View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Morgan,
    Any updated charts you can provide? Thanks in advance.
    Not sure a chart is going to help much right now. I'm waiting to see if it will dive much lower, and seeing whether putting my money back in makes sense right now. Until we have a clue whether this deal matters, I think we just have to guess?

Posted via CB10
    ZayDub likes this.
    07-17-14 08:32 AM
    If the apple/IBM deal is really soo bad for bbry and warrants a 12 percent drop then that would mean its a positive for ibm and apple and you'd seem that in there SP. This news was just used so they could push the price down nothing more. Smoke and mirrors at its best
    really.
    a 12% drop in blackberry is a $500 million market cap drop
    at IBM's market cap of 192 billion, a 0.3% rise in IBM's share price is equivalent to the drop in blackberry's market cap.
    Not to mention Apple...at a current $573 B market cap...Apple only has to rise 0.1% to be equivalent to blackberry's $500 million fall

Einstein said that compound interest is the 8th wonder of the world; he wasn't lying..
    the 2% rise in IBM's market cap yesterday was almost equivalent to Blackberry's entire market cap
    bungaboy, Corbu, dusdal and 5 others like this.
    07-17-14 08:36 AM
    really.
    at IBM's market cap of 192 billion, a 0.3% rise in IBM's share price is equivalent to the drop in blackberry's market cap.
    Not to mention Apple...at a current $573 B market cap...Apple only has to rise 0.1% to be equivalent to blackberry's $500 million fall

Einstein said that compound interest is the 8th wonder of the world; he wasn't lying..
    the 2% rise in IBM's market cap yesterday was almost equivalent to Blackberry's entire market cap
    Damn the logic! LoL
    07-17-14 08:48 AM
    Damn the logic! LoL
    Indeed. Hahaha.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    bungaboy, Superfly_FR and Mr BBRY like this.
    07-17-14 08:51 AM
    Not sure a chart is going to help much right now. I'm waiting to see if it will dive much lower, and seeing whether putting my money back in makes sense right now. Until we have a clue whether this deal matters, I think we just have to guess?

Posted via CB10
    I would have thought that it would've been expected by the market that at some point Apple would've gotten into the business side of things but I think it's the partnership with IBM that people weren't expecting; it'll probably fast track Apple's plans. Nevertheless, with Blackberry's infrastructure and current offering, the company should have no problems taking enough market share to warrant its current valuation and more. As for if the share price will drop more? Who knows. Looking at blackberry's share price history it's definitely possible for it to drop even more even if the drop isn't warranted. With time though, as the fundamentals of the company continue to improve, the share price should definitely recover and move higher.
    07-17-14 08:53 AM
    John Chen has seen this movie before. At sybase he has worked against "giants like IBM" and did pretty good. If money was every thing then IBM would have been king of the computer hardwares today. People have habits of polishing money balls. And that is totally understandable. It doesn't mean that people who have balls will stop working hard on their own, rather than giving in cause some one said that some one has money or man power.

07-17-14 09:01 AM
    See what happens when I get banned for a few days? The bottom drops out of the stock.

As for IBM/Apple....

OS X sounds a lot like OS/2, which is probably where this will go. A partnership with IBM will just kill Apple's 'cool factor' overtime. Apple's original marketing stance was that they were producing completely different products from monolithic corporations like IBM. Now they're all marching to the same tune.
    07-17-14 09:19 AM
    Welcome back Morlock

Eazzy Peazzy
    Corbu, sidhuk, La Emperor and 4 others like this.
    07-17-14 09:28 AM
    See what happens when I get banned for a few days? The bottom drops out of the stock.

As for IBM/Apple....

OS X sounds a lot like OS/2, which is probably where this will go. A partnership with IBM will just kill Apple's 'cool factor' overtime. Apple's original marketing stance was that they were producing completely different products from monolithic corporations like IBM. Now they're all marching to the same tune.
    LoL. Good one. Don't get banned again. You cost me ~$15K yesterday!
    Corbu, rarsen, sidhuk and 4 others like this.
    07-17-14 09:30 AM
    LoL. Good one. Don't get banned again. You cost me ~$15K yesterday!
    Sorry, I get a little heated sometimes.

But seriously, going in this direction is what killed Apple last time. They're going to get too tied into IBM development cycles, their product won't be able to evolve fast enough anymore and they'll get demolished trying to compete with the rapid pace of QNX development in both Enterprise and the Consumer Market.

The Old Enterprise King is Dead, Long Live King BBRY.
    bungaboy, rarsen, sidhuk and 6 others like this.
    07-17-14 09:35 AM
    Now, who's been sitting on the launch abort switch?
    07-17-14 09:37 AM
    I wonder if this Apple /IBM announcement was the response to the German leak about a next generation Blackberry that can run a QNX desktop and technically run all POSIX compliant Unix apps.

