View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    OT but related.

This is the second important headline today in all Germanys newspapers today (here a english source): Germany arrests second suspect accused of spying for US | World news | theguardian.com

After the NSA scandal (snowden, merkels phone) the US government has installed a spy in the NSA investigation cometee of the parlament and now, in our department of defence. To put it mildely, the german public is not amused. Not at all. It shows, that the US government is completely unbridled when it comes to data collection.

Put this together with the facts, that
    - the NSA assigns private companies to collect data (which are not controlled)
    - the NSA is the creator of KNOX
    - KNOX is part of Samsungs enterprise solution.

I think, right now, every government or company outside the US will look twice before they commit their communication solutions to google/KNOX or any other US based companies like Apple or Microsoft. As long as BlackBerry provides secure solutions, they should be the first choice.
    As much as I don't agree with all of the nsa's policies it always makes me laugh to see how upset people get over it. Every major country spies... no one else has been as publicly caught is the only separating factor. To think otherwise is just being na�ve.

On the topic though its a great plug for blackberry.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    Last edited by helopilot06; 07-09-14 at 10:17 AM.
    07-09-14 10:06 AM
    OT but related.

This is the second important headline today in all Germanys newspapers today (here a english source): Germany arrests second suspect accused of spying for US | World news | theguardian.com

After the NSA scandal (snowden, merkels phone) the US government has installed a spy in the NSA investigation cometee of the parlament and now, in our department of defence. To put it mildely, the german public is not amused. Not at all. It shows, that the US government is completely unbridled when it comes to data collection.

Put this together with the facts, that
    - the NSA assigns private companies to collect data (which are not controlled)
    - the NSA is the creator of KNOX
    - KNOX is part of Samsungs enterprise solution.

I think, right now, every government or company outside the US will look twice before they commit their communication solutions to google/KNOX or any other US based companies like Apple or Microsoft. As long as BlackBerry provides secure solutions, they should be the first choice.
    The US can not be trusted. Companies not using BlackBerry might as well just call us NSA and other US spy agencies and tell them what you are doing. The US seems to hate freedom and democracy and privacy

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 10:12 AM
    That is what happens when you vote and vote often! LOL!
    "

Could be the case, but anyway you look at it, it becomes free advertising for BlackBerry.
    Pocketnow is by far my favorite blog about mobile. It is thorough and non-biased IMO.
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    07-09-14 10:23 AM
    While we are waiting for new news on BlackBerry, John Chen has some breaking news of his own:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-mockit_09072014075813.jpg

I took it from the John Chen Memes, designed by yours truly.
    07-09-14 10:30 AM
    CEOs like me still love our BlackBerrys: AOL boss

AOL boss Tim Armstrong still loves his BlackBerry, and he told CNBC on Wednesday that other CEOs apparently do, too.
    http://www.cnbc.com/id/101822848?__s...e+still+love+o

Video:
    http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000291033
    Last edited by Corbu; 07-10-14 at 06:35 AM.
    sidhuk, Mr BBRY, zyben and 10 others like this.
    07-09-14 11:01 AM
    I really enjoyed this clip and thought I'd share. In my world, which is corporate NYC, this is spot on. Plain and simple, BlackBerry means BUSINESS! Even with all the talk of demise in the media, you look around any corporate board room and there are always a handful of execs with their BB's. I don't see this changing! Maybe soon enough we'll see a few Classics / Passports floating around (besides mine )!

AOL chief wishes Blackberry the best - CNBC
    helopilot06, Corbu, zyben and 6 others like this.
    07-09-14 11:04 AM
    CEOs like me still love our BlackBerrys: AOL boss

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101822848?__s...e+still+love+o

Video:
    [video]http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000291033[/url]
    LMAO... of course you beat me to it, CORBU! Well done!
    07-09-14 11:04 AM
    Beat me too. Had to type the thing out letter by letter on a faildroid... not easy haha

Mr BBRY, Corbu, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    07-09-14 11:05 AM
    Oh and by the way....

BlackBerry Limited (BBRY)
    -NasdaqGS Following
    11.39 Up 0.45(4.08%)

...and climbing!
    07-09-14 11:06 AM
    Climb baby climb!

Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140709_120906.jpg  
    07-09-14 11:09 AM
    Speaking of devices, anyone want to throw a guess out as to when we will see the next touchscreen device? I'm still on my Z10 and actually don't like the feel of the Z30 by comparison (fake aluminium on the bottom doesn't do it for me). I have zero interest in the Classic and am caught between buying a Passport (maybe), buying a slightly out of date by the fall Z30, and waiting for the next kicka$$ touchscreen...hmm...

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 11:10 AM
    LMAO... of course you beat me to it, CORBU! Well done!
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    07-09-14 11:11 AM
    Oh and by the way....

BlackBerry Limited (BBRY)
    -NasdaqGS Following
    11.39 Up 0.45(4.08%)

...and climbing!
    Great minds think alike? Lol first the article now the price haha

Corbu, Mr BBRY and sidhuk like this.
    07-09-14 11:11 AM
    Speaking of devices, anyone want to throw a guess out as to when we will see the next touchscreen device? I'm still on my Z10 and actually don't like the feel of the Z30 by comparison (fake aluminium on the bottom doesn't do it for me). I have zero interest in the Classic and am caught between buying a Passport (maybe), buying a slightly out of date by the fall Z30, and waiting for the next kicka$$ touchscreen...hmm...

