View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140620_155824.png

Thought I'd post this to try and clear up the confusion over why the media and the world regard BlackBerry as a smartphone maker. There's been some back and forth over this issue in the past months, with any number of people explaining to me why I've got it all wrong, and don't understand anything, but either these data have been falsified, or a whole lot of people have collective amnesia.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 10:11 AM
    Passport looks weird to me. I don't see it selling based on its looks. I wonder if market is thinking the same thing. Maybe there is a functionality advantage to this form factor that you have to have in hand to appreciate. Like is it light and does it have huge battery life? Or is editing documents easier with something that looks more like a sheet of paper in its width.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 10:12 AM
    Our favorite boy Bunga got sent to the corner for 3 days.

See you soon mate, we all miss you bro!!!

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    06-20-14 10:16 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140620_155824.png 
Views:	1183 
Size:	115.0 KB 
ID:	279174

Thought I'd post this to try and clear up the confusion over why the media and the world regard BlackBerry as a smartphone maker. There's been some back and forth over this issue in the past months, with any number of people explaining to me why I've got it all wrong, and don't understand anything, but either these data have been falsified, or a whole lot of people have collective amnesia.

Posted via CB10
    It's not amnesia.
    JC has been mentioning again and again that the direction the "alive again" BlackBerry is taking is focused on enterprise, and not hardware.
    06-20-14 10:20 AM
    BBRY upgraded to $20 ?
    06-20-14 10:25 AM
    Weird, well known short seller Citron, gave BB a $20 PT.
    Mr BBRY, La Emperor and bungaboy like this.
    06-20-14 10:26 AM
    BBRY upgraded to $20 ?
    Looks like our buddy Citron has more positive things to say!
    Reed Richards and bungaboy like this.
    06-20-14 10:27 AM

Don't drop the soap in CB jail! lol
    Mr BBRY and bungaboy like this.
    06-20-14 10:29 AM
    Citron, if I recall correctly, was one of the few bulls during the most difficult times.

Just raised his persistent $15 tp to $20

Dominate the MCAT C0012A8A6
    06-20-14 10:31 AM
    Weird, well known short seller Citron, gave BB a $20 PT.
    AKA they just covered there short position and went long. Crooks
    morganplus8, rarsen and bungaboy like this.

Really? No way. LoL. But he loves to live on the edge. I know he can't stand the ****s. Oh well. Rules are rules.
    See you soon bro. Gonna miss you for sure.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    FWIW, Citron:
    http://www.citronresearch.com/wp-con...ings-final.pdf

Citron Introduces:
    The Biggest Tech Investment Opportunity of the Year….
    Hiding Right Under Wall Street’s Nose!

BlackBerry: Please Change Your
    Name Back to “Research in Motion”!
    Citron Raises Target to $20…
    Our Best Idea in YEARS!
    06-20-14 10:33 AM
    Citron, if I recall correctly, was one of the few bulls during the most difficult times.

Just raised his persistent $15 tp to $20

Ahh ok, but they're widely known for being short sellers on many stocks. Strange than on BBRY, one of the top shorted stocks, they were/are bullish.
    06-20-14 10:34 AM
    First casualty on the dev/apps team.

http://n4bb.com/blackberry-global-al...eaves-company/
    La Emperor, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    06-20-14 10:35 AM
    Passport looks weird to me. I don't see it selling based on its looks. I wonder if market is thinking the same thing. Maybe there is a functionality advantage to this form factor that you have to have in hand to appreciate. Like is it light and does it have huge battery life? Or is editing documents easier with something that looks more like a sheet of paper in its width.

Posted via CB10
    When I first looked at it in the first leaked pictures I thought the same thing.
    But listening to JC and reading more about it makes more sense and looks much better in the latest JC pictures.
    JC said that and average sheet of paper displays 16 words per line and so does the passport.
    I do use my phone 80%reading and typing.
    Looked at the voting between passport and classic this morning, majority leaning towards passport after yesterday. Before, almost every one was not wanting it.
    Looking in person will decide. I am gonna try my self for sure because I don't trust analysts.

morganplus8, Corbu, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    06-20-14 10:38 AM
    Arnt they the biggest bashers?

Along with the Gillis guy who turned coat the day before the ER. Their crystal tip,,,errrr I mean ball is right on the money.
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    06-20-14 10:39 AM
    BlackBerry Jumps 5% on Citron Note: It’s the Internet of Things, Stupid - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com

Shares of BlackBerry (BBRY) are up 44 cents, or almost 5%, at $9.52, after noted short-selling outfit Citron Research this morning reiterated a positive view on the stock, calling it the firm’s “best idea in YEARS!” and raising the target on the stock to $20 from $15.

