View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Well then maybe Apple should just cancel the 5.5" model . . . . NOT!

You are singing to the BBRY choir and they are happy and clapping!
    I think apple will bring out the 4.7" screen first, (in
    September) and then release the 5.5" model later if they do have an issue with the new screen tech. Of course, they have enough cash to absorb the loss so who knows.

BB10 4 ME
    07-23-14 07:42 AM
    Maybe Germany can start the ball rolling by banning the iPhone :P

Posted via CB10
    As much of a joke that was if any country is going to ban the iphone it will be germany or china first
    georg4BB likes this.
    07-23-14 07:51 AM

Ladies and gents, BES10 HOSTED (formely known as BES in the cloud) is on its way !!!
    Hope this is going to be trumpeted to death ...

BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 Hosted makes it even easier to tie BES into your enterprise systems | CrackBerry.com

Edited 24/7/2014 : BES Hosted and BES in the Cloud are two distinct offers. The first is hosted by partners, the second by BlackBerry. Sorry for the misleading info.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 07-24-14 at 12:41 PM. Reason: BES hosted isn't BES in the cloud
    07-23-14 07:53 AM
    07-23-14 08:01 AM
    Not sure whe had it listed here ... sorry if dup.
    BlackBerry Fact Check Asks Good and MobileIron CEOs: Are You Sure? | Inside BlackBerry

I love this part (you guys know why :
    BlackBerry is partnering with AirWatch, Citrix, SAP and IBM to allow their MDM platforms to manage BlackBerry 10 devices.
    Lol ... sell like h377 IBM, like QNX "under the hoods", licences will add to the cash !
    bungaboy, sidhuk, Mr BBRY and 8 others like this.
    07-23-14 08:02 AM
    I guess the real question is, Can BES10 (or12) lock the backdoor of an iPhone or Android?
    If the answer is No, all high level meetings should begins with "please turn off all apple and android devices before we begin, blackberry users can leave them on."

BB10 4 ME
    bungaboy, sidhuk, Mr BBRY and 6 others like this.
    07-23-14 08:05 AM
    As much of a joke that was if any country is going to ban the iphone it will be germany or china first
    Maybe Russia also. I don't think they are on good terms at the moment

Posted via CB10
    07-23-14 08:10 AM
    Maybe Russia also. I don't think they are on good terms at the moment

Posted via CB10
    Putin is x-KGB. It's more likely he would ban BlackBerry for everyone outside his inner circle.

BB10 4 ME
    bungaboy, Corbu and sidhuk like this.
    07-23-14 08:13 AM
    Edit: Corbu posted already.

The BlackBerry Passport Is A Disruptive Technology Set To Transform America's Boardrooms

The BlackBerry Passport Is A Disruptive Technology Set To Transform America's Boardrooms - BlackBerry Ltd. (NASDAQ:BBRY) | Seeking Alpha
    Corbu, sidhuk, Mr BBRY and 4 others like this.
    07-23-14 08:22 AM
    OT general information for those BB investors interested in electrical vehicles technology.

Last week, Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) announced that its next electric offering — a competitively priced electric vehicle — will hit the market in 2017. Tesla's current Model S runs about $85,000. But with the new Gigafactory in place, the company will be able to sell you its next model — the Model III (200-mile-range) — for $35,000.

Now back to the regular scheduled programming.
    07-23-14 09:19 AM

Ladies and gents, BES10 HOSTED (formely known as BES in the cloud) is on its way !!!
    Hope this is going to be trumpeted to death ...

BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 Hosted makes it even easier to tie BES into your enterprise systems | CrackBerry.com
    Is BlackBerry too small,or is it not financially feasible, to host this themselves? Why host via 3rd party providers?
    07-23-14 09:19 AM
    This news is all over the Web. However, it is hard for many people to give blackberry a credit where credit is due, For their security because, it is a fashion to like apple and bash blackberry.
    When people are convinced about something, they will just get narrow minded cause majority is doing it.
    It is like "Bad Painter", painting over and over to hide bad drywall taping.
    Or hating Obama cause he uses blackberry not iPhone.
    Lol
    Can't believe people even hate giving education to a child because their parents are illegal immigrants, not understanding that child has no control over his domicile.
    In the end, is it just a phone? No it is not just a phone anymore when it comes to invasion of privacy. These companies should be prosecuted and Europe has started to do this. It is a matter of time before privacy and security would be high priority. Both of the major mobile operating systems are lacking when it comes down to security and privacy. in fact, Google's main source of income is invading other people's privacy.
    IMO, just a matter of time, before Bad painter would have to fix the drywall first.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    Yabut . . . some people just don't get it!
    07-23-14 09:21 AM
    Is BlackBerry too small,or is it not financially feasible, to host this themselves? Why host via 3rd party providers?
    Cheaper solution for smaller companies , not as secure but cheaper
    07-23-14 09:22 AM
    OT: Security related.

Stealthy new online tracking software puts your privacy at risk

Stealthy new online tracking software puts your privacy at risk - The Globe and Mail
    07-23-14 09:23 AM
    I do wish we could hit the next level on our stock prices and stick there for a while, It was nice only being 15% negative on the stock for a while. BUT, I will be happy to move slowly up and sideways rather than dip negative again lol. I will say that Ive gotten 3 people in my office to go pick up a Q10 or Z30 over the last week and they all came back chirping about how smooth it is and how much they want to get one when they can upgrade.

In other unrelated news My Citi Stock is up again Still have about 30$ a share to get back but hell its a start
    07-23-14 09:25 AM
    Wow! THANKS for sharing the link to my article
    Join the debate and drop me a line if you think there's something I should cover in a future

Cheers!
    Linda/ Transcend Asset
    sidhuk, Mr BBRY, bungaboy and 12 others like this.
    07-23-14 09:31 AM
    Yabut . . . some people just don't get it!
    It would have never happened without the the help of good knowledgeable friends like you who contribute to CB on this $BBRY thread. Thanks for your R&D friends.

Mr BBRY, bungaboy, rarsen and 5 others like this.
    07-23-14 09:31 AM
    Wow! THANKS for sharing the link to my article
    Join the debate and drop me a line if you think there's something I should cover in a future

Cheers!
    Linda/ Transcend Asset
    Lol, you already have our most "beloved" residence sending you private notes which you called out on SA previously.
    I personally like your well researched articles except one, where you may have rushed it out rightfully. Our in house experts also called the stock over bought and I can justify the rush, plus a justifiable kick at BlackBerry's **** to release the official statement properly.
    Good work Linda. Really appreciated.

bungaboy, zyben, rarsen and 5 others like this.
    07-23-14 09:43 AM
    My short answer will be another question : who are these 3rd party providers ?
    Then I'd be tempted to point at carriers ... see it like a "extended BIS for small/medium enterprises, SOHO, independents (remember the "prosumers") with security".
    But also to ISPs ... see it as "yes we host your emails, and deliver them and more, securely on your mobile, thanks to BlackBerry".

Either ways, we could see some side-effect marketing ...
    Damm, these guys are good at the business.

Edit : many answers here, I guess : http://us.blackberry.com/business/pr...10/hosted.html

re-edit : no carrier listed ... yet ?

re-re-edit : When I see this :
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png

I just start dancing.
    Why ?
    Because I believe J.C is setting up a "white brand" strategy, exactly like QNX does in the automotive segment. The point is they're (BB) behind the scene but actually don't get advertised. Each customer can grab recognition and market it as "their" solution.
    Oh, gang, there's a genius in the place.

