View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Anyone notice how the naysayers have just disappeared? Seems odd.

Posted via CB10
    They are taking cover under the rocks from the blizzard called BlackBerry where they will hybrid until they have something to attack with.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    07-07-14 05:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    They'll be back on a BBRY down day, guaranteed.
    07-07-14 05:27 PM
    They'll be back on a BBRY down day, guaranteed.
    And we used to have an acronym for them. *ODD. LoL
    07-07-14 05:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    Especially that $c?$@#!? From iGBR. There have been so many positive Z3 stories, leaked passport photos, etc. Not a single article.

Instead we need to read 20 postings a day looking at iPhone leaked circuit boards and glass. Their foot is so far down his throat he can't get it out. Be a man, come out of the closet, and admit you were wrong

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 05:31 PM
    I love the long time engagement of this thread. References like this are super old but soooo many get it lol

Posted via CB10
    "Lucky" you remembered. Pretty good BBTrader. LoL
    07-07-14 05:32 PM
    One less Haligonian for Starbucks after mobile payment app hacked

BRUCE ERSKINE BUSINESS REPORTER
    Published July 7, 2014 - 6:42pm
    Last Updated July 7, 2014 - 6:55pm

One less Haligonian for Starbucks after mobile payment app hacked | The Chronicle Herald

A Halifax resident is “done with Starbucks” after she says the company has failed to compensate her after her mobile Starbucks iPhone app was hacked. (THE ASSOCIATED PRESS)

Lindsay Hiltz has given up Starbucks coffee, but not out of concerns about too much caffeine.

“I’m done with Starbucks,” the Halifax resident and longtime Starbucks customer said in an interview Monday.

Hiltz, who has had a Starbucks account since 2006, said her mobile Starbucks payment iPhone app was hacked in June and $225 in gift card purchases were made on the account that were subsequently applied to her Royal Bank credit card.

She said she contacted Starbucks after discovering the fraudulent charges and was told to cancel her credit card and open a dispute claim with the bank.

Hiltz said she did that but was told by her bank that since it was her Starbucks account that had been compromised, not her bank credit card account, that Starbucks was responsible for the losses.

She said the bank has offered to give a $100 credit to compensate for the runaround she has endured, but she believes Starbucks has a responsibility to pay her back.

“I think my money should have been returned to me.”

Hiltz said she asked Starbucks to provide her with a $225 gift card as compensation but was told that even if that was granted, she wouldn’t get the full amount of her loss.

Starbucks officials did not reply to requests for comment Monday.

Earlier this year, Starbucks updated its mobile payment iPhone app after security experts raised concerns that it was easy for hackers to access unencrypted customer password information and make unauthorized purchases with it.

Lori Smith, Royal Bank’s Atlantic Canada public affairs manager, said Monday the bank was sorry to hear a client was victimized by fraud through an external smartphone app.

“When it comes to banking, we see security as a shared responsibility between RBC and our clients and we offer them tools and information to protect themselves and their personal information,” Smith said in an email.

She said more banking security information can be found on the bank's website.

“Clients should regularly monitor their bank and credit card accounts and let us know right away of any unusual activity.

“It’s a good idea to regularly update your password and to choose one that is easy for you to remember but hard for others to guess.”
    ibpluto, zyben, neteng1000 and 5 others like this.
    07-07-14 05:49 PM
    "Lucky" you remembered. Pretty good BBTrader. LoL
    Bhahhaa...

Oops, sorry...carry on.

Eazzy Peazzy
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-07-14 06:05 PM
    Haters gonna hate, trolls going to troll but it looks like their modus operandi is like their BlackBerry stock holdings: SHORT.

And we see that's going nowhere!

I support BlackBerry and I buy LONG shares!

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 06:26 PM
    Morgan, just curious with TA do we always need to fall back to fill that gap or is it possible to have it remain open and the stock continues up?
    Korepab likes this.
    07-07-14 07:33 PM
    I love the long time engagement of this thread. References like this are super old but soooo many get it lol

Posted via CB10
    I've heard this is mainly due to the price if oil in Czechoslovakia.

Dominate the MCAT C0012A8A6
    07-07-14 07:44 PM
    Dude is that you?
    07-07-14 08:18 PM
    Bhahaha...Dude.

Sorry... :/

Bhahaha

Eazzy Peazzy
    sidhuk, cjcampbell, dusdal and 3 others like this.
    07-07-14 09:10 PM
    07-07-14 09:10 PM
    First off, Gold Sachs owes us an apology for dogging us.

We'll accept the apology if they up our rating to strong buy. Then, convert to full BES.
    Last edited by Bacon Munchers; 07-07-14 at 10:10 PM.
    07-07-14 09:56 PM
    I hope shorts are piling on right now to make the squeeze even sweeter.

