View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    07-07-14 01:25 PM
    This is the second time I get beaten today...

No, Volkswagen Deal Does NOT Include Any of our QNX Team

BlackBerry Fact Check: QNX Not Part of Volkswagen Deal | Inside BlackBerry
    zyben, sidhuk, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    07-07-14 01:26 PM
    The Times They Are A Changin?

Fourth SA article just today...

BlackBerry's Current Asset Management Bodes Well For The Future - BlackBerry Ltd. (NASDAQ:BBRY) | Seeking Alpha

FWIW, per usual.

But this comment is worth a smile:

Where were these Johnny Come Lately's 3 months ago? 6 months ago? Haha. Better late than never.
    07-07-14 01:27 PM
    No, Volkswagen Deal Does NOT Include Any of our QNX Team

BlackBerry Fact Check: QNX Not Part of Volkswagen Deal | Inside BlackBerry
    So just the facility only?

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 01:29 PM
    Background information, from Jakarta Globe:

Indonesia’s Lasting Love for Mobile Phones | The Jakarta Globe

The dawn of mobile connectivity that offered Internet access also brought the ascension of smartphones in Indonesian culture.

“As for the smartphone revolution, the answer is pretty easy: it was BlackBerry that kick-started the entire thing,” Aulia said. “The BlackBerry was the status symbol for the haves, never mind that they could only use it for voice calls and SMS due to the non-existence of BlackBerry data plans.”

BlackBerry, once a giant in the smartphone industry, has fallen on hard times as CEOs have departed and profits fall. After years of neglecting its overwhelming popularity in Indonesia, to the point where the Indonesian government threatened to levy sanctions after an outage that left Indonesian BlackBerry Messenger users fuming in 2013, Blackberry is looking to capitalize on its South Asian popularity.

The Jakarta, as it’s been nicknamed, officially the Z3, is the first ever smartphone targeted at the Indonesian market by a major mobile phone maker. Retailing at Rp 2.2 million ($185), the Jakarta phone is hoping to undercut the competition while capitalizing on its strong brand to help BlackBerry get back in the black. “It’s a last-ditch effort for BlackBerry,” Hemming said.

In laser-lit clubs where young Indonesians flock to flaunt their wealth, like the glitzy Dragonfly club in Jakarta, the gold-tinged iPhone 5S is the ultimate status symbol. The latest and greatest model of the iPhone costs more than twice the average monthly office worker’s salary.

“In the past a young adult starting to smoke was a symbol of adulthood; now owning a smartphone is more of a symbol than smoking,” Hemming said. “People will go to great lengths to get the latest and greatest smartphones, they make sacrifices in terms of clothing, cigarettes and transportation.”

Indonesians have even christened the smartphone phenomenon with it’s own slang: gengsi , a word that describes someone who needs to own the latest gadget at all costs and be able to flaunt it.
    And this, which was news to me:

Jakarta is the world capital of Twitter — no other city is more active on the social media platform. The nation’s capital makes up 2.4 percent of Twitter’s entire traffic.
    sidhuk, zyben, bungaboy and 6 others like this.
    07-07-14 01:36 PM
    So just the facility only?

Posted via CB10
    According to the statement it's facility and employees. Neither were part of QNX:

The facts are that employees and R&D assets involved in this agreement have only ever supported BlackBerry product efforts. BlackBerry did not issue any communications about QNX involvement in this transaction – as they are not involved.
    07-07-14 01:40 PM
    According to the statement it's facility and employees. Neither were part of QNX:

The facts are that employees and R&D assets involved in this agreement have only ever supported BlackBerry product efforts. BlackBerry did not issue any communications about QNX involvement in this transaction – as they are not involved.
    still not understanding why our friend TranscendAsset picked on it?
    07-07-14 01:49 PM
    Well well...that's a shadowy gain from a shadowy past eh boys. Who was is that said NO...NO WAY to a recovery? LOL....

Nice content today...thanks to all who provided

Eazzy Peazzy
    07-07-14 01:53 PM
    On Mobile Iron:

I haven't yet spent the time analyzing it but it seems to me this should be of interest to us:
    MobileIron Rising: Underwriters Unanimous with Buy Rating on Corporate Software Upstart - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com
    Shanerredflag and zyben like this.
    07-07-14 01:59 PM
    On Mobile Iron:

I haven't yet spent the time analyzing it but it seems to me this should be of interest to us:
    MobileIron Rising: Underwriters Unanimous with Buy Rating on Corporate Software Upstart - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com
    LoL. they lost money this year and are perdicted to loose money for atleast next 3 years.
    07-07-14 02:02 PM
    Attachment 283609

happy happy happy
    I'm liking the PlayBook screenshot! Sort of nostalgic for me since I only browse with my Z30 these days. But a great tablet for a great day of SP action nonetheless!
    07-07-14 02:10 PM
    Looks like resistance might be $11.30 ish.
    07-07-14 02:13 PM
    I'm liking the PlayBook screenshot! Sort of nostalgic for me since I only browse with my Z30 these days. But a great tablet for a great day of SP action nonetheless!
    haha I haven't been able to afford a bb phone yet so its my way of supporting my favorite company lol.
    07-07-14 02:20 PM
    Sell now or wait? hmmm
    07-07-14 02:22 PM
    Ladies and Gentlemen we are approaching the last hour of today's entertainment.
    So, I have to ask. Let me hear it if you guys had fun today. Likes = YES..
    Oh but don't worry, we have after hours too..
    07-07-14 02:23 PM
    Sell now or wait? hmmm
    I would say wait, what happened today was a lot of credit was given to MOBL for BlackBerry's stock rise.
    That means all the BlackBerry good news have not reached the masses.. Hold on till tomorrow when market is green and watch this bad boy bring you green grass..
    07-07-14 02:25 PM
    Well well...that's a shadowy gain from a shadowy past eh boys. Who was is that said NO...NO WAY to a recovery? LOL....

Nice content today...thanks to all who provided

Eazzy Peazzy
    I love the long time engagement of this thread. References like this are super old but soooo many get it lol

Posted via CB10
    Sell now or wait? hmmm
    It "should" drop to fill that channel...but who knows with this thing? Good Luck with your decision.

Eazzy Peazzy
    zyben and sidhuk like this.
    I definitely wanna add more to what I already have, sometime soon, very soon.

Exciting times for BlackBerry ahead, I must say. The market perception is turning (public perception still needs work), devices are coming soon, 10.3 and 10.3.1 shall be fantastic, the health care market is ripe for BlackBerry to take on.
    07-07-14 02:54 PM
    This one is for future reference. The day we saw the light, again.
    Keep climbing, Babe.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140707_220213.png

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 03:03 PM
    On Mobile Iron:

The underwriters are the ones responsible for getting the initial float out. They are publicity machines.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 03:15 PM
    I hope shorts are piling on right now to make the squeeze even sweeter.

Posted via CB10
    helopilot06 and georg4BB like this.
    07-07-14 03:19 PM
    07-07-14 03:19 PM
    I am expecting lots of organized bashing of passport in the very near future. it might even have started. the good thing is that blackberry makes "many different kinds" of phones so the argument of bashing passport, cause it is bad/ugly phone, hence blackberry will go out of business doesn't hold water. the funny thing is that these bashers haven't even used or seen the phone but yet they are giving guarantees that this phone will make blackberry go out of business is priceless.
    I know that I am going to buy passport as soon as it is available.
    07-07-14 04:27 PM
    Anyone notice how the naysayers have just disappeared? Seems odd.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 04:52 PM
113,256 ... 27072708270927102711 ...