at 07:31 AM.
    jxnb, bungaboy, Corbu and 4 others like this.
    07-29-14 05:34 AM
    Thanks. I didn't know this.
    So, Google, a de facto search engine and web advertising monopolist, can control the content of popular blogs.
    Why do I just get a queasy feeling?
    OT: georg4BB!!

Exactly my thoughts. Here I am posting away (innocently/naively) never, ever even thinking anything like this was in place.

Now to be "Scroogled" on a forum and have the direction/content dictated/shaped by them makes me nauseous as well.
    Corbu, jxnb, rarsen and 6 others like this.
    07-29-14 06:53 AM
    Wells Fargo raises price target to $9.50-10.50 from $8.50-$9.5. After meeting with management... "Management has several levers to drive cashflow."
    07-29-14 07:23 AM
    Last edited by Corbu; 07-29-14 at 08:25 AM.
    07-29-14 07:30 AM
    Wells Fargo raises price target to $9.50-10.50 from $8.50-$9.5. After meeting with management... "Management has several levers to drive cashflow."
    They are really putting there necks out on the line here. If this is all it takes to be an analyst at Wells Fargo by just giving stock a target of there current SP please tell me where i can forward my resume to at Wells Fargo.
    07-29-14 07:32 AM
    John Chen has just announced the acquisition of SecureSmart.
    rarsen, Corbu, georg4BB and 17 others like this.
    07-29-14 07:56 AM
    John Chen has just announced the acquisition of SecureSmart.
    oh snap
    07-29-14 07:57 AM
113,256 ... 27582759276027612762 ...