View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    FWIW:

Blackberry�€™s Z3 may not fire in India�€”but then it may not need to | ZDNet

"Instead, the phone is now being sold for Rs 15,999 in India (US$266) which makes it difficult for any sane Indian to contemplate seriously."

I know nothing about the Indian market and BBRY's pricing strategy there. I have a bit of a hard time with this argument, however. If BBRY does indeed have a solid following in India, would those customers not still be tempted to buy the Z3? Is 30% more than a mythical $200 barrier that strong an obstacle to its success? I am not convinced the BBRY customers will be tempted to go elsewhere on price alone. But that's just me.

In other news, quite happy with the progressive rollouts with Hong Kong and South Africa being the latest stops. Nigeria next, I would suspect prior to moving over to South America and Mexico... Keep pressing ahead!
    Quite the Drama "sane Indian". LoL
    Corbu, rarsen, zyben and 2 others like this.
    07-03-14 11:52 AM
    FWIW:

Blackberry’s Z3 may not fire in India—but then it may not need to | ZDNet

I know nothing about the Indian market and BBRY's pricing strategy there. I have a bit of a hard time with this argument, however. If BBRY does indeed have a solid following in India, would those customers not still be tempted to buy the Z3? Is 30% more than a mythical $200 barrier that strong an obstacle to its success? I am not convinced the BBRY customers will be tempted to go elsewhere on price alone. But that's just me.

In other news, quite happy with the progressive rollouts with Hong Kong and South Africa being the latest stops. Nigeria next, I would suspect prior to moving over to South America and Mexico... Keep pressing ahead!
    All this is BS. If the word gets around about the best reception, battery life, speakers and the keyboard then extra money is not an issue. These guys don't know a thing about that market. May be at this point blackberry doesn't want to sell it like hot cakes? As long as blackberry leaves more money on the table for the retailers, the phone should just do fine.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    bungaboy, Corbu, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    07-03-14 12:17 PM
    And now a word from our sponsor . . . . to be followed by snide, cheap shots.
    Are you not surposed to copy and paste something to be witty here!

Just because you could not get out if you had too! LOL!
    07-03-14 12:26 PM
    Truer words were never drawn! Baaa, Baaa, Baaa

Attachment 282616
    Reminds me of a vid I saw a long time ago. nothing to do with BB, but funny nonetheless.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! ?
    07-03-14 01:38 PM
    BlackBerry sells off German product development centre - The Globe and Mail

BlackBerry Ltd. has quietly struck a deal to sell a German research facility as the company continues to streamline its operations.

Volkswagen Infotainment, a newly-formed division of Volkswagen Group focused on developing in-car connectivity technologies, announced on Canada Day it would take over BlackBerry’s research and development centre in Bochum, Germany. The companies did not disclose financial terms for the deal, but say it will shift about 200 BlackBerry employees to Volkswagen.

BlackBerry said in an emailed statement Thursday the agreement with Volkswagen is part of the company’s “ongoing efforts to return to profitability in [its 2016 fiscal year].”

Under the leadership of new chief executive John Chen, Waterloo, Ont.-based Blackberry aims to remake itself as an enterprise-focused company and has taken steps to outsource many of its consumer-driven operations.

Last December, the company struck a deal with Taiwanese manufacturer Foxconn to develop some of its consumer handsets. In June, Mr. Chen announced a licensing deal to bring Amazon’s mobile app store to BlackBerry smartphones.

“I love [the Amazon deal] because I don’t have to spend the money on the consumer side,” Mr. Chen said last month. “I could focus on my enterprise side.”

Mr. Chen has also said he sees great potential for revenue growth from BlackBerry’s QNX software division, which provides the type of machine-to-machine communication services that are expected to power the so-called internet of things.

QNX, the Ottawa-based subsidiary BlackBerry acquired in 2010, has developed a particular specialty around its software platform for in-car connectivity and has increasingly centralized most of that development in Ottawa.

Colin Gillis, BGC Financial senior technology analyst, said he doesn’t see the move to sell its German facility as a sign BlackBerry is reducing its focus on the auto sector but rather that it is looking for efficiencies as it works to stop burning cash every quarter.

“Being a niche player means centralizing your assets,” he said in an interview Thursday. “You don’t need a centre in Germany – focus on Ottawa because there’s duplication there anyways.”

BlackBerry first announced plans for the German research facility in 2008, saying at the time it would make an initial investment of $45-million (U.S.) and employ 140 workers to start but could expand to up to 500 jobs over time. It was the company’s first research and development centre outside of Ontario.

