• Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    actually went up about 4M shares

6/13/2014 97,399,783
    5/30/2014 93,434,467

Read more: BlackBerry Limited (BBRY) Short Interest - NASDAQ.com
    That's the position at pre-earnings, so I suppose it makes more sense with that in mind.

Dominate the MCAT C0012A8A6
    06-24-14 05:25 PM
    That's the position at pre-earnings, so I suppose it makes more sense with that in mind.

Dominate the MCAT C0012A8A6
    Yup, so only about $8 million lost on those ones. That is, assuming those got covered on ER day....
    06-24-14 05:40 PM
    Reason why you need a better security on information structure in the medical health care world. Unfortunate really that someone will profit from these..

Michael Schumacher's purported medical files 'for sale' - CNN.com
    That...is pathetic! find them, punish them and throw away the key.

Eazzy Peazzy
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    06-24-14 06:22 PM
    06-24-14 06:26 PM
    OT:

I was just chomping at the bit to post this video. I didn't want to show the whole thing. So just a nibble for now. Something to chew on. So fans, eat your heats out! Here it is.

06-24-14 07:14 PM
    OT:

I was just chomping at the bit to post this video. I didn't want to show the whole thin. So just a nibble for now. Something to chew on. So fans, eat your heats out! Here it is.

Lol...so he had a BIT of Italian. lol.
    We had a a couple old guys fighting in the Italian centre here...made the news. lol
    Eazzy Peazzy
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    06-24-14 07:17 PM
    I bet the NSA is already embedded in her new "secure" device.
    Only if they are really-really little people.
    06-24-14 10:07 PM
    I might be awfully wrong but when I was looking at the add for the amazon fire I got the impression that os is a tweak to BB10 os.
    I got that impression somewhat too.

My takeaway, was that it appears that many are copying the latest flow of BB10 OS, which is a good sign if people learn where the copying is originating from.

Side-note: I think BlackBerry has 'borrowed' a few android-esque features too though.

Side note to the Side-note: If all players steal ideas from each other, as long as BlackBerry is one of the theiving players, they will win by means of a superior OS anyway.
    Last edited by Bacon Munchers; 06-24-14 at 10:33 PM.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    06-24-14 10:16 PM
    Appears the Passport has accomplished what other (fantastic) devices couldn't....its has people talking.

http://dzwicker.blogspot.ca/2014/06/...et-to.html?m=1

Eazzy Peazzy
    06-25-14 06:44 AM
    Z3 coming to the Middle East.....

BlackBerry Z3 coming to the Middle East in July

BlackBerry announced that its latest smartphone, the Z3, will be made available in the Middle East in July, and pre-orders were started to be accepted from 1 pm on Wednesday at the BlackBerry Store in The Dubai Mall.

The UAE and Saudi Arabia will be the first in the region to experience the new device next month, with Qatar, Bahrain and Kuwait following later in the summer. It will be retailed for Dh899. Customers who purchase one in July will be given an exclusive app offer in which they can download a selection of premium apps worth Dh200.

Full story..... http://www.khaleejtimes.com/kt-artic...ogy_June42.xml
    06-25-14 07:43 AM
    Appears the Passport has accomplished what other (fantastic) devices couldn't....its has people talking.
    Daniel H Zwicker, CFP Certified Financial Planner: Is Passport BlackBerry’s ticket to profitability? BLACKBERRY - GAME ON! - JOHN CHEN - LASER ACCURATE
    Eazzy Peazzy
    Yeah, the more I watch the passport, the more I think, this device will sell surprisingly good. It's definitely unique. Somone with this phone in his hand will immediately look like a boss ( especially when he sits between two iPhone user ) - maybe this device is the key to restore the footprint in enterprise.

After the first shock in regards to the Amazon deal, I'll focus on creating native productivity apps now, the only niche where native apps will survive IMHO. I hope, the promised incentive program for native developers will be good enough for me, to take the risk.
    06-25-14 07:47 AM
    Z3 coming to the Middle East.....

BlackBerry Z3 coming to the Middle East in July

BlackBerry announced that its latest smartphone, the Z3, will be made available in the Middle East in July, and pre-orders were started to be accepted from 1 pm on Wednesday at the BlackBerry Store in The Dubai Mall.

The UAE and Saudi Arabia will be the first in the region to experience the new device next month, with Qatar, Bahrain and Kuwait following later in the summer. It will be retailed for Dh899. Customers who purchase one in July will be given an exclusive app offer in which they can download a selection of premium apps worth Dh200.

Full story..... BlackBerry Z3 coming to the Middle East in July - Khaleej Times
    really nice to see all the z3 launches. Hopefully they will make a positive impact on the next ER
    06-25-14 08:02 AM
    Yeah, the more I watch the passport, the more I think, this device will sell surprisingly good. It's definitely unique. Somone with this phone in his hand will immediately look like a boss ( especially when he sits between two iPhone user ) - maybe this device is the key to restore the footprint in enterprise.

After the first shock in regards to the Amazon deal, I'll focus on creating native productivity apps now, the only niche where native apps will survive IMHO. I hope, the promised incentive program for native developers will be good enough for me, to take the risk.
    Happy to hear you're continuing with BB10... you know what I want...an app to deal with spam calls...something headless so I can see the number, then activate the app to answer and screw with the spam , like maybe say "hello, hello...speak up, hello...I can't hear you". Or maybe play fax tones etc.
    I'd pay for that.

