View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Hollu Cow, I almost missed the schedule ! Time for a Football WC match to survive !
    Allez les Bleus !!!

P.S: for those who want to try to see it online, not sure about countries limitations, but you can try : Actu 24/24 - Coupe du Monde de la FIFA 2014 - MYTF1 (you need to register, site and comments in French).

Oh, one last ... picture :
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png

Ain't no mountain high enough ! I loooove that
    zyben, georg4BB, rarsen and 8 others like this.
    06-30-14 10:29 AM
    I'm still in the red on BBRY but getting closer to break even. Himax is my dog at this point, and royal bank of Canada and Microsoft have been my winners long term.

Posted via CB10
    georg4BB and Shanerredflag like this.
    06-30-14 10:30 AM
    BlackBerry trader gives thumbs up

BlackBerry trader gives thumbs up - optionMONSTER (06/30/14)

A large trade is betting that recent gains in BlackBerry will hold through early next year.

optionMONSTER's tracking systems detected the sale of 10,000 January 9 puts in one print for $0.91. Open interest in the strike was just 1,446 contracts before the trade appeared, showing that it is a new position.

The put sale is looking for BBRY to stay above $9 through expiration in early January. But if it falls below that strike price, the trader would be on the hook to buy shares at that level. (See our Education section)

BBRY is up 2.35 percent to $10.01 this morning. The mobile-device maker gapped higher with strong quarterly results earlier this month and have been trading in a tight range since.
    06-30-14 10:39 AM
    Like this FactCheck initittive. Good for BBRY to "bite back" (in the spirit of the WC!):
    BlackBerry Fact Check | Inside BlackBerry

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-ezpass-fact-check-post.png
    06-30-14 10:39 AM
    I'm still spewing a bit when Best Buy was a good buy at $25 need to find another good opportunity haha
    06-30-14 11:08 AM
    Another outstanding day

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry.jpg
    Shanerredflag and Superfly_FR like this.
    06-30-14 11:21 AM
    Anyone have any comments or thoughs on current spike?

Posted via CB10

Mr BBRY and helopilot06 like this.
    06-30-14 11:34 AM
    Almost choked on my coffee when I checked back in on the stock just now

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020T using CB Forums mobile app
    06-30-14 01:27 PM
    I watch this stock for many hours each day, and somehow missed this press release :-)

RIM and Good Technology Sign Settlement and License Agreement - Press Releases

The author from the article below claims it's a 268 million settlement with Blackberry amortized through 2019.

source: Does MobileIron's IPO Portend Good Things For Good Technology? - Forbes
    06-30-14 01:41 PM
    OT: Interesting article about the role developers will/do play in the IoT.

http://readwrite.com/2014/06/27/inte...oIHbtg0AqF0DN8

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! ?
    rarsen, bungaboy, zyben and 1 others like this.
    06-30-14 01:42 PM
    I watch this stock for many hours each day, and somehow missed this press release :-)

RIM and Good Technology Sign Settlement and License Agreement - Press Releases

The author from the article below claims it's a 268 million settlement with Blackberry amortized through 2019.

source: Does MobileIron's IPO Portend Good Things For Good Technology? - Forbes
    The article dates back to 2004. The name RIM should have been a dead giveaway

Posted via CB10
    rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    06-30-14 01:45 PM
    Lol, what a fail! Part of me still thought it was their legal name..
    06-30-14 01:50 PM
    06-30-14 02:03 PM
    Lol, what a fail! Part of me still thought it was their legal name..
    I wouldn't have any issues if GOOD wanted to fork over more cash :P

Posted via CB10
    _dimi_, bungaboy, zyben and 1 others like this.
    06-30-14 02:54 PM
    Sooo happy to look at this

Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-1404158283850.jpg  
    06-30-14 02:58 PM
    Not really happy with this but I had to post it since it is out there.

From Chris Umiastowski, in the G&M:

�€˜The Internet of things�€™: Google, Apple and the next big growth cycle - The Globe and Mail

Chris Umiastowski is the growth investor for Globe Investor’s Strategy Lab. Follow his contributions here and view his model portfolio here.

Ever since Apple Inc. released the first iPhone in 2007, the smartphone sector, previously dominated by BlackBerry, exploded to a whole new level of growth. Today the two market leaders, Apple and Google Inc., control the two most popular mobile operating systems, iOS and Android. There is still a lot of growth to come in this market, since billions of people around the world still don’t have smartphones. But beyond that obvious next step of deeper consumer penetration, I think something more exciting is happening. It’s been dubbed “the Internet of Things.”

We don’t need to read the tea leaves to see this happening. It’s already quite obvious. Just look at Google’s latest acquisitions. They paid $3.2-billion (U.S.) for Nest Labs, maker of an Internet-connected home thermostat. Shortly thereafter, Nest acquired Dropcam, a maker of Internet-connected security cameras, for about $550-million. Nest has turned into Google’s in-house platform for the Internet of Things. Nest has just announced a developer program so third-party vendors can build devices that connect to the platform.

Apple has been busy too. At their latest developer conference in San Francisco, they announced something called HomeKit, a set of developer tools for vendors to connect their Internet of Things devices with Apple’s iOS devices.

