View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Just wondering though, if, say, IBM were building Apps for BlackBerry, would the rest of the world still be concerned that the NSA or the Government could be accessing the data available to the App? Total speculation here, but enterprise does need to address app security as well as OS security. Apple has 600 million backdoors in the dark, what would make the IBM apps secure?

BB10 4 ME
    If IBM were to develop apps on bb10 for enterprise there would be an audit process put in place my BlackBerry to ensure there data and OS isn't compromised by the app. Atleast this is how it is for the banking industry even if code is written in house there is a internal audit process in place.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-14 02:19 PM
    Right, so any data coming out of the phone is only what the app is supposed to have. After that IBM/apple (in this example) can throw it on a cloud server and be able to access it there or not depending on which side of the security fence they land on. I'm sure that iBM would love to be able to analyze corporate traffic the same way apple/google etc analyze consumer traffic.

BB10 4 ME
    07-27-14 05:06 PM
    Dont be mistaken if IBM develops enterprise applications for bb10 then IBM is in control of that data bc it is there application. I guess it is up to the individual companies whether or not they want to use an IBM application. It has nothing to do with BlackBerry. Partnership or not if I created an app on bb10, all the data that the app produces i am in my right to apply analytics to. Now who owns that data is a different story and would have to be outlined in the purchase and use agreement of the application

Posted via CB10
    07-27-14 06:09 PM
    OT
    Hey guys just seeing if anyone know a fix to this, my Z30 wall charger seems to make a buzzing sound everytime i charge my phone I just started noticing this a few weeks ago. Is this a common issue? :/
    07-27-14 06:10 PM
    That's why they are going to partner with SAP . I don't think we will see a merger. If we see anything it will be a buyout or partnership. Like I said a partnership wouldn't hurt them but you might have a point if they partner with an American company. It would hinge on what the partnership entailed. If it was just a deal where they resell BlackBerry hardware and develop enterprise applications then i think there would be no harm. The harm would come into play if American companies were in a spot to retrieve and store data from BlackBerry clients

Posted via CB10

Bouncing off yours and BBUK's comments, I think most of us are in agreement, and I believe that (although not disclosed), that it was always a primary qualifier that when BlackBerry was so-called 'up for sale' that there was always selective interest to keep non-Common Wealth countries out of the bid. Further, I doubt that Google or possibly Apple would have been on the 'ok list' of potential suitors.
    Remember that BlackBerry is very unique here, given it's list of Clients.
    07-27-14 06:20 PM
    With all the talk about takeovers and partnerships, etc.,i think there is a question worth considering:

Would a merger or partnership with an American company leave BlackBerry open to NSA/US government data access in cooperation with the various anti-terrorism and national security laws? I do suspect that a merger with Microsoft or any other American company would not be welcomed by Germany for example.

Posted via CB10
    The conspiracy theorist side of me says that this is a reason why BlackBerry is being suppressed by the media. They don't exactly follow the current standard of low ethics that the others are allowing.
    I also wonder that if BlackBerry was not so deeply entrenched with Government, military, etc. That they would have been devoured long ago, because they aren't... well, dirty.

Edit: They aren't dirty anymore. Balsillie was a dirty-rotten vato. LOL.
    07-27-14 06:32 PM
    OT
    Hey guys just seeing if anyone know a fix to this, my Z30 wall charger seems to make a buzzing sound everytime i charge my phone I just started noticing this a few weeks ago. Is this a common issue? :/
    Somewhere in here there is a thread on that. I recall reading it because one of my Z30s did that out of the box. I recall it was something really simple. But I can't remember now. Age you know. LOL
    slipstream89 likes this.
    07-27-14 06:59 PM
    OT
    If you turn your electric razor on, you won't hear the cell phone power supply buzz.

Seriously, the regulator circuit is going, but use it until it quits.
    Or, If under warranty...
    slipstream89 likes this.
    07-27-14 11:41 PM
    If you turn your electric razor on, you won't hear the cell phone power supply buzz.

Seriously, the regulator circuit is going, but use it until it quits.
    Or, If under warranty...
    kinda sucks because my z30 is less than a year old but the charger is already ****ting out...not impressed with that at all. Going to see if rogers will replace it
    07-28-14 12:25 AM
    If IBM were to develop apps on bb10 for enterprise there would be an audit process put in place my BlackBerry to ensure there data and OS isn't compromised by the app. Atleast this is how it is for the banking industry even if code is written in house there is a internal audit process in place.

