View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Up 2.76 percent...that's a decent half day return. no?
    Anyway...comedic musical interlude time :

Eazzy Peazzy
    bungaboy, zyben, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    07-01-14 10:43 AM
    Paid app downloads increasing, says BlackBerry India

Q&A with Annie Mathew, director - alliances and business development, on the brand?s app strategy and trends in the space

BlackBerry recently announced an association with Amazon to make available its applications to a wider audience.

Campaign India�spoke with Annie Mathew, director�-�alliances and business development, BlackBerry India, to learn more about how the handset manufacturer is doing in India.

There?s a perception that the number of downloads and the engagement of users on the BlackBerry Messenger App is going down after the initial buzz at the time of launch. Is it true?

AM:�No, it?s not true from what we?re seeing. Contrary to your question, the user base and user engagement is growing. We just launched BBM Protected, seeing the tremendous need of protecting chats as a lot of crucial information, decisions are made over chat. Anyone could otherwise intercept data, but with this software, BBM reaches another level.

We?re now linking it with our prime USP�-�security. We?ll be launching some other features soon that will separate�BBM�from plain instant�messengers currently available. We?re in discussions with doctors and hospitals to integrate BBM and reach out to areas that were otherwise devoid of these services.�With a secure chat now available,�we?ve opened up a lot of segments to be present in.

BlackBerry as a phone is still seen as a handset only for e-mail. With the Amazon deal are apps and apps redevelopment something BlackBerry is emphasising on?

AM:�It?s a perception that BlackBerry is only seen as a handset for e-mail. I was once sandwiched between a user of another operating system and one with BlackBerry. The phone discussion went on and on, and when it got to applications, the BB user has an application for everything work-related versus the other system user. On the consumer side, we were a little short on applications, but now the Amazon deal should take care of that.

On the number of applications, we prefer quality of applications versus the number of applications. We monitor user feedback and ratings on the applications.

You would be surprised to see that we currently have very few ?e-mail only? consumers.

What?s the most popular applications�category in India and worldwide? Any trends�that have�been noticed?

AM:�Among�paid apps,�it?s productivity�apps�and games that are making up a high amount of downloads. When it comes to free applications,�games, music, productivity, search, food and news are the categories getting the highest numbers.

In the recent�past,�one of the trends we?re seeing is the increase in downloads of the paid�apps. It?s showing that our apps are useful for the consumer. In general, we?re seeing that apps�that�are well made are doing well. Users on the BB community are very vocal about apps and keep sending in positive and negative feedback. We?ve created a ?Built for BB? programme through which we allow apps to go live only after it passes a test which consists of a few parameters.

We then have an app that partitions a handset to�a�personal and secure space versus apps that can be accessed by everyone. This is a good one and allows users to do a lot more with their phone without worrying about work or personal data being accessed.

Does the Z10 still remain the flagship amongst handsets?

AM:�We?ll soon be launching the Z3 that will become our flagship. It will be running on the same operating system (BB10) as the Z10 and everything that runs on it, will run on the Z3.

Source..... http://www.campaignindia.in/Article/...rry-india.aspx
    sidhuk, morganplus8, Corbu and 7 others like this.
    07-01-14 10:56 AM
    Up 2.76 percent...that's a decent half day return. no?
    Anyway...comedic musical interlude time :

Eazzy Peazzy
    Yabut . . . . do we have the . . .

07-01-14 11:17 AM
    07-01-14 11:23 AM
    I love BBRY but GoPro (GPRO) has been a winner!!! #ChaChing

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag, bungaboy and 3_M4N like this.
    07-01-14 12:05 PM
    OK, back on the upward swing! BBRY was just taking a breather and on it second wind!

I would love to see it close above $11 TODAY!
    07-01-14 12:07 PM
    I just want it to hold onto a gain of at least 42 cents today.

Currently 1 penny away again.
    07-01-14 12:25 PM
    07-01-14 12:31 PM
    I just want it to hold onto a gain of at least 42 cents today.

