View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/2297...errys-qnx-team

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    tatail, Mr BBRY, bungaboy and 6 others like this.
    07-03-14 12:21 AM
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/2297...errys-qnx-team

Very interesting read, some very interesting points were brought up.
    And some very positive comments too.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY, bungaboy, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    07-03-14 12:59 AM
    So far I know, the german team at Bochum was a R+D team, responsible more for hardware. The 9900 was developed in bochum AFAIK. While QNX is located in Canada (?) I don't think, the VW deal has anything to do with QNX.
    IMHO, the VW deal is more the result of the Foxconn partnership - BB is able to shrink R+D now to reduce costs.
    07-03-14 03:02 AM
    The latest run of BB seems scary.. Hope it is not pump and dump by shorts. I expect bit of pull back within next few days including attempt to fill the gaps. Your thoughts ?
    07-03-14 03:43 AM
    The latest run of BB seems scary.. Hope it is not pump and dump by shorts. I expect bit of pull back within next few days including attempt to fill the gaps. Your thoughts ?
    I am betting on a pull back, too.
    Just hope I am not too late to do it this morning.
    I am going to take my latest "winnings" and stand clear for a while.
    07-03-14 05:45 AM
    Truer words were never drawn! Baaa, Baaa, Baaa

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-app-gap.jpg
    07-03-14 06:04 AM
    Seems like we've got a Golden Cross starting today or tomorrow.

I'm not worried about a downward correction at this point.

It seems perfectly timed to allow for a major rally on the TSX tomorrow, which will drag the stock upwards kicking and screaming for Monday's session.
    07-03-14 06:39 AM
    On VW taking BBRY's Research Facility in Bochum.

From VW:

Wolfsburg, 2014-07-01
    Volkswagen broadens its expertise in the field of connectivity
    Volkswagen Infotainment GmbH founded in Wolfsburg
    The Volkswagen Group is taking over BlackBerry's European research and development centre in Bochum (Germany). With the newly founded Volkswagen Infotainment GmbH, the Wolfsburg-based automotive group is further expanding its expertise and capabilities in the field of vehicle connectivity.

With its objective of interlinking vehicles and the surrounding world, the field of 'connectivity' forms a focal point of research and development within the Volkswagen Group that has seen rapid growth in recent years. New strategies and innovations are needed in order that interlinking driver and automobile with the infrastructure can be further optimised.

The exchange of information between vehicle and mobile devices, such as MP3 players, smart phones and car keys, is already taking place today. In the near future further forms of communication will become equally established: communication between vehicle and the driver's home or office; communication between vehicle and filling stations, parking spaces and road infrastructure (car-to-X communication); and ultimately also from vehicle to vehicle (car-to-car communication). It will be possible in this way to provide drivers with very prompt information of any hold-ups or obstructions.

Dr. Heinz-Jakob Neu�er, Member of the Board of Management Volkswagen Brand for the Development Division, explains: "Connectivity will be a key feature of the car of the future. Many customers are expecting connected vehicles of a new dimension in terms of convenience and road safety. Around the globe, our customers' aspirations will change rapidly, leading to shortened cycles of innovation for systems and functions. In order to be able to meet these challenges it is necessary for us to broaden and expand our options through additional know-how."
    07-03-14 07:27 AM
    Headfake in the pm.

Bears may try to pull this back down today, but they've got their work cut out for them.
    07-03-14 07:28 AM
    From our friends at BerryMe.

My own quick translation:

Volkswagen announced yesterday that it will completely take over Blackberry PDC in Bochum. The development center with its approximately 200 employees was instrumental in the development of many BlackBerry smartphones. For instance, this is where the very popular 9700 was developed. Among the special skills of the PDC include the low-level software and hardware development and antenna technology. This will be one of the areas of development which Volkswagen will now be involved in. With other automobile manufacturers and corporations having starting a few years ago to involve themselves with the implementation of online services in vehicles, the Volkswagen Group can now further optimize in this regard. However, as the perspective of future mobility with networked vehicles or objects makes it clear, such skills are more in more in the focus of traditional automobile manufacturers. Thus, the newly formed Volkswagen infotainment GmbH composed of the former Blackberry employees will from now work on the latest achievements in hardware and software.

This is good news for the employees. There are social aspects with a global corporation like Volkswagen taking over such a site. After the sale of the facility from Nokia to BlackBerry and BlackBerry's plan to bring additional development partners on board with Foxconn, further restructuring measures would have been probably inevitable. The staff is now ready for the exciting challenge involved in shaping a development group as a completely independent company.

But what does this mean now for BlackBerry? As a consequence of the development partnership with Foxconn and the reduction of the device portfolio, it is an understandable first step. From now on, high-end smartphone like Passport or Classic will be developed, but just in Canada. For the development of low-cost smartphones for price-sensitive markets, the relationship with Foxconn will probably be expanded. We are curious as to when we can expect more than the Z3 LTE phones out of the hands of Foxconn. For the BlackBerry buyer, therefore, little will change, except for the already known fact that you will have less equipment alternatives to choose from.
    rarsen, sidhuk, bungaboy and 5 others like this.
    07-03-14 07:33 AM

It seems perfectly timed to allow for a major rally on the TSX tomorrow, which will drag the stock upwards kicking and screaming for Monday's session.
    As long as it jumps up to 15$ lol

Sent from my pos android phone pending a BlackBerry upgrade.
    07-03-14 07:34 AM

totally agree. US markets close at 1pm today and closed tomorrow for the holiday
    07-03-14 07:49 AM
    More on the VW story, from BerryFlow, what is reportedly a confirmation from BBRY:

