• Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Every year, at least once a year.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-take1.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-take2.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-take3.jpg
    Corbu, sidhuk, Mr BBRY and 6 others like this.
    07-24-14 09:22 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	take1.JPG 
Views:	1210 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	286711

Name:	take2.JPG 
Views:	1212 
Size:	16.1 KB 
ID:	286712

Name:	take3.JPG 
Views:	1211 
Size:	17.9 KB 
ID:	286713
    Clearly the market doesnt believe it after all the other times it was used to boost the sp lol
    07-24-14 09:27 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png

relax
    bungaboy, sidhuk and zyben like this.
    07-24-14 09:29 AM
    http://berryflow.com/2014/07/ibm-wil...across-europe/
    Too bad no SP spike for IBM BlackBerry partnership? LoL
    Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    rarsen, jxnb, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    07-24-14 09:39 AM
    Clearly the market doesnt believe it after all the other times it was used to boost the sp lol
    Their is a cautionary tale here for sure but, the market being the market, all those predictable events such as the '10:30 drop' or the 'low volume with the one or two percent a day dips' or the 'pinned at $10' are all true right up to the moment they're not. And then all hell breaks loose.
    07-24-14 09:40 AM
    BlackBerry CEO says in enterprise partnership talks, FT reports
    07-24-14 09:45 AM
    BlackBerry CEO says in enterprise partnership talks, FT reports
    Source?
    La Emperor likes this.
    07-24-14 09:47 AM
    erry CEO says in enterprise partnership talks, FT reports
    After Apple (AAPL) and IBM (IBM) recently announced an enterprise partnership, BlackBerry (BBRY) CEO John Chen told Financial Times that his company is in early talks with companies about working together in parts of the enterprise market, though he declined to comment on who the discussions have been with. Reference Link

Stock Market & Financial Investment News: Educated Investors Get Live Stock Market News Feeds & Alerts at The Fly On the Wall
    07-24-14 09:50 AM
    OT: Security related

ECB says money demanded after website hacked

The European Central Bank said on Thursday its website had been hacked and some e-mail addresses and other contact information stolen but insisted no market-sensitive data were affected.

The theft came to light after the central bank received an anonymous e-mail on Monday night demanding money in exchange for the stolen addresses.

The hackers broke into a database storing details of people who had registered for ECB conferences, visits and other events, the bank said.

That database, which held about 20,000 e-mail addresses and a much smaller number postal addresses and phone numbers, was kept physically separate from internal systems, it added.

“No internal systems or market sensitive data were compromised,” the ECB said in a statement.

The ECB is currently running a particularly sensitive review of the euro zone’s top lenders, collecting streams of data to gauge whether banks have valued loans and other assets correctly, before it starts supervising them.

German police were investigating the breach and all people who might have had their details stolen had been contacted, said the bank.

ECB says money demanded after website hacked - The Globe and Mail
    sidhuk, Mr BBRY, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    07-24-14 09:54 AM
    After Apple (AAPL) and IBM (IBM) recently announced an enterprise partnership, BlackBerry (BBRY) CEO John Chen told Financial Times that his company is in early talks with companies about working together in parts of the enterprise market, though he declined to comment on who the discussions have been with. Reference Link

Stock Market & Financial Investment News: Educated Investors Get Live Stock Market News Feeds & Alerts at The Fly On the Wall
    This is just a fart in the wind at this point. We all knew that blackberry would be looking to partner with another company in the enterprise market. Just have to wait and see if there is a partnership and with who and what does the partnership mean
    07-24-14 09:55 AM

Name:	take1.JPG 
Views:	1210 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	286711

Name:	take2.JPG 
Views:	1212 
Size:	16.1 KB 
ID:	286712

Name:	take3.JPG 
Views:	1211 
Size:	17.9 KB 
ID:	286713
    Ha, I love this.
    07-24-14 09:57 AM
    Ever quotable Mr Chen:

Mr Chen said that the partnership between Apple and IBM was both good and bad news for BlackBerry. He likened the tie-up to when �two elephants start dancing�, adding that it would be interesting to see how they worked together given both companies �are used to taking charge�.

�The IBM-Apple tie-up validates what is a huge market,� he said. �[But] the bad news is that you are waking up two giants. It�s competition but it�s good competition and we are going to be more nimble. You don�t want to be a strong guy in a market that is not growing.�
    BlackBerry looks to partnerships to compete with Apple and IBM venture - FT.com
    Mr BBRY, bungaboy, jxnb and 6 others like this.

IMO BlackBerry already have partners including IBM in the enterprise sector.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    bungaboy and zyben like this.
    Wow, the market is so irrational. Not that I'm complaining, but come on!

"Somebody somewhere might have said that BlackBerry might be continuing to do business"

...up 4%
    georg4BB and sidhuk like this.
    07-24-14 10:13 AM
    Wow, the market is so irrational. Not that I'm complaining, but come on!

