View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Did you hear the iPhone 6...which is going to be the largest iPhone ever has increased their battery too? Yes indeed...from 1800mAH to 1810 mAH...awesome eh.

Should get two, maybe three hours without a charge on that bad boy.

Eazzy Peazzy
    Corbu, bungaboy, sidhuk and 3 others like this.
    07-18-14 02:58 PM
    Yer nat one of dem con-spir-a-cy folks ar-yeh?

Sorry, momentary lapse of reason. Just about out of the grip of those Bollinger bands.
    Lol. I no longer have a position in $BBRY but the action is odd to stay at that level.
    07-18-14 03:04 PM

Published on Jul 18, 2014
    The secure protection of data and information is paramount for a business that is always on-the-go. Particularly a business like the MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS Formula One™ Team, where confidentiality is the difference between winning and losing.

MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS Executive Director (Technical), Paddy Lowe, and IT Director, Matt Harris, are joined by MERCEDES AMG HIGH PERFORMANCE POWERTRAINS Managing Director Andy Cowell, to share how they use BlackBerry Enterprise Service (BES 10) encrypted solutions to deliver unmatched mobile security across its operations, as the team races at 19 locations globally during the course of a season.

Don't you think that these guys will find the Passport useful?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-mercedesgp-petronas-01.jpg
    Last edited by Corbu; 07-18-14 at 03:27 PM.
    07-18-14 03:12 PM
    07-18-14 03:29 PM
    07-18-14 04:07 PM
    Bought more shares today at $9.99. Let's hope it's a great investment.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-14 04:19 PM
    Did you hear the iPhone 6...which is going to be the largest iPhone ever has increased their battery too? Yes indeed...from 1800mAH to 1810 mAH...awesome eh.

Eazzy Peazzy
    The Passport battery: 3450mAh. Beast! No problems getting on a plane with this one.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-14 04:26 PM
    3450mAh. That will easily get through 24 hours of hard use and then some more, no doubt. I have trouble draining my Z30 battery and that's 2800mAh.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-14 04:37 PM

Eazzy Peazzy
    No no, you must be holding it wrong. Try cupping your hand around the phone for a more standard performance of 4 hrs.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-14 04:47 PM
    The Passport battery: 3450mAh. Beast! No problems getting on a plane with this one.

Posted via CB10
    LOL...we were coming back home (Canada) with a stop in Houston...three hour layover so go to one of their great restaurants in the airport to get a bite (no...really, they have some decent ones). anyway...we are sitting down to eat and these three guys come over..."Hi, mind if we plug in? Appears your the only outlets available in the restaurant"
    Of course I allowed them too...we didn't need it. haha.

Eazzy Peazzy
    07-18-14 05:15 PM
    LOL...we were coming back home (Canada) with a stop in Houston...three hour layover so go to one of their great restaurants in the airport to get a bite (no...really, they have some decent ones). anyway...we are sitting down to eat and these three guys come over..."Hi, mind if we plug in? Appears your the only outlets available in the restaurant"
    Of course I allowed them too...we didn't need it. haha.

Eazzy Peazzy
    Watch out for "wall huggers at airports".

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-samsung-ad-wall-huggers.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-wall-huggers.jpg
    07-18-14 05:21 PM
    3450mAh. That will easily get through 24 hours of hard use and then some more, no doubt. I have trouble draining my Z30 battery and that's 2800mAh.

Posted via CB10
    Well now, hold on. We really have no idea what kind of drain the big square screen will have. The Z10 screen sucks up the juice pretty quickly. Not to be a negative nelly, just sayin'

BB10 4 ME
    07-18-14 05:21 PM
    Well now, hold on. We really have no idea what kind of drain the big square screen will have. The Z10 screen sucks up the juice pretty quickly. Not to be a negative nelly, just sayin'

BB10 4 ME
    True, but the Z30 gets me through my day. 120 to 150 emails a day, 30 to 40 calls of various lengths, numerous document views and shares...not to mention all the CB and social surfs.

Today I unplugged at 5 am...it's now 4:30 and I'm at 20%...love this thing.

Eazzy Peazzy
    07-18-14 05:34 PM
    True, but the Z30 gets me through my day. 120 to 150 emails a day, 30 to 40 calls of various lengths, numerous document views and shares...not to mention all the CB and social surfs.

Today I unplugged at 5 am...it's now 4:30 and I'm at 20%...love this thing.

Eazzy Peazzy
    But the Z30 has that amoled (?) screen, right? Tough to read in sunlight? Do we know what the screen for the Passport is?

BB10 4 ME
    07-18-14 05:38 PM
    But the Z30 has that amoled (?) screen, right? Tough to read in sunlight? Do we know what the screen for the Passport is?

