Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    LOL:

Eazzy Peazzy
    sidhuk, bergeron37, zyben and 1 others like this.
    06-20-14 07:44 AM
    Say what??? Doesn't look like a cold day in he_l :

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140620_065134.png
    http://www.analystratings.net/stocks...lMedia-Twitter

Eazzy Peazzy
    06-20-14 07:52 AM
    Say what??? Doesn't look like a cold day in he_l :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140620_065134.png 
Views:	925 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	279148
    http://www.analystratings.net/stocks...lMedia-Twitter

Eazzy Peazzy
    Arnt they the biggest bashers?

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    La Emperor and bungaboy like this.
    06-20-14 07:55 AM
    Attachment 279134

I find this a great example of how we sometimes lose sight of BlackBerry's actual 'roots' when it comes to revenue.

Posted via CB10

Edit: this is not to say that plans for the future are not positive.
    This is interesting. The high margin service part(yellow), which is what we want more of, should begin to increase next calendar year.

BES will become a huge cash cow after the free ride is over. Hardware margins(Blue) were negative for years, so remove that from the equation and what are you left with?

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 08:03 AM
    OT:
    As some of you race enthusiasts may know, Porsche returned to Le Mans this year to face the formidable Audi team for the first time in 16 years.

This is what they have come up with, post race...

I like this spirit, in our own context... A proper fighting spirit! I would run this video in a loop at BBRY HQ...

Have a good day!
    06-20-14 08:03 AM
    Pre-Market is looking good. Lets hope the shorts continue to cover
    06-20-14 08:05 AM
    JC interview on BNN, from yesterday:

[video]http://www.bnn.ca/Video/player.aspx?vid=384495[/url]
    And wouldn't sell BBM even at 2billion offer.

Last edited by sidhuk; 06-20-14 at 08:34 AM.
    Mr BBRY and bungaboy like this.
    06-20-14 08:09 AM
    And wouldn't sell BBM even at 10billion offer.

I think it was 2 billion not 10
    sidhuk likes this.
    06-20-14 08:13 AM
    These kind of sites should look great on the newly announced passport for professionals.
    http://swimdaily.si.com/2014/06/16/b...body-painting/
    Channel C0013E365

06-20-14 08:15 AM
    I think it was 2 billion not 10
    Yeah. Went back and listened again. Thanks. Still two billion is fine however he is not selling. Very important for future services.

06-20-14 08:36 AM
    SAVE100BB148 (Canada)
    SAVE100BB142 (US)

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, I did try 148 but not to avail. Maybe yesterday was the last day?

Sent using my ? Z30
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-20-14 08:37 AM
    This is from another thread. Since I am interested in passport,
    http://berryflow.com/2014/03/blackbe...board-overlay/
    Very interesting technology/concept
    "?So configured, a user can, for example, assert specific individual keys to thereby enter associated alphanumeric content and can also move a displayed cursor by moving a fingertip about the surface of the keycaps without actually pressing down on any of the keycaps to actually assert any of those keys. This approach, in turn, permits the temporarily-placed physical keyboard to simultaneously serve in at least two distinct user-interface modalities. This dual (or greater) function capability, in turn, can greatly leverage the usability and value of such a temporarily-disposed keyboard"

This may be the device which will turn some heads around. Very excited.

06-20-14 08:49 AM
    I promised to post a couple of charts on BBRY so here goes:

The first one is that of CNBC's Ari Wald who a little over a week ago, predicted that BlackBerry would be heading to $ 6.00/shr: This is what his chart looked like that day (see my lines) and it includes the actual result which is a very clear break from the downtrend line that began back in January 2013:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-chart-june-20a-2014.png

And here is his prognosis for BlackBerry earlier this month.
    http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/talki...220242220.html

So there you have it, we are now outside the area of weakness for the first time in 17 months according to his charts and all we have to do is retest that downtrend line and bounce off it to start our first leg higher into an extended bullish period. According to the line we should fine support around $ 8.75/shr and move higher from there.