Posted via CB10
    Well I consider the Passport a touch with value add (keyboard). If you are talking full touch, I would say that BlackBerry will leave that to Foxconn. Probably 2nd quarter of 2015

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 11:13 AM
    More from South Africa!

Students' first impressions of the NEW BlackBerry Z3 smartphone!

". . . That's a lot of inches man"
    07-09-14 11:13 AM
    I don't know if I have mentioned this before, but on a BB article at PhoneArena someone was trolling BB article. The person said that BlackBerry is like turtle while the competition is cheetah. I couldn't agree more, I replied that is very true indeed. A turtle live up to 200+ years while a cheetah lives only up to 20 years. Looking at the rate BlackBerry is climbing it is just confirming what I have said.

Ladies and Gents, introducing the all new BlackBerry, BlackBerry the Turtle, slow, steady, constant and determined..
    07-09-14 11:23 AM
    The first instance in history of an ostrich turning into a turtle...

Posted via CB10
    tatail and bizzarothor like this.
    07-09-14 11:25 AM
    If we can take out the 52 week closing high, we are clear to fill an enormous gap to $ 13.40/shr.
    "Launch control to major 8"

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    zyben, Mr BBRY and bungaboy like this.
    07-09-14 11:27 AM
    Getting scared and want to get out now while the getting is good. Hope for more, or take my latest $5400 gain and wait till it drops again!

Seems like about this time of the day it will start to retract!

What to do?
    07-09-14 11:28 AM
    Out at 11.39, not going to risk it and will buy another day.
    07-09-14 11:32 AM
    Observing the way JC is operating so for, IMO we may see a newest flagship touch screen device to be released at the same times as passport and classic, around the holiday season. Plus LTE Z3.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    Corbu, Mr BBRY, bungaboy and 3 others like this.
    07-09-14 11:35 AM
    I don't know if I have mentioned this before, but on a BB article at PhoneArena someone was trolling BB article. The person said that BlackBerry is like turtle while the competition is cheetah. I couldn't agree more, I replied that is very true indeed. A turtle live up to 200+ years while a cheetah lives only up to 20 years. Looking at the rate BlackBerry is climbing it is just confirming what I have said.

Ladies and Gents, introducing the all new BlackBerry, BlackBerry the Turtle, slow, steady, constant and determined..

The Hare and the Tortoise
    “A Hare one day ridiculed the short feet and slow pace of the Tortoise, who replied, laughing: “Though you be swift as the wind, I will beat you in a race.” The Hare, believing her assertion to be simply impossible, assented to the proposal; and they agreed that the Fox should choose the course and fix the goal. On the day appointed for the race the two started together. The Tortoise never for a moment stopped, but went on with a slow but steady pace straight to the end of the course. The Hare, lying down by the wayside, fell fast asleep. At last waking up, and moving as fast as he could, he saw the Tortoise had reached the goal, and was comfortably dozing after her fatigue.
    Slow but steady wins the race.”
    La Fontaine’s Fable:
    Rien ne sert de courir; il faut partir � point!
    Le li�vre et la tortue en sont un t�moignage.
    �Gageons, dit celle-ci, que vous n’atteindrez point
    Sit�t que moi ce but. – Sit�t? �tes-vous sage ?
    Repartit l’animal l�ger :
    Ma comm�re, il vous faut purger
    Avec quatre grains d’ell�bore.)
    – Sage ou non, je parie encore.”
    Ainsi fut fait; et de tous deux
    On mit pr�s du but les enjeux :
    Savoir quoi, ce n’est pas l’affaire,
    Ni de quel juge l’on convint.
    Notre li�vre n’avait que quatre pas � faire,
    J’entends de ceux qu’il fait lorsque, pr�t d’�tre atteint,
    Il s’�loigne des chiens, les renvoie aux calendes,
    Et leur fait arpenter les landes.
    Ayant, dis-je, du temps de reste pour brouter,
    Pour dormir et pour �couter
    D’o� vient le vent, il laisse la tortue
    Aller son train de s�nateur.
    Elle part, elle s’�vertue,
    Elle se h�te avec lenteur.
    Lui cependant m�prise une telle victoire,
    Tient la gageure � peu de gloire,
    Croit qu’il y a de son honneur
    De partir ****. Il broute, il se repose,
    Il s’amuse � toute autre chose
    Qu’� la gageure. A la fin, quand il vit
    Que l’autre touchait presque au bout de la carri�re,
    Il partit comme un trait; mais les �lans qu’il fit
    Furent vains : la tortue arriva la premi�re.
    “Eh bien! lui cria-t-elle, avais-je pas raison ?
    De quoi vous sert votre vitesse ?
    Moi l’emporter! et que serait-ce
    Si vous portiez une maison ?”

07-09-14 11:35 AM
    Hoping bbry is not ignoring the two year upgrade cycle for us z10 owners.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 11:39 AM
    Observing the way JC is operating so for, IMO we may see a newest flagship touch screen device to be released at the same times as passport and classic, around the holiday season. Plus LTE Z3.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    That would be great, but I do reckon we would have heard something by now...

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 11:40 AM
    Yes, I was expecting a 'new Z10' by around January - 2 years from when I bought this one.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 11:41 AM
113,256 ... 27122713271427152716 ...