Posted via CB10
    The 'S' word is one that must be voted upon first by the elders of the thread, and must never be used otherwise, lest we forget that day....

That said, all in favor?

I.

. There you go CJ, a nostalgic reference for your fodder, mate.
    07-07-14 10:05 PM
    One less Haligonian for Starbucks after mobile payment app hacked

BRUCE ERSKINE BUSINESS REPORTER
    Published July 7, 2014 - 6:42pm
    Last Updated July 7, 2014 - 6:55pm

One less Haligonian for Starbucks after mobile payment app hacked | The Chronicle Herald

A Halifax resident is �done with Starbucks� after she says the company has failed to compensate her after [B]her mobile Starbucks iPhone app was hacked.... ��

OT!

Tragic.
    At the risk of sounding rude; serves her right for supporting swill coffee.

Dusdal: am I right?
    Guys, check out his coffee channel....
    dusdal, bungaboy, Corbu and 2 others like this.
    07-07-14 10:09 PM
    I had trouble understanding what was so great about Internet of Everything but the more I realize that it has less to do with the consumer segment the more I am realizing that this is going to be huge in cutting costs in the enterprise. In hospitals alone, data will be aggregated directly from the proper devices and less time has to be spent on data collection from multiple devices in order to draw a final picture. Less staff is needed for that alone. Not to mention that staff doesn't have to spend time walking from room to room.

Patients should have RFID tags that enabled devices can recognize so that the map from machine to human is error proof. Might as well remove the human factor from the mapping of each machine to each patient since machines can be moved from room to room.
    So this is what they've been up too since I've been gone... NIce!
    07-07-14 10:51 PM
    Would be nice to hear a TA update from the threads favorite M+8

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 10:54 PM
    Not too old, but If this chart is correct for South Africa, The Z3 launch may make a tangible splash:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-smartphone-installed-base-deloitte-digital-january-2014.jpg

What's up with Symbian over there!?

http://www.2oceansvibe.com/2014/03/0...-south-africa/
    07-07-14 11:16 PM
    OT!

Tragic.
    At the risk of sounding rude; serves her right for supporting swill coffee.

Dusdal: am I right?
    Guys, check out his coffee channel....
    Haha saved me a shameless plug, cheers!

Dominate the MCAT C0012A8A6
    bungaboy, Shanerredflag and zyben like this.
    07-07-14 11:25 PM
    Sorry if posted already : Q&A: Matthew Talbot on BlackBerry, Emerging Technology and The Future of Mobile Payments | Inside BlackBerry

The main focus for me right now is around how we continue to build and monetise Blackberry Messenger (BBM). BBM is an amazing asset, and since opening it up across platform and introducing iPhone and Android last October, we have seen incredible growth. The next platform coming shortly is Windows Phone. Over the last few months we’ve added additional value to the consumer outside of just the communication tools of text and voice, and introduced a “content” shop and BBM channels, which you’ll continue to see innovation around as well as mobile payments—similar to what we launched with BBM Money in Indonesia.
    MT: While I can neither confirm nor deny any pending rollout of BBM Money, I can say that BlackBerry has built its reputation on its secure, private operating system that can comply with government regulations. For that reason, it’s a perfect fit for mobile financial services. And BBM, which combines that secure BlackBerry foundation with millions of devoted users, is, by extension a perfect fit for peer-to-peer money transfer.
    yum-yum ...
    georg4BB, bungaboy, rarsen and 6 others like this.
    07-08-14 05:03 AM
    Cue the AC/DC, it’s time to get “Back in Black.”
    Loved it
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/back-b...202130115.html

and, of course ...
    bungaboy, lech31, rarsen and 5 others like this.
    07-08-14 05:15 AM
    Let's not be fooled in here by the BBM PR out there...

We all love BBM, but it STILL doesn't work properly for iOS, and the comment about incredible growth is just a barefaced lie. We should all be looking forward to the day when BBMx, and it's business focused aspects are all up and running smoothly, but we certainly aren't there yet.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-14 05:22 AM
    If I refer to J.C re/code interview, the "incredible growth" refers to specific areas ("S.A, Indonesia, Malaisia, Brazil" namely) and Android phones. He aknowledged that nor N.A than IP users were included. Yet peer to peer monetization is particulary interesting in these areas (usage) and platform (security).
    rarsen, bungaboy, Corbu and 4 others like this.
    07-08-14 06:42 AM
    Speaking of blackberry haters.
    Next big hate is passport which has surpassed BBM hate.
    http://m.techradar.com/news/phone-an...c=rss&attr=all

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    bungaboy, rarsen, Corbu and 5 others like this.
    07-08-14 06:44 AM
113,256 ... 27082709271027112712 ...