The company said in its emailed statement that Volkswagen Infotainment will assume the related leasing obligations of the offices and laboratories of the product development centre in Bochum, which is in northwestern Germany.
    bungaboy, zyben, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    07-03-14 01:40 PM
    OT: A guy has to eat, and a well fed investor is a happy one...even when down

I bought one of these solely because I LOVE the Kickstarter program and these guys did an awesome job. I can confirm they work FANTASTIC...129.00 at London Drugs in Canada...worth every penny
    Corbu, rarsen, bungaboy and 8 others like this.
    07-03-14 03:51 PM

I bought one of these solely because I LOVE the Kickstarter program and these guys did an awesome job. I can confirm they work FANTASTIC...129.00 at London Drugs in Canada...worth every penny
    Could I borrow yours to try it out before I buy one?
    zyben and Shanerredflag like this.
    07-03-14 04:09 PM
    This is afterhours OT, but contributed a photo to another CB site. Taken with a Midnight sun from hotel window using my Z10, while on business trip in central Norway in mid-June, 2014. You know BB shareholders will at times work quite late, occasionally not stopping till after sundown.

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...l#post10548340
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140616_000640.jpg
    07-03-14 04:20 PM

This is so cool, I make my own pizza on a pizza stone on the Bbq all the time! Will definitely have to buy one.

Sent using my ? Z30
    07-03-14 04:42 PM
    Could I borrow yours to try it out before I buy one?
    If you get over here quick enough I'll feed ya some and give you a beer.

Just put it on the grill

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140703_152446.jpg

Eazzy Peazzy
    07-03-14 04:49 PM
    Double post
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    07-03-14 04:50 PM
    This is so cool, I make my own pizza on a pizza stone on the Bbq all the time! Will definitely have to buy one.

Sent using my ? Z30
    Awesome...you won't be disappointed. I live/love to see people with little means but lots of drive succeed. I was one once (still am, but at least we can eat regularly now) and often contribute a bit here and there to the Kickstarter program. Nice to see a great idea feed (punny eh) the small guys n gals.

Eazzy Peazzy
    Corbu, bungaboy, zyben and 2 others like this.
    07-03-14 04:59 PM
    07-03-14 05:31 PM
    07-03-14 06:03 PM
    I would have asked him what device do your parents use. BlackBerry is not that popular in Australia so the only way his parents have mobile banking apps installed on their phone is because they have the iToy or Maldroid. Unless they have installed Amazon app store and loading apps through that which is quite a few steps and we know how old people sometimes find technology complicated. So the last possibility is crossed out.

My conclusion his parents are using the iToy, not happy with Mr. Mathew Talbot.

Am I taking things too serious?

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 likes this.
    07-03-14 06:19 PM
    I would have asked him what device do your parents use. BlackBerry is not that popular in Australia so the only way his parents have mobile banking apps installed on their phone is because they have the iToy or Maldroid. Unless they have installed Amazon app store and loading apps through that which is quite a few steps and we know how old people sometimes find technology complicated. So the last possibility is crossed out.

My conclusion his parents are using the iToy, not happy with Mr. Mathew Talbot.

Am I taking things too serious?

Posted via CB10
    Post that question to the blog...see what he says.

Eazzy Peazzy
    bungaboy and tatail like this.
    07-03-14 06:21 PM
    hahaha I should do that..

But, I don't think I would do that.
    Here is why.
    If he does respond to my question then he wouldn't want to lie about it because it would give bad impression to those who know what his parents use. On other hand, if he responds and says my parents use the iToy then it is free advertisement for the competition.
    Worst case it ruins Mathews position as a Senior Vice President..

Ah,, too much to think about.. lol
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    07-03-14 08:16 PM
    BlackBerry and Nanthealth to Launch Connected Healthcare Service in India

http://berryflow.com/2014/07/blackbe...service-india/

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 09:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    Looking forward to this relationship very much

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 09:12 PM
    All this is BS. If the word gets around about the best reception, battery life, speakers and the keyboard then extra money is not an issue. These guys don't know a thing about that market. May be at this point blackberry doesn't want to sell it like hot cakes? As long as blackberry leaves more money on the table for the retailers, the phone should just do fine.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    India has one of the largest middle-classes in the world, which is the only reason why I can think of that BlackBerry would price as such. It does though seem a but tacky that price fluctuations are as big as they are.
    Well, in a Month, if not sooner, we will know if the strategy took.

May just prove to be the biggest seller in BlackBerry history(?) Anyone want to guess how many units that would be??
    07-04-14 01:22 AM
    Great...no...Fantastic review out of India:
    http://m.tech.firstpost.com/news-ana...es-226812.html

Eazzy Peazzy
    bungaboy, rarsen, smart548 and 7 others like this.
    07-04-14 06:33 AM
    By reading the comments it is evident that Trolls are a worldwide phenomenon!

BTW it is a "sponsored" article FWIW.
    07-04-14 06:49 AM
    By reading the comments it is evident that Trolls are a worldwide phenomenon!

BTW it is a "sponsored" article FWIW.
    Maybe there is such a thing as a "sponsored troll" :P

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 07:02 AM
    As a matter of fact, I am seeing mostly positive reviews on the Z3 compared to the North American market. I wouldn't go as far as saying it's treading on Twitter, but I am seeing a considerable amount of buzz and overall great reviews

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 07:05 AM

Posted via CB10
    This is what investors ignore. They need to stop focusing on smartphones. This is why I invest in bbry. I might even buy more stock based on this news.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 08:58 AM
113,256 ... 27022703270427052706 ...