View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    So I know that the only BBM monetization tool right now, i.e. stickers should not have a huge impact, but what if they did? What is a reasonable expectations. I for one, bought many sets, just out of curiosity, not so much to use them as I really don't, but for the young crowd, could it be different ? Of all the actual BBM users, if half of them bought a few sets as well, what would we be looking at, after all royalties have been paid to authors ?

Sent using my ? Z30
    06-18-14 04:02 PM
    I honestly don't know much about some of the other platforms. I thought Amazon's app were Android apps...are they not??

IF we don't see any more BlackBerry native consumer apps, and we are told to go to Amazon, what's the difference?

There has been a LOT of Android app bashing in this thread over the last year or so...security, spyware, etc...surely I'm not the only one who remembers that?

I love the idea of the OPTION of the Amazon store more easily, but I don't like HAVING to go there for consumer apps in future...i really don't say that to be provocative...

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    Well, if you ultimately get that Samsung device.. don't be too disappointed because it will offer you both Google Play Store and Samsung App Store
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-18-14 04:12 PM
    On another note, my company is looking at moving to a larger office in the fall/early winter and one of the front runners right now is space at one of the old BlackBerry buildings.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 04:14 PM
    I think we will see Amazon will buy the handset business off BBRY you heard it here first
    For what purpose? They make their own Android folk phones - with a big dedicated "buy from amazon" button on the side - what do BBRY handsets offer them?

Could be patents but I'm sure they already have an agreement with MSFT that covers them in all important ways.

As for Chen - regardless of how it turns out, he at least has a clear focus - enterprise.
    06-18-14 04:18 PM
    Honest question: would this mean an end to any idea of security/privacy on consumer phones? Again, we have heard loads of talk in here about risky Android apps, etc. IF we simply see the end of new or updated consumer native BlackBerry apps, what are the possible or inevitable negative implications?

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    georg4BB likes this.
    06-18-14 04:31 PM
    He does not get it. and never will.
    Your pick . . . . .

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-chicken-little.jpg

or

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-boy-who-cried-wolf-schecter-ellen-9780553372328.jpg
    06-18-14 04:37 PM
    Give me the "HUB" or give me "Death"
    bungaboy, kfh227, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    06-18-14 04:37 PM
    Give me the "HUB" or give me "Death"
    Time for Blackberry to flat out make a launcher for Android that gives the BB10 experience. Don't crapware it like Samsung does. Give it good specs. And sell it.

They can do both BB10 and Android! They should attack this front aggressively. Then they can probably cross sell BES10/BES12 better.
    06-18-14 04:50 PM
    Where is the troll dude from Indonesia who warned us to . . . "Sell in May"?

The close: TSX surges to all-time high - The Globe and Mail
    06-18-14 05:18 PM
    Heavy volume today in pre-market, market day and after market......hoping this is a good sign for tmr! i won't be getting much sleep as im anxious as hell!

GL!
    06-18-14 06:12 PM
    Time for Blackberry to flat out make a launcher for Android that gives the BB10 experience. Don't crapware it like Samsung does. Give it good specs. And sell it.

They can do both BB10 and Android! They should attack this front aggressively. Then they can probably cross sell BES10/BES12 better.
    I like it!!

Posted via a Device with Z and a 30
    06-18-14 07:37 PM
    Heavy volume today in pre-market, market day and after market......hoping this is a good sign for tmr! i won't be getting much sleep as im anxious as hell!

GL!
    I love it that BlackBerry earnings are now in the AM. Chen will share the news, then go on Fox, CNBC, MSNBC and work his magic. No more negative stupidity, speculation and dumb assumptions from "journalists" and "experts".

Before Chen, it was 3:00pm stock halt. 4:00pm: earnings, rumors, unanswered questions, disaster scenarios, etc.. Overnight the press would just pile on the company.

I'm glad he has a good grip on things. LIKE A BOSS!! Who better to represent BlackBerry than someone who really knows how to get things done.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 07:40 PM
    I was thinking of adding more... my wife saw the iTrade screen open, now I'm sitting on the deck having a beer. NO SHARES WERE ORDERED. The end.

