View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Interesting, Samsung gave KNOX to Google to integrate in all Android, not just for Galaxy devices.
    Does knox manages ios blackberry and windows devices? The current knox deployment has limitations.
    If all androids then then BB10.3 too? LoL
    Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    06-25-14 01:06 PM
    I got back in at 9.85. I think there is money to be made here.
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    06-25-14 01:51 PM
    I really need to follow your lead. You seem to get in and out at precisely the right times :P

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 01:55 PM
    Don't we like deals that benefit both parties?

Hon Hai seeking 10% revenue growth - Taipei Times

Hon Hai is making efforts to improve its profitability by shifting from the manufacturing of slim-margin electronics to providing more value-added services, including assisting customers to design and sell products, or offering maintenance services, Gou said, citing its recent partnership with BlackBerry Ltd as an example.
    Even Hon Hai is looking at providing more services...
    rarsen, jxnb, zyben and 3 others like this.
    06-25-14 02:14 PM
    I really need to follow your lead. You seem to get in and out at precisely the right times :P

Posted via CB10
    I wish but not always. Long ago I lost over $60k on RIMM. I do keep "stops" that are adjusted often and search out the news just like you. There is some luck involved but I have come a long way on recovering much of my losses.

I like your avatar VERY much! If I am not mistaken, that is me among all those white sheep!
    rarsen and anon(4086547) like this.
    06-25-14 02:38 PM
    On India's Z3 price, confirming what others have said earlier:

Priced at Rs 15,990, BlackBerry Z3 launched in India; Flipkart, Mobile Store dangle deal - Financial Express

The Blackberry Z3 smartphone is here. The phone will be priced at Rs 15,990, but buyers on Flipkart and Mobile Store will get a Rs 1,000 voucher for the first month. Prebooking will start today.

The phone will also offer a lot of content for the Indian audience and will include apps like Wonobo, a Google Streetview-like mapping serving covering top cities. The phone also comes with a keyboard that is as good with Hindi and Hinglish as it is with English.

Blackberry India MD Sunil Lalvani said the phone has been designed keeping today’s India and its requirements in mind. “This is the first phone to come out of our partnership with Foxconn,” he said, adding that five-year strategic partnership with the Taiwanese manufacturer shows they were not taking away focus from devices.

Lalvani said the VAT structures and Customs Duty does not allow the company to launch the phone in India at the $200 price point it is sold in Indonesia now.

The Z3 is a 5-inch phablet that runs the Canadian smartphone maker’s latest BB 10.2.1 operating system. This is the first phone for which Blackberry is touring the Android compatibility of its new OS.

This means the phone will give users the security and ease of use Blackberry is known for along with the app ecosystem that Android brings to its devices. Incidentally, within a few months BB 10 users will be able to access the Amazon app store directly from their devices.
    rarsen, zyben, bungaboy and 5 others like this.
    06-25-14 02:59 PM
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security file:

Microsoft's top lawyer: 'Future is bleak' if gov't bulk data collection continues | ZDNet

Having recently returned from Norway where government encourages the purchase of electric cars with exemption of sales tax, free parking and free ferries, access to taxi and bus lanes. Last week their liter of gas was equivalent to some $2.62 Canadian. No wonder that Tesla has recently been declared their largest among car sales.

Note: Country was poor some 50 years ago, until they discovered oil and things are now different.
    Corbu, jxnb, zyben and 4 others like this.
    06-25-14 03:10 PM
    Hey Everyone! I haven't been on the thread in such a long time but Im glad to see that some familiar faces are still in the game. I see that for the most part we have all remained pretty positive on the turn around chances under John Chen which is good too! I still don't hold a lot of shares as money is tight but I did get back in again around the 6.50 mark and so happy I did. It dropped my average cost down to about 9 a share so Im pretty stoked to be making money again on the stock! Anyways just wanted to pop a hello, Ill be on here a lot more often now that my personal life has sorted out.
    06-25-14 03:52 PM
    Us longs all think that!

Welcome aboard !

Sent using my ? Z30
    helopilot06 likes this.
    06-25-14 04:19 PM
    BlackBerry Passport Contextual Virtual Keys Look Like This

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-passport1-700x541.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-passport3-1000x695.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-passport2-1000x747.jpg

BlackBerry Passport Contextual Virtual Keys Look Like This | N4BB
    06-25-14 04:25 PM
    Interesting, Samsung gave KNOX to Google to integrate in all Android, not just for Galaxy devices.
    http://blogs.blackberry.com/2014/06/...y_and_android/

06-25-14 04:39 PM

That was quick move by JC !

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 05:39 PM
    That was by far the best response Ive seen from a BlackBerry CEO in a long time. Well articulated and timely without the need to be superfluously wordy. Go JC!
    06-25-14 05:51 PM

I love these quotes :

"BlackBerry was MDM before anyone knew what MDM meant"

"not just Balance, but every single component ? is constructed upon a multi-decade bedrock of mobile management and security expertise."

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 05:58 PM
    Good job JC. That quick respond was great. Everyone should share that post on their Facebook, LinkedIn, twitter and any other social media site.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, rarsen, sidhuk and 5 others like this.
    06-25-14 06:07 PM
    I don't recall ever reading a response by any previous BB CEO.
    I have to JC really knows what he is doing.
    06-25-14 06:55 PM
    I don't recall ever reading a response by any previous BB CEO.
    I have to JC really knows what he is doing.
    Too true. I think that was a major player in why blackberry has gone through such turmoil. Silent leadership is a failure to lead in business especially when your company is under attack.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020T using CB Forums mobile app
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    06-25-14 07:19 PM
    Nice of Audi to acknowledge that Android Auto, much like Apple CarPlay, will run on top of QNX:

After connecting an Android smartphone in a compatible Audi, drivers will see a prompt asking if they want their apps to function through the MMI touch display and controls. The graphics and audio streams, including microphone input and all control interfaces, will then operate with Android Auto which is seamlessly integrated into the Audi MMI mobile media application framework developed by the Audi software joint venture e.solutions on top of the QNX Car automotive operating system.

