427 37.82%
    Goodbyes to nines...warming trends in tens...lol

Eazzy Peazzy
    06-23-14 02:09 PM

Eazzy Peazzy
    i head its going to be a hot summer and we will see 30's
    06-23-14 02:20 PM
    Talking about the media, though we seem to have been witnessing a slight turnaround in the headlines lately, we still have a long way to go on account, among other things, of sloppy e-journalism and lack of rigour. My own argument is not perfect, but I am sure you'll get the idea... And no, I am not complaining about a "media conspiracy against BlackBerry" or anything of that sort. Just, some passing thoughts...

Anecdotal case in point: could someone explain to me how this 36 seconds video (BlackBerry Reaches Customer Lows Amid CEO's Positive Hopes [Video] - NASDAQ.com) finds its way to the NASDAQ site? Its title is taken from an opinion piece published by Forbes (BlackBerry Reaches Customer Lows Amid CEO's Positive Hopes - Forbes) and in fact, it does not go into the real subject matter of that opinion piece (i.e. BlackBerry's perception as a brand has suffered over the last few words... How surprising, thank you for that breaking news!).

So, an opinion piece published by Forbes with the following proviso ("Opinions expressed by Forbes Contributors are their own"), the content of which could be debated - notwithstanding the fact that an altogether different "positive" opinion could instead have been published by Forbes - but who are we kidding, really? - ends up finding its way to the NASDAQ site. This whole thing is a mess... But I suspect it generates clicks and, therefore... works for some!

All anecdotal, granted, but wouldn't we like to see the media report on other "anecdotal" cases, such as Aviva's Heartbleed incident (if it is indeed confirmed)?

In any event, we all know this doen't really matter in the end. BlackBerry's fate is not in the hands of the media. All that matters is for JC to keep pressing ahead and executing and we'll finally get those headlines to turn around.

I guess this is one difference between the media and the market: the former is backward-looking while the latter is forward-looking!

We too are looking ahead!

Cheers.

Last edited by Corbu; 06-23-14 at 02:38 PM.
    06-23-14 02:22 PM
    Well said Corbu.

Eazzy Peazzy
    06-23-14 02:25 PM

Eazzy Peazzy
    Smiles a plenty, lookin' to twenty

Dominate the MCAT C0012A8A6
    06-23-14 02:28 PM
    Talking about the media, though we seem to have been witnessing a slight turnaround in the headlines lately, we still have a long way to go on account, among other things, of sloppy e-journalism and lack of rigour. My own argument is not perfect, but I am sure you'll get the idea... And no, I am not complaining about a "media conspiracy against BlackBerry" or anything of that sort. Just, some passing thoughts...

Anecdotal case in point: could someone explain to me how this 36 seconds video (BlackBerry Reaches Customer Lows Amid CEO's Positive Hopes [Video] - NASDAQ.com) finds its way to the NASDAQ site? Its title is taken from an opinion piece published by Forbes (BlackBerry Reaches Customer Lows Amid CEO's Positive Hopes - Forbes) and in fact, it does not go into the real subject matter of that opinion piece (i.e. BlackBerry's perception as a brand has suffered over the last few words... How surprising, thank you for that breaking news!).

So, an opinion piece published by Forbes with the following proviso ("Opinions expressed by Forbes Contributors are their own"), the content of which could be debated - notwithstanding the fact that an altogether different "positive" opinion could instead have been published by Forbes - but who are we kidding, really? - ends up finding its way to the NASDAQ site. This whole thing is a mess... But I suspect it generates clicks and, therefore... works for some!

All anecdotal, granted, but wouldn't we like to see the media report on other "anecdotal" cases, such as Aviva's Heartbleed incident (if it is indeed confirmed)?

In any event, we all know this doen't really matter in the end. BlackBerry's fate is not in the hands of the media. All that matters is for JC to keep pressing ahead and executing and we'll finally get those headlines to turn around.

I guess this is one difference between the media and the market: the former is backward-looking while the latter is forward-looking!

We too are looking ahead!

Cheers.

