View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    So we all very happy the way things are going, and we have crossed the nervous $10 a few times in the recent past days.
    Now my question is did anyone sell at $10+ and bought back at $9.8-?
    I remember last year a lot of people made a lot money on a single day.
    Those who had bought at $7 sold at $18 and bought back at $12 in the same day and sold at $16 a few days later.

Although, the ship is a lot more study now and I am very thankful for that but was just wondering if anyone is doing anything of sort?
    I do remember last year M-8 had increased has portfolio by 10%, if I am not mistaking, by doing this.

Anyone?
    Guilty as charged!
    tatail likes this.
    06-26-14 11:57 PM
    Guilty as charged!
    I hope you did well..
    La Emperor and zyben like this.
    06-27-14 12:15 AM
    I hope you did well..
    Reduced my average cost a bit.
    I tend to play the dips at times like these, if I have the time, and if I manage to wake up before the market opens
    tatail, La Emperor and zyben like this.
    06-27-14 01:01 AM
    The Merkel phone story makes it to the BBC News stite:
    BBC News - An end to German Chancellor Angela Merkel's phone problems?

An end to German Chancellor Angela Merkel's phone problems?

German Chancellor Angela Merkel has waited a year, but at last she has a phone that with keep her free from eavesdropping by foreign secret services, it seems.

Last June US National Security Agency whistleblower Edward Snowden revealed that his employers had been intercepting Mrs Merkel's calls, to her public anger, and the German media have been rife with speculation ever since as to what sort of mobile she will chose to enhance her security. Now Focus magazine reports she has opted for a Blackberry Q10 phone with encryption by the German company Secusmart.

The phone shields not only phone calls, but also provides a secure link to the German government's intranet. It allows the chancellor to send emails through a highly-secure "virtual private network" connection, as well as brief text messages. The only snag is that the phone of Mrs Merkel's interlocutor must also have the same level of encryption, and it doesn't come cheap. Secusmart's chip costs 2,500 euros (�2,000; $3,400).

Smartphone enthusiasts may like to know that the conservative Mrs Merkel opted for the traditional Blackberry keyboard over a touch-screen function.
    06-27-14 06:13 AM
    The NSA is hoping that the she feels her phone is safe along with the German government.
    helopilot06 likes this.
    06-27-14 06:17 AM
    The NSA is hoping that the she feels her phone is safe along with the German government.
    Safe as much it can be ...

On other news, EU gives green light to Lenovo to acquire Motorolla.
    (in FR) : Bruxelles donne son feu vert au rachat de Motorola par Lenovo
    morganplus8, La Emperor and zyben like this.
    06-27-14 06:20 AM
    I think there is just as much danger in imagining the NSA to be all powerful as there is in blindly chanting in BlackBerry's corner. The German government is not filled with silly idiots. We're talking about one of the most talented nations in the history of the world. No government is infallible, but I'd prefer to stand firmly in the Who Knows camp - who knows whether the NSA are still spying on Merkel, and who knows whether the Germans are spying successfully on the Yanks...

Posted via CB10
    06-27-14 06:49 AM
    I think there is just as much danger in imagining the NSA to be all powerful as there is in blindly chanting in BlackBerry's corner. The German government is not filled with silly idiots. We're talking about one of the most talented nations in the history of the world. No government is infallible, but I'd prefer to stand firmly in the Who Knows camp - who knows whether the NSA are still spying on Merkel, and who knows whether the Germans are spying successfully on the Yanks...

Posted via CB10
    06-27-14 06:49 AM

Posted via CB10
    "Who Knows" is the truth for sure.

Heck my government is having trouble keeping track of it's emails so sometime you got to wonder just how sophisticated the NSA is. I think it is the administrators that is the weak link.
    helopilot06 likes this.
    06-27-14 07:22 AM
    "Who Knows" is the truth for sure.