"Somebody somewhere might have said that BlackBerry might be continuing to do business"

...up 4%
    well we dropped like 15 percent on the apple ibm news lol
    07-24-14 10:14 AM
    BlackBerry stakes out business customer - FT.com

John Chen was grounded by a typhoon in Hong Kong but he laughs when asked whether BlackBerry is facing similar storms.

�It�s still 80:20,� BlackBerry�s chief executive says about his chances of turning around the smartphone company. (In March he rated his chances at just 50:50) �I am actually feeling better than that now but I never use 100:0 as that would jinx us. But we are definitely out of danger.�

Mr Chen laughs a lot. You would imagine it helps to do so, given the tumultuous time when he joined the Canadian technology group as chief executive.

It was last autumn and the company had just failed to sell itself. From an icon feted by rap stars, lawyers and US presidents, BlackBerry had become the company that appointed singer Alicia Keys � an avid iPhone user � as its creative director.

BlackBerry was left searching for a future as share of the global smartphone market fell from about 50 per cent to 3 per cent over four years. Its share price similarly collapsed from a peak of $230 to rest at just $6 when Mr Chen joined.

In the year since, he has set out a clear turnround strategy, appointed a new management team, and signed partnerships with Amazon and Foxconn.

In spite of Mr Chen�s cautiousness, his efforts seems to be bearing fruit. Shares in the group were up 50 per cent on the year last month � making it one of the best performers in its sector � as the company returned to a quarterly profit and slowed a heavy cash burn.

�The panic has gone. We are going to be a viable company and the question now is how great we are going to be. That one I will need some time to answer.�

He expects it would take six quarters to turn around the company, and then maybe five years before the wider strategy can be deemed a success.

Still, a glance around a crowded underground train station at Bank in the heart of the business district in London hammers home an unavoidable truth about BlackBerry � that few now use the financier�s once cherished �little helper�.

Likewise, the 02 shop in the City of London carries a large range of phones but only a single BlackBerry. The neighbouring retail stores such as EE and Vodafone have none at all.

BlackBerry is performing the sort of disappearing act from the consumer market that has many analysts writing down its chances. �The handset business is dead,� according to Pierre Ferragu, analyst at Bernstein. �It will never have scale to compete again.�

Ken Dulaney, analyst at Gartner, says hardware sales to consumers will �make or break� the company. The numbers show that consumers have already moved to rivals, leaving those buying BlackBerry only as a �protest vote�.

BlackBerry�s cost cutting and outsourcing the manufacturing of its phones to Foxconn were measures that merely saved it from collapse, he adds.

But Mr Chen is not worried, not least because he is placing his bets on the enterprise market. He wants to sell 10m handsets a year � a fraction of today�s market leader such as Samsung (445m in 2013) or Apple (150m in 2013) � but adds that the phone sales, mostly to business customers, will make money.

�For the company to return to financial stability to grow again, it has to be on the back of [the] enterprise [market],� he says. �I choose not to fight all of the wars at the same time. But by no means am I giving up on consumers. One day you will see us coming back.�

This intent � a return to BlackBerry�s roots as a company renowned for making reliable and secure work devices � is apparent in BlackBerry�s forthcoming device, called the Passport.

Mr Chen is in Hong Kong to finalise the manufacturing of the defiantly square phone, a shape unproven with consumers but designed to be ideal for spreadsheets.

This, along with a �Classic� BlackBerry expected in the autumn, will play to its roots in producing functional, keyboard carrying devices supported by secure software.

BlackBerry will be a platform for the �regulated industries� of finance, government and healthcare, Mr Chen says, which all need security provided by its BBM messaging and enterprise servers.

For example, BlackBerry has already agreed a deal with a healthcare company that will use the Passport as a clinical management system.

�What we are doing is focusing on security and privacy, which is where all the things are connected. Every IT device � no matter what operating system � we want to talk to and connect securely.

�That�s the long term, it may take five years but in the next year or two, we will be generating money, and investing in security management and becoming tighter with the regulated industry.�

Despite Mr Chen�s optimism, investors and analysts still talk about the company in terms of its constituent parts. Gartner�s Mr Dulaney says it makes sense for BlackBerry to be broken up and sold. He says divisions such as BBM, the QNX internet of things platform, and its network operations centre could have value but are hampered under the funding model of the struggling parent.

Mr Chen rejects such suggestions, saying job cuts and sales of assets are over. In fact he says BlackBerry will start recruiting again, while future devices are on the drawing board. If the Passport and Classic are successful, Mr Chen indicates, future versions will be considered. Mr Chen would also like a tablet.