Corbu, you are top drawer material! I'd have you in my corner in a flash. Well written and IMO there is a conspiracy/manipulation between the Media and some of the Wall Street Fraudsters.
    06-23-14 02:43 PM
    Corbu, you are top drawer material! I'd have you in my corner in a flash. Well written and IMO there is a conspiracy/manipulation between the Media and some of the Wall Street Fraudsters.
    Many thanks, Bunga! Much appreciated.

To be honest, I wouldn't fall off my chair if one were to learn, one day, that there is indeed some form of conspiracy/manipulation...

How can one say this diplomatically? Let's say that one sometimes gets the impression that WS has its favorites...
    06-23-14 02:57 PM
    Many thanks, Bunga! Much appreciated.

To be honest, I wouldn't fall off my chair if one were to learn, one day, that there is indeed some form of conspiracy/manipulation...

How can one say this diplomatically? Let's say that one sometimes gets the impression that WS has its favorites...
    Well, as you can see from recent events, Diplomacy is not one of my strong suits. LoL
    06-23-14 03:01 PM
    Corbu. Check your PMs.
    Corbu likes this.
    06-23-14 03:04 PM
    I've been doing some "observing" with a beer in hand :-) So what I was wondering is this: looking at TA, the stock is very overbought. Not to mention, there's a big gap too, and if we were to close this one, stock price would need to go back to the USD 8,50 level. However.............

If price would always be somewhat rational: 30 percent increases are followed by 20 percent decreases.. Overbought territory would be replaced by more-bullish less-overbought territory.. shorts could hedge or longs could sell before much harm is done..

Then how do 'contrarians' often turn out to the final, and often only, winners of this game we call investing? How can large corporations suddenly increase 2-3 in value, to multiples only seen during the crazy tech boom of the 90's.. while the market does not doubt this valuation for much more than a single minute?

Then I ask, could this happen to us too?
    06-23-14 04:16 PM
    OT:
    Dusdal, pls check your PM's when you have a minute. Thanks!
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-23-14 04:36 PM
    All I have to say is look at netflixs. Technicals go out the Window when shorts are involved.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 04:37 PM
    Heartbleed-based BYOD hack pwns insurance giant Aviva's iPhones
    Slabs and mobes moved to BB10 service... yes, you read that right

Heartbleed-based BYOD hack pwns insurance giant Aviva's iPhones • The Register
    I can understand if you are unemployed or just your average working class slave using anything but the best (BlackBerry) but for a big company like that to using old and outdated and pathetic iphones then you deserve to get hacked. I'm sure someone will get fired for deciding to use old and outdated iPhones

Posted via CB10
    zyben, Zerix and rarsen like this.
    06-23-14 06:02 PM
    Another decent day for BBRY. They tried hard to beat it down below $10.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-nasdaq-june-23-2014.jpg
    06-23-14 06:47 PM
    Another decent day for BBRY. They tried hard to beat it down below $10.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BBRY NASDAQ June 23 2014.JPG 
Views:	2074 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	279938
    That's ok. Support held and it traded quite technically all day

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 07:01 PM
    I've been doing some "observing" with a beer in hand :-) So what I was wondering is this: looking at TA, the stock is very overbought. Not to mention, there's a big gap too, and if we were to close this one, stock price would need to go back to the USD 8,50 level. However.............

If price would always be somewhat rational: 30 percent increases are followed by 20 percent decreases.. Overbought territory would be replaced by more-bullish less-overbought territory.. shorts could hedge or longs could sell before much harm is done..

Then how do 'contrarians' often turn out to the final, and often only, winners of this game we call investing? How can large corporations suddenly increase 2-3 in value, to multiples only seen during the crazy tech boom of the 90's.. while the market does not doubt this valuation for much more than a single minute?

Then I ask, could this happen to us too?
    Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.

In the short term the stock market is a voting machine. In the long term, it is a weighing machine.

These two quotes are the foundation of value investing. It's how I invest.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 07:33 PM
    9.92 $ in P.M., are we going to go through 10$ today? That would nice... What is our resistance? Morgan? JLagoon?

Sent using my ? Z30
    Hi Bizzarothor and all:

Here is my update BBRY chart with a few resistance price points (plus or minus a few cents).

