Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Whoooooooosh!
    07-28-14 11:43 AM
    Just ditched my shares. Not due to any lack of faith in BBRY, but realizing I've got insider information made me want to remove a possible conflict of interest from a pending legal battle.
    07-28-14 11:53 AM
    Just ditched my shares. Not due to any lack of faith in BBRY, but realizing I've got insider information made me want to remove a possible conflict of interest from a pending legal battle.
    Okay, you can't make a statement like that then walk away. You have to tell us then your conscience will be completely cleared. :P

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247 | Bell | CB10
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    07-28-14 11:59 AM
    I think if we can ever manage to get bavk over 14$ I'll probably pull out. Ill have made a little money, covered my commission payments, and can get my car fixed lol

Posted via CrackBerry App
    07-28-14 12:14 PM
    I just bought yours and then some.

I have faith in Blackberry!
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    07-28-14 12:22 PM
    "Better than 80/20". I'll buy that!

Posted via CB10
    And now we can strike the "Chinese" option, for good.
    07-28-14 12:26 PM
    I have a feeling we go after apple.

07-28-14 12:27 PM
    More JC on Bloomberg:
    Don?t Know If We Can Be Iconic Again: CEO Chen: Video - Bloomberg

Man, give us the unedited interview already!
    bungaboy, rarsen, sidhuk and 4 others like this.
    07-28-14 12:50 PM
    I'm not asking for iconic.....but a $15-20 billion market cap company would do

More JC on Bloomberg:
    Don?t Know If We Can Be Iconic Again: CEO Chen: Video - Bloomberg

Man, give us the unedited interview already!
    07-28-14 12:53 PM
    I think they can become a 50 billion dollar company within 5 year if they execute on everything they are proposing. That just my 2 cents
    07-28-14 12:59 PM
    BlackBerry CEO John Chen is chatting with the media again, this time with Bloomberg, where he states that the company currently has no offers to buy out the company.

BlackBerry might, at first glance, be a target for an offer or takeover, but according to Chen, "I don't have any offers on my desk." He added, "If people would like to talk, I mean, talk is not an offer." It does seem clear that he is going to stay on course with making BlackBerry profitable again.

Chen feels that BlackBerry could break even by the end of its current fiscal year, and become profitable once again in its next fiscal year which ends in March 2016. He added:

I am comfortable with where the company is today, how we managed our technology, our businesses, the margins, the distribution channel or the new products that's coming out ... Whether it's going to be good enough to be iconic again, OK, that's something I need to chew on. I don't know the answer to that question.

One of those "new products" that Chen mentions is likely the BlackBerry Passport, which is slated to be the company's next smartphone product.
    07-28-14 01:00 PM
    I love Chenisms!

"I am comfortable with where the company is today, how we managed our technology, our businesses, the margins, the distribution channel or the new products that's coming out ... Whether it's going to be good enough to be iconic again, OK, that's something I need to chew on. I don't know the answer to that question."
    W Hoa, sidhuk, Corbu and 6 others like this.
    07-28-14 01:32 PM
    $3 EPS will get you there.
    07-28-14 01:34 PM
    I love Chenisms!
    In honour of those Chenisms...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-elephant-ball2-370x229.jpg
    07-28-14 01:45 PM
    I love Chenisms!

" ... Whether it's going to be good enough to be iconic again, OK, that's something I need to chew on. I don't know the answer to that question."
    Not sure how to take this. Sandbagging? Not confident it can? Or truly not sure?

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 01:46 PM
    In honour of those Chenisms...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	elephant-ball2-370x229.jpg 
Views:	1872 
Size:	14.6 KB 
ID:	287476
    Big ball!
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    07-28-14 01:48 PM
    Not sure how to take this. Sandbagging? Not confident it can? Or truly not sure?

Posted via CB10
    One foot in front of the other. One step at a time. One day at a time. Steady she goes. Stand Sure!
    07-28-14 01:50 PM
    German Govt. May Buy 20k More blackberries?
    https://translate.google.com/transla...tml&edit-text=

"To complicate eavesdropping, the federal government is investing in smartphones with the latest encryption technology. 20,000 units are to be acquired, according to a media report. This will cost tens of millions of euros."
    07-28-14 02:20 PM
    German Govt. May Buy 20k More blackberries?
    https://translate.google.com/transla...tml&edit-text=

"To complicate eavesdropping, the federal government is investing in smartphones with the latest encryption technology. 20,000 units are to be acquired, according to a media report. This will cost tens of millions of euros."
    Wouldnt that be a nice stock price plug! Imagine first Germany, then China.... pretty soon bbry owns Europe's government's communications. Would that line us up for a 200$ stock party?

Posted via CrackBerry App
    07-28-14 02:29 PM
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security files:

Home automation opens up IoT market for telcos: Ovum | ZDNet

Home security is set to become single largest growth sector for internet service providers and telcos in the burgeoning internet of things (IoT) 'connected home' market. Another significant market that has been identified in Australia, according to the report, is household energy management services and hardware. "The biggest challenge to growth is the nascent state of the ecosystem for connected home devices and applications. To grow this market the ICT industry must create innovative products that widen the appeal of connected home technology to the mass market."

The report follows multi-billion dollar investments by the likes of Google and Apple into expanding IoT device portfolios. Comment: I personally prefer a more secure known brand of smartphone technology.
    bungaboy, sidhuk, Corbu and 4 others like this.
    07-28-14 02:44 PM
    OT: But creeping/security related I guess.

Well I learned something today. CB and Google are partners. I never knew that. I guess it's the click, advert revenue thing.

http://forums.crackberry.com/discove.../#post10448035
    07-28-14 02:45 PM
    Okay, you can't make a statement like that then walk away. You have to tell us then your conscience will be completely cleared. :P

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247 | Bell | CB10
    I'd say 'read my sig', but it's been deleted.
    07-28-14 02:50 PM
    nice car, reminds me of this one that someone I know 'restored', with a 350 V8 of course

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_1328.jpg

OT...

"Dare to be different."

Corbu, bungaboy, Mr BBRY and 2 others like this.
    07-28-14 02:50 PM
    OT: But creeping/security related I guess.

Well I learned something today. CB and Google are partners. I never knew that. I guess it's the click, advert revenue thing.

http://forums.crackberry.com/discove.../#post10448035
    Crackberry Google partner? wow. that changes the whole theme in my mind about #1 blackberry "Fan" site. never stop learning.
    bungaboy, zyben and CDM76 like this.
    07-28-14 02:53 PM
    When did they partner? I am so confused?

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 03:20 PM
113,256 ... 27572758275927602761 ...