View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Wow. What is. Next android story? Oh yeah!! Google services

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    My dog can beat your dog!
    07-23-14 05:50 PM
    Slightly OT:

Ok, I am not sure this will be of interest to all but, for the sake of reference, I have extracted from yesterday's Apple Earnings Conference Call all the parts that have to do with either "Enterprise" or "IBM". Rather long but I hope you'll find it worthwhile. ("TC" stands for "Tim Cook").

Cheers!

[..]

TC - We’ve created a new tool for developers called HealthKit, which allows health and fitness apps work to together and empowers customers to choose what health data they share. We're taking the first steps in this area in collaboration with the Mayo clinic, whose new apps can automatically receive data from a blood pressure app, for example and share it with a physician, or a nutrition app can inform fitness apps how many calories are being consumed each day. Our ARM health app will provide an easy to read dashboard of all health and fitness data.

We're enabling new ways to control light and doors and thermostats and other connected devices around the house using Siri with the HomeKit feature of iOS 8. And in the Enterprise, we are including new security, productivity and device management features in iOS 8. We forged a relationship with IBM to deliver a new class of mobile business solutions to enterprise customers around the world. We are working together to provide companies access to the power of Big Data analytics, right on every employee's iPhone or iPad. Using Swift, we will collaborate to bring over 100 Mobile First apps to enterprise clients, each addressing a specific industry need or opportunity.

This is a radical step for Enterprise and opens up a large market opportunity for Apple but more importantly, it’s great for productivity and creativity of our enterprise customers. From the pocket to the car, to the workplace, home and gym, we have a very large vision of what iOS can be and we're incredibly excited about our plans.

[…]

Another recent study by Custora found that iPad accounts for 80% of all U.S. tablet based e-commerce purchases. We're very bullish about the future of the tablet market and we're confident that we can continue to bring significant innovation to this category through hardware, software and services. We think our partnership with IBM, providing a new generation of mobile enterprise applications, designed with iPad’s legendary ease of use and backed by IBM’s cloud services and data analytics will be one such catalyst for future iPad growth.

[…]

Bill Shope - Goldman Sachs

With the pockets of market we just noted for tablets, could you give us some more detail on how you are thinking about the category longer term, and in particular in the context of your usage comments, how are you thinking about the competitive landscape now and how that may evolve? And then I guess, related to that, what do you think to be the next driver of renewed growth for the category?

TC - We also are in the -- virtually all Fortune 500 companies, we are in 99% of them to be exact and 93% of the Global 500. However, when we dig into the business market deeper, though our market share in the U.S., in the commercial sector is good at 76% -- this is according to IDC; the penetration in business is low. It’s only 20%. And to put that in some kind of context, if you looked at penetration of notebooks in business, it would be over 60%. And so we think that there is a substantial upside in business. And this was one of the thinkings behind the partnership with IBM that we announced last week. We think that the core thing that unleashes this is a better go to market, which IBM clearly brings to the table, but even more importantly apps that are written with Mobile First in mind. Not all but many of the enterprises apps that have been written for iPad have been essentially ports from a desktop arrangement and haven’t taken full advantage of mobile.

And so we're excited about bringing that to business along with partnering with IBM, which we think is a first class company. And seeing what that can do to sales of business, which I honestly believe the opportunity is huge. The market is still predicted in 2018 -- I think these are Gartner numbers -- to be about 350 million in size and put that in some context, I think the PC market right now is about 315 million.

[…]

Ben Reitzes - Barclays

Thanks a lot. Tim, questions for you. I guess during the quarter you did two very big things in our opinion, obviously buying Beats, biggest acquisition in your history and you also did this IBM deal, which obviously was in this quarter, but since the last call, and that was very interesting, obviously really collaborating with another huge company to get further into the enterprise. And I was just wondering, what are you seeing in Apple that’s changing? These seem like big deals that change your direction a bit, something that you wouldn’t have done in the past. And do you see a lot more partnerships and larger acquisitions on the horizon to grow your TAM in various markets?

TC - Well, I think we have a lot of really great people and I think we have the capability. As I've said before, I think we have the capability to acquire a sizable company and manage it. And relative to IBM, I feel the same way. I think you can only do so many partnerships well, and so it is unusual that we enter into a partnership. But in this particular case, I think arguably the companies are so complementary, and I've gotten to know Gini fairly well over the last couple of years and I think we see the importance of the customer, a lot of the same way and both feel that Mobile and Enterprise is just an enormous opportunity. And we’re not competing with each other. And so I think a partnership in that case is particularly great. Would we do more of either of the things we did? We’re always looking in the acquisition space, but we don’t let our money burn a hole in our pocket and we don’t do things that aren’t strategic.

[…]

Ben Reitzes - Barclays

I am sorry, just really quick on the IBM. Does this say something about Apple doing more in Big Data, and taking a cut maybe of some of the analytics opportunities as well?

TC - Yes, we didn’t talk about how the business model is going to work. But generally speaking, I think that each of us have revenue streams in the enterprise and each of us went from having those revenue streams. So that’s how I look at that. And we win if we can drive that penetration number I spoke about from 20% to 60%. That would be incredibly exciting here. The walls would shake. And so that’s what I hope for.

[…]

Ben Schachter - Macquarie

Tim, I just wanted to talk about the app market for Enterprise. Right now I believe that app developers can sell to the enterprise directly and therefore that they can bypass sharing revenue from these app sales with Apple. Is Apple going to allow that to continue, and can you also just more broadly discuss how Apple thinks about the opportunity to sell apps directly to the enterprise?

