1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    This is worthwhile...some groovey tunage too SF:

Eazzy Peazzy
    07-22-14 06:05 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-mockit_22072014050952.jpg

Image "borrowed" from Twitter...I mocked it.

Eazzy Peazzy
    07-22-14 06:10 AM
    Here's a quick chart of BBRY for you:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-july-20-2014.png

Not much has changed in the chart pattern, we had been trading within two major sideways channels for many months now, we broke out of that pattern only to drop back into the $ 9.00 to $ 10.90/shr area. We seem to be treating the $ 9.80/shr level the same way we did the $ 7.18/shr level, i.e., building a base. The good news is that the RSI=49 means the over-bought issue is long gone from the short list of problems. We did this correction on the back of two bloated companies getting together to take on Enterprise. I think they have less than a 5% chance of being successful with any project they take on together. Think about how far ahead BB is and how bloated AAPL and IBM are, to think that a 100 or so business apps, which will take forever in Tech terms to produce, will make a difference, is crazy talk. The real gains will be in security and AAPL doesn't have that word in their vocabulary.

Sorry about that! I'm here to talk about TA, so now I feel we still need to create our first sustainable uptrend line. We haven't had a solid trend-line for this stock in over a year and a half. It would have to follow the 50-dma at the very least so I would think we'll bide our time until we move sideways and hit that line. The Fall is where all things should line up in our favour. GL

PS. Thanks for all of the Morgan car O.T! I bought my first Morgan when I was 19 yrs. old. stuck it is a barn and went onto finish my degree. After I graduated I restored that car (It was my 9th British sports car, I sold an 1966 Series 1 1/2 E-Type Jaguar convertible to pay for school, stupid, stupid, stupid). My science teacher owned a Plus 4 Morgan when I started High School, by then I owned an Austin Healey 3000 Mark III BJ8, that again, needed a full restoration. Of all the cars I have ever owned the Morgan still gives me the most thrill for the money. I have sold my red Plus 4 to a guy in Bucharest, Romania who is in the movie business. He ships it to all of the sites they are making movies at in Europe and drives it as his fun car.
    cjcampbell, sidhuk, Corbu and 22 others like this.
    07-22-14 07:16 AM
    Who wants to put money on that the holders of the debt have been converting there share that's why we are stuck at 10
    CDM76 likes this.
    07-22-14 09:09 AM
    Who wants to put money on that the holders of the debt have been converting there share that's why we are stuck at 10
    I don't know about that... AAPL releases earnings today after close. maybe the big money is waiting to see if AAPL exceeds expectations, and then they'll move their money accordingly.

BB10 4 ME
    07-22-14 09:17 AM
    I don't know about that... AAPL releases earnings today after close. maybe the big money is waiting to see if AAPL exceeds expectations, and then they'll move their money accordingly.

BB10 4 ME
    I don't know about that, what does that have to do with debt being converted in to shares? nothing?
    07-22-14 09:22 AM
    I was thinking about the big boys looking to do the paired trade (short one and long the other). The market seams to be waiting for AAPL earnings. They were flat yesterday and looking flat this morning too.

BB10 4 ME
    07-22-14 09:28 AM
    I was thinking about the big boys looking to do the paired trade (short one and long the other). The market seams to be waiting for AAPL earnings. They were flat yesterday and looking flat this morning too.

BB10 4 ME
    I dont think the success of apple means the failure of blackberry or vice versa any more so i dont think there will be likely any big money in a paired trade anymore. Sure apple says they are going to break into the enterprise but it hasn't happened and blackberry is hardly on the consumer radar so were exactly are these 2 companies competing atm
    georg4BB likes this.
    07-22-14 09:35 AM
    Some more OT from the Related Technology and Security files, where most people are not aware:

Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher - Gadgets and Tech - Life and Style - The Independent

“There is no way to disable these mechanisms.” The allegations could be especially damaging for Apple in China, where the national broadcaster CCTV recently suggested that the iPhone’s ‘Frequent Locations’ feature was a threat to national security.

http://arstechnica.com/security/2014...a-expert-says/
    Last edited by rarsen; 07-22-14 at 10:32 AM.
    Corbu, sidhuk, bungaboy and 12 others like this.
    07-22-14 10:20 AM
    Some more OT from the Related Technology and Security files, where most people are not ware:
    Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher - Gadgets and Tech - Life and Style - The Independent

“There is no way to disable these mechanisms.” The allegations could be especially damaging for Apple in China, where the national broadcaster CCTV recently suggested that the iPhone’s ‘Frequent Locations’ feature was a threat to national security.
    I think if this proves to be true that it will damage apple everywhere but the US
    georg4BB, sidhuk, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    07-22-14 10:25 AM
    Think back to 2007, when RIM was flying high and AAPL had the iPhone coming. "Everybody" still had BlackBerry phones and nothing would change...
    Then the unthinkable happened. The iPhone was easy to use, it just worked, it became the "it" item. Everybody loved their iPods and the iPhone was the iPod with connectivity. BBOS was slow and clunky. An OS being asked to do way more then it was designed for.

