Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Remember my white branding theory ?
    Interesting indeed!

With the sudden change in attitude and the recent awareness brought to security issues, one might wonder what is going on behind the scenes.

Maybe Apple and Google find some need to keep BlackBerry alive afterall. But they can't let it be publicly known..

Just when I thought the BlackBerry saga was losing it's excitement!
    StormieTwo and rarsen like this.
    07-24-14 10:57 AM
    It is a shame. Apathy

#BBFactCheck
    07-24-14 11:02 AM
    Interesting indeed!

With the sudden change in attitude and the recent awareness brought to security issues, one might wonder what is going on behind the scenes.

Maybe Apple and Google find some need to keep BlackBerry alive afterall. But they can't let it be publicly known..

Just when I thought the BlackBerry saga was losing it's excitement!
    I'm not sure how wide the spectrum is. What I believe though is that recent moves makes this kind of "counter-nature transversal de facto alliance" possible. IBM can brand it as they like and appl hide behind big blue. But shhhhh ... we don't care, that's just ... perfect.
    W Hoa, rarsen, jxnb and 3 others like this.
    07-24-14 11:10 AM
    If you don't mind, crackerdoodle and W. Hoa, I'll quote the FT article in extenso here, for future reference. Thanks!
    these are Big words. Blackberry has something, no one has has? I wonder what is he talking about?

“I am not afraid of competing when I know I am more nimble. I never think [that] going alone is the right strategy. But we have a value add that no one else can do.”
    07-24-14 11:11 AM
    Remember my white branding 'Art of War' theory ?
    I think John Chen and Sun Tzu have something in common.
    Corbu, jxnb, Superfly_FR and 6 others like this.
    07-24-14 11:14 AM
    Candy time, thanks to Bla1ze...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-flip_cover_case.jpg
    sidhuk, Superfly_FR, W Hoa and 9 others like this.
    07-24-14 11:15 AM
    I think John Chen and Sun Tzu have something in common.
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    07-24-14 11:16 AM
    If you don't mind, crackerdoodle and W. Hoa, I'll quote the FT article in extenso here, for future reference. Thanks!
    You're the man. I was just filling in while you were on a break.
    07-24-14 11:20 AM
    Fast note : I suggested earlier (by ignorance) that BES Hosted was the new BES in the Cloud. May have jumped on it too fast, we have no fact to say that. Investigating, will keep you posted abt it.
    bungaboy and zyben like this.
    07-24-14 11:26 AM
    You're the man. I was just filling in while you were on a break.
    07-24-14 11:34 AM
    digging ...

This hosted solution also potentially opens up BES 10 to a larger market of small businesses, as well as larger enterprises. The pricing starts at $19 per device annually, plus $4 per year for support. Security features and advanced management features for non-BlackBerry devices will cost $60 a device per year, plus $12 for support.
    BlackBerry Offering BES 10 as Hosted Service | Sci-Tech Today
    ... a coffee per month/user ... BlackBerry user.
    For non-BlackBerry devices => take the moneyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy !

P.S: (according to the article).
    07-24-14 11:37 AM
    news from S.A email : BlackBerry rallies after Chen talks partnership efforts

• BlackBerry (BBRY +4.2%) is talking with other tech companies about partnerships in the wake of the Apple-IBM deal, John Chen tells the FT. "I am working on some, and maybe we will collaborate with others. If I focus on security and identity management then we will be a good solid partner."
    • Chen compared the Apple/IBM tie-up to two elephants dancing, and promised BlackBerry would be more nimble. He also talks up BlackBerry's long-term enterprise strategy. "What we are doing is focusing on security and privacy, which is where all the things are connected. Every IT device – no matter what operating system – we want to talk to and connect securely."
    • BlackBerry tumbled after the Apple/IBM deal was announced, as a slew of analysts argued the alliance is a negative for BlackBerry's MDM and/or enterprise hardware efforts.
    Mr BBRY, sidhuk, bungaboy and 5 others like this.
    07-24-14 11:46 AM
    Fast note : I suggested earlier (by ignorance) that BES Hosted was the new BES in the Cloud. May have jumped on it too fast, we have no fact to say that. Investigating, will keep you posted abt it.
    I thought about it a little more. I think the BES Hosted is going back to attract all the old RIM business partners (IT service companies of all sizes) who offer email hosting and cloud services to their customers. Back in the BES 4 and 5 days, small IT consulting shops could offer their clients BlackBerry and BES services for email access. That pretty much died off from bad management and the general shift to iOS and BYOD. I heard after a while resellers could even get SKUs for hosted CALs from RIM. Anyway, hopefully BlackBerry has fixed all that with BES Hosting. Plus hopefully BlackBerry can attract back a good number of their old mom/pop Business Partners since the can drive sales and support as well.
    sidhuk, bungaboy, jxnb and 3 others like this.
    07-24-14 11:59 AM
    digging ...

