View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Not sure if this was posted, big news. Samsung is done with KNOX.

Samsung Nix's Knox: The Android Security Saga Continues - Forbes
    Soumaila Somtore likes this.
    07-10-14 09:38 AM
    Warm up the bandwagon!

AOL CEO Tim Armstrong this week told CNBC that he still loves using his BlackBerry for work and he makes the best case we’ve heard for why businesspeople should stick with BlackBerry phones, even if they use phones from Apple and Samsung as well.

“The Samsung Note I have, and I have an iPhone also, they are excellent for me for Web viewing, entertainment, video, those type of things,” Armstrong told CNBC. “And I use those phones everyday. But BlackBerry for me is a utility. If you look around Sun Valley you see people who have to do a tremendous amount of work… on BlackBerrys.”
    07-10-14 09:38 AM
    $11.64 and not sowing any sign of fatigue go baby keep climbing i am so proud you!!!
    sidhuk, bungaboy, zyben and 2 others like this.
    07-10-14 09:52 AM
    Meanwhile...

I guess everyone is entitled to his opinion. FWIW:
    BlackBerry: breaking up is hard to do - 10 Jul 2014 - Computing Analysis

From a "distinguished analyst at Gartner"...

So the picture is bleak for BlackBerry. Does it have any hope at all? Only if the company is broken up, suggests Ken Dulaney, vice president and distinguished analyst at Gartner.

"We have long believed that the company has more value broken up into businesses that would deliver handsets, mobile device management, Internet of Things operating systems (QNX), BBM services and the NOC [Network Operations Centre] as a global carrier control system.

"They do have enough money in the bank to cover this time period as a single company and John Chen, who is an effective manager, is cutting expenses to ensure the money lasts. But the question is always when you cut expenses, whether those cuts disable core company capabilities."

[...]

Dulaney concluded that the only way the firm can survive without breaking itself up is to return to selling large volumes of devices, but adds that he doesn't see that happening.

"That is unlikely because of the tremendous innovation from the remaining three, Apple, Google and Microsoft/Nokia. I think ultimately the company must be broken up."
    Distinguished? Have a good day!
    bungaboy, zyben and Andy_bb_king like this.
    07-10-14 10:03 AM
    Just wanted to say that there is risk in the BBRY fact check that they did with Good. It is a bit babyish.

They should have shown the ad and then provided bullet points in a professional manner that highlight the inaccuracies.
    07-10-14 10:24 AM
    Knox gone but Android 5.0 will have all the features.

Fear: Android one step closer to being as secure as Blackberry. All they need is an MDM solution and we are in trouble .... again.
    07-10-14 10:29 AM

Fear: Android one step closer to being as secure as Blackberry. All they need is an MDM solution and we are in trouble .... again.
    I've said this for a while, BUT we aren't in trouble unless we are too one dimensional. Also, Google will struggle to convince people that they are trustworthy. Privacy goes against their entire business model. I think that will be an obstacle for them outside the US.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    07-10-14 10:33 AM
    Just wanted to say that there is risk in the BBRY fact check that they did with Good. It is a bit babyish.

They should have shown the ad and then provided bullet points in a professional manner that highlight the inaccuracies.
    Wrong!
    sidhuk and morganplus8 like this.
    07-10-14 10:34 AM

Swing and a miss. LoL
    sidhuk and Shanerredflag like this.
    07-10-14 10:35 AM
    Another GREAT day. I watch 13 stocks and BBRY is the only one green!

I lucked out so far today!
    07-10-14 10:46 AM
    Another GREAT day. I watch 13 stocks and BBRY is the only one green!

I lucked out so far today!
    I wish I had bought in when you did. Stupid internet wasnt working so I did it at work hence my sell goofup

Posted via CrackBerry App
    07-10-14 11:05 AM
    Why would a CIO choose a unproven, partial (A5 won't be anything near BES management capabilities) and platform specific solution, when he can buy/trade in a well know, proven solid one, cross platform ... for less ?
    Marketing ?
    A wall with the Google sign printed on it felt here. The giant failed. Competition has spoken.

Probably one of those we should worry about, but it's not there anymore. I mean with the "wide spectrum" it had.
    OK, whatever name it takes for Samy, it'll be a securisation app ... enough for many (Joes). Not for most (companies).

It's a psychological turn : the proof that competitors are at least as fragile as some pretend BlackBerry is/was (obviously isn't tough).
    It's a matter of trust. And I believe J.C did a lot in that area with his pragmatic view.
    07-10-14 11:13 AM
    I wish I had bought in when you did. Stupid internet wasnt working so I did it at work hence my sell goofup

Sorry, I have had Internet problems before and tried to do it on my phone quickly and screwed up big time. It is at the point where I carry my cellular iPad with me as it is much better to trade on.

I have put a stop in at 11.40 so I could be done for the day at any moment!

I would love to see $12 today!
    helopilot06 likes this.
    07-10-14 11:19 AM
    We can hope. But I don't think we will trend that far off the market baring some sort of positive news coming in unexpectedly. Its a bleak morning for most all of the market... but well see since we have been getting some upgrades! That's what makes trading so exciting
    BBRY 's beta is around 1.19, so everything being equal, should follow trend somehow.

Interesting to note the the beta was recently up from around 0.70 at some point. Surprising to say the least, knowing how speculated on a company BBRY really is.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by bizzarothor; 07-10-14 at 11:33 AM.
    07-10-14 11:23 AM
    I loled

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    07-10-14 11:26 AM

I can understand that, especially is your nickname is any hint of what your real job is. I did not even know you could surf the internet while driving a helicopter, let alone buying stocks! No wonder your hand slipped! Lol

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by bizzarothor; 07-10-14 at 11:58 AM.
    helopilot06 likes this.
    07-10-14 11:32 AM
    Warm up the bandwagon!