Posted via CB10
    IBM has localized entities. Therefore, they could base partnership on a country/area specific basis.
    We can see this with cloud-based solutions here (MS, Amazon, ...) that are done within the European space and thus regulated by our laws (way more strict than N.A's). Of course, also with hosted BES for Europe.

That's certainly a psychological point, but in the facts, I'm not that sure.
    bungaboy, Ribes Nigrum and zyben like this.
    07-28-14 03:41 AM
    kinda sucks because my z30 is less than a year old but the charger is already ****ting out...not impressed with that at all. Going to see if rogers will replace it
    I only use the PlayBook chargers now. Can buy them for about $3-$4 on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00K8HY132/ref=s9_simh_gw_p107_d0_i3?pf_rd_m=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&p f_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0MHKQJDGCC4YR6K3CKES&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p =1687860482&pf_rd_i=915398
    07-28-14 07:42 AM
    http://gigaom.com/2014/07/28/samsung...en-smartphone/

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    07-28-14 08:12 AM
    Thanks for the post.

Samsung’s homegrown Tizen operating system has suffered yet another setback: On Monday, Samsung Electronics said that it is delaying sales of the Samsung Z in Russia. No new release date was announced.
    07-28-14 08:14 AM
    Chen is on Bloomberg this morning. Nice conversation I will post it if I see them post the piece

This is a summary piece:

BlackBerry?s Chen Has No Buyout Offers During Turnaround - Bloomberg
    bungaboy, georg4BB, rarsen and 7 others like this.
    07-28-14 08:24 AM
    Thanks randall!

I believe this might be it:
    Chen: Prefer to Build Value at BlackBerry: Video - Bloomberg

The first question... I, for one, would indeed prefer for him to build value before contemplating anything else but strategic partnerships.
    Last edited by Corbu; 07-28-14 at 09:23 AM.
    07-28-14 08:52 AM
    Thanks randall!

The first question...
    "Better than 80/20". I'll buy that!

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 08:58 AM
    Thanks randall!

The first question... I, for one, would indeed prefer for him to build value before contemplating anything else but strategic partnerships.
    Thats what I saw this morning. They just said the "whole interview will be played on Bloomberg West at 1:00 pm"
    bungaboy, Mr BBRY, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    07-28-14 09:24 AM
    And looks like he is making the rounds... CNBC:
    BlackBerry CEO: No longer concerns about our viability
    Last edited by Corbu; 07-28-14 at 10:30 AM.
    07-28-14 09:38 AM
    And looks like he making the rounds... CNBC:
    BlackBerry CEO: No longer concerns about our viability
    These guys are Full of dump as always.

Corbu, bungaboy, Mr BBRY and 3 others like this.
    07-28-14 09:42 AM
    Yep sadly I hope his phone get hacked (not a lot of damage for him) but get hacked so he can talk about securities better.

sidhuk, bungaboy, Mr BBRY and 1 others like this.
    07-28-14 10:16 AM
    Maybe this is the reason apple's ecosystem is so... sticky.

The paradox of choice
    https://t.co/uO132JSmAv

BB10 4 ME
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    07-28-14 10:46 AM
    07-28-14 10:47 AM
    Oh boy, are these clowns for real, LOL.
    "... Apple and IBM ... it's sooooo powerful...".
    They seem to think very basic. They have no idea, what these companies have actually to offer.
    Just like:
    [1] Apple = Success
    [2] IBM = Enterprise
    [3] Apple + IBM = Success in Enterprise
    Q.E.D.
    07-28-14 10:59 AM
    A bit more of JC on CNBC:
    BlackBerry CEO: Focused on enterprise
    I've seen this quoted by the reporter two times today, and I think it may be subtle, but he indicates some 'breaking news' which will be released tomorrow, in reference to partnerships (or perhaps it could be something else) -- any ideas???

I don't know if anyone else picked up on his statement, but i'm trying to read the tea leaves, and determine if this news may materially affect the stock price....hmmm

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Classic or Passport???
    07-28-14 11:17 AM
    At the risk of sounding presumptuous, you know what? I think these guys simply don't "get it"! They live in a binary world and are either too lazy or too misinformed to consider anything else. I suspect in this thread we have more collective knowledge about BBRY and what JC is trying to accomplish.

Pity JC has to give these guys interviews. We should be the ones interviewing him!
    Last edited by Corbu; 07-28-14 at 12:02 PM.
    07-28-14 11:23 AM
113,256 ... 27562757275827592760 ...