The concept is very innovative and would be the must have device for any serious IT Professional.

This would clearly be the best tool for enterprise and Apple needed to partner with IBM to step it up as well.

What do you guys think? I think it was leaked and then brushed away. Specs were lowered and then Manitoba suddenly became a Z3 for north America. :s

Posted via CB10
    This is interesting. Not sure what it would take to underpin your said, and thus may be just one more move that Apple saw as a threat.
    I am still confident that the Apple move was done out of urgency, and that iOS, (only from what others' more qualified are saying), can't inherently compete against BlackBerry in this space. The thing that has most of us concerned is that Apple has seemingly unlimited funds and momentum.
    Bottom line is that if or when the Apple venture fails, it will take quite some time for it to be realized, because we will no doubt see the wave swell before it collapses. All along this will be a factor in suppressing our SP through market doubt.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-17-14 09:55 AM
    Could this 10 dollar wall be the carriers of the debt converting to share and selling when it gets over 10
    07-17-14 09:59 AM
    Could this 10 dollar wall be the carriers of the debt converting to share and selling when it gets over 10
    I have been asking that for ages, but to my knowledge, nobody has answered. You would think that we would see it in news, but nothing.

Corbu and Zyben. The challenge question goes out!

07-17-14 10:19 AM
    really.

So $1000 invested in BlackBerry VS IBM or apple would take the same hit or profit, if blackberry looses or gains 12% and IBM or apple loose or gain 0.3%?
    (I am investor by the way)

07-17-14 10:20 AM
    Could be.

And if that is the case, and given that we are holding steady, it would make sense that the share price would increase once the convertible shares are sold through.
    07-17-14 10:23 AM
    Could be.

And if that is the case, and given that we are holding steady, it would make sense that the share price would increase once the convertible shares are sold through.
    Seems to be the pattern here. Shorts cover to bring the price above 10 then the debt holders sell and bring it back under 10.
    georg4BB, bungaboy, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    07-17-14 10:31 AM
    This news posted earlier seems either very convoluted, or I am not intelligent enough to decipher:

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=3vFDsMDM

Stephen is all over the map with this, but some seems to be a la John Chen playbook, and other blurbs are screaming "I don't have a clue, but we are going to just wing it and see"....

Either the CEO is a genius, or is delusional. Six Months in to this 'strategy' should answer the question.
    bungaboy, sidhuk and zyben like this.
    07-17-14 10:35 AM
    Meh, I did the whole tablet fad.

Never going to buy another one. Just a new laptop every few years.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 10:47 AM
    I have been asking that for ages, but to my knowledge, nobody has answered. You would think that we would see it in news, but nothing.

Corbu and Zyben. The challenge question goes out!

Hi Bacon,

I think the best thing I can do is refer to what was posted a while back by Morgan. I hope that post and the few that follow help sort out this bond issue.

If not, I'm sure some poeple that are wiser than I am will help track an answer down.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...l#post10522791

Cheers.
    bungaboy, rarsen, sidhuk and 3 others like this.
    07-17-14 10:56 AM
    07-17-14 11:25 AM
    OT: Privacy related

Rogers to require warrants for police requests

Rogers to require warrants for police requests - The Globe and Mail
    I have personally talked with some rcmp officers, as well as ontario police officers that provided training to other officers on how to write a production order specifically I'm these cases, so my guess is that most carriers probably won't disclose anything without one. While this seems like a step forward for Rogers, a timely one, I don't thing it's anything new, but they might have wanted to reassure their customers and benefit from the exposure, given all the headlines lately about this particular issue.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 11:41 AM
    Sorry, I get a little heated sometimes.

But seriously, going in this direction is what killed Apple last time. They're going to get too tied into IBM development cycles, their product won't be able to evolve fast enough anymore and they'll get demolished trying to compete with the rapid pace of QNX development in both Enterprise and the Consumer Market.

The Old Enterprise King is Dead, Long Live King BBRY.
    Slowdown Batman !
    This deal is nothing more than a commercial/marketing announcement and won't affect individuals, besides the 'cool factor'.
    I'm not sure either they will be tight, except that IBM may choose to retain launches of new OS/devices until they get "approved" and apps/services updated accordingly.
    Most of IP users won't even ear about it.

Again, besides us (the "well informed") that believe the news is all around ... general media channels are pretty much ignoring the news.
    bungaboy, rarsen, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    07-17-14 11:50 AM
    GREEN

Eazzy Peazzy
    cjcampbell, sidhuk and zyben like this.
    07-17-14 12:01 PM
    Sorry...couldn't help it.

Eazzy Peazzy
    07-17-14 12:01 PM
113,252 ... 27362737273827392740 ...