Last but not least ...
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 07-23-14 at 10:01 AM.
    bungaboy, zyben, rarsen and 12 others like this.
    07-23-14 09:46 AM
    BlackBerry Security Summit to Cover Hacker Attacks, Breaches, Malware | Inside BlackBerry
    BlackBerry Security Summit: Providing Assurance in an Insecure Era
    By John Chen

BlackBerry will be holding a Security Summit next Tuesday July 29 in New York City starting at 8 am Eastern Time. I will be giving the keynote speech, talking about how we are executing today to help our tens of thousands of customers deal with today’s mobile security risks. Things you’ll hear about include:

- All of the R&D and patent work we are investing in today, and how that translates to our coming BES12 update to our flagship enterprise mobility management platform;
    - A key new feature to our secure communications platform, BBM Protected;
    - Other updates to our solution roadmap.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2014-07-16-4.59.36-pm.png
    07-23-14 10:09 AM
    Then I'd be tempted to point at carriers ...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	1142 
Size:	256.5 KB 
ID:	286588

I just start dancing.
    Why ?
    Because I believe J.C is setting up a "white brand" strategy, exactly like QNX does in the automotive segment. The point is they're (BB) behind the scene but actually don't get advertised. Each customer can grab recognition and market it as "their" solution.

Last but not least ...

Views:	1139 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	286589
    WOW! Powerful statements, SF! Thank you!

There has been some excellent content in here lately. Glad to see this thread alive and well! Keep up the great work, gang!

PS - I think I only have one "thanks" left on the day, so I'll be sure to use it wisely!
    sidhuk, zyben, morganplus8 and 5 others like this.
    07-23-14 10:13 AM
    Then I'd be tempted to point at carriers ... see it like a "extended BIS for small/medium enterprises, SOHO, independents (remember the "prosumers") with security".
    But also to ISPs ... see it as "yes we host your emails, and deliver them and more, securely on your mobile, thanks to BlackBerry".

Either ways, we could see some side-effect marketing ...
    Damm, these guys are good at the business.

Edit : many answers here, I guess : Hosted - US

re-edit : no carrier listed ... yet ?

Views:	1142 
Size:	256.5 KB 
ID:	286588

I just start dancing.
    Why ?

Last but not least ...

Views:	1139 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	286589
    Check their EMEA partners ( Europe, Middle East, Africa )...

IBM is on the list.....should the sp move....nahhh....it's not the other fruit so maybe not...but who knows...
    07-23-14 10:22 AM
    In an industry where name brand means a lot how does going "white label" help BlackBerry? I could be wrong but don't the "giants" in an industry establish "brand name" and keep most of the profits, while the smaller companies go "white label" and share their smaller profit with bigger companies, that get the glory (in terms of consumer/end user recognition)?

This almost ties into something that's been bugging me about that GM app store / development program that GM announced several months ago. Seemed GM was marketing a development platform that was really QNX's. I read the GM announcement as BlackBerry "white labeling" their platform.

Sorry. Hope this made sense somehow. I guess I'm trying to ask if it helps BlackBerry in the long run if they go white label rather than go brand name. Just seems like they are choosing to go small and stay small, whether it is by circumstance or choice.
    Corbu, sidhuk, morganplus8 and 3 others like this.
    07-23-14 10:24 AM
    In an industry where name brand means a lot how does going "white label" help BlackBerry? I could be wrong but don't the "giants" in an industry establish "brand name" and keep most of the profits, while the smaller companies go "white label" and share their smaller profit with bigger companies, that get the glory (in terms of consumer/end user recognition)?

This almost ties into something that's been bugging me about that GM app store / development program that GM announced several months ago. Seemed GM was marketing a development platform that was really QNX's. I read the GM announcement as BlackBerry "white labeling" their platform.

Sorry. Hope this made sense somehow. I guess I'm trying to ask if it helps BlackBerry in the long run if they go white label rather than go brand name. Just seems like they are choosing to go small and stay small, whether it is by circumstance or choice.
    I am sorry but I will just take the example of apple. Almost Everything that apple Is making money on, blackberry can also sell under their brand name. The rest of the things like qnx, they can have white label and have others promote for them.

07-23-14 10:32 AM
    Putin is x-KGB. It's more likely he would ban BlackBerry for everyone outside his inner circle.

BB10 4 ME
    But keeps his iPhone on so the NSA can listen in...hahaha

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    Last edited by bigbadben10; 07-23-14 at 11:47 AM.
    sidhuk, zyben and bungaboy like this.
    07-23-14 10:40 AM
113,256 ... 27472748274927502751 ...