Seriously though...it's too early to really tell, Z3 in Indonesia looks good but only a few days of sales were caught in this ER, Vietnam looks like a win, India appears to be chomping at the bit and then there's all of Africa to launch later this year...me thinks I need to open that screen when she's not around ... and that I am serious about.

Posted via a Device with Z and a 30
    06-18-14 07:45 PM
    We are going to have to change some of the lyrics to our anthem, I think. I think there was something in there about Android apps not being 'secure' or something, but when I try to remember the words, I forget...
    Not "Android Apps", more likely "Android OS" for security and "Google services" pointed out as a privacy concern.
    Android apps are sandboxed, so that your device integrity is not in dange, they'll *never* gain root access.
    So, the only "threat" is the permissions you grant to the app. It's up to you.
    bungaboy and morganplus8 like this.
    06-19-14 02:59 AM
    Still not available and will never be available (via an actual deal with google rather than some dodge or technical) - I'm so sure of this that if someone wants to screen capture this post, if I'm wrong, I'll come and say goodbye and leave.
    If Google is inside BlackBerry, I'm out too (see conclusion) : http://forums.crackberry.com/homepag...kberry-938482/
    jxnb, bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    06-19-14 03:01 AM
    Out of curiosity, I wonder what stops BlackBerry from simply paying Instagram, Netflix, etc. from making a BlackBerry 10 app. Too expensive, or just not something that is done?
    There's no resource for that. You nailed the Amazon-BlackBerry deal cause. Android apps for Joes, Native/ported for enterprises.
    Recent lay-offs confirms this.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-19-14 03:05 AM
    If we are becoming an Android phone company, why not just buy a Samsung? Just because of the Hub?
    No, for everything but "fart apps". (voluntary short sighted, mirroring your question)
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-19-14 03:21 AM
    I feel for the Devs [...]
    Don't.
    I for one will change my plans and produce apps for business instead of games.
    More work, but more money too.
    End of $0.99 or free apps, welcome $5 apps.
    That's a choice, and the platform has nothing to do with it .Mine is HTML5 btw, as I always defended the cross-platform/media (web/mobile) as mandatory for my business.
    jxnb, Mr BBRY, bungaboy and 5 others like this.
    06-19-14 03:24 AM
    Don't.
    I for one will change my plans and produce apps for business instead of games.
    More work, but more money too.
    End of $0.99 or free apps, welcome $5 apps.
    That's a choice, and the platform has nothing to do with it .Mine is HTML5 btw, as I always defended the cross-platform/media (web/mobile) as mandatory for my business.
    You went cross-platform so you were smart. But think about cascades developer
    . The few I know are about to leave now, currently discussing if android or IOS is the better choice. You will not see more new cascades apps in the future and then amazon becomes the only choice for consumer apps. And no android developer will remake a successful android app native. It just makes no sense.
    The smooth cascades apps were all what I loved about BB10 but these will fade away slowly.
    BanffMoose likes this.
    06-19-14 04:21 AM
    You went cross-platform so you were smart. But think about cascades developer
    . The few I know are about to leave now, currently discussing if android or IOS is the better choice. You will not see more new cascades apps in the future and then amazon becomes the only choice for consumer apps. And no android developer will remake a successful android app native. It just makes no sense.
    The smooth cascades apps were all what I loved about BB10 but these will fade away slowly.
    I do read you clear and loud ... and in your particular case, I rekon it's pain.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-19-14 05:11 AM
    Even though they talk about independent developers doing enterprise apps - I don't really see that - I would think that this is more about concentrating resources either giving large enterprises more targeted support to develop bespoke in-house native apps for mission critical things within a security platform (incorporating BES) or getting the larger enterprise software houses to do the same rather than building a community of lots of small enterprise developers who still make native apps.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    06-19-14 05:22 AM
    This is going to suck...CB app forums are down.
    06-19-14 05:37 AM
    This is going to suck...CB app forums are down.
    Go back to bed. It's too early for you anyway.
    bungaboy and zyben like this.
    06-19-14 05:41 AM
    Go back to bed. It's too early for you anyway.
    Haha... I wish!
    Are they working for you Chris?
    06-19-14 05:44 AM
    Haha... I wish!
    Are they working for you Chris?
    hahaha.... Is who working for me?
    06-19-14 05:46 AM
113,251 ... 26642665266626672668 ...