Eazzy Peazzy
    Corbu, morganplus8, rarsen and 8 others like this.
    06-25-14 08:07 AM
    06-25-14 08:41 AM
    http://www.engadget.com/2014/06/25/i...=rss_truncated

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    Shanerredflag and zyben like this.
    06-25-14 09:23 AM
    Not sure if it is true. But. They say z3sold out on flipkart india
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=941491
    Edit: lol. More stock available again.
    06-25-14 09:31 AM
    Researchers crack iPad PINs by tracking the fingers that enter them

How's this any different for other touchscreen devices? It applies to all not just iPads. If you access your devices through a pin, they can try to track the pattern of your entry whether through the movement of your hands or the smudges left on your screen.
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    06-25-14 10:21 AM
    How's this any different for other touchscreen devices?
    It is not. Therefore blackberry's picture password is better and easy to use than even giving away fingerprints.

Here is my password.

Attachment 280475
    06-25-14 10:25 AM
    Wind of change?. Not yet but we can feel a slight breeze...

Not really worth a read but just for the headline:
    BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY): We Can Sense Some Signals Of Strong Rebound | Market News Call

BlackBerry Ltd(NASDAQ:BBRY)) seems to be coming back from the dead. The company’s turnaround looked realistic last month, and it delivered handsomely by posting Wall Street-beating numbers. Armed with a partnership with Amazon.com (NASDAQ: AMZN ) and foray into new markets, it is likely that BlackBerry will sustain its terrific run. A look at the company’s strategies will reveal why BlackBerry looks destined for a turnaround.
    Another solidly executed quarter and the prevailings winds will have solidly changed those headlines for the better... and for good!
    bungaboy, rarsen, jxnb and 6 others like this.
    06-25-14 10:29 AM
    Well written article : http://ekkescorner.wordpress.com/201...ve-developers/

Posted via swift BlackBerry ? Z30!
    W Hoa, georg4BB, Corbu and 5 others like this.
    06-25-14 11:02 AM
    [video] Official walkthrough of the BlackBerry Z3 by Gautam Shah | BBin - India 's Best BlackBerry Community

Includes this very clean Z3 presentation video:

Thanks to BBin

Plus this:
    The return of the BlackBerry men
    http://www.business-standard.com/art...2501167_1.html
    Last edited by Corbu; 06-25-14 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Added Business Standard link
    06-25-14 11:15 AM
    So, Z3 launched in the new market and will be available starting July.

I am interested at what you guys think of the selling price in these new markets? In India Z3 is set to be sold at $270 or something while Malaysia is around $220 if I am not mistaken.

To me this doesn't sound good.
    Lets put a few theories.

1. BlackBerry did really well in Indonesia and sold more than their expectation, that is why they are confident they can sell more.

2. They didn't sell that many phones in Indonesia so they want to make profit from whatever number of devices they can?

3. BlackBerry wants to sell of their current stock of devices than the Z3, that is why they priced it higher so people could make a consideration to those devices?

Something doesn't add up.. I mean they can attract more customers if they priced it better.
    If they decide to drop the price later, it would make an impression that the device didn't sell well.

What do you guys think? I know this is not directly BBRY but in many ways it does effect the price of BBRY.
    06-25-14 12:26 PM
    that 10 dollar mark seems to be giving us some trouble. M-8 is prop right when it comes to the 10 dollar mark
    06-25-14 12:49 PM
    Interesting, Samsung gave KNOX to Google to integrate in all Android, not just for Galaxy devices.
    06-25-14 12:58 PM
    JC has said that the days of losing money on handsets is over and im sure the cost to make the phone has stayed the same. In indonesia they were probably only making a slight margin on the phones after foxconn takes their cut but because India has a different import tax rate it makes it more expensive for them. Blackberry can't cut into their cost and start losing money again, I understand about the pricing but there isn't much they can do when it comes to the countries import tax and duties. India has a HUGE middle class remember i'm sure they still have the buying power for this device. I'm no expert on the Indian market so this is just all my own opinion

So, Z3 launched in the new market and will be available starting July.

I am interested at what you guys think of the selling price in these new markets? In India Z3 is set to be sold at $270 or something while Malaysia is around $220 if I am not mistaken.

To me this doesn't sound good.
    Lets put a few theories.

1. BlackBerry did really well in Indonesia and sold more than their expectation, that is why they are confident they can sell more.

2. They didn't sell that many phones in Indonesia so they want to make profit from whatever number of devices they can?

3. BlackBerry wants to sell of their current stock of devices than the Z3, that is why they priced it higher so people could make a consideration to those devices?

Something doesn't add up.. I mean they can attract more customers if they priced it better.
    If they decide to drop the price later, it would make an impression that the device didn't sell well.

What do you guys think? I know this is not directly BBRY but in many ways it does effect the price of BBRY.
    Corbu, zyben, bungaboy and 3 others like this.
    06-25-14 01:02 PM
113,256 ... 26882689269026912692 ...