BB10 4 ME
    Sorry...I don't know. I can tell you this screen (Z30) is easier to view then either of my Surface Tablets...which are stunning indoors but not so great anywhere else.

Eazzy Peazzy

Edit...I just fired up an old 4s we have here...Z30 kills it outdoors. Sorry, but I dropped the iphone thing at 4s so nothing more current to compare to.
    Last edited by Shanerredflag; 07-18-14 at 06:11 PM.
    CDM76 and zyben like this.
    07-18-14 05:42 PM

BB10 4 ME
    I was actually thinking this when I posted earlier on, but I'm fully confident BlackBerry has also thought of that issue too. We know 10.3 will be launching with the Passport, that'll be fully optimized for it and if the past serves as an indicator, each BB10 update has improved on battery life.
    07-18-14 06:40 PM
    Other than the long battery life, I am glad that the Blackberry passport has stereo speakers. I hope, it will come with Paratek antenna as well.

Because of the following:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-iphone5-blackberry-z30-antenna.jpg

A quick shout out: I / We hope, you are all well, Morgan.
    07-18-14 08:23 PM
    Sooooo... One has to keep one's promises, right?

After the red Ferrari of the other day, I had promised something more green, more British... Some BRG!

Well, we ended this tumultuous week in slightly better shape but allow me to keep the real good BRG stuff for a remarkable event, a celebration of some sort. I hope you won't mind...

I do, however, intend to keep at least part of my promise, well insofar as the British connection is concerned... Well, a mix of UK and US, really...

And quite frankly, this also allows us to pay hommage to a friend of all of us in this thread.

So, here we go:

Have a nice weekend!

07-18-14 08:29 PM
    Anyone know that these guys existed?
    What's strange is that they specialize in messaging app KIK, are based in Waterloo, have over 100M users and are now partnered with Glympse.

Remind you of anyone?

Kik gets location sharing thanks to Glympse partnership

http://venturebeat.com/2014/07/18/ki...ing-thanks-to-
    bungaboy, sidhuk and zyben like this.
    07-19-14 12:18 AM
    Just because of the Apple-IBM 'thing', here is a little weekend diddy:

So far, I have to agree with many guys here. I don't see how this is going to fair well for either partner.

IBM: Ginni Rometty's Turnaround Shows Progress, But Hardware Is Still A Problem

http://www.businessinsider.com/ibm-h...problem-2014-7
    07-19-14 01:32 AM
    Sooooo... One has to keep one's promises, right?

After the red Ferrari of the other day, I had promised something more green, more British... Some BRG!

Well, we ended this tumultuous week in slightly better shape but allow me to keep the real good BRG stuff for a remarkable event, a celebration of some sort. I hope you won't mind...

I do, however, intend to keep at least part of my promise, well insofar as the British connection is concerned... Well, a mix of UK and US, really...

And quite frankly, this also allows us to pay hommage to a friend of all of us in this thread.

So, here we go:

Have a nice weekend!

Man oh man. The sound of that V-8!!!!
    07-19-14 06:56 AM
    Man oh man. The sound of that V-8!!!!
    It gives me chills up and down my spine. I think im in love lol

Posted via CrackBerry App
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-19-14 07:36 AM
    Ibm and apple is about apple wanting to get serious about enterprise. And that is bad for BlackBerry. Ibm is just searching for relevance and going where the customers are. In the US apple is just dominating. And the trend is still on upswing. Ibm wants to get its programs on ios because that is becoming a huge platform and a real challenge to windows.

So the strategy makes sense for both parties. The problem is that apple and ibm have struggled on some past collaborations.

Telling also that msft fired a huge portion of Nokia. Times are a changing.

Posted via CB10
    rarsen likes this.
    07-19-14 07:38 AM
    Ibm and apple is about apple wanting to get serious about enterprise. And that is bad for BlackBerry. Ibm is just searching for relevance and going where the customers are. In the US apple is just dominating. And the trend is still on upswing. Ibm wants to get its programs on ios because that is becoming a huge platform and a real challenge to windows.

So the strategy makes sense for both parties. The problem is that apple and ibm have struggled on some past collaborations.

Posted via CB10
    Perhaps a few CIO's should have a really hard look at this :
    http://www.zdziarski.com/blog/wp-con...Mechanisms.pdf

Eazzy Peazzy
    bungaboy, Corbu, rarsen and 8 others like this.
    07-19-14 07:51 AM

Posted via CB10
    That's just lean manufacturing. Microsoft already has a hardware division, no need to keep the Nokia people on board. They bought Nokia for their design, patents and manufacturing processes.

If it was BlackBerry instead of Microsoft, they may have kept them around to bleed cash until it was almost too late...
    07-19-14 10:52 AM
113,250 ... 27412742274327442745 ...