�I am going to listen to the market,� he says, finally making his way to the much delayed flight from Hong Kong, noting, in passing, that many in the airport lounge are still tapping away at his company�s phones. �The only problem is that they are using the old BlackBerrys,� he admits ruefully.
    bungaboy, Mr BBRY, rarsen and 10 others like this.
    07-24-14 10:19 AM
    Short interest out today , coincidence? hmmmm
    07-24-14 10:22 AM
    This is just a fart in the wind at this point. We all knew that blackberry would be looking to partner with another company in the enterprise market. Just have to wait and see if there is a partnership and with who and what does the partnership mean
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-tumblr_mh2remsvhi1s410g9o1_500.gif

SF to the street
    : do you copy ?
    07-24-14 10:23 AM
    well we dropped like 15 percent on the apple ibm news lol
    Lol, yeah. And now Berryflow reporting that IBM will host BES. So, did BlackBerry just transversely partner with Apple?
    sidhuk, Mr BBRY and smart548 like this.
    07-24-14 10:30 AM
    If you don't mind, crackerdoodle and W. Hoa, I'll quote the FT article in extenso here, for future reference. Thanks!

BlackBerry is in talks with rival technology groups about partnerships to compete with the newly forged alliance between Apple and IBM.

John Chen, chief executive, said the Canadian technology group was in early discussions with companies about working together in parts of the enterprise market. He declined to comment on which companies were in discussions.

Shares in BlackBerry fell almost five per cent last week after IBM said it would work with Apple to sell iPhones and iPads loaded with applications for business users. The tie-up was seen by analysts as a direct challenge for customers that use BlackBerry’s enterprise services.

Chief executive John Chen tells the FT the smartphone maker is out of danger and he is preparing to reclaim the business market

IBM is planning more than 100 apps targeting industries such as retail, healthcare, banking, travel, transportation and telecommunications, with a focus on security and mobile device management.

Mr Chen has also focused BlackBerry on driving enterprise sales in similar areas since joining as chief executive last year, using its market leading security software combined with devices, servers and messaging services.

Mr Chen said that the partnership between Apple and IBM was both good and bad news for BlackBerry. He likened the tie-up to when “two elephants start dancing”, adding that it would be interesting to see how they worked together given both companies “are used to taking charge”.

“The IBM-Apple tie-up validates what is a huge market,” he said. “[But] the bad news is that you are waking up two giants. It’s competition but it’s good competition and we are going to be more nimble. You don’t want to be a strong guy in a market that is not growing.”

Mr Chen said that BlackBerry was in talks about its own partnerships. “I am working on some, and maybe we will collaborate with others. If I focus on security and identity management then we will be a good solid partner in this enterprise world.

“I am not afraid of competing when I know I am more nimble. I never think [that] going alone is the right strategy. But we have a value add that no one else can do.”

Mr Chen said that BlackBerry was out of danger having almost completed its restructuring. BlackBerry will focus on enterprise customers rather than the consumer business for now, said Mr Chen.

Consumer sales of BlackBerry phones for have fallen, with less than 2 per cent market share in many Western markets, according to Kantar, the research group.

Mr Chen said that even forthcoming handsets such as the square-shaped Passport – which is expected to be released in September – were geared towards being used by enterprise customers in core “regulated industries” such as financial services and healthcare.
    Mr BBRY, sidhuk, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    07-24-14 10:34 AM
    Lol, yeah. And now Berryflow reporting that IBM will host BES. So, did BlackBerry just transversely partner with Apple?
    Remember my white branding theory ?
    All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.
    ZayDub, bspence87, Mr BBRY and 7 others like this.
    07-24-14 10:35 AM
    If you don't mind, crackerdoodle and W. Hoa, I'll quote the FT article in extenso here, for future reference. Thanks!
    Thanks
    (as) Soon As Possible ?
    bspence87, georg4BB, jxnb and 6 others like this.
    07-24-14 10:38 AM

SF to the street
    : do you copy ?
    well, may be lol

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    Mr BBRY, sidhuk, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    07-24-14 10:43 AM
    Ken Dulaney, analyst at Gartner, says hardware sales to consumers will “make or break” the company. The numbers show that consumers have already moved to rivals, leaving those buying BlackBerry only as a “protest vote”.
    So, according to some, being concerned by one's security and privacy, not wanting to readily feed one's information to Google or anyone else, not digging large plastic gimmicky things, not wanting a Girly Phone, enjoying a powerful OS, backing a Canadian company makes us a "protest vote".

As narrow-minded and ill-informed this opinion might be, it won't change my mind and I'll be happy to '"protest vote" as long as I can.

Too bad more people don't feel like protesting, these days... Some, in Europe, notably, seem to be wising up these days.

Gartner... What a shame!
    07-24-14 10:51 AM
    Love the GIF, SF. Thanks!
    07-24-14 10:56 AM
113,250 ... 27502751275227532754 ...