Currently 1 penny away again.
    See what happens in a couple of hours at 15:30 ish.
    07-01-14 12:32 PM
    Not that I am complaining, but anybody who knows why its up 4% up today and why it climbed up yesterday?

Black cards, Black cars - All BlackBerry-thing!
    07-01-14 12:34 PM
    Not that I am complaining, but anybody who knows why its up 4% up today and why it climbed up yesterday?

I would say a general perception is improving and shorts exiting

Posted via CB10
    georg4BB and Mr BBRY like this.
    07-01-14 12:42 PM

The markets are at an all-time high, the stock is bullish in terms of it's technicals and there is a ton of money sitting on the sidelines not earning anything. We have the best situation the market can offer investors right now. The DOW just moved upward again in the past few minutes telling investors to not miss the rally in all stocks. There are a ton of stocks about to break-out of their holding patterns soon. BlackBerry needs to get above $ 10.80 on a closing basis and hold it, then you'll see a rally take place. Finally, it's a new month and a new quarter! We gapped up today, didn't fill that gap so the close is so important.
    07-01-14 12:44 PM
    The markets are at an all-time high, the stock is bullish in terms of it's technicals and there is a ton of money sitting on the sidelines not earning anything. We have the best situation the market can offer investors right now. The DOW just moved upward again in the past few minutes telling investors to not miss the rally in all stocks. There are a ton of stocks about to break-out of their holding patterns soon. BlackBerry needs to get above $ 10.80 on a closing basis and hold it, then you'll see a rally take place. Finally, it's a new month and a new quarter! We gapped up today, didn't fill that gap so the close is so important.
    This happened without the TSX being in play either.

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens on Thursday and Friday with the NASDAQ being closed.
    bungaboy and Mr BBRY like this.
    07-01-14 12:49 PM
    oh I love this green sea ... let's ride the $10.80s and ...
    popcorn&beerS

Music tonight, have a nice one gang !

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    07-01-14 01:28 PM
    I'd be happy with another few cents.

Just close above 42.
    07-01-14 01:55 PM
    Karma works!

FTC: T-Mobile knowingly added bogus charges to bills

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...-bills-943039/
    07-01-14 02:44 PM
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/2294...-just-starting

Posted via CB10 for my beloved Z30 running 10.2.1.3247
    rarsen likes this.
    07-01-14 05:42 PM
    It's just bouncing up and down around my breakeven.

How irritating.
    Less irritating then still needing another $2.50 .

Posted via CB10 (7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30)
    georg4BB likes this.
    07-01-14 06:05 PM
    Happy Canada Day! I write in appreciation of the country that has given us Blackberry, so many of the great folks on this thread, and so much more. Now, if I only understood hockey.....

- I am a friend south of your border.
    Meh, it's just a puck, but boy oh boy do we love it ! Cheers !

(happy to explain the game anytime)

Sent using my ? Z30
    Last edited by bizzarothor; 07-01-14 at 10:32 PM.
    bungaboy and jxnb like this.
    07-01-14 09:58 PM
    First review of Z3 launch day in India is up at BlackBerry Z3 review: Strictly for messaging junkies - The Times of India

And here is the Verdict:

Verdict
    At an asking price of Rs 15,990, we feel the BlackBerry Z3 is a competent device if you're a messaging junkie. It offers the best messaging experience with instant access to the messaging hub, the BlackBerry Messenger and a great touch keyboard.

The app deficit problem has also been addressed to some extent with out-of-the-box Android app compatibility. But its similarly priced (just Rs 1,000 more) elder sibling, Z10, is a better BlackBerry device with its 720p display and faster processor.

We strongly feel BlackBerry should reduce the price of the phone at least by Rs 3,000 if it wants to sell this phone like hot cakes and regain some mind share.

We'd not recommend you the Z3 if you majorly use your phone for viewing multimedia content or playing graphics-rich games. You'd be better off with a Moto G or a Xolo Q1100 which cost less and offer good performance.
    bungaboy, Corbu, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    07-01-14 10:16 PM
    Hope my long shot 22 strikes that are 6 months out pay off ;-)

A short term run will allow me to sell 25% off to create a break even point.
    abouthsu likes this.
    07-01-14 10:21 PM
    Hope my long shot 22 strikes that are 6 months out pay off ;-)

A short term run will allow me to sell 25% off to create a break even point.
    Stupid question since you brought up options.