TC - We have no plans to change the rules with Enterprise. Some enterprises like proprietary apps that they do not want to offer to others and so we obviously have a way for them to distribute those into their enterprise or just the employees that they want to and so I'm not worried about changing that. We’re also taking friction out of the system and not adding it. Again, the big thing for us is getting the penetration number, I think getting our product, iPhones and iPads and Macs in more people hands and we think there is a huge opportunity in Enterprise to do that.
    07-23-14 06:13 PM
    Slightly OT:

Ok, I am not sure this will be of interest to all but, for the sake of reference, I have extracted from yesterday's Apple Earnings Conference Call all the parts that have to do with either "Enterprise" or "IBM". Rather long but I hope you'll find it worthwhile. ("TC" stands for "Tim Cook").

Cheers!
    So. TC (Tim Cook) said . . .

sidhuk likes this.
    07-23-14 06:22 PM
    So. TC (Tim Cook) said . . .

Actually, what he really said was . . .

Shanerredflag and sidhuk like this.
    07-23-14 06:25 PM
    Short read (no...not that kind of short) which explains a bit of how and who will be selling/hosting BES10/12:
    http://www.opptrends.com/2014/07/bla...-via-partners/

Eazzy Peazzy
    07-23-14 07:48 PM
    For those interested:

http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/638153

The multicore score does not meet my expectations but I think it is mainly due to a 'not mature' 10.3...
    Interesting. It seems to do just a little worse than the s5. Although isn't this benchmark being run on top of the android compatibility layer? In other words as an android app on bb10?

If so then I would imagine the native scores to do better.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-14 08:05 PM
    07-23-14 10:01 PM
    http://n4bb.com/blackberry-sponsored-post-bbm/

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    Mr BBRY, bungaboy, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    07-24-14 12:09 AM
    Seems BGR is more and more back in the #teamBlackBerry, at least for some of their writters.
    Tells much either on the PR efforts and/or the overall changing perception (latest is my fav, of course).

BlackBerry Vs Android Vs iPhone: Workers want their BlackBerrys back | BGR

Why? It turns out there are a few reasons.
    For one thing, there are privacy concerns. When workers use their own iOS and Android devices, IT departments gain access to all of their private data in addition to any corporate apps that might be on the devices. It�s never a good thing when you have to hand over a smartphone packed full of naked selfies so that IT can fix an issue with email not syncing properly.
    Mr BBRY, bungaboy, rarsen and 6 others like this.
    07-24-14 05:17 AM
    Seems BGR is more and more back in the #teamBlackBerry, at least for some of their writters.
    Tells much either on the PR efforts and/or the overall changing perception (latest is my fav, of course).

BlackBerry Vs Android Vs iPhone: Workers want their BlackBerrys back | BGR
    I wish SF. I think they are just mocking us. CIO originally wrote this. BGR just reposted.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, georg4BB and sidhuk like this.
    07-24-14 06:16 AM
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security files:

Samsung shakes up workforce in challenging times | ZDNet
    Samsung announced it expects a profit of $7.1 billion for the second quarter, a decline of 24.5 percent year-on-year.

With many large players reducing or re-aligning workforces, an indication of re-allocation of market priorities...
    07-24-14 06:52 AM
    What is up with the conspirators who are supposed to be pinning the SP to $10?

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 07:36 AM

Posted via CB10
    What??

Eazzy Peazzy
    07-24-14 08:33 AM
    Best thing you've contributed in awhile

Eazzy Peazzy
    07-24-14 08:34 AM

Posted via CB10

Eazzy Peazzy
    07-24-14 08:41 AM
    Jeez can we not stop falling backwards? this is starting to annoy me.
    07-24-14 08:41 AM
    Interesting. It seems to do just a little worse than the s5. Although isn't this benchmark being run on top of the android compatibility layer? In other words as an android app on bb10?

If so then I would imagine the native scores to do better.

Posted via CB10

No, Geekbench is a native app.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 08:44 AM

Eazzy Peazzy
    You should be a DJ!

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 08:48 AM
    You should be a DJ!

Posted via CB10
    Recording engineer in previous life...got skills man.

Eazzy Peazzy
    bungaboy, sidhuk, jxnb and 2 others like this.
    07-24-14 08:55 AM
    With the BlackBerry Passport, the company formerly known as RIM, has clearly learned from previous releases and is fortifying a unique hardware experience with software and functionality it believes its customers really want.
    BlackBerry learns from experience
    07-24-14 08:57 AM
    BlackBerry Philippines is back with Z3 launch

https://ph.news.yahoo.com/blackberry...034538668.html
    07-24-14 09:00 AM
    samsung takover chatter
    07-24-14 09:06 AM

Posted via CB10
    About an hour after your post, the SP went right back to $10. Maybe the conspirators were waiting for your signal?
    07-24-14 09:07 AM
    samsung takover chatter
    ill vote yes on 25 a share lol
    07-24-14 09:12 AM
    I wish SF. I think they are just mocking us. CIO originally wrote this. BGR just reposted.

Posted via CB10
    The full report is an interesting read and it�s linked below in our source section.
    yes/no ... somehow ... kinda sorta

!!! MORE COWBELL !!!
    bungaboy, Mr BBRY, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    07-24-14 09:16 AM
113,256 ... 27492750275127522753 ...