Now fast forward 7 years. AAPL has been adding tweaks to their phones, asking more and more of an OS that is getting older and older. They are on top of mountain (in the US), "everybody" has an iPhone, and everything is connected.

Now we're starting to hear grumblings about security and privacy. The consumers are starting to realize that they jumped in before checking the water level in the pool.

The market is not rational, the big money knows that security is coming back to the forefront.

So, if I was "big money " I'd be waiting to see a chink on the AAPL armor. And I'd short AAPL and put the money into the next big thing.

BlackBerry and AAPL don't compete directly. But AAPL has maxxed out the consumer side and needs enterprise to grow (or a tv or a watch or a new gizmo to sell to the consumers). Since Steve is not there to continue expanding the AAPL universe, Tim went to his old coworkers at IBM and said "Here's an idea"...

No, I think we are seeing the beginning of another seismic shift in the connected world. Web3.0 if you will. If I held debt in BlackBerry I'd be holding it for a better return if I could. Maybe they have to sell to Rebalance a spreadsheet but they are making money on interest and it sure does look like Chen will pull off the turnaround.

And let's not forget that RIM was once a hundred dollar stock. At 10$ there are still a ton of people who got burned badly (business reporters, etc.) and they still have a lot of anger of that lose. Those same people also invested in apple on the way up and are happy to praise Tim while the stock is up (just like they used to do with RIM in the mid 2000s).

When the big boys see the chink in the armor, AAPL will begin the hike down the mountain. A steady walk or falling off a cliff depends on big news about security breaches.

But hey, what do I know, I'm an irrational being (just like the stock market).

BB10 4 ME
    Corbu, bungaboy, smart548 and 8 others like this.
    07-22-14 10:31 AM
    Think back to 2007, when RIM was flying high and AAPL had the iPhone coming. "Everybody" still had BlackBerry phones and nothing would change...
    Then the unthinkable happened. The iPhone was easy to use, it just worked, it became the "it" item. Everybody loved their iPods and the iPhone was the iPod with connectivity. BBOS was slow and clunky. An OS being asked to do way more then it was designed for.

Now fast forward 7 years. AAPL has been adding tweaks to their phones, asking more and more of an OS that is getting older and older. They are on top of mountain (in the US), "everybody" has an iPhone, and everything is connected.

Now we're starting to hear grumblings about security and privacy. The consumers are starting to realize that they jumped in before checking the water level in the pool.

The market is not rational, the big money knows that security is coming back to the forefront.

So, if I was "big money " I'd be waiting to see a chink on the AAPL armor. And I'd short AAPL and put the money into the next big thing.

BlackBerry and AAPL don't compete directly. But AAPL has maxxed out the consumer side and needs enterprise to grow (or a tv or a watch or a new gizmo to sell to the consumers). Since Steve is not there to continue expanding the AAPL universe, Tim went to his old coworkers at IBM and said "Here's an idea"...

No, I think we are seeing the beginning of another seismic shift in the connected world. Web3.0 if you will. If I held debt in BlackBerry I'd be holding it for a better return if I could. Maybe they have to sell to Rebalance a spreadsheet but they are making money on interest and it sure does look like Chen will pull off the turnaround.

And let's not forget that RIM was once a hundred dollar stock. At 10$ there are still a ton of people who got burned badly (business reporters, etc.) and they still have a lot of anger of that lose. Those same people also invested in apple on the way up and are happy to praise Tim while the stock is up (just like they used to do with RIM in the mid 2000s).

When the big boys see the chink in the armor, AAPL will begin the hike down the mountain. A steady walk or falling off a cliff depends on big news about security breaches.

But hey, what do I know, I'm an irrational being (just like the stock market).

BB10 4 ME
    I honestly think this was/is a significant issue.
    07-22-14 10:55 AM
    has short interest been released yet?
    07-22-14 10:59 AM

BB10 4 ME
    I don't see them converting their debt so close to the $10 mark when it could fall and hold below. They might as well hold onto the debt and earn interest until it's clear that they can only gain on the conversion.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 11:02 AM
    has short interest been released yet?
    4:00pm

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 11:08 AM
    No, I think we are seeing the beginning of another seismic shift in the connected world.
    You could have said the same about a Sony, Palm, Motorola, or Nokia turnaround.
    mornhavon likes this.
    07-22-14 11:16 AM
    4:00pm

Posted via CB10
    Thursday, July 24th.
    theRock1975 likes this.
    07-22-14 11:46 AM
    I don't know about that, what does that have to do with debt being converted in to shares? nothing?
    Speaking of APPL moving shares to money, I am under the belief that Apple has been in a slump for some time, but because of their vast fortunes, they always seem to be able to make moves to keep SP high, and thus, mask public perception.
    I must say, they are good at it too.

