Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Apple And IBM Deal Is Not A Game Changer For Enterprise

Apple And IBM Deal Is Not A Game Changer For Enterprise
    sidhuk, jxnb, W Hoa and 4 others like this.
    07-16-14 12:36 PM
    Blackberry would be better off not saying anything about this because it has nothing to do with their future plans or actions. This is about what the competition has announced they are going to do. Anything that JC says will be perceived as bluster or defensiveness. He doesn't have anything to contribute here.

Are you also curious about why fail videos on YouTube are so much more popular than win videos?
    I think you are right on the money here. BlackBerry needs to focus on their own execution. Stay focused on enterprise. Push mid-priced handsets outside of N.A. And keep developing QNX.

BB10 4 ME
    sidhuk, Corbu, Mr BBRY and 1 others like this.
    07-16-14 12:39 PM
    I stayed with this company between $6:50 and 18:00. did my swing trades all along but but never glorified it like some show offs. always kept large holdings in by my standard. didnt borrow money to buy my shares. in last two years pretty much know all the BS creators. but i do like that Muppet you tube video.

some comments from seeking the truth.

"@Michael,
    Sorry I disagree. IBM has zero market share in mobile enterprise apps. they are late in the game as they usually are. SAP and Oracle are ahead of the pack. Even if the Apple IBM bundle is accepted that doesn't mean Fiberlink becomes choice MDM.

Remember the 90s. IBM dominated in Chips, Computers, OS, Applications. Then came Dell, Intel, Windows, Word, HP and changed the whole landscape through modularization.

PaaS, devices, apps, MDM, data connectivity are all pieces of a puzzle that can be fitted whichever way enterprise wants it. PaaS can be Salesforce.com, devices can be Samsung, HTC, MDM can be AirWatch/MobileIron, data connectivity can be AT&T, Verizon. Enterprises can pick and choose and fit the pieces the way they desire.

This partnership reeks of desperation as Apple has struggled to win corporate hearts due to its consumer-centric devices that suffer from security issues. IBM as mentioned is a dinosaur that is struggling to find identity amongst SAP, Oracle, Microsoft, Amazon and countless others.

This doesn't affect BlackBerry, AirWatch, MobileIron, SAP, Salesforce.com in any way.

@wussel,
    This news is being used as BBRY dump operation. Option expiration on Friday the 25th. This one needs to be pinned at 10. Otherwise 17.5k open 10 calls get assigned. Media is backing up this vol. short term noise. Nothing else."
    Corbu, rarsen, morganplus8 and 7 others like this.
    07-16-14 12:53 PM
    I said ages ago that it would be folly for BlackBerry to retreat into the enterprise castle and hug the silver while kingdom burns all around them. Thank goodness they don't seem to be doing that.
    They.are.not.
    One step after the other. To paraphrase your image : "don't try to paint on burning walls".
    georg4BB, sidhuk, Mr BBRY and 2 others like this.
    07-16-14 01:14 PM
    Maintaining their cool factor with Beats and attempting to gain some credible respect in the Enterprise with IBM. That's pretty simple. They can very much do so with the billions they have. I wouldn't say they have no direction
    Posted via CB10

You don't see how Beats being already maybe the number one iDevice Accessory is a good move?
    You don't see how teaming with IBM is a good move to expand their already #1 position in the business market?
    Apples direction is to expand and build on what they are already doing. One or both may end up hurting them, but both are meant to expand what they are already doing.....they didn't just spend money for the sake of spending money.
    There's a threat. A "hype threat", the kind you feel when you suddenly realize the "cool factor" was nothing but an engineered marketing process from "they are evil" (but hey, these guys are the best and there's nothing in the world I'd desire more than being IBM [could have say S.Jobs in 1983] ) to "in IBM we trust".
    Never forget how a sentiment can vary fast. I'm not saying this is going to happen, but it could.

Teaming IBM and apple, with such a huge gap in methods and enterprise culture, is a counter-nature move. It's advertised to death while basically the deal is another "app thing"; IBM will invest to release native iOs apps that are not currently on the platform while appl will be able to distribute its devices via IBM enterprise channels. (not sure carriers will appreciate, BTW). On the EMM front, not much will be added to the IBM current solution (latest acquisition), iOs was already supported.

A lot of noise ... let's see how it turns out.
    rarsen, sidhuk, Corbu and 7 others like this.
    07-16-14 01:23 PM
    They.are.not.
    One step after the other. To paraphrase your image : "don't try to paint on burning walls".
    Dont bother SF, this individual is totally lost in what he continues to spout!
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-16-14 01:23 PM
    Dont bother SF, this individual is totally lost in what he continues to spout!
    What on earth are you talking about?

SF and I weren't even in disagreement this time lol

I was initially making reference to an earlier comment I made saying that BlackBerry should expect others to mount a serious challenge to their enterprise fort. That's what's happening - totally lost?? I also said that BlackBerry were doing the right thing in not becoming too narrow.

