View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    You can loose 100% of it if the timing doesn't work out.

If BBRY gets over $13 in the next month you'll make money. It's alot to explain. I have to do some things then I'll get long winded.

Yup. That's the only thing I knew. I was willing to loss it all. Took a gamble.

The options were 1.59 each. It came out to 1590+20 fees. At that time, I think the stock was trading around 11-11.50

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    07-01-14 11:50 PM
    Yup. That's the only thing I knew. I was willing to loss it all. Took a gamble.

The options were 1.59 each. It came out to 1590+20 fees. At that time, I think the stock was trading around 11-11.50

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    Canadian or US dollars and when did you buy them? February time frame?

OK, those are 2016 options. Just keep an eye on the bid.ask. It's all you can really do.

I hate to tell you this but you should read up on what marked to market accounting is for your tax purposes. These rules apply to options even though I think it is stupid that they do. I just close out options positions at years end usually.
    07-02-14 12:07 AM
    Canadian or US dollars and when did you buy them? February time frame?

OK, those are 2016 options. Just keep an eye on the bid.ask. It's all you can really do.

I hate to tell you this but you should read up on what marked to market accounting is for your tax purposes. These rules apply to options even though I think it is stupid that they do. I just close out options positions at years end usually.
    USD. Bought one Feb 28th

I'll look into it. Thank you

Posted via CB10
    07-02-14 04:38 AM
    10.98$ in PM, on light volume, higher then BlackBerry on the TSX! Never thought this could happen( yes I know the TSX was closed yesterday :-)
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140702_075715.png

Sent using my ? Z30
    jxnb likes this.
    07-02-14 06:58 AM
    Let me cast a question about current BBRY upward.
    Surprising earning last month mainly result from real estate sell out?
    I guess it contributed but not that main influence.
    I hope it was not one time only sugar coated report. and
    Wall St. investors not hoaxed by that. Am I right?
    07-02-14 07:41 AM
    Im showing up to 10.77$ now. As long as its up im happy

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020T using CB Forums mobile app
    07-02-14 07:41 AM
    Let me cast a question about current BBRY upward.
    Surprising earning last month mainly result from real estate sell out?
    I guess it contributed but not that main influence.
    I hope it was not one time only sugar coated report. and
    Wall St. investors not hoaxed by that. Am I right?
    The real estate sell off helped but you also had really good services revenue and lower operating costs

07-02-14 07:44 AM
    The real estate sell off helped but you also had really good services revenue and lower operating costs

Exactly, and Chen did make a point of saying there were items that were not recurrent like the real estate or the tax break they probably got out of previously reported losses. Therefore, you would totally expect the street to have taken this with the same perspective.

Sent using my ? Z30
    07-02-14 07:51 AM
    Real estate has almost no effect on the profit of the company.

I wish people understood this, it is fairly basic accounting knowledge.

Real estate in a company like BlackBerry is held on the balance sheet as an asset. The sale of this asset only effects the cash balance the company has, nothing to do with profitability.

The cash burn of BlackBerry was considerably down for a number of reasons, nothing to do with the sale of the assets. This is broken down in the accounts, as this is consider an extra ordinary one time event.

It is fairly well disclosed, any analysts that don't understand this should not have a job.

There were two extra ordinary cash events, the tax rebate and sale of assets. Take them.out and cash burn is down to around 200 - 250 mil per quarter.

If they can reduce costs further and increase revenues they will be cash flow neutral.

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, rarsen, ibpluto and 5 others like this.
    07-02-14 07:53 AM
    Real estate has almost no effect on the profit of the company.

I wish people understood this, it is fairly basic accounting knowledge.

Real estate in a company like BlackBerry is held on the balance sheet as an asset. The sale of this asset only effects the cash balance the company has, nothing to do with profitability.

The cash burn of BlackBerry was considerably down for a number of reasons, nothing to do with the sale of the assets. This is broken down in the accounts, as this is consider an extra ordinary one time event.

