1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I think i am gonna end up buying this.
    Me too!
    06-19-14 11:16 AM
    Is it me or is the market still harsh on BBRY?

I would have expected an even greater SP hike today, on the news that have just come out. We seem to be settling in at around 11-12%... Am I being too demanding? Probably...

This is a purely non-technical, not based on anything response... more of a gut feeling (and we know what these are worth ).

Still, I am extremely pleased with this ER/AGM and looking forward to the next 3 Qs. I think JC has this baby under control. :

And congratulations to all of us longs. This has been a good day.
    06-19-14 11:17 AM
    I think i am gonna end up buying this.
    From the pictures etc I didn't think I would even want to see it - just appears to be too wide. But in that picture in Chen's hand it doesn't appear so. JC is not a big man either so if it's that comfortable I will definitely have a look when it's available. I like that he was bragging about the specs on the thing - would be nice to have a BlackBerry phone with state of the art specs
    sidhuk, bungaboy and Mr BBRY like this.
    06-19-14 11:21 AM
    Chen with Passport.

Attachment 278948
    Looks better in the hand that just alone in a picture.
    06-19-14 11:25 AM
    From the pictures etc I didn't think I would even want to see it - just appears to be too wide. But in that picture in Chen's hand it doesn't appear so. JC is not a big man either so if it's that comfortable I will definitely have a look when it's available. I like that he was bragging about the specs on the thing - would be nice to have a BlackBerry phone with state of the art specs
    There was a time that I could almost never leave home without my passport cause took about between 100 and 125 flights a year. So from that, I know what crack it can fit in lol and it is not that big.
    I for one have always thought that we do have size fatigue. Bound by iPhone followers otherwise it is not a right sized.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    bungaboy and Mr BBRY like this.
    06-19-14 11:26 AM
    I just caught up on everything. $23 million in profit, very nice. With more BES deals ahead, the future is looking great for Blackberry.

Congratulations to us longs that have held their stocks and confidence in the company.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbm-1.jpeg
    06-19-14 11:26 AM
    I almost fee like the Passport is a device for healthcare. Seems to fit the mould of the pocket on a doctor's jacket and the big screen.

Otherwise, it is ok. Too wide to put in your front pant pocket.
    Bankers, Engineers, etc.

Would fit in front pockets of Engineers' pants no problem. Engineers' pants are like a classic great hotel . . . . big ballroom.
    06-19-14 11:29 AM
    Is it me or is the market still harsh on BBRY?

I would have expected an even greater SP hike today, on the news that have just come out. We seem to be settling in at around 11-12%... Am I being too demanding? Probably...

This is a purely non-technical, not based on anything response... more of a gut feeling (and we know what these are worth ).

Still, I am extremely pleased with this ER/AGM and looking forward to the next 3 Qs. I think JC has this baby under control. :

And congratulations to all of us longs. This has been a good day.
    Corbu !!!!

The stock is actually doing very well today, the news is dynamic right now with Chen moving around and talking up the company. In addition, all of the analysts have just finished collecting the data and they aren't ready to issue any statements or upgrades at this time. Finally, there are over 93 Million reasons why some traders would like to see this rally stop!

I think the best gains are going to happen in the days ahead. At least for now, the TA is powerful and the stock has a good tailwind behind it.

Thanks for all of the good information that you provide to this thread sir!!!
    06-19-14 11:31 AM
    Bankers, Engineers, etc.

Would fit in front pockets of Engineers' pants no problem. Engineers' pants are like a classic great hotel . . . . big ballroom.
    Hey ... hey ... hey ...... there!!

Rarsen, myself and a few others resemble that statement man!!! Sure, our pockets are big, even our shirt pockets are specially made for more pens but that's not funny!!!
    bungaboy, sidhuk, Corbu and 8 others like this.
    06-19-14 11:37 AM
    Hey ... hey ... hey ...... there!!

Rarsen, myself and a few others resemble that statement man!!! Sure, our pockets are big, even our shirt pockets are specially made for more pens but that's not funny!!!
    As a Civil Engineer for over 38 years I thought it paid us a "big" compliment!
    06-19-14 11:39 AM
    Guys, it looks like there is a major problem with CrackBerry.com's forum pages. Either I am not allowed to give any more "thanks" or it is another case of a missing button. I am worried because this is similar to the case of the missing BBM camera button that may drive BlackBerry to lose all of its subs and lead to loss of mind share, and ultimately, bankruptcy. It looks like CrackBerry is going down with the sinking ship now too!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    06-19-14 11:39 AM
    Sorry to be OT on a day like today:

Hey Morgan,

Any thoughts on the really low vol for HALO and biotechs today?
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    06-19-14 11:40 AM
    Guys, it looks like there is a major problem with CrackBerry.com's forum pages. Either I am not allowed to give any more "thanks" or it is another case of a missing button. I am worried because this is similar to the case of the missing BBM camera button that may drive BlackBerry to lose all of its subs and lead to loss of mind share, and ultimately, bankruptcy. It looks like CrackBerry is going down with the sinking ship now too!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	901 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	278959
    Take a seat kid. You only get 12 thanks in a day. LoL
    Spend it wisely, like Morgan
    I am out too.
    Lol

bungaboy, Mr BBRY and Superfly_FR like this.
    06-19-14 11:42 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	901 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	278959
    You only get some many thanks in a 24 hour period. So . . . . save them for me. LoL j/k
    06-19-14 11:43 AM
    Let's leave it. Let's agree on 0% active user growth over three months despite the considerable increase in registrations (because it's verified by BlackBerry's own data), and interpret things differently. There are other things to be pleased about.

As for growing up, I think you'll find that the ad hominem attacks in here flow entirely and plentifully in my direction, and that I haven't once directed one at anyone else on this site.

I agreed to stop mentioning BlackBerry's awful marketing in this thread, and I'll agree to stop mentioning the problems with BBMx.

In the name of being regarded as a fool, however, I'll predict now that over the next year, consumer devices sales are going to explode and we'll all forget about how they weren't important anymore - all about enterprise, etc.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think it's about not discussing one particular subject, it's more about keeping things in perspective, looking at the big picture. BBRY 's turnaround strategy relies on many aspects, one of which happens to be Bbm. Right now, it does not seem to be their strongest points, but keep in mind their strategy does not only rely on it either. SF's comments about growing up is about seeing the bigger picture, without unduly focusing on what is only one aspect of a particular recovery plan.

Things are complex, intertwined and cannot only boil down to one particular aspect IMHO.

Sent using my ? Z30
    Mr BBRY and Shanerredflag like this.
    06-19-14 11:44 AM

Hey Morgan,

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-torches-pitchforks-225.png
    06-19-14 11:45 AM
    Corbu !!!!

The stock is actually doing very well today, the news is dynamic right now with Chen moving around and talking up the company. In addition, all of the analysts have just finished collecting the data and they aren't ready to issue any statements or upgrades at this time. Finally, there are over 93 Million reasons why some traders would like to see this rally stop!

I think the best gains are going to happen in the days ahead. At least for now, the TA is powerful and the stock has a good tailwind behind it.

Thanks for all of the good information that you provide to this thread sir!!!
    Thank you for taking the time to shed some light on all of this, Morgan!

You must be right and I am a bit too eager... I was indeed telling myself that the analysts would probably be coming out with some revised outlooks in the coming days/months (we'll see if Faucette still thinks this company is worth $6-7...), that the shorts are still around, that we have another 2 to 3 Qs to be completely out of the woods, etc.

But you are right. Let's wait and see and look forward to some steady progress over the coming weeks. I, for one, believe this company has turned the corner. I hope I am not mistaken.

Best wishes for your continued good health and thanks again for everything that you contribute to all of us here. Cheers!
    sidhuk, bungaboy, Mr BBRY and 4 others like this.
    06-19-14 11:49 AM

Hey Morgan,

leafs123 !!!!!

All of the biotech stocks are sitting on resistance, the NBI and the IBB Indexes are making 3 month highs today but the volume is very weak and so there is little reason for any of these stocks to rally right now. I can name plenty like PDSV, HALO and ACAD that are sitting right on support and waiting to rally. The whole sector dropped 25% with small caps taking an even bigger dump, we have rallied back some distance so far and we'll likely rally all summer long to new highs. I'm not sure which one you favour here but HALO is my biggest holding and that stock is very light on volume having run some distance itself in the past 2 weeks. I'm not worried at all as I think we'll see new highs in the next two months.

But today is BBRY day and forever more, June 19th will always be BlackBerry Day!!!
    06-19-14 11:50 AM
    I am out too.
    Lol

I've been spending them wisely.
    Want to have a few left at the end of the day for Mr. John Chen!!!
    sidhuk, bungaboy, Mr BBRY and 4 others like this.
    06-19-14 11:51 AM

Hey Morgan,

Slip in I AM Gold too and you're good to go.
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    06-19-14 11:54 AM
    I've been spending them wisely.
    Want to have a few left at the end of the day for Mr. John Chen!!!
    Lol
    What about the BBM Chen? Let's give him some thanks and likings? No?
    Come on guys. It is a great day.

06-19-14 11:54 AM
    06-19-14 12:00 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-crackberry-image-2-.jpg
    From another thread. It does not look that extra wide.
    06-19-14 12:01 PM
    Chen coming up on CNBC in the next few minutes.
    sidhuk likes this.
    06-19-14 12:02 PM
    I am out too.
    Lol

haha.. thanks, Sid! Looks like the system glitched and gave me the golden opportunity to "thank" one more post. Guess which one I picked....

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png

sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    06-19-14 12:04 PM
113,256 ... 26742675267626772678 ...