1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    07-25-14 10:51 PM
    Amusingly appropriate, happy Saturday all :

Eazzy Peazzy
    morganplus8, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    07-26-14 08:29 AM
    Knowing he has to get revenues growing again, and create a bulwark against deals like the recent Microsoft Corp. alliance with IBM Corp. on mobile apps for the enterprise market
    Now Microsoft too? Man, that IBM will shack up with anybody... wonder how Apple is taking the news?
    07-26-14 09:20 AM
    I had also read Microsoft in the article but considered it a typo, as it should read Apple. Don't get me going about the reliability and flexibility of ethics of many journalists...
    Last edited by rarsen; 07-26-14 at 10:05 AM.
    07-26-14 09:50 AM

Eazzy Peazzy
    Everyone be happy.

Tim Smith from my Z10 on Rogers
    07-26-14 09:56 AM
    http://betanews.com/2014/07/23/do-no...you-read-this/

I stumbled across this link in the PlayBook forums. if you can muscle your way through it, the comments section is pure gold.

I think it's evidence of the fact that people are starting to understand BlackBerry's new direction. For me, seeing comment sections like this definitely reinforces my long position, and is a testament to the work being done by the new management.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! ?
    07-26-14 11:30 AM

Eazzy Peazzy
    Yes, happy Saturday all. And a Hello from Dresden
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140726_185656.jpg

Posted with my great BB Q10
    bungaboy, sidhuk, Corbu and 5 others like this.
    07-26-14 12:00 PM
    Do NOT buy a Blackberry Passport until you read this

I stumbled across this link in the PlayBook forums. if you can muscle your way through it, the comments section is pure gold.

I think it's evidence of the fact that people are starting to understand BlackBerry's new direction. For me, seeing comment sections like this definitely reinforces my long position, and is a testament to the work being done by the new management.

you mean this writer?

An unfortunate ending | Business - InfoWorld

FEBRUARY 21, 2010
    An unfortunate ending
    Due to a serious breach of trust, Randall C. Kennedy will no longer be writing for InfoWorld
    On Friday, Feb. 19, we discovered that one of our contributors, Randall C. Kennedy, had been misrepresenting himself to other media organizations as Craig Barth, CTO of Devil Mountain Software (aka exo.performance.network), in interviews for a number of stories regarding Windows and other Microsoft software topics. Devil Mountain Software is a business Kennedy established that specializes in the analysis of Windows performance data. There is no Craig Barth, and Kennedy has stated that this fabrication was a misguided effort to separate himself (or more accurately, his InfoWorld blogger persona) from his Devil Mountain Software business.

Integrity and honesty are core to InfoWorld's mission of service to IT professionals, and we view Kennedy's actions as a serious breach of trust. As a result, he will no longer be a contributor to InfoWorld, and we have removed his blog from this site.

Over the past 10 years, Kennedy has contributed valuable information on Windows performance and other technical issues to InfoWorld and its readers -- insight and analysis we still believe to be accurate and reliable. Based on our discovery, however, we cannot continue our relationship with Kennedy. Questions about this matter may be directed to Kennedy at [email protected]. We apologize to our readers.
    Corbu, jxnb, Shanerredflag and 7 others like this.
    07-26-14 01:09 PM
    you mean this writer?
    Yes! That was posted a few times in the comments.

bungaboy, sidhuk and rarsen like this.
    07-26-14 01:54 PM
    There�s a good chance BB can cling to both, given a CIO Magazine report earlier this month that chief information officers at Fortune 500 companies are overwhelmed by the varied mobile devices and applications (apps) they must keep track of.

�Mobile app performance issues and privacy concerns have sparked a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) revolt,� CIO Magazine reported this week. �Now many employees are asking for their corporate BlackBerry back.�
    07-26-14 04:30 PM
    you mean this writer?

An unfortunate ending | Business - InfoWorld

FEBRUARY 21, 2010
    An unfortunate ending
    Due to a serious breach of trust, Randall C. Kennedy will no longer be writing for InfoWorld
    On Friday, Feb. 19, we discovered that one of our contributors, Randall C. Kennedy, had been misrepresenting himself to other media organizations as Craig Barth, CTO of Devil Mountain Software (aka exo.performance.network), in interviews for a number of stories regarding Windows and other Microsoft software topics. Devil Mountain Software is a business Kennedy established that specializes in the analysis of Windows performance data. There is no Craig Barth, and Kennedy has stated that this fabrication was a misguided effort to separate himself (or more accurately, his InfoWorld blogger persona) from his Devil Mountain Software business.

Integrity and honesty are core to InfoWorld's mission of service to IT professionals, and we view Kennedy's actions as a serious breach of trust. As a result, he will no longer be a contributor to InfoWorld, and we have removed his blog from this site.

Over the past 10 years, Kennedy has contributed valuable information on Windows performance and other technical issues to InfoWorld and its readers -- insight and analysis we still believe to be accurate and reliable. Based on our discovery, however, we cannot continue our relationship with Kennedy. Questions about this matter may be directed to Kennedy at [email protected]. We apologize to our readers.
    To quote xBURK from the comments section of the original article.

Well well well.... look what this same so called tech writer wrote about the PlayBook a few years ago. Two faced much?

4G LTE BlackBerry PlayBook makes iOS and Android devices feel about as sophisticated as my daughter’s old 'Speak & Spell'

4G LTE BlackBerry PlayBook makes iOS and Android devices feel about as sophisticated as my daughter?s old 'Speak & Spell'
    morganplus8, rarsen, Corbu and 7 others like this.
    07-26-14 04:32 PM
    To quote xBURK from the comments section of the original article.

Well well well.... look what this same so called tech writer wrote about the PlayBook a few years ago. Two faced much?

