View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    The shorts are trying there hardest not to create a pump while they are covering
    It sure seems that way! These shorts sure are shrewd! LOL

I don't comment on this topic often, but I read it religiously!

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 10:05 AM
    Either I don't understand "Revenues" correctly or someone may forgot the difference between revenues (sales) and margins (benefits) ...
    On a large scale, this is what has been advertized by Chen : forget the volume, give me 70% return rate and I'm a (much) happy(ier) camper.

'Forget the volume?' lol. You may want to 'forget the volume', but the volume is an important part of the data. Why on earth would you want to forget it - or any key data for that matter? Anyway...even if we do choose to forget the volume for whatever reason - and I can't think of a good reason to do so - and forget all of the official BlackBerry annual reports going back many years that explicitly forefront devices, in words, numbers, and visuals, we are still left with common sense to spar with. It's a simple observation: you look at what happened to the company when that volume you want to forget about disappeared. The bloody company went into cardiac arrest.

Look, 70% margin on eff all isn't very useful, nor is high volume and no profit. Neither extreme describes 'pre-crash' BlackBerry, but as I said, the data are blindingly clear, and the attached graph is merely one example of it.

I'm not going to get a high volume of hearts here, but I'll take a high margin of fact any day.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140620_155824.png

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 10:13 AM
    It sure seems that way! These shorts sure are shrewd! LOL

I don't comment on this topic often, but I read it religiously!

Posted via CB10
    I bet most of todays volume is shorts just trading shares back and fourth trying to cover a small amount without raising the price that much
    La Emperor and bungaboy like this.
    06-23-14 10:15 AM
    Anyway...let's just be happy about the current good news, and hope for a mix of high margin revenue and high volume sales. that's the path to this $100 party people keep talking about.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 10:23 AM
    Heartbleed-based BYOD hack pwns insurance giant Aviva's iPhones
    Slabs and mobes moved to BB10 service... yes, you read that right

Heartbleed-based BYOD hack pwns insurance giant Aviva's iPhones • The Register
    06-23-14 10:29 AM
    I bet most of todays volume is shorts just trading shares back and fourth trying to cover a small amount without raising the price that much
    You are probably right. I'm hoping we close at at least $10.30 today. I don't have the exact figures, but if memory serves correct, after ~ 14% on Thurs and 8% Fri, I wouldn't mind a 'modest' increase ~ 5% today...but the more the better!

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-23-14 10:30 AM
    Sorry if this was already posted! more great news, don't know how quiet the shorts can be, but I bet they are not happy!!!
    This Morning: Apple’s Baseband Intentions, BlackBerry Upgraded, Pondering Intel - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com
    Someone in SA comments quoted what Chen said as "If you offer me $100 per share, I'll probably call you back".
    Can anyone verify this? Thx.
    Can BlackBerry Shoot For $20? - BlackBerry Ltd. (NASDAQ:BBRY) | Seeking Alpha
    Yes, he said that. Might have been a CNBC or Canadian finance show in an interview when he said that. It was in response to the failure to go private and whether or not the company is for sale.

Posted via CB10
    La Emperor likes this.
    You are probably right. I'm hoping we close at at least $10.30 today. I don't have the exact figures, but if memory serves correct, after ~ 14% on Thurs and 8% Fri, I wouldn't mind a 'modest' increase ~ 5% today...but the more the better!

Posted via CB10
    I think we will see a modest run up over then next couple of weeks no real pop but if there is some news the comes out we could see a pop
    ZayDub and bungaboy like this.
    06-23-14 10:31 AM
    Gentlemen...
    Attachment 279790

Posted via CB10
    Glad to see book-face red.

Say, if You-Tube, Twitter, and Facebook ever group, they could be You-Twit-Face.
    Wonder what the symbol would be....

(Credit from RZIM Ministries).
    06-23-14 10:32 AM

When will enterprise customers pull their heads out of their.... you know what.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 10:32 AM
    Today, the chart looks to be going slowly uphill.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 10:44 AM
    'Forget the volume?' lol. You may want to 'forget the volume', but the volume is an important part of the data. Why on earth would you want to forget it - or any key data for that matter? Anyway...even if we do choose to forget the volume for whatever reason - and I can't think of a good reason to do so - and forget all of the official BlackBerry annual reports going back many years that explicitly forefront devices, in words, numbers, and visuals, we are still left with common sense to spar with. It's a simple observation: you look at what happened to the company when that volume you want to forget about disappeared. The bloody company went into cardiac arrest.

Look, 70% margin on eff all isn't very useful, nor is high volume and no profit. Neither extreme describes 'pre-crash' BlackBerry, but as I said, the data are blindingly clear, and the attached graph is merely one example of it.

I'm not going to get a high volume of hearts here, but I'll take a high margin of fact any day.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140620_155824.png 
Views:	734 
Size:	115.0 KB 
ID:	279810

Posted via CB10
    High volume of devices with negative or slightly positive (BlackBerry can't make more than 10%, as I speak & IMHO) is a no luck strategy. Because it won't be enough to fuel any decent mandatory promotion (we compare with $1Bil / year advertising-marketing for each appl and goog). Plus, we're talking about a refresh rate of 1 device/3years with no real loyalty embbeded.
    Again, it's just a question of timing. They.Cannot.handle.it.right.now.by.any.means. Shall they want to, they won't be able to set it right. We already paid the high price for that.