The argument put forward by Citron is that BlackBerry is transforming itself from being a company is set to dominate the “Internet of Things,” numerous kinds of connected devices, in the same way that it once dominated smartphones.

“This is not 3D printing, electric cars, or solar energy packaged and promoted for momentum players. This is cloud-computing / Software as a Service/Online Security / Big Data / Healthcare Re-visioned / Mobile Payments – combined. This is the future,” the firm’s authors write.

Citron cites a remark made by CEO John Chen back on May 21st:

Billions of connections, generating trillions of transactions and exabytes of data daily, will require platforms that can operate securely on a global scale. No other company is in a better position than BlackBerry to provide the technological building blocks, applications and services needed to enhance productivity, improve real-time decision making and deliver on the vision of the …”Internet of Things”

The authors go on to say that “John Chen is one of the strongest and most credible leaders on Wall Street,” who sold his prior turnaround, Sybase, to SAP (SAP) for $5.8 billion, and that he is a “man of action who has NEVER been known for hyperbole or overly promotional behavior.”

The firm notes valuations for Internet of Things companies include $3.2 billion paid for Nets Labs by Google (GOOGL) this year. Potential acquirers of BlackBerry, the firm writes, include SAP, Google, Apple (AAPL), Cisco Systems (CSCO).
    rarsen, zyben, Mr BBRY and 4 others like this.
    06-20-14 10:49 AM
    20 dollars by Christmas and 40 by next Christmas
    06-20-14 10:53 AM
    For you bud from Bungaboy

Can you tell bizzarothor in the thread that the coupon code for $100 on shop BlackBerry still works but not for Z30. Code is SAVE100BB148. For Canada orders. I see in the thread he say it doesn't work.

Corbu, zyben, sidhuk and 5 others like this.
    06-20-14 11:02 AM
    Ahh ok, but they're widely known for being short sellers on many stocks. Strange than on BBRY, one of the top shorted stocks, they were/are bullish.
    Yes! That's right. Now I remember them.

That's why it was so convincing at the time. Very successful shorters with only a few long positions ever.

06-20-14 11:03 AM
    Thanks, I did try 148 but not to avail. Maybe yesterday was the last day?

Sent using my ? Z30
    PM'd you too...cheers Ben
    sidhuk, bungaboy and theRock1975 like this.
    06-20-14 11:06 AM
    It's not amnesia.
    JC has been mentioning again and again that the direction the "alive again" BlackBerry is taking is focused on enterprise, and not hardware.
    Yes, that's been hard to miss, but that's not the amnesia I was talking about. I was referring to a series of extended exchanges regarding BlackBerry's 'roots' in which I was roundly and soundly pilloried as the village fool. No need to go on and on. The data are overwhelming.

As for Chen, I think he's been quite right to downplay BlackBerry's interest in the device market. I would have thought that folks in here would be better able to see Chen's PR efforts for what they are though.

I think Chen is doing a great job in this regard, but any serious person can see that BlackBerry want back into the device game badly. Of course they do. While Chen is asking people to look the other way, BlackBerry are busting their backsides to get their device game in order, whether they wish to announce it publicly or not.

BlackBerry have been, and still are, a device company. They are branching out into new areas, and that is excellent, but they aren't dumb. They know what will happen if they can sell phones again, and they'll be gunning for that while pretending that they aren't.

Posted via CB10
    bigbbrybeliever likes this.
    06-20-14 11:07 AM
    http://cdn3.videos.bloomberg.com/m/N...c51a8a_240.mp4

I like the tail-end "if you offered me 100 per share, I would probably call you back"

morganplus8, Corbu, zyben and 10 others like this.
    06-20-14 11:23 AM
    I see we're pushing past $9.66 on the NASDAQ, keep pushing!
    06-20-14 11:34 AM
    For you bud from Bungaboy

Can you tell bizzarothor in the thread that the coupon code for $100 on shop BlackBerry still works but not for Z30. Code is SAVE100BB148. For Canada orders. I see in the thread he say it doesn't work.

Thank you to you both! It does work, I was trying without the capital cases (duh!)

We're not doing anything illegal are we?
    (referring to you passing on this message, lol)

Sent using my ? Z30
    bigbadben10 and bungaboy like this.
    06-20-14 11:39 AM
113,251 ... 26792680268126822683 ...