BlackBerry Offering BES 10 as Hosted Service | Sci-Tech Today
    ... a coffee per month/user ... BlackBerry user.
    For non-BlackBerry devices => take the moneyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy !

P.S: (according to the article).
    North America Partner.
    Hosted Exchange | Premium Exchange Hosting
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-tt.png
    07-24-14 12:07 PM
    BES (10) express ????
    _dimi_ likes this.
    07-24-14 12:11 PM
    Official : " Hosted BES is BES10 hosted by our partners. BES in the Cloud is hosted by us. "

So seems we'll have now 3 options : On premise (self hosted), Hosted and in the Cloud. That's a great panel of options (note : remember those can be mixed too !)
    Corbu, sidhuk, rarsen and 11 others like this.
    07-24-14 12:28 PM
    Meanwhile, in Australia:

But Blackberry's message is: �if there wasn�t a business for BlackBerry in the devices market, we wouldn�t be in it,� Australian managing director, Matt Ball, said. It will continue to make devices, whether these be standard-looking smartphones, or the screen-and-keyboard hybrid that is the soon-to-be-launched BlackBerry Passport.

According to Ball, BlackBerry Australia�s devices business has experienced growth in recent quarters. He claims the company tripled its local market share in the first calendar quarter of the year, and doubled it again last quarter.
    BlackBerry won’t give up on devices, but enterprise remains top priority - ARN
    07-24-14 12:49 PM
    Meanwhile, in Australia:
    “The businesses we work with contact us about our enterprise mobility play; we won’t push standalone devices.”
    Solid.

“BlackBerry underwent a transition into establishing four distinct yet interoperable business units: devices, enterprise mobile device management [MDM], unified communications [UC], and an Internet of Things [IoT] play,” Ball said.
    What is that ? Never heard in a BlackBerry official mouth (BB10 times), AFAIK ...
    W Hoa, Mr BBRY, bungaboy and 4 others like this.
    07-24-14 12:55 PM
    I still have no idea what BES 10 Hosted is, anyone care to break it down in simple terms?

By the way, I'm currently posting from the Z3. This thing is a solid for the price it's set at. I love the flat, form factor.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 01:01 PM
    Who thinks the increase BlackBerry SP is due to the announced IBM partnership for BES Hosting?

Tim Smith from my Z10 on Rogers
    07-24-14 01:02 PM
    "CEO Chen jokingly said the partnership between Apple and IBM is like when “two elephants start dancing.” He expressed doubt that the partnership would work because both behemoths are used to being the one in charge."

BlackBerry Seeks Partner In Battle With Apple, IBM
    07-24-14 01:16 PM
    WTF? Dare to speak against you know?
    Apple could be ‘obsolete’ in 3 years: Analyst
    Apple could be �€˜obsolete�€™ in 3 years: Analyst

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000294184
    07-24-14 01:18 PM
    I still have no idea what BES 10 Hosted is, anyone care to break it down in simple terms?
    It's BlackBerry partners hosting a BES10 platform for (small) companies/organizations that can't afford / don't want a dedicated (on premise) infrastructure. "Software (and infrastructure) As A Service" if you prefer.

Who thinks the increase BlackBerry SP is due to the announced IBM partnership for BES Hosting?
    I think it's more about a wider partnership rumor, but it may add to the positive sentiment here !
    I'd love to learn that IBM is challenging their own MDM against BES in Europe ...
    bungaboy, sidhuk, Mr BBRY and 4 others like this.
    07-24-14 01:22 PM
    "CEO Chen jokingly said the partnership between Apple and IBM is like when �two elephants start dancing.� He expressed doubt that the partnership would work because both behemoths are used to being the one in charge."

BlackBerry Seeks Partner In Battle With Apple, IBM
    I personally don't like how many are reporting that interview as BlackBerry trying to look for a partner just like Apple did. We all know BlackBerry was flirting was IBM and many others for some time now, even through press releases and such.

It's like no one other than Apple thought to partner up and now BlackBerry is trying to do so, because Apple did, it just makes BlackBerry look desperate.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 01:22 PM
    I personally don't like how many are reporting that interview as BlackBerry trying to look for a partner just like Apple did. We all know BlackBerry was flirting was IBM and many others for some time now, even through press releases and such.

It's like no one other than Apple thought to partner up and now BlackBerry is trying to do so, because Apple did, it just makes BlackBerry look desperate.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with you.
    However, what ever keeps the sp green and as a result keeps this place T Free.
    07-24-14 01:26 PM
113,256 ... 27512752275327542755 ...