“In support of our ongoing efforts to return to profitability in FY16, we can confirm that BlackBerry has signed an agreement with Volkswagen Infotainment GmbH, a Volkswagen AG subsidiary, to transfer the R&D assets related to the BlackBerry Product Development Center in Bochum. Subject to the satisfactory completion of information and consultation requirements, approximately two hundred (200) employees will transfer and become employees of Volkswagen Infotainment GmbH. In addition, Volkswagen Infotainment GmbH will assume related relevant leasing obligations of the offices and laboratories at the Bochum University Center and the Design Support Lab. We are grateful to our employees in Bochum for their commitment and contributions to the many successful products they designed and delivered over the past years and are confident that Volkswagen Infotainment GmbH will provide them with a new exciting working environment.“
    200 BlackBerry Employees in Bochum Will Transfer to Volkswagen Infotainment -

Props to BF
    07-03-14 08:47 AM
    More on the VW story, from BerryFlow, what is reportedly a confirmation from BBRY:

200 BlackBerry Employees in Bochum Will Transfer to Volkswagen Infotainment -

Props to BF
    the onslaught towards profitability continues
    zyben and Shanerredflag like this.
    07-03-14 09:06 AM
    BBRY $10.6816 LoL HFT or what?
    zyben, sidhuk and Shanerredflag like this.
    07-03-14 09:18 AM
    http://m.techradar.com/news/software...c=rss&attr=all

rarsen, georg4BB, bungaboy and 5 others like this.
    07-03-14 09:28 AM
    Android Remote Access Trojan takes malware 'to a new level' | TechRadar

Thanks.

"Android Remote Access Trojan takes malware 'to a new level'

A real RAT

A new breed of RAT has emerged according to security experts Fireeye, one that could bring havoc to our banking services.

Remote Access Tools (or RAT) on Android are nothing new but a new one called HijackRat goes further than its predecessors

Under the package name com.II and appearing as Google Service Framework, it can transmit your details, steal your money and carry out other malicious tasks in the background, anonymously and remotely.
    07-03-14 09:57 AM
    Seems like we have stalled our upward climb today. Im ok with it so long as it doesnt result in a major pull back

07-03-14 10:11 AM
    So far I know, the german team at Bochum was a R+D team, responsible more for hardware. The 9900 was developed in bochum AFAIK. While QNX is located in Canada (?) I don't think, the VW deal has anything to do with QNX.
    IMHO, the VW deal is more the result of the Foxconn partnership - BB is able to shrink R+D now to reduce costs.
    I too am mystified about this.
    Our friend Transcend Assets is asking all the right questions here.
    One indicator though will be how the market reacts today. The short interest does not surprise me in the least, because everyone knows that after such a big run, we are bound for some correction. Question is, in 2 weeks, will the short interest go back down.

Let's give the Trump card to Chen et. al. for now and say that he made a positive move on our virtual stock Chess board.
    bungaboy, zyben, Mr BBRY and 1 others like this.
    07-03-14 10:15 AM
    Seems like we have stalled our upward climb today. Im ok with it so long as it doesnt result in a major pull back

Yep, I leaped out at 10.68, got a bad feeling for the rest of the day. It was quite profitable the last week so I am happy but would have loved to seen $11 !!!
    07-03-14 10:40 AM
    Yep, I leaped out at 10.68, got a bad feeling for the rest of the day. It was quite profitable the last week so I am happy but would have loved to seen $11 !!!
    I am really tempted to do the same.. I have held for more than a year now, and over time have kept adding.

I had planned to take a break 11 and buy back at 10 or whenever opportunity came.
    07-03-14 10:55 AM
    And now a word from our sponsor . . . . to be followed by snide, cheap shots.
    07-03-14 11:25 AM
    And now a word from our sponsor . . . . to be followed by snide, cheap shots.

Wait a minute ..... the stock has climbed 50% plus in the past 5 weeks and today it is down 4 pennies and it's a pre-holiday shorted trading session and ......................... I'm sure there are many more reasons to be nervous. Oh boy.
    Corbu, Mr BBRY, sidhuk and 15 others like this.
    07-03-14 11:31 AM
    Wait a minute ..... the stock has climbed 50% plus in the past 5 weeks and today it is down 4 pennies and it's a pre-holiday shorted trading session and ......................... I'm sure there are many more reasons to be nervous. Oh boy.
    And I may be allergic to selfish,, did I say fish in a shell?
    Hahahaha.
    Some people just never satisfied.

07-03-14 11:41 AM
    FWIW:

Blackberry’s Z3 may not fire in India—but then it may not need to | ZDNet

... As I've written on this blog before, Blackberry has always had a devout following in India, as it has in other parts of the world (Almost down and out in India, BlackBerry brings in the Z3 | ZDNet).

[...]

The problem, it turned out, was that familiar Blackberry bogey—the price. We thought that the Z3 would hit shelves at around Rs 12,000 (US$200) which would have made it pretty competitive and on par with its Indonesian price tag. Instead, the phone is now being sold for Rs 15,999 in India (US$266) which makes it difficult for any sane Indian to contemplate seriously.
    I know nothing about the Indian market and BBRY's pricing strategy there. I have a bit of a hard time with this argument, however. If BBRY does indeed have a solid following in India, would those customers not still be tempted to buy the Z3? Is 30% more than a mythical $200 barrier that strong an obstacle to its success? I am not convinced the BBRY customers will be tempted to go elsewhere on price alone. But that's just me.

In other news, quite happy with the progressive rollouts with Hong Kong and South Africa being the latest stops. Nigeria next, I would suspect prior to moving over to South America and Mexico... Keep pressing ahead!
    bungaboy, Mr BBRY, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    07-03-14 11:45 AM
113,256 ... 27012702270327042705 ...