Instead of 'spouting' rubbish, try and figure out what it is you're talking about before throwing around these boring and childish ad hominem attacks.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 01:34 PM
    Anyway...this development isn't something to brush off as nothing, but it also doesn't merit panic. BlackBerry are going to be fine. With strong device sales and a consolidated enterprise programme, we are going to do well. Apple can do what they like. If anything, IBM have just taken themselves out of the data security game.

Even if Apple and IBM can manage to create BlackBerry level security, no one serious outside of the US is going to trust them.

Posted via CB10
    Bacon Munchers and georg4BB like this.
    07-16-14 01:49 PM
    Any thoughts on what the volume of shares traded is indicating? It's certainly more than normal, but it's not as much as were traded around earnings. Not sure what the days ahead will bring, but I am glad this steep of a drop is not from a massive sell-off of shares.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 01:52 PM
    Wow...11% in one day. Biggest hit in a long time...any guesses what tomorrow will bring? The one real threat this poses is the negative press and sentiment - that stuff isn't needed.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 01:57 PM
    Wow...11% in one day. Biggest hit in a long time...any guesses what tomorrow will bring? The one real threat this poses is the negative press and sentiment - that stuff isn't needed.

Posted via CB10
    This new isnt worth an 11 percent drop it is all manipulation
    07-16-14 02:02 PM
    07-16-14 02:03 PM
    Now below the magic $10.00 threshold...

*edit: $9.92 and falling. I want to buy back in, but figured this might happen if it dropped below 10.
    07-16-14 02:04 PM
    Seems to have flattened out now just below $10.

$9.96 as of this posting.
    07-16-14 02:10 PM
    @wussel,
    This news is being used as BBRY dump operation. Option expiration on Friday the 25th. This one needs to be pinned at 10. Otherwise 17.5k open 10 calls get assigned. Media is backing up this vol. short term noise. Nothing else."
    Corbu, rarsen, lech31 and 4 others like this.
    07-16-14 02:17 PM
    Desperation! I doubt it. But apple doesn't do cloud very well. I suspect that ios is moving to become the dominate os in the world, replacing windows. Already most computers sold every day are actually smartphones. Android is getting the computers that are used as phones and tvs but apple is getting the customers that use more of the phones power.

IBM just wants to tag along. The press release seemed to be all about what ibm would do for Apple. It would make apps for ios that work in an enterprise setting. I think apple does very little here.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    07-16-14 02:18 PM
    The whole play seems to be about perception. AAPL and IBM haven't done anything spectacular (AAPL up less than down a half %) but the beat down on BBRY share price makes the general observer believe that they have. The story becomes not what AAPL and IBM have accomplished with this partnership, but rather, that the deal between them is killing BBRY so the deal must be important.

IMHO
    Last edited by W Hoa; 07-16-14 at 03:09 PM.
    theRock1975, sidhuk, Corbu and 8 others like this.
    07-16-14 02:39 PM
    This whole thing about IBM and Apple makes no sense in reference to BBRY Stock being dumped this way.

I just put all $ I could into BBRY now as this just doesn't add up at all.

Posted via swift BlackBerry ? Z30!
    07-16-14 03:01 PM
    Apple just closed on red, anyone know why?
    07-16-14 03:07 PM
    Because the whole thing with IBM partner was pure pump and dump.
    Additionally, for IBM to successfully implement and grow their MDM market share with Apple in the enterprise will take a long time for it to be even remotely close to what BlackBerry via BES 12 will be offering.

07-16-14 03:11 PM
    Lol sorry no but, we do have gifted residents here who can shed some light.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    Corbu, rarsen, Bilaal and 4 others like this.
    07-16-14 03:16 PM
    Because the whole thing with IBM partner was pure pump and dump.
    Additionally, for IBM to successfully implement and grow their MDM market share with Apple in the enterprise will take a long time for it to be even remotely close to what BlackBerry via BES 12 will be offering.

Sorry, I didn't mean to count us as "gifted". LoL.

07-16-14 03:17 PM
    Sorry, I didn't mean to count us as "gifted". LoL.

Haha, I'm only feeling gifted with respect to my BlackBerry 10 phone . Those that haven't experienced it don't know what they're missing.

07-16-14 03:20 PM
    Lol sorry no but, we do have gifted residents here who can shed some light.

Lol, nice one, sidhuk.

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    07-16-14 03:26 PM
    Internet of Things holds huge potential for economy – and BlackBerry

The rush to be first
    The initiative is crucial to BlackBerry’s long-term strategic shift toward the enterprise. If Project Ion delivers the goods, it establishes BlackBerry as a major player early in the rapid-growth phase of the nascent IoT market. The Waterloo-based company will need to move quickly, however, as other vendors are already rushing in to establish their own IoT beachheads.

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/blogs/f...195923302.html
    07-16-14 03:36 PM
113,250 ... 27332734273527362737 ...