Now for my work:

I look at this in a shorter period or term of 6 months or so:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-chart-june-20-2014.png

I see us as having moved from the $ 7.18/shr to $ 9.00/shr as a sub-group, to a higher level, now we are looking at closing price support at $ 9.00/shr to $ 10.72/shr. We can drop to the $ 9.00 area, perhaps even lower intraday, but we should close above the $ 8.75/shr level and rally from there. The goal now is to fill the space up to the recent double top as a first move. I see little reason to think we can't fill that space. We had a couple of downward trends earlier this year after trying to take out $ 10.72 but this time around I think we'll head up there over the course of the summer and break above that level and thus start a major trend up into the end of this year.

The other point of this chart is to show that while the 50-dma is below the 200-dma, we are above both of them now and the 50-dma has turned and is rallying hard now towards another Golden Cross which will occur in about 4 - 5 weeks time. The stock is very bullish, they can try to hold it back but the fact that Ari Wald blew it, and his 17 month bear chart has failed, ..... should give you some added confidence!
    06-20-14 08:54 AM
    Arnt they the biggest bashers?

Yes sir...

Edit: They preach their position loud and clear...when they were short they had no scruples about "creating" news...even though it was borderline nonsense.

I am interested to see if the same holds true if they are long...I think likely yes as its "all about the money".

Eazzy Peazzy
    Last edited by Shanerredflag; 06-20-14 at 09:18 AM.
    ibpluto, sidhuk, zyben and 1 others like this.
    06-20-14 08:55 AM
    Hey, anyone picked on CHEN throwing Identity management into the mix yesterday ? What could that mean? Biometrics to access phones and verify users identity against a list of user held over BES servers ?

Sent using my ? Z30
    sidhuk, Corbu, zyben and 2 others like this.
    06-20-14 09:15 AM
    Hey, anyone picked on CHEN throwing Identity management into the mix yesterday ? What could that mean? Biometrics to access phones and verify users identity against a list of user held over BES servers ?

Sent using my ? Z30
    Plus he was hinting on dual sim issues and how they plan to curve it. He didn't want to disclose lots of things and that's what I liked.
    I also noticed that leaks have died down considerably. Even on the financial front. And that my friend is called true leadership.

06-20-14 09:31 AM

Sent using my ? Z30

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe tickets, IDs, and credit card credentials?
    06-20-14 09:32 AM
    This is interesting. The high margin service part(yellow), which is what we want more of, should begin to increase next calendar year.

BES will become a huge cash cow after the free ride is over. Hardware margins(Blue) were negative for years, so remove that from the equation and what are you left with?

Posted via CB10
    Are we looking at the same data? Blue is hardware on that chart, mate. How are you interpreting the data?

Posted via CB10

Attachment 279173
    06-20-14 09:44 AM
    I was wondering the same thing. Maybe tickets, IDs, and credit card credentials?
    The unique BBM pin can also be identity card associating with BBM log in I'd to a bank account, tickets, etc.
    BBM pin is available across most devices (android ios) now. It is just like having a single account number, over taking/associating with what account is registered under it.
    The individual systems will only provide access if they are accessed from individual's BBM ID. Using the newly introduced ebbm secured connection. Although, currently available on blackberry devices only.

06-20-14 09:49 AM
    Looks like we are going vertical!... what's the news?
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    06-20-14 09:53 AM
    Seems like JC was able to scare some people. Or it could be just pump and dump.
    Seen this movie before, many times.
    Looks more realistic uptick this time.

06-20-14 09:57 AM
    Take a guess?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140620_100302.png

Mr BBRY, La Emperor and bungaboy like this.
    06-20-14 10:04 AM
    It seems $9.45 is the shorts pain threshold. If we get past that number and hold the gains we are away. Otherwise.....
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    06-20-14 10:04 AM
    Nasdaq turned upwards too but some big blocks added there.
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    06-20-14 10:08 AM
    I don't think we got as big a bounce as was warranted from these earnings release. I'm patient and will continue to hold. But really BlackBerry is looking great. Next quarter might even be operationally close to cash flow even. If it was just a $100m cash loss that would be great. Then get to even by the following quarter. I could see that happening.

Stock still seems cheap to me.

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, zyben, Mr BBRY and 4 others like this.
    06-20-14 10:10 AM
113,256 ... 26782679268026812682 ...