On the other hand, enterprises services generate high return rates with stong loyalty (plans are made for the mid-term, at least).
    Talk about a solid, realistic, measurable and achievable plan. First.

Edit :

Anyway...let's just be happy about the current good news, and hope for a mix of high margin revenue and [...] high volume sales. that's the path to this $100 party people keep talking about.

Posted via CB10
    Agree, just a missing "then", IMHO
    bungaboy, Greened and rarsen like this.
    06-23-14 10:45 AM

Heartbleed-based BYOD hack pwns insurance giant Aviva's iPhones �€� The Register
    You've just beat me at it
    Heartbleed-based BYOD hack pwns insurance giant Aviva's iPhones �€� The Channel

P.S: playing the SEO here
    06-23-14 10:49 AM
    Ok HERE we go
    ZayDub and Superfly_FR like this.
    06-23-14 10:57 AM
    Matched the day's high earlier at $10.14...lets keep pushing! would anybody else buy more at this level just to take advantage of the short term momentum??

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, Shanerredflag and sidhuk like this.
    06-23-14 10:59 AM
    High volume of devices with negative or slightly positive (BlackBerry can't make more than 10%, as I speak & IMHO) is a no luck strategy. Because it won't be enough to fuel any decent mandatory promotion (we compare with $1Bil / year advertising-marketing for each appl and goog). Plus, we're talking about a refresh rate of 1 device/3years with no real loyalty embbeded.
    Again, it's just a question of timing. They.Cannot.handle.it.right.now.by.any.means. Shall they want to, they won't be able to set it right. We already paid the high price for that.

On the other hand, enterprises services generate high return rates with stong loyalty (plans are made for the mid-term, at least).
    Talk about a solid, realistic, measurable and achievable plan. First.
    You either misread the original post, or have switched topics now, but never mind. The original post referred to pre-crash BlackBerry and current collective amnesia regarding its makeup, profit sources, and focus. It had nothing to do with present or future strategy. Let's leave it, and enjoy the nice 'weather'.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    06-23-14 11:00 AM
    Chance are we might get a Squeeeezzzzzzzzzzz

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-untitled.png
    La Emperor likes this.
    06-23-14 11:04 AM
    Today, the chart looks to be going slowly uphill.

Posted via CB10
    Morgan, Jlagoon and Chris have certainly helped improve our TA skills, haven't they!!!

06-23-14 11:06 AM

News like this only need to make it to big air once, and the masses would start to react. Unfortunately, deep pocketed people own plenty of Apple stock, so that tends to color mainstream media a tad-bit.
    06-23-14 11:21 AM
    Posted by member brian_winterfell on the News and Rumors board:

German Chancellor Angela Merkel holding her Q10

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-2-w-650-c-0.bild.jpg
    06-23-14 11:50 AM
    LoL. Somebodies are pushing awful hard to get this below $10.
    06-23-14 12:19 PM
    BlackBerry rises on �€˜meaningful progress�€™ - FT.com

BlackBerry rises on ‘meaningful progress'

BlackBerry shares rose above $10 apiece for the first time since March after brokerage Evercore lifted its view as the company makes “meaningful progress” on its turnround.

Analysts with Evercore increased their rating on the firm to ‘equal-weight’ from ‘underweight’, marking the first time in at least two years that three-quarters of investment banks have rated BlackBerry ‘buy’ or ‘hold’ equivalent.

The smartphone maker, which has turned its focus to software and its BlackBerry Messenger service, said last week that it swung to a profit in the three months to the end of May compared with a loss a quarter earlier.

“We stick to our call that we like BlackBerry’s plan, albeit late, but now acknowledge stabilising cash burn . . . and a good plan to hold on to the core subscriber base,” Mark McKechnie said.

Mr McKechnie projects the company will grow BlackBerry Messenger to a $230m business and continue to win back corporate subscribers who had switched to other platforms including Good, which recently filed paperwork to float shares publicly.

“The ‘win-backs’ point to a long-term potential to hang on to ‘die hard’ users,” he added. “With [BlackBerry Enterprise Service 12] launching in November, we expect interest to continue helping to mitigate the company’s continuing sub declines.”

BlackBerry shares climbed 3 per cent to $10.10.
    More, from the same site:
    http://video.ft.com/3631432408001/Bl...ent-/Companies

Sorry I could not embed the video.

Watching this, I respectfully wonder, sometimes, if we - mere mortals - don't know or understand more about BBRY's business than some of these analysts and experts...
    06-23-14 12:31 PM
    Interesting take-away from this article:

Analysts with Evercore increased their rating on the firm to �equal-weight� from �underweight�, marking the first time in at least two years that three-quarters of investment banks have rated BlackBerry �buy� or �hold� equivalent.
    BlackBerry rises on meaningful progress� - FT.com
    06-23-14 12:32 PM
    I sure hope the shorts had fun today trading to each other
    bungaboy, Corbu and Bacon Munchers like this.
    06-23-14 01:54 PM
113,251 ... 26852686268726882689 ...