View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-p7030841-590x393.jpg

BlackBerry Philippines signals comeback with Z3 launch

And we were just about to do a "What happened to BlackBerry Philippines?" piece. Imagine our surprise when just a few minutes ago, we received this message: "BlackBerry is back! We are proud to launch the local availability of the BlackBerry Z3."

[...]

It will be launched in the Philippines on July 22.
    https://ph.news.yahoo.com/photos/bla...123016917.html

Other sources had already referred to a July launch, but with no specific date, as far as I can recall:
    Blackberry Z3 is set to launch in the Philippines this coming July | OneTechAvenue

All of this, FWIW.
    07-15-14 11:58 AM
    Let's hope the news about Z3 sold out in India will make bbry keep rising ;-) Can't wait for Z3 release in Nigeria, South Africa etc. Right now it seems that BB and JC got it right for what the Z3's launch is concerned ;-)

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, zyben, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    07-15-14 11:58 AM
    07-15-14 12:03 PM
    Excellent read:
    BlackBerry's canny healthcare play in India | ZDNet

BlackBerry's canny healthcare play in India

Summary: The company's announcement of its healthcare offering in India, which leverages the offerings of both its acquisitions Nanthealth and QNX, could transform the healthcare landscape in the country, and perhaps even the world

[...]

Using 'QNX,' Blackberry's crown jewels

In 2010, Blackberry snapped up Ottawa, Ontario firm QNX, dubbed by its CEO Chen as one of Blackberry’s 'Crown Jewels'. After becoming a critical component of how much of the world interacts with its automobile’s digital entertainment and information system, QNX will now provide the same crucial interface in the healthcare arena.

QNX, as Larry Dignan's ZDNet article explains, is basically an operating system that serves as middleware for your auto entertainment system with special expertise in connecting to your mobile device. For instance, CarPlay is one of the world's popular in-car infotainment system that allows iPhone users to jack in and make phonecalls, play tunes and use navigation tools and it solely uses QNX as a platform to do so. But the same QNX OS can also be deployed in anything from your washing machine to a heart monitor—so you can imagine how critical this can become in the IoT arena.

Grafting QNX onto Nanthealth's systems and having it ride on a secure network such as BBM could be nothing short of ingenious and if QNX has emerged as the dominant middle OS for much of the world's leading entertainment (Apple) and automobile companies, there's no reason why it can't weave the same magic in the healthcare field.

In India, patients, especially those in remote areas, can now be monitored by an urban hospital's medical staff thanks to QNX's real-time embedded OS. The Nanthealth-QNX-BBM package can now deliver secure, cloud-based delivery and payment systems along with critical decision making that rides on data and analytics—a combination that may democratize healthcare from being just a privilege of the rich in India but also make it more efficient and cheaper.

This solution could soon become, not just a cool innovation, but a vital necessity for a country with a seemingly unending healthcare crisis such as India's.
    07-15-14 12:07 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P7030841-590x393.jpg 
Views:	599 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	285129

https://ph.news.yahoo.com/photos/bla...123016917.html

Other sources had already referred to a July launch, but with no specific date, as far as I can recall:
    Blackberry Z3 is set to launch in the Philippines this coming July | OneTechAvenue

All of this, FWIW.
    Man with sales women like that id be lining up to buy a blackberry.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    Corbu, zyben, sidhuk and 4 others like this.
    07-15-14 12:27 PM
    what you doing Man, $BBRY is back up again. Green. May be the video effect.

bigbadben10, zyben, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    07-15-14 12:27 PM
    So the Z3 has been or will be launched in

1) Indonesia
    2) South Africa
    3) China
    4) Philippines
    5) India
    6)Malaysia
    7)Vietnam

Have i missed any
    zyben, Reed Richards and sidhuk like this.
    07-15-14 12:34 PM
    I didn't know it launched in China. Unless you are meaning Hong Kong.

Dominate the MCAT C0012A8A6
    Corbu, zyben and sidhuk like this.
    07-15-14 12:36 PM
    Also add Nigeria on July 22nd I believe

bungaboy, Corbu, zyben and 2 others like this.
    07-15-14 12:37 PM
    Man with sales women like that id be lining up to buy a blackberry.
    I hear you helo!