Whether it be doorbells with built-in cameras, garage door openers, in-home lighting or even the cars we drive, it’s looking more and more as if our smartphones are becoming the remote controls for everything we do in life.

Not only do I expect Apple and Google to make it easy to connect third-party devices with iOS and Android devices respectively, but I think they’ll actually update their operating systems so we don’t need a plethora of separate apps. Why should I need one app to control a thermostat, another for lighting, another for heating and air conditioning, and yet another for my security cameras? This is a no-brainer opportunity for the mobile platform winners (read: Apple and Google) to give software developers easy ways to integrate their products with the operating system that we already use in the palms of our hands.

I love investing in trends that are already obvious, likely to have a big effect on how we interact with the world, yet are long-term in nature so I can benefit from years and years of growth. The Internet of Things fits the bill nicely. I’d love to give you a bunch of fascinating stock ideas consisting of companies that are making really cool devices. But many of the players in this industry are privately traded, just like Nest and Dropcam before Google bought them. Others are large, diverse companies such as Philips or General Electric.

While I keep searching for exciting smaller companies in this space, I think the obvious answer is to start by investing in Apple and Google, who control the mobile device platforms. We’re going to interact with Internet-connected devices through our phones. The phone is our remote control. Developers are going to chose iOS and Android because those are the only two platforms, today, that offer both immense market share and leading edge software tools to connect their devices to mobile phones.

This trend reminds me of the growth of the Internet in the late 1990s. Network operators spent billions upon billions of dollars building huge optical fibre networks. As an investor I bought into companies like JDS Uniphase, who sold optical components. They were the leading arms dealers in the optical networking war.

Today I think Apple and Google are the arms dealers in today’s new “Internet of Things” battle. Except they are giving away their firepower in the form of software tools and exposure to a massive population of users. It’s already very difficult for any new competitor to catch up to the sophistication and completeness of the app store that both iOS and Android offer to users. But now with their early push into the Internet of Things, I think it seals their fate as winners over the next decade.

Disclosure: I have personally owned shares in Apple and Google for many years, and I hold both stocks in my Strategy Lab model growth portfolio.
    Last edited by Corbu; 07-01-14 at 06:50 AM.
    techvisor and JLagoon like this.
    06-30-14 03:13 PM
    I'm still in the red on BBRY but getting closer to break even. Himax is my dog at this point, and royal bank of Canada and Microsoft have been my winners long term.

Posted via CB10
    I'm about break-even for BBRY. NOK as been performing well for me.

Kicking myself for not selling HIMX when they were at $16. Hopefully GLASS will go into mass production and increase HIMX.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    06-30-14 03:21 PM
    Speaking of the experts.
    http://utbblogs.com/blackberryworks/...rry-marketing/

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    rarsen, theRock1975, jxnb and 7 others like this.
    06-30-14 03:30 PM
    Speaking of the experts.
    http://utbblogs.com/blackberryworks/...rry-marketing/

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    I still can't believe this guy gellers argument was "it's Bad experience, and it's not cool, so there :P". Illiterate hack

PS. And yes, I didn?t capitalize his last name on purpose lol

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 06-30-14 at 07:07 PM. Reason: language
    06-30-14 06:54 PM
    Hopefully this posting appears correctly.

Kantar from previous 3 month period (ending Mar 31 2014)

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-kantar-mar-2014.jpg

Kantar from the latest 3 month period (ending May 30)

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140630_172613.png

Dominate the MCAT C0012A8A6
    06-30-14 07:32 PM
    Hopefully this posting appears correctly.

Kantar from previous 3 month period (ending Mar 31 2014)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kantar mar 2014.jpg 
Views:	791 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	281704

Kantar from the latest 3 month period (ending May 30)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140630_172613.png 
Views:	794 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	281705

Dominate the MCAT C0012A8A6
    Even if they are correct the negatives still outweigh the positives. Especially in Great Britain. But hopefully they will stay an upward trend in our negative countries as well.

sentimentGX4 likes this.
    06-30-14 08:50 PM
    SORRY....I disagree well beyond infatically. This is such an "opinion" piece it never...ever should have made the press as "investor" advice. Yeah yeah...whatever...That's strike two.

Eazzy Peazzy
    Corbu, zyben, Mr BBRY and 13 others like this.
    06-30-14 08:56 PM
    I still can't believe this guy gellers argument was "it's Bad experience, and it's not cool, so there :P". Illiterate hack

PS. And yes, I didn?t capitalize his last name on purpose lol

Posted via CB10
    He's a very well.paid shrill. That's that.

Eazzy Peazzy
    neteng1000, rarsen, Corbu and 5 others like this.
    06-30-14 09:01 PM
    John S. Chen (Chinese: ???, Ch�ng Sh?uz?ng; born July 1, 1955) ..........

Happy Birthday!!!
    tatail, Mr BBRY, bungaboy and 5 others like this.
    06-30-14 11:24 PM
    Happy Birthday Mr. Chen..
    Mr BBRY, bungaboy, Corbu and 1 others like this.
    06-30-14 11:33 PM
113,256 ... 26962697269826992700 ...