Heck my government is having trouble keeping track of it's emails so sometime you got to wonder just how sophisticated the NSA is. I think it is the administrators that is the weak link.
    We are talking about organisations full of human beings. They aren't superheroes, although they do have the means of using available technology to do what they can. The Snowden leaks have actually suggested that they do not have superpowers.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-14 07:45 AM

Posted via CB10
    Lets just put it this way. Everyone is spying on everyone with at least some degree of success. Lol

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020T using CB Forums mobile app
    06-27-14 08:28 AM
    From last week. I don't recall seing this:

BlackBerry implosion? Don’t hold your breath
    Colin Gillis of BGC Partners gives his outlook for BlackBerry

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/3631346435001

Nothing that we don't already know but "The short trade is over..."
    rarsen, Mr BBRY, jxnb and 6 others like this.
    06-27-14 08:30 AM
    Man this has been a rough month for my citigroup stock.

06-27-14 08:32 AM
    For all the positive news about BBRY, it sure is heading in the WRONG direction!
    06-27-14 09:15 AM
    Fairfax has already balanced their position to their exposure criteria. You won't see them sell any more stock until their average cost triples from here. This is what they did with Bank of Ireland. Prem eluded to this during the pre ASM charity dinner and at the ASM. I could be wrong. But I believe Fairfax is going to hold the majority of their position for a while.

Posted via CB10
    I wish I could believe that Fairfax was finished selling their common shares but as long as their agreement with BlackBerry, signed in Nov. of 2013 holds, they are free to sell almost all of them at any time.

Fairfax Financial agreed to a lockup regarding Blackberry shares

“Under the terms of a subscription agreement with BlackBerry dated November 4, 2013, Fairfax agreed that until November 13, 2014 neither it nor its affiliates would beneficially own more than 19.9% or less than 9.9% of the outstanding Shares. As previously announced on January 8, 2014, Fairfax determined to sell Shares over time in order to rebalance its ownership in BlackBerry, subject to the above-noted restrictions.”

The transaction today was merely keeping in line with this agreement.

The release announcing the debenture purchase also stated that Fairfax may sell some of its BlackBerry holding. “Fairfax intends to sell Common Shares over time in order to rebalance its ownership in BlackBerry, subject to the above-noted restrictions,” Fairfax said.

So far, they have sold stock above the conversion price of those bonds and they'll do numerous rebalancing in the months ahead. We'll see if they focus on BlackBerry again during that process. I would like to see them hold the entire block of stock but their actions suggest we have to be aware of this potential issue.
    06-27-14 09:19 AM

Although, the ship is a lot more study now and I am very thankful for that but was just wondering if anyone is doing anything of sort?
    I do remember last year M-8 had increased has portfolio by 10%, if I am not mistaking, by doing this.

Anyone?
    I have traded the stock in one of my accounts, on two occasions, each time the stock hit the recent highs of $ 10.80/shr/US I have sold the entire block and purchased it back at $ 9.00/shr and $ 8.21/shr allowing me to increase my holdings in that one account by 58% without spending a dime. I haven't sold a single share in my other account and in fact increased holdings by 15% in that one. At no time in history have I owned so much BBRY!!! Help!

I truly believe that we will look back in one year and laugh at the low valuation for this stock in 2014.
    rarsen, Corbu, bungaboy and 10 others like this.
    06-27-14 09:28 AM
    06-27-14 09:35 AM
    From Indonesia to India �€“ Z3 Stays On a Roll | Inside BlackBerry

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb-india-z3-launch.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-kita-selfie.jpg

Last edited by Corbu; 06-27-14 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Added pics
    sidhuk, bungaboy, rarsen and 8 others like this.
    06-27-14 09:36 AM
    Another day . . . another grind down. Friday to boot.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    06-27-14 10:07 AM
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security files:

The problem facing Android: Users don't want to spend money | ZDNet
    Ex-NSA chief under scrutiny over speculated secrets leak | ZDNet

Hot and muggy weekend coming up, enjoy it summer days are already started to shorten.
    06-27-14 10:21 AM
    Hey Morgan whats your take on the stock grinding down after the good earnings? A little market correction or just bouncing off the 10$ ceiling?

06-27-14 11:03 AM
    Hey Morgan whats your take on the stock grinding down after the good earnings? A little market correction or just bouncing off the 10$ ceiling?