AOL CEO Tim Armstrong this week told CNBC that he still loves using his BlackBerry for work and he makes the best case we�ve heard for why businesspeople should stick with BlackBerry phones, even if they use phones from Apple and Samsung as well.

�The Samsung Note I have, and I have an iPhone also, they are excellent for me for Web viewing, entertainment, video, those type of things,� Armstrong told CNBC. �And I use those phones everyday. But BlackBerry for me is a utility. If you look around Sun Valley you see people who have to do a tremendous amount of work� on BlackBerrys.�
    Actually posted a video link to this yesterday. No one bothered.. lol
    07-10-14 11:35 AM
    I am starting to consider getting one to replace my Zed 10
    This should be a no brainer for any BBRY investor on this thread.

Reasoning is that not only can a new product help you personally, but as an investor, you are helping your own company sell, all the while you gain better perspective on what it is you own!

Anyway, that is what I tell my spouse and it works! Lol

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 11:41 AM
    OK, OUT at 11.44.

Lets see what tomorrow brings!
    tatail likes this.
    07-10-14 11:43 AM
    interesting reply to this article, looks like it is from the Forbes writer.

BlackBerry Goes Up On News Samsung Nixes Knox But... It's Too Good To Be True - BlackBerry Ltd. (NASDAQ:BBRY) | Seeking Alpha
    "By Bob Egan
    I saw Eon Kim's comment on twitter last night. It is not in the interest of anyone in the sales force to say anything different.

As regards my Forbes piece - it is well researched - anyone that knows me, knows it was not written in haste, nor w/o references and fact checking.

Sundar Pichai and his team at Google are taking on the responsibility for Android security. Sundar gets the enterprise market unlike Rubin who loathed it.
    Lest we not forget that Google and its partners are feeling the pressure on Android buying in the biz market.

Is this good for BlackBerry? I think it comes down to who can execute best, quickest.
    Android has no system of record for security. Samsung played its card with Safe, then Knox and got nowhere. Now Google is stepping up, but the release this fall looks the equivalent of Apples iOS 6 security..E.g.. It is going to take Google time. And they have a lot of eco-system politics to navigate.

In the meantime, BlackBerry is making the BES12 bet which looks far more robust and it is secure end to end. The question is whether they will in fact deliver the right product at the right time w/ the right distribution. Will see."

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-satemp.png

"Bob Egan
    Comments (58)| + Follow | Send Message
    I don't know who "The_C_Man" is but he's wrong.
    Samsung tried to bilk some hefty license fee's out of Google for whatever Knox IP it may use in the Android L. And if you think any of Google's partners jumped for joy over that proposition he/you are living in a fantasy....

Lest we keep in mind that Knox was already riddle with piece parts from 3rd parties...."
    Last edited by sidhuk; 07-10-14 at 01:49 PM. Reason: added more replies
    07-10-14 11:47 AM
    Boy do I ever need bbry to hit over 13$ now after that goof. Either mine or I need to make some more money to invest more haha.
    07-10-14 12:21 PM
    love the fat fingers comment! let's convince him to get a bb10 that take care of his fat fingers.
    interesting reply to this article, looks like it is from the Forbes writer.

BlackBerry Goes Up On News Samsung Nixes Knox But... It's Too Good To Be True - BlackBerry Ltd. (NASDAQ:BBRY) | Seeking Alpha
    "By Bob Egan
    I saw Eon Kim's comment on twitter last night. It is not in the interest of anyone in the sales force to say anything different.

As regards my Forbes piece - it is well researched - anyone that knows me, knows it was not written in haste, nor w/o references and fact checking.

Sundar Pichai and his team at Google are taking on the responsibility for Android security. Sundar gets the enterprise market unlike Rubin who loathed it.
    Lest we not forget that Google and its partners are feeling the pressure on Android buying in the biz market.

Is this good for BlackBerry? I think it comes down to who can execute best, quickest.
    Android has no system of record for security. Samsung played its card with Safe, then Knox and got nowhere. Now Google is stepping up, but the release this fall looks the equivalent of Apples iOS 6 security..E.g.. It is going to take Google time. And they have a lot of eco-system politics to navigate.

In the meantime, BlackBerry is making the BES12 bet which looks far more robust and it is secure end to end. The question is whether they will in fact deliver the right product at the right time w/ the right distribution. Will see."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	satemp.png 
Views:	957 
Size:	56.9 KB 
ID:	284273
    zyben, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    07-10-14 01:12 PM
    OK, OUT at 11.44.

Lets see what tomorrow brings!
    Nice purse.
    bungaboy, ibpluto, _dimi_ and 1 others like this.
    07-10-14 01:21 PM
    So, just an update on the IOT webinar from QNX this morning.

Looks like what most suspected; which is just a fulfillment of how QNX will tie into everything in life, and be able to be managed easily by qualified staff.

This is getting real interesting. Wondering how Google is going to react, as they started this thing. I see BlackBerry leap frogging here, but am still unsure as to who all the players will be.

Side thought:
    Anyone notice how CrackBerry pops news shortly after we blog about it here?
    (Psst! The watchers are watching)!
    07-10-14 01:27 PM

Side thought:
    Anyone notice how CrackBerry pops news shortly after we blog about it here?
    (Psst! The watchers are watching)!
    This is flattering to all the contributors on this thread, I for one, am certainly grateful for that.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 01:36 PM
113,256 ... 27182719272027212722 ...