Daily extended:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2014-06-23-9.40.41-pm.jpg

- Resistance price points: $10.74, $12.02, $13.44, $15.03, and $16.60.
    - Personally, I would like to see this stock reach $16 - $17 this year.
    - Based on what we know now, I don't think, I would be selling the stocks even when it reaches that point. Because of the following, at least:
    "No material revenue has yet been recognized from BES 10; however, the Company continues to expect gradual revenue contributions from BES 10 and BES 12 beginning in fiscal 2015 through value-added services targeting enterprises. EZ Pass Program resulted in a total of 1.2 million licenses issued for BES10, including more than 10% of total licenses traded in from competitors� Mobile Device Management platforms"
    - So, how would the numbers on the books look, when we see revenue from BES10?
    - Also QNX, healthcare, and ION. This goes much more into the future.
    06-23-14 09:21 PM
    @JLagoon, You sir are a genius.

I was going to ask you or M8 to post something because for the first time in a long time I am in green and was wondering what to do.
    I am going to make a print-out of your post and stick to my wall, reminding me to look forward and don't do anything stupid.

thank you very much.
    06-23-14 11:13 PM
    Ok guys, most of you know me so I'm sure you won't read it wrong. Some here (enlighted investors) are not concerned by this. It's more likely intended for rookies like me.

We all have to consider our positions also as an investment and not only a faith act.
    Many here are in the $10-12 avg SP green zone.
    If ever we hit the $15-ish mark it is not unreasonable to consider lighting our position and secure our investment.
    Here's IMHO why :
    1/ If this is temporary top, then you'll be able to re-inject money later
    2/ If this is a long trend to the moon (say the $30s), just consider the gain you made (30-50%) on these particular shares and enjoy.

I for one, unless a strong "trend to the moon" is observed and explained by our "enlighted investors" will probably reduce my position +/- 30% for that.

This is not an advice, just a way to remind us that "balls of steel" (we already know must of us have !) is a nice gimmick, yet we also have to "drive safely". Now, each on his own has to make his homework and act accordingly with his conclusions, of course !

Cheers,
    SF
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 06-24-14 at 10:42 AM.
    rarsen, tatail, bungaboy and 9 others like this.
    06-24-14 03:51 AM
    I can understand if you are unemployed or just your average working class slave using anything but the best (BlackBerry) but for a big company like that to using old and outdated and pathetic iphones then you deserve to get hacked. I'm sure someone will get fired for deciding to use old and outdated iPhones

Posted via CB10
    Never enjoy customer's drama. Even if they are using competitors' solutions.
    We will probably see more cases like these and we should refrain from the "I told you, you deserve it" mood.
    Sounds familiar? Remember how we hated it when our historical opponents were there and had this recurring speech ?

Show empathy, give solutions. Adding pain to wounds is never a good approach.
    jxnb, rarsen, bungaboy and 5 others like this.
    06-24-14 04:00 AM
    I bought some of my shares under $6, and some under $7 (and a few at $8), and I'm just holding. I'm not able or willing to try timing stuff. I'm not buying any more at the moment, and won't be until I see what the fall launches look like. That's just me as a TA atheist though. There is no way I'm selling a recovering company that hasn't even returned to profits yet. Good luck to those of you who dip in and out. I'm far too lazy and ignorant and will be sitting on my shares for the next few years (hopefully), and adding when I feel it makes sense.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 04:19 AM
    Posted by member brian_winterfell on the News and Rumors board:

German Chancellor Angela Merkel holding her Q10

Attachment 279833
    I bet the NSA is already embedded in her new "secure" device.
    06-24-14 05:47 AM
    I bet the NSA is already embedded in her new "secure" device.
    Do you really think that or are you simply just poking for reaction?
    06-24-14 05:52 AM
    Obviously, it's quite possible that the US still have her under surveillance. The Germans aren't dumb though, so it's likely not happening...who the hell knows. We certainly don't, and neither would the folks being spied on, whether they be American or German or Chinese.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 06:20 AM
    wow the shorts are really having a field day in premarket trading to themselves
    ZayDub and neteng1000 like this.
    06-24-14 07:18 AM
113,250 ... 26862687268826892690 ...