How can one resist?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-blackberry-z3.jpg
    07-15-14 12:39 PM
    So the Z3 has been or will be launched in

1) Indonesia
    2) South Africa
    3) China
    4) Philippines
    5) India
    6)Malaysia
    7)Vietnam

Have i missed any
    Thailand
    UAE
    I think we can add Singapore as well
    Last edited by Corbu; 07-15-14 at 01:26 PM.
    bungaboy, zyben, dusdal and 3 others like this.
    07-15-14 12:42 PM
    I've been blowing the flames, maybe I shouldn't have ...
    kinda mea culpa ... well, kind of (this response from Samy is still very vague).
    At least they deserve to be printed here.

"Samsung is committed to the long term evolution of mobile security and the ongoing development of Samsung KNOX. While Samsung is contributing a part of KNOX technology for the benefit of the entire Android community and enterprise customers, Samsung KNOX remains the most secure Android platform from the hardware to the application level. Samsung will continue to work with our partners to enable KNOX for all of our valued customers. Our list of enterprise and government clients continues to grow rapidly, and is a testament to our commitment to providing highly-desirable, secure mobile devices across all industries."
    From : Bla1ze in the forums : http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...l#post10579967 (scratch) and (commented) : Despite rumors, Samsung says they have no plans to nix Knox platform | CSO Online
    07-15-14 12:45 PM
    No balls o steel here. Must be iron. Cheap iron. Rusty iron.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2014-07-15-2.05.31-pm.png
    07-15-14 12:46 PM
    07-15-14 12:47 PM
    John Chen said that if BlackBerry sells 10 million phones a year, the handset division will be cost-effective (I'm paraphrasing, I don't recall if he said that's the breakeven point, or where profits start to make the risk worthwhile).

Has anyone seen a projection of what percentage of those 10 million can come from Z3 sales in Indonesia/Vietnam/India/South Africa/Nigeria/The Philippines?

I'm wondering if these overseas sales are more critical than I have been thinking: with enterprise customers being slow to upgrade their phones, and being skeptical of BlackBerry's survival, these overseas sales of a non-flagship can help the handset division survive until BlackBerry is seen as stable.

FWIW, a few months ago I worked alongside U.S. Federal Government staff. It was like I walked through a time machine... the number of BB7 devices was incredible! The Feds had rolled out some iPhones with Good MDM, which were not well liked... messages and notifications were being missed. At least on the gov side, BB10 would seem to still have a shot. I have no insight into when those BB7 devices will be up for replacement, but it's nice to see the Z3 overseas sales as a hedge.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, Corbu, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    07-15-14 12:51 PM
    I didn't know it launched in China. Unless you are meaning Hong Kong.

Yes i meant Hong Kong
    sidhuk and dusdal like this.
    07-15-14 12:51 PM
    I'm in...I'm out....

And the seals keep on clapping. Go ahead and admit you posted that as a "thanks" magnet. Most the other posters here do the same. Can not help if the stock you choose to love, sucks!

Posted using my iPhone 5S which does not need Android to have apps.
    07-15-14 01:01 PM
    @reed, 10M device is more or less current level (based on last E.R pace, if I remind correctly). Glad you add some more !!!
    07-15-14 01:05 PM
    Posted using my iPhone 5S which [...]
    That kind of signature won't help for peace here ... provocation is not needed, either ways.
    I'd suggest "Posted using my iPhone 5S with tons of apps".

P.S: I'm black list free, from day one.
    rarsen, neteng1000, sidhuk and 3 others like this.
    07-15-14 01:07 PM
    That kind of signature won't help for peace here ... provocation is not needed, either ways.
    I'd suggest "Posted using my iPhone 5S with tons of apps".

P.S: I'm black list free, from day one.
    Still a girlie phone any way you look at it. Apps won't change that fact :P

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, theRock1975, zyben and 3 others like this.
    07-15-14 01:14 PM
    Can not help if the stock you choose to love, sucks!

Please stop posting provocative posts. The thread is called " I support Blackberry" I have to remind you. Just don't insult everyone else at the same time.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 01:21 PM
    nice steady climb since 12:13 today....
    07-15-14 01:27 PM
    WTF, must be mobile money switching hand or "in" again?
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140715_132655.png

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    ibpluto, La Emperor, zyben and 5 others like this.
    07-15-14 01:28 PM
    nice steady climb since 12:13 today....
    you had to say something didnt you lol
    sidhuk, bungaboy and ibpluto like this.
    07-15-14 01:50 PM
    you had to say something didnt you lol
    ya, my bad....should of got out at 2:20 ....... oh well
    bungaboy and zyben like this.
    07-15-14 02:12 PM
113,256 ... 27272728272927302731 ...