A conspiracy theory from an N of 1 nobody.
    07-22-14 12:18 PM
    I honestly think this was/is a significant issue.
    I really hope this is the case but in the hardware war blackberry has little chance and reclaiming there status at the top of the hill with devices. Yes i think that BOYD has a chance to fall and BBRY can regain the enterprise glory but blackberries future is in services and software.
    07-22-14 12:24 PM
    I really hope this is the case but in the hardware war blackberry has little chance and reclaiming there status at the top of the hill with devices. Yes i think that BOYD has a chance to fall and BBRY can regain the enterprise glory but blackberries future is in services and software.
    Guys, it is simply not possible to predict the success of BlackBerry devices looking ahead five years. BlackBerry could very well be #1 or #0. It's just impossible to tell. If they can release the best devices on the best OS, of course they can be number one. Whether that will happen, however, is a total guess at this point.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    07-22-14 12:36 PM
    Hi Jake,
    No trolling intended on you brother, but I used to believe the same thing, until Chen took the helm. What BlackBerry is doing with devices have very clearly been taken as a threat by the competition. Just look at how iOS Is evolving with so many features being copied by BlackBerry, for example.
    If you disagree with that, then we still have the revolutionary Passport with the first touch keyboard ever, plus the former factor that has never been done before. We are also hearing leaks that state BlackBerry is going toward the leading edge of specs with new handsets. Add to that, the 5.2-5.5" flagship all touch that will be just behind the classic.
    Man! That is serious progress. Even Samsung isn't at this pace, and that is an industry first.
    07-22-14 12:38 PM
    Speaking of APPL moving shares to money, I am under the belief that Apple has been in a slump for some time, but because of their vast fortunes, they always seem to be able to make moves to keep SP high, and thus, mask public perception.
    So one of the largest and most scrutinized and analyzed companies in the world has been fudging their financials and artificially propping up their share price. That would be quite a scandal because Apple is probably one of the most widely owned companies in existence. The executives would certainly be risking criminal prosecution and crippling civil litigation by doing so.

All one has to do is look at what technology people are using to get a sense of whether Apple is in a slump. When I got together with my extended family last Christmas, I was amazed at how many mobile devices we had in the house made by this one company.
    mornhavon likes this.
    07-22-14 12:40 PM
    This is a thread about the stock not hardware. If BlackBerry can deliver security to enterprise, then they can delivery security to the IoT, and in doing so they will deliver a small but sizeable number of handsets to the fans/ security conscious. Chen only needs to sell 10m handsets to have that department profitable. They could have 10m MDM licenses by the end of 2015 and that department would be very, very profitable. QNX may only be pennies per license but IF it becomes the backbone of the IoT and ends up in Billions (that's 1000s of millions) of devices for the home, business, governments, utilities, autos, medicine then we'll all be thinking fondly if that cute little company called apple that blazed for a brief, bright moment just before the Age of Connection

BB10 4 ME
    07-22-14 12:47 PM
    Since things are so quiet on the BBRY front and we seem to be talking AAPL, this:

Apple Readies a Big Bet on Big-Screen Phones - WSJ

Extracts:

The Cupertino, Calif., company is asking suppliers to manufacture between 70 million and 80 million units combined of two large-screen iPhones with 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch displays by Dec. 30, according to people familiar with the matter. […]

Analysts are forecasting Apple will report sales of about 35.9 million iPhone units for the three months ended June 30. That would be up about 15% from a year earlier. […]

As Apple competes against Google Inc.'s Android operating system, larger screens are now common in Apple's core mobile market—high-price phones. In May, 98% of Android smartphones that sold globally at the equivalent of $400 or above featured a display greater than 5 inches, according to Counterpoint Research.
    If need be, I can post the whole thing. Let me know.
    07-22-14 12:48 PM
    So one of the largest and most scrutinized and analyzed companies in the world has been fudging their financials and artificially propping up their share price. That would be quite a scandal because Apple is probably one of the most widely owned companies in existence. The executives would certainly be risking criminal prosecution and crippling civil litigation by doing so.

All one has to do is look at what technology people are using to get a sense of whether Apple is in a slump. When I got together with my extended family last Christmas, I was amazed at how many mobile devices we had in the house made by this one company.
    Stock buybacks are an easy way to maintain the stock price when you are sitting on a bucket of cash (IBM is below a billion shares outstanding for the first time in a very long time due to stock buy back). No need to look for financial shenanigans.
    Apple has stop innovating and started imitating. Just like RIM in 2007. Think back to that 2006 Christmas and ask yourself how may Bbry were in the room. Kids BBMing on dad's old handset etc. Nobody would believe then that RIM was in trouble. It was only when they tried to imitate the iPhone with the Storm that the sea change became obvious.

BB10 4 ME
    bungaboy, Greened, Mr BBRY and 2 others like this.
    07-22-14 12:59 PM
113,256 ... 27452746274727482749 ...