View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Apple And IBM Team Up, And The Winner Is... BlackBerry?

Summary
    •All the speculation about how the deal hurts BlackBerry just confirms BlackBerry's leadership in MDM.
    •Shorting BlackBerry before knowing the details could be dangerous and I explain why.
    •How much of a threat to BlackBerry is the deal in the first place?

Apple And IBM Team Up, And The Winner Is... BlackBerry? - BlackBerry Ltd. (NASDAQ:BBRY) | Seeking Alpha

Finally! You have a stock priced near book value and now an opportunity to remind the investing public that Blackberry still has more MDM customers than all of their top competitors combined, including 10 of the 10 largest companies in the world and 16 of the G20 governments. BlackBerry's MDM business has actually been benefiting significantly from the EZ Pass program, but nobody has noticed.
    07-16-14 04:43 AM
    Mister Chen, Mister Sims or whoever at BlackBerry please listen to my prayer : mary SAP or at least "share the same apartment". The alliance dance is soon to be closed, we need a non-mainly mobile focused (solid and non American) company. I fear there's no room left and still believe SAP is a beautiful bride (see why in the link)...
    Digging some more I found this statement from SAP in Forbe's "sponsored" blog : BrandVoice: Making The Internet Of Things A Reality With Mobile Management - Forbes
    We have a research team that is building really cool technology in the M2M area based on real customer scenarios, and we will soon be appointing a leader for the initiative that will help us take the solutions we develop with customers to the market on a broader scale. We are also identifying a set of close partners who will bring critical elements of the technology stack needed for M2M solutions. So don’t expect SAP to go it alone – there will be a combination of select software companies, system integrators, Telcos and Infrastructure players we are actively engaging with to help bring the solution and vision to market.
    bungaboy, rarsen, Corbu and 10 others like this.
    07-16-14 05:00 AM
    From a comment in the Globe & Mail

"The Apple-IBM deal is the vote of confidence that investors should be looking for that the high-end business/institutional segment to which Blackberry has largely retreated is potentially quite lucrative."
    07-16-14 05:05 AM
    Fact check in action (appl/IBM).
    A little fluffy ... but that was quick !

BlackBerry 10 v. Apple iOS 8: Who packs a punch for enterprises? | Inside BlackBerry
    07-16-14 05:18 AM
    BlackBerry will need another, super-secure tablet.

Posted via CB10
    techvisor likes this.
    07-16-14 06:00 AM

Posted via CB10
    Oh yes another tablet! The last one near killed Blackberry, lets do another "Play"book!
    07-16-14 06:10 AM
    Oh yes another tablet! The last one near killed Blackberry, lets do another "Play"book!
    With Foxconn making the hardware and BB10 not missing anything at this point, it's not a heavy risk.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, georg4BB, Corbu and 3 others like this.
    07-16-14 06:26 AM
    Watch for an SAP/ Amazon/ BlackBerry play...you heard it here first.

Eazzy Peazzy
    07-16-14 06:34 AM
    07-16-14 06:37 AM
    Not right now, but at some point in the medium-term future.

You're making the classic error: the playbook sucked, therefore any tablet would be a failure. Such a view ignores the reason that the playbook failed. Obviously it didn't fail just because tablets are a dumb idea.

BlackBerry nearly killed BlackBerry. It wasn't the act of making phones or tablets.

Very powerful and secure tablets will be wanted. The iPad is the best thing around at the moment. IF BlackBerry could produce something just as sexy, and far more powerful, dynamic, and secure, that would be a very good idea. If they can't, then I would also not want them to try.

Posted via CB10
    techvisor likes this.
    07-16-14 06:42 AM
    I have a funny feeling that my screen is gonna be awfully "greyed out" today!
    07-16-14 06:44 AM
    Posted via CB10
    Not sure about the tablet. From my own observations most people prefere the combination of smartphone (with large screen) and laptop. I don't use my tablet very much since I have the Z30. Maybe Heinz war right when he mentioned, that tablets are not the future (as a professional tool)...
    Are there any numbers available about the usage of tablets in companies?
    rarsen, Bacon Munchers and zyben like this.
    07-16-14 06:48 AM
    I'm not sweating this. We've had much worse days and this particular news isn't so much worrying when you read from all perspectives.
    07-16-14 06:51 AM
    Tablet sales were down significantly the last three quarters I do believe...including the three variations if iPad.

Eazzy Peazzy
    07-16-14 06:52 AM
    Any upcoming BlackBerry tablet will receive the same reaction as all BlackBerry 10 devices have received: "Eurgh, BlackBerry? Has it got Netflix? Moving on..."

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 06:55 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-mockit_16072014055742.jpg

Eazzy Peazzy
    sidhuk, bungaboy and zyben like this.
    07-16-14 06:58 AM
    Anyone else find it "interesting" Apple does the stock split...and then announces this? Greedy Mothers.

Eazzy Peazzy
    Corbu, rarsen, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    07-16-14 07:00 AM
    07-16-14 07:09 AM
    I have a funny feeling that my screen is gonna be awfully "greyed out" today!
    Looking at your Avatar, how could you tell?

AND you people LAUGHED when I got right back out yesterday!
    07-16-14 07:10 AM
    Anyone else find it "interesting" Apple does the stock split...and then announces this? Greedy Mothers.

Eazzy Peazzy
    How so, isn't the whole purpose of being a public company to create value for shareholders?

Same thing that Chen has been talking about lately. Focusing on delivering value to shareholders.
    07-16-14 07:18 AM
    Apple + IBM + beats = I have no idea

But it looks like a company that has no direction and is surrendering to walk streets wishes to use the cash they have.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 07:19 AM

But it looks like a company that has no direction and is surrendering to walk streets wishes to use the cash they have.

Posted via CB10
    Maintaining their cool factor with Beats and attempting to gain some credible respect in the Enterprise with IBM. That's pretty simple. They can very much do so with the billions they have. I wouldn't say they have no direction

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    07-16-14 07:23 AM
    So when is Blackberry going to announce there partnership with SAP. We all know its coming
    07-16-14 07:24 AM
    How so, isn't the whole purpose of being a public company to create value for shareholders?

Same thing that Chen has been talking about lately. Focusing on delivering value to shareholders.
    I have no issue with the value side...however, it seems to me this reaks of C Suite bonus tactic. Could be wrong.

Eazzy Peazzy
    zyben likes this.
    07-16-14 07:27 AM

Posted via CB10

You don't see how Beats being already maybe the number one iDevice Accessory is a good move?

You don't see how teaming with IBM is a good move to expand their already #1 position in the business market?

Apples direction is to expand and build on what they are already doing. One or both may end up hurting them, but both are meant to expand what they are already doing.....they didn't just spend money for the sake of spending money.
    07-16-14 07:31 AM
113,250 ... 27302731273227332734 ...