It is fairly well disclosed, any analysts that don't understand this should not have a job.

There were two extra ordinary cash events, the tax rebate and sale of assets. Take them.out and cash burn is down to around 200 - 250 mil per quarter.

If they can reduce costs further and increase revenues they will be cash flow neutral.

Posted via CB10
    I think we've already seen how many off those analysts shouldn't have a job lol

rarsen likes this.
    07-02-14 08:29 AM
    Exactly, and Chen did make a point of saying there were items that were not recurrent like the real estate or the tax break they probably got out of previously reported losses. Therefore, you would totally expect the street to have taken this with the same perspective.

Sent using my ? Z30
    The annual tax break is not technically recurring but it is. It should be considered recurring until we are proven otherwise.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-14 08:33 AM
    Starting up 2% isnt a bad way to start my morning

07-02-14 08:35 AM
    Starting up 2% isnt a bad way to start my morning

2.85%

Posted via CB10
    07-02-14 08:41 AM
    I can't wait to see the TSX jump today.

Posted via CB10
    bizzarothor likes this.
    07-02-14 08:41 AM
    Finally seeing the green again on my investment.
    tatail, zyben, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    07-02-14 08:45 AM
    Finally seeing the green again on my investment.
    Good for you! I have been able to average down to 9.79$ on the TSX, so I am OK now, and enjoying it as well.

Sent using my ? Z30
    07-02-14 08:48 AM
    OT:
    Anyone has any investment in USU?
    This stock is crazy, yesterday sky rocketed from 3 to 7.39 and today it is already 10.
    There doesn't seem to be any significant news either.
    07-02-14 08:49 AM
    Nice positive comforting article, thanking Reuters for their goof-up last April. Though I personally expect that Short Squeeze will tend to be gradual.

Boy is it ever warm (thanks for air conditioning) in Montreal, in counterpart I can easily accept the gradual rise of BB shares and reading generally better articles.

Who Should We Thank For The BlackBerry Short Squeeze? - BlackBerry Ltd. (NASDAQ:BBRY) | Seeking Alpha
    morganplus8, sidhuk, jxnb and 11 others like this.
    07-02-14 09:23 AM
    Looks like we are fizzing out today . Hoping for a post lunch rally. But if we drop into red I might buy in again.... decisions decisions

07-02-14 10:15 AM
    This looks like the fizzle I was expecting yesterday with the closed TSX.

We should base out for a while before the rally kicks off again later in the week.
    helopilot06 likes this.
    07-02-14 10:20 AM
    Regarding value investing and options, here is an article that I wrote 4 years ago:
    A Call Option Strategy for Value Investors - GuruFocus.com
    zyben, rarsen, La Emperor and 4 others like this.
    07-02-14 11:07 AM
    Nice positive comforting article, thanking Reuters for their goof-up last April. Though I personally expect that Short Squeeze will tend to be gradual.

Boy is it ever warm (thanks for air conditioning) in Montreal, in counterpart I can easily accept the gradual rise of BB shares and reading generally better articles.

Who Should We Thank For The BlackBerry Short Squeeze? - BlackBerry Ltd. (NASDAQ:BBRY) | Seeking Alpha
    In the short term, the stock market is a voting machine. In the long term it is a weighing machine.

In time, the stock price should go up. A squeeze would be nice though.
    07-02-14 11:28 AM
    Ok. So support/resistance is pretty much exactly at my breakeven.

How weird is that?
    07-02-14 11:28 AM
    Ok. So support/resistance is pretty much exactly at my breakeven.

How weird is that?
    Maybe a good time to sell and get your money out. If we see a bit of a pullback or profit taking happening, you can always jump back in.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-14 11:32 AM
    from my schwab stream (I cannot copy and paste).....BBRY higher on talk of upcoming sell side upgrade
    07-02-14 11:46 AM
113,250 ... 26992700270127022703 ...