Audi Plans to Begin Introducing Android Auto(TM) Connection Into Vehicles in 2015 - MarketWatch
    06-25-14 07:24 PM
    Nice of Audi to acknowledge that Android Auto, much like Apple CarPlay, will run on top of QNX:
    i think they said that its the Audi MMI that runs on top of QNX and that Android Auto and Carplay are seamlessly integrated.
    06-25-14 07:33 PM
    VIDEO: BlackBerry Blend Retail Demo - "Your work e-mail anywhere, without a VPN or corporate login" https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=rZt-xjiC

Posted via swift BlackBerry ? Z30!
    06-25-14 07:47 PM
    i think they said that its the Audi MMI that runs on top of QNX and that Android Auto and Carplay are seamlessly integrated.
    Right. QNX will act as the foundation of the entire system.
    sidhuk, bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    06-25-14 07:57 PM
    VIDEO: BlackBerry Blend Retail Demo - "Your work e-mail anywhere, without a VPN or corporate login" https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=PfHDtksj

I currently use an rsa key and corporate login to access my work email. I'm going to push Blend with management. I bet they haven't even heard of it.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 07:57 PM
    VIDEO: BlackBerry Blend Retail Demo - "Your work e-mail anywhere, without a VPN or corporate login" https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=Y2r1oT74

That's a pretty awesome concept. is it only going to be a corporate program or available to normal users as well? I'd love to have that. Would make life so much easier!

06-25-14 09:12 PM
    That's a pretty awesome concept. is it only going to be a corporate program or available to normal users as well? I'd love to have that. Would make life so much easier!

Rumour says that it's a BES service for now, but let's hope they offer through the cloud for those non-BES types that want it. I wouldn't mind paying a bit to have access.

Eazzy Peazzy
    helopilot06, sidhuk, Corbu and 4 others like this.
    06-25-14 10:04 PM
    How Google Inc’s new Android ambitions will take the fight to BlackBerry Ltd | Financial Post

Google Inc. is making a big push into the car and into emerging markets with low-cost phones, pitting it head to head against BlackBerry Ltd. on two key points on its roadmap to profitability.

The Mountain View, Calif.-based search giant kicked off a two-day developers conference on Wednesday by unveiling Android One, a program which works with smartphone makers to build low-cost devices aimed at the developing world, and a new Android Auto interface for motor vehicles.

Those are two areas that BlackBerry, based in Waterloo, Ont., is making inroads into with its QNX platform for the car and its budget-friendly Z3 touchscreen smartphone launched in Indonesia, Vietnam and India.

Google is a “formidable” opponent for Blackberry on these fronts, says Colin Gillis, senior technology analyst at BGC Partners Inc. in New York.

“Certainly, QNX has some history there, but Google is pushing in hard and fast,” said Mr. Gillis.

During its keynote presentation at the I/O developers conference in San Francisco, Google showcased the ways it is entering new facets of consumers’ lives.

It unveiled three new smartwatches — the Moto 360, LG G and Samsung Gear — which utilize its Android Wear platform for wearables. Google is also taking another shot at the living room with Android TV, a version of its operating system for the big screen, and a bigger step into the office with Google Drive for Work. Google also previewed the latest version of its Android operating system, codenamed “L”, which has a more fluid, brighter feel and allows for better connectivity between various devices.

But it is Android Auto and Android One that could give BlackBerry a run for their money.

Google’s announcements on Wednesday come less than a week after BlackBerry posted quarterly results that topped estimates.

During BlackBerry’s annual general meeting Thursday, chief executive John Chen said sales of its Z3 device (priced at US$191) in Indonesia have been successful, and it was on track to sell one million of the devices over the model’s lifetime. BlackBerry plans to launch the device in nine countries, including Vietnam last week and India this week.

And it is India where Google is beginning the roll out of its new sub-US$100 phones under Android One. Google has also partnered with Micromax, Karbonn Mobiles and Spice in India.

“We’re disappointed that less than 10% of the population have access to smartphones,” said Sundar Pichai, Google’s senior vice-president of Android, Chrome and apps, during the keynote. “We want to change that.”

Android Auto, a voice-enabled extension of its popular mobile software, will hit showrooms later this year, Google said. It has signed up 40 auto-industry partners, and 25 brands have signed on.

Mr. Chen has identified BlackBerry’s QNX in-car software as a potential growth area for the company as it seeks to shift its focus away from devices to services and enterprise-grade technologies. QNX is already the market leader in operating system platforms for automotive infotainment systems with market share of more than 50%, according to market research firm IHS Automotive.

Many of the in-car entertainment systems from the world’s largest auto manufacturers, such as BMW and Honda, are built on top of QNX.

That legacy will help BlackBerry, but it will have a tough fight on its hands, said Mr. Gillis.

“[Google's entry is] meaningful… Google doesn’t win at everything, their social networking product didn’t take off,” he said, referring to Google +. “They rolled out Android TV, and that’s after previous iterations of television that haven’t worked yet.”

Google shares rose 2.3% to US$585.93 on the Nasdaq. BlackBerry rose 1.3% to $10.71 on the TSX.
    This:

“We’re disappointed that less than 10% of the population have access to smartphones,” said Sundar Pichai, Google’s senior vice-president of Android, Chrome and apps, during the keynote.
    Please...
    06-25-14 11:40 PM
113,256 ... 26892690269126922693 ...