View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Nice to see built in APK virus scanner in new 10.3 update.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    06-24-14 07:26 AM
    06-24-14 07:26 AM
    Obviously, it's quite possible that the US still have her under surveillance. The Germans aren't dumb though, so it's likely not happening...who the hell knows. We certainly don't, and neither would the folks being spied on, whether they be American or German or Chinese.

Posted via CB10
    True that we don't know whether or not BlackBerrys can be hack, but we know for sure that iPhone and Androids are routinely hacked. Which one would you choose?

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 07:51 AM
    True that we don't know whether or not BlackBerrys can be hack, but we know for sure that iPhone and Androids are routinely hacked. Which one would you choose?

Posted via CB10
    Oh look: you got some hearts.

(If you read what I wrote carefully, I think it will be blindingly obvious which one I would choose. Hint: I said the Germans aren't dumb.)

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 08:05 AM
    06-24-14 08:20 AM
    They really dont want this above 10 i wonder if it has anything to do with the fact shares can be converted at 10 from the debt
    06-24-14 08:35 AM
    They really dont want this above 10 i wonder if it has anything to do with the fact shares can be converted at 10 from the debt
    That is the big problem we are faced with today, the dilution of the stock with 125 MM more shares above $ 10.00 is a real issue in the short-term. So is the problem with Prem Watsa who still has a pile of stock to sell to get to his bond holdings alone. Above $ 10.00 has it's challenges and in due time, all of those shares will be accounted for. But it can take months to absorb Prem's stock alone. This stock has risen from close to $ 7.00 to $ 10.00 in about a month, don't expect it to continue much further until we test lower levels for a base. The stock will be trading within my $ 9.00 to $ 10.80 level for sometime to come. If some of you need some money consider selling some Call Options ($ 11.00 strike) when the stock attempts to bring out of the top of this sideways channel.
    06-24-14 08:42 AM
    I ask, cause I don't remember, was the agreement in US dollars or Canadian? On the NASDAQ or the TMX? On the TMX this is day three above $10. Though the price is heading down now it was tracking towards $11/shr.

Tim Smith from my Z10 on Rogers
    06-24-14 08:57 AM
    I ask, cause I don't remember, was the agreement in US dollars or Canadian? On the NASDAQ or the TMX? On the TMX this is day three above $10. Though the price is heading down now it was tracking towards $11/shr.

Tim Smith from my Z10 on Rogers
    I believe it's the Nasdaq price.
    06-24-14 09:15 AM
    Ok guys, most of you know me so I'm sure you won't read it wrong. Some here (enlighted investors) are not concerned by this. It's more likely intended for rookies like me.

We all have to consider our positions also as an investment and not only a faith act.
    Many here are in the $10-12 avg SP green zone.
    If ever we hit the $15-ish mark it is not unreasonable to consider lighting our position and secure our investment.
    Here's IMHO why :
    1/ If this is temporary top, then you'll be able to re-inject money later
    2/ If this is a long trend to the moon (say the $30s), just consider the gain you made (30-50%) on these particular shares and enjoy.

I for one, unless a strong "trend to the moon" is observed and explained by our "enlighted investors" will probably reduce my position +/- 30% for that.

This is not an advice, just a way to remind us that "balls of steel" (we already know must of us have !) is a nice gimmick, yet we also have to "drive safely". Now, each on his own has to make his homework and act accordingly with his conclusions, of course !

Cheers,
    SF
    Well said Superfly_fr.

The last quarter, excluding one time gains from asset sales, generated a small loss. The property sales was announced in the spring and we knew it would free up a lot of cash for bbry. There's nothing in the current quarter that will help them generate another "surprise" profit.

Q3, we will have something significant: Changes to patent licensing in November. This will remove a huge cost for BlackBerry that was negotiated at a time when they sold tens of millions of handsets.

I think this recent rise was a little overdone so I sold some call options on TSE@$11. I'm willing to sell a good portion of my shares at this price because it'll be at least a year before we see some serious EPS.

Qnx Car
    Project ion
    Bbm
    Bes12
    Handsets w/foxconn and Amazon
    Mobile payment business.

These business each have the potential to generate $1.00+/share EPS on their own but will take years. In the meantime, we can play the dips.

Also, when CHEN does his rounds with the media, the stock rises and everybody is optimistic until it gets quiet. It happened many times since he took over.

Tldr; Low/negative EPS this year, high EPS when all businesses are fully developed.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, Corbu, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    06-24-14 11:28 AM
    BBC reports that the first phone resulting from the Microsoft-Nokia merger has been announced: the Nokia X2. And foiling everybody's ability to guess what OS it would run on, the answer is Android. But this being Microsoft, do expect some embrace-and-extend � the user interface is similar to the Windows phone. And it is being offered as a way to hook users into its cloud-based services, several of which come pre-installed as apps. Is this the first Linux product being offered by Microsoft?

-------------
    I started a thread about a week ago in Armchair CEO that says that BBRY should do exactly this. The differentiator DOES NOT need to be the OS. It is the experience! And quite frankly, we all know that the BB10 experience is the best one out there. Just write a launcher for Android and sell the darned phone. Preinstall it with BBM and start making some money!

If people like it, they will then go back to actual BB10 phones over the course of a few years. And I will reiterate, that this would be HUGE in being able to cross sell Android and BB10 phones to enterprise customers.
    theRock1975 and anon(4086547) like this.
    06-24-14 12:37 PM
    I might be awfully wrong but when I was looking at the add for the amazon fire I got the impression that os is a tweak to BB10 os.
    06-24-14 01:24 PM
    Soumaila: stop dreaming loud
    P.S: we all do, eventually lol

Posted via CB10
    Soumaila Somtore likes this.
    06-24-14 01:32 PM
    Reason why you need a better security on information structure in the medical health care world. Unfortunate really that someone will profit from these..