Hi helopilot06,

I don't see anything wrong with how we are trading here, have a look at the chart:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-chart-june-27-2014.png

When you line up the circles on the upper RSI bar, you can see that we became over-bought in the short-term for the third time versus that charts history. So it is realistic to expect the stock to pause, look for support and consolidate the recent gains. We broke out of a 2 month downtrend line and tested it once more at a slightly higher low, and have been rallying every since. The June low was $ 7.18/shr and there are plenty of shares traded within the lower $ 7.00 range so those investors hold high percentage gains. I have stated that we need to find support, the lowest point of support is the $ 9.00/shr level so we are backing up to get the RSI<70 at this point. Note the bottom right-hand corner sloping volume, we are getting back to average volume now too. This is a very healthy and expected period of consolidation and we'll likely find support and head for the highs from here. In the past week we have created a pennant formation and might even drive higher from here. And so the range is now $ 9.00 to $ 10.80 and we should move towards the high soon.

Breaking out of this higher channel will create the best rally we have seen in a long time. GL
    Corbu, zyben, randall2580 and 13 others like this.
    06-27-14 11:39 AM
    Hi helopilot06,

I don't see anything wrong with how we are trading here, have a look at the chart:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BBRY Chart June 27 2014.png 
Views:	1570 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	280966

When you line up the circles on the upper RSI bar, you can see that we became over-bought in the short-term for the third time versus that charts history. So it is realistic to expect the stock to pause, look for support and consolidate the recent gains. We broke out of a 2 month downtrend line and tested it once more at a slightly higher low, and have been rallying every since. The June low was $ 7.18/shr and there are plenty of shares traded within the lower $ 7.00 range so those investors hold high percentage gains. I have stated that we need to find support, the lowest point of support is the $ 9.00/shr level so we are backing up to get the RSI<70 at this point. Note the bottom right-hand corner sloping volume, we are getting back to average volume now too. This is a very healthy and expected period of consolidation and we'll likely find support and head for the highs from here. In the past week we have created a pennant formation and might even drive higher from here. And so the range is now $ 9.00 to $ 10.80 and we should move towards the high soon.

Breaking out of this higher channel will create the best rally we have seen in a long time. GL
    Thanks for the heads up. I read financial reporting a lot better than I do stock charts and trends lol. I just freed up about 600$ to dump into stock so Im trying to decide if I want to pull the trigger sooner or later, I think for now Im leaning toward Monday morning as buying anywhere in the 9-10$ range will still lower my average price per share.
    06-27-14 11:47 AM
    Thanks for the heads up. I read financial reporting a lot better than I do stock charts and trends lol. I just freed up about 600$ to dump into stock so Im trying to decide if I want to pull the trigger sooner or later, I think for now Im leaning toward Monday morning as buying anywhere in the 9-10$ range will still lower my average price per share.
    Glad I could help. This chart has been very accurate for several months now. With the range standing at a low of $ 9.00/shr, you just want to watch the general market along with the volume on the sell-off for BBRY. You will see when it all comes together, the best place to enter. Most investors purchase impulsively and don't consider how the stock is treated by the market makers when there is no news to drive the price. The market is largely make up of momentum traders and it might as well be a practice to try and understand what they are planning to do in the absence of news too.

For me, I purchase most of my shares by writing naked puts, I like to get a better price than everyone else. I do hold a large block of it so I won't be missing out on any upside surprises though. Best of luck!
    bungaboy, zyben, sidhuk and 7 others like this.
    06-27-14 12:31 PM
    Software maker QNX sets its sights, sounds on your car's infotainment system:

“QNX Acoustics for Voice had very good sound quality, and the best I’ve ever heard in car,” said Mark Fitzgerald, associate director for research firm Strategy Analytics, after he had a demo at Telematics Detroit. Even with a crowd outside the car, Fitzgerald said he had no problem understanding the person speaking to him through the QNX Acoustics system via Bluetooth. And when you can clearly hear the person on the other end of the phone, Fitzgerald added, it’s easier to concentrate on driving.

Software maker QNX sets its sights, sounds on your car's infotainment system | TechHive
    06-27-14 12:32 PM
113,256 ... 26922693269426952696 ...