I bought 10 options for jan 2016 strike price 17. It cost me 1620$ when I bought them.

When do I get to break even or make money?

Ps. Bought options for the first time listening to a friend. But I know nothing about Them.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-14 10:40 PM

I bought 10 options for jan 2016 strike price 17. It cost me 1620$ when I bought them.

Ps. Bought options for the first time listening to a friend. But I know nothing about Them.

Posted via CB10
    You probably paid about 720 for premium plus broker fees. SP would need to trade at closer to a dollar above the strike price for you to break even from the intrinsic value point of view.

Correction, I took a look at the bid/ask right now for Jan 15/2016 Strike 17 call is where I got the price of the premium last traded for BBRY
    Last edited by abouthsu; 07-02-14 at 12:25 AM.
    igotaq likes this.
    07-01-14 11:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    You can loose 100% of it if the timing doesn't work out.

If BBRY gets over $13 in the next month you'll make money. It's alot to explain. I have to do some things then I'll get long winded.

EDIT: It is alot to explain. So I won't. All you can do is keep an eye on the bid/ask. You can cash out some or all of your position for a gain or a loss. The closer to expiration and the further below the strike the stock is trading, the worse it is for you.

The thing to remember is:
    1) valuation is your friend
    2) less volatile stocks have lower premiums typically.

I try to find undervalued stocks that have been trading in a tight range when I do options. The reason is that stocks that just get stuck at a price have lower volatility and that typically reduces options premiums. So I can get options cheap on stocks that should go up in share price. When the price starts to move, volatility increases and premiums increase. So the option price goes up because it gets closer to the strike and is more volatile.

Sadly, I did BBRY options when the whole trick with volatility was shot. I am just banking on a short squeeze.

Back to you. When do you make money? In the short term, the stock price needs to go up. Even if it breaks $11 this week you will have a paper profit. You can sell some or all of your options if that happens. Or you let it ride. Just remember, the option is worse less the closer it is to expiration and the further below the strike that the share price is.

Options are a PITA to truly grasp. Just read, read and read some more. I read for 3 months on how they work before I started playing with them.
    Last edited by kfh227; 07-02-14 at 12:01 AM.
    abouthsu and igotaq like this.
    07-01-14 11:46 PM
    WOLFSBERG, GERMANY -- July 1, 2014: The Volkswagen Group is taking over BlackBerry's European research and development centre in Bochum (Germany). With the newly founded Volkswagen Infotainment GmbH, the Wolfsburg-based automotive group is further expanding its expertise and capabilities in the field of vehicle connectivity.

With its objective of interlinking vehicles and the surrounding world, the field of 'connectivity' forms a focal point of research and development within the Volkswagen Group that has seen rapid growth in recent years. New strategies and innovations are needed in order that interlinking driver and automobile with the infrastructure can be further optimised.

The exchange of information between vehicle and mobile devices, such as MP3 players, smart phones and car keys, is already taking place today. In the near future further forms of communication will become equally established: communication between vehicle and the driver's home or office; communication between vehicle and filling stations, parking spaces and road infrastructure (car-to-X communication); and ultimately also from vehicle to vehicle (car-to-car communication). It will be possible in this way to provide drivers with very prompt information of any hold-ups or obstructions.

Dr. Heinz-Jakob Neu�er, Member of the Board of Management Volkswagen Brand for the Development Division, explains: "Connectivity will be a key feature of the car of the future. Many customers are expecting connected vehicles of a new dimension in terms of convenience and road safety. Around the globe, our customers' aspirations will change rapidly, leading to shortened cycles of innovation for systems and functions. In order to be able to meet these challenges it is necessary for us to broaden and expand our options through additional know-how."
    07-01-14 11:47 PM
113,256 ... 26982699270027012702 ...