4G LTE BlackBerry PlayBook makes iOS and Android devices feel about as sophisticated as my daughter�s old 'Speak & Spell'

4G LTE BlackBerry PlayBook makes iOS and Android devices feel about as sophisticated as my daughter?s old 'Speak & Spell'
    Yabut....
    07-26-14 09:27 PM
    Howdy fellas, just dropped in for an all-around high-five for our SP holding ground Friday.

Hey, who's up for a story?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-elephants.jpg
    07-26-14 11:04 PM
    Ok, a serious follow-up:

Snowden: ?If I end up in chains at Guantanamo, I can live with that?

http://venturebeat.com/2014/07/26/sn...ive-with-that/

Remind me again, why so many folks have no problem with Google, or skype?

------------

Apple May Be Planning Some Big Changes For Its Retail Stores And Genius Bar

http://www.businessinsider.com/apple...changes-2014-7

Check out the pic. Some serious cult following evidence. I'll admit to being somewhat a BlackBerry fan boy, by definition, but I always under pin my decisions with due diligence and critical thinking.

My thoughts after reading both of these links is that it seems like the only logical approach to my business OR personal phone is to go with BlackBerry. No, seriously. The world of tech is clearly getting out of hand.
    Last edited by Bacon Munchers; 07-27-14 at 06:07 PM.
    07-27-14 12:17 AM
    Here is a fun poke at the Apple fans. Good for a weekend laugh.

Tim Smith from my Z10 on Rogers
    07-27-14 01:28 AM
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security files:

Ofcom | Research into consumer views on the importance of communications services and their affordability where some resulting data include:

Internet access from a smartphone was deemed an essential by half of young people, a quarter of the general population, and no-one over 75. Internet access from a fixed connection was seen as essential by 40 percent of people.
    Using the mobile phone for calls is the next most popular use with 60 per cent of the 16-24 age group and 17 per cent of the over 75s. The UK average is 46 percent.
    With only 29 percent of the total seeing a landline as essential, the days of the landline are numbered.
    07-27-14 07:22 AM
    With all the talk about takeovers and partnerships, etc.,i think there is a question worth considering:

Would a merger or partnership with an American company leave BlackBerry open to NSA/US government data access in cooperation with the various anti-terrorism and national security laws? I do suspect that a merger with Microsoft or any other American company would not be welcomed by Germany for example.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-14 07:51 AM
    Ok, a serious follow-up:

Snowden: ?If I end up in chains at Guantanamo, I can live with that?

Snowden: "If I end up in chains at Guantanamo, I can live with that" | VentureBeat | Security | by Richard Byrne Reilly

Remind me again, why so many folks have no problem with Google, or skype?

------------

Apple May Be Planning Some Big Changes For Its Retail Stores And Genius Bar

Apple Store Changes - Business Insider

Check our the pic. Some serious cult following evidence. I'll admit to being somewhat a BlackBerry fan boy, by definition, but I always under pin my decisions with due diligence and critical thinking.

My thoughts after reading both of these links is that it seems like the only logical approach to my business OR personal phone is to go with BlackBerry. No, seriously. The world of tech is clearly getting out of hand.
    "So, for example, if you have a small issue with your iPhone, you may only need to meet with a Genius Bar representative for 15 minutes. But, if your Mac and your iPhone are both giving you trouble, you may need to book a 30-minute session.

There's no timetable for when this policy would be implemented, but Gurman reports that some Apple stores have already begun training for this change. A small scale roll out could happen over the coming weeks or months."

WTF? Do they have to train them how to tell the time between 15 and 30 minutes?
    Last edited by bungaboy; 07-27-14 at 08:59 AM.
    07-27-14 08:10 AM
    Howdy fellas, just dropped in for an all-around high-five for our SP holding ground Friday.

Hey, who's up for a story?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Elephants.jpg 
Views:	1158 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	287171
    This is one of the best yet! Thanks.
    07-27-14 08:13 AM
    07-27-14 09:20 AM
    Well, what a race!

Some pretty fine driving out there for this 100th F1 race for Mercedes.

Congratulations to Red Bull, Ferrari and to everyone else.

A 3rd and a 4th for the M boys...

07-27-14 09:26 AM
    That's why they are going to partner with SAP . I don't think we will see a merger. If we see anything it will be a buyout or partnership. Like I said a partnership wouldn't hurt them but you might have a point if they partner with an American company. It would hinge on what the partnership entailed. If it was just a deal where they resell BlackBerry hardware and develop enterprise applications then i think there would be no harm. The harm would come into play if American companies were in a spot to retrieve and store data from BlackBerry clients

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, rarsen, Corbu and 7 others like this.
    07-27-14 09:29 AM
    That's why they are going to partner with SAP . I don't think we will see a merger. If we see anything it will be a buyout or partnership. Like I said a partnership wouldn't hurt them but you might have a point if they partner with an American company. It would hinge on what the partnership entailed. If it was just a deal where they resell BlackBerry hardware and develop enterprise applications then i think there would be no harm. The harm would come into play if American companies were in a spot to retrieve and store data from BlackBerry clients

Posted via CB10
    Just wondering though, if, say, IBM were building Apps for BlackBerry, would the rest of the world still be concerned that the NSA or the Government could be accessing the data available to the App? Total speculation here, but enterprise does need to address app security as well as OS security. Apple has 600 million backdoors in the dark, what would make the IBM apps secure?

BB10 4 ME
    07-27-14 10:41 AM
    OT...

"Dare to be different."

07-27-14 12:11 PM
    OT...

"Dare to be different."

Aww man. Your yanking on my heart strings now.

I had a 1972 240Z in 1976.

Nicest little car I ever had.

I wish I still had it.
    Corbu, morganplus8, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    07-27-14 12:17 PM
113,256 ... 27552756275727582759 ...