Michael Schumacher's purported medical files 'for sale' - CNN.com
    06-24-14 02:06 PM
    OT:

Here is a little something for our pal Morgan+8. Well actually is is only half of a little something.

It is a Morgan+4 that they were putting a new chassis and suspension on TV show "Wheeler Dealers" that I watched last night.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140623_220421.jpg
    06-24-14 02:28 PM
    Another view on the financial results of BlackBerry:
    Blackberry - The Real Story - GuruFocus.com

I have to say that I usually don't care much about blogs like this. However, they guy has a point and it makes you think about how good the financial result really are. I believe that Chen is the right guy but he and his management team did everything to cover up some losses and let the results appear better than they really are!

So far I am happy since I am no in the green. Nevertheless it is important to have an eye on the further development.

Best regards
    Shanerredflag and Mr BBRY like this.
    06-24-14 02:50 PM
    actually went up about 4M shares

6/13/2014 97,399,783
    5/30/2014 93,434,467

Read more: BlackBerry Limited (BBRY) Short Interest - NASDAQ.com
    bungaboy, Corbu, jxnb and 10 others like this.
    06-24-14 03:07 PM
    FWIW:
    Is Passport BlackBerry’s ticket to profitability?
    https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/blogs/d...194230779.html

...The Passport is the clearest signal yet that BlackBerry has moved beyond trying to emulate everyone else's game plan. Yes, it’s bizarre. But it’s bizarre by design. There's nothing else like it in today’s market, which means BlackBerry isn’t trying to introduce yet another slab of 5-plus-inch glass – and more critically suggests an initial turn back to its roots as a engineering innovator and a company that's willing to take calculated risks in aligning its offerings with its target audience.

The Passport answers questions that today’s businesses wrestle with every day, namely how to keep mobile workers productive without having to purchase, provision and manage separate smartphones and tablets. That large screen may look weird, but as a tablet alternative for ripping through large documents, it could be every IT manager’s dream. As the clearest signal yet that BlackBerry has learned the lessons of its tumultuous past, it could be an important harbinger for investors.
    Edit: And another poorly crafted WOCHit video with images of TH and old BB devices, among other things. Don't waste your time.
    Last edited by Corbu; 06-24-14 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Edit added
    06-24-14 03:08 PM
    From this:
    Investment Analysts’ Weekly Ratings Changes for BlackBerry (BBRY) - Watch List News

Which I haven't had the time to really check, I thought useful to extract this, as food for thought and/or future reference:

BlackBerry had its “market perform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Wells Fargo & Co.. They now have a $9.50 price target on the stock, down previously from $10.00. They wrote, “While F1Q15 was a much improved quarter, the ongoing Services decline and BBRY’s ability to eventually offset with MDM revenues (non-BB devices) longer term keeps us on the sidelines for now. BBRY EZ Pass is being met with some success with 1.2 mln licenses traded in for BES10 (10% from competitors), but we are a long way from the 10 to 20 mln non-BB (iOS, Android) managed devices needed in our view for BBRY Enterprise to be reasonably profitable. We reiterate our Market Perform rating.”
    bungaboy, sidhuk, zyben and 4 others like this.
    06-24-14 03:18 PM
    Minor problems with vehicles could soon be fixed through cloud systems, says QNX

Trips to your local mechanic might become less frequent as new technology develops that could make it possible for cars to essentially fix minor glitches themselves.

A subsidiary of smartphone maker BlackBerry (TSX:BB) is developing a technology that enables car manufacturers to communicate directly with vehicles connected to the system.

Sales and marketing vice-president Derek Kuhn says that could let automakers adjust sensors or other software-based technology in the vehicle.

The development is part of Project Ion, a move by BlackBerry to become a leader in the technology that connects everyday things such as home appliances to wireless networks.

BlackBerry’s QNX Software Systems already develops technology for cars and trucks, including dashboard systems that connect directly with a driver’s mobile phone and outside networks.

Audi uses QNX’s technology to give drivers instant access to the cheapest gas prices and parking lots near their destination.

Minor problems with vehicles could soon be fixed through cloud systems, says QNX - Canadian Business
    06-24-14 03:52 PM
    Reason why you need a better security on information structure in the medical health care world. Unfortunate really that someone will profit from these..

Michael Schumacher's purported medical files 'for sale' - CNN.com
    If we all has 1$ for every scumbag we'd be rich!
    06-24-14 04:04 PM
    OT:

Here is a little something for our pal Morgan+8. Well actually is is only half of a little something.

It is a Morgan+4 that they were putting a new chassis and suspension on TV show "Wheeler Dealers" that I watched last night.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140623_220421.jpg 
Views:	1025 
Size:	157.3 KB 
ID:	280222
    I have to say thank you again! What a surprise to see a picture of a Morgan on this thread, made my day too. I have been to the factory and to several dealerships across England, I can't get enough of these cars, well, I can when it comes to Pinterest!!! Ha!

Thanks buddy!
    bungaboy, sidhuk, Corbu and 6 others like this.
    06-24-14 04:06 PM
    I have to say thank you again! What a surprise to see a picture of a Morgan on this thread, made my day too. I have been to the factory and to several dealerships across England, I can't get enough of these cars, well, I can when it comes to Pinterest!!! Ha!

Thanks buddy!
    I actually recorded the show. I just have to figure a way to get if into a viewable format from the satellite TV format.
    morganplus8, sidhuk, Corbu and 1 others like this.
    06-24-14 04:12 PM
    06-24-14 04:17 PM
    I actually recorded the show. I just have to figure a way to get if into a viewable format from the satellite TV format.
    Found Partial on YouTube.

06-24-14 05:15 PM
113,252 ... 26872688268926902691 ...