View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Oh, is Instagram not available on Amazon ?

Out of curiosity, I wonder what stops BlackBerry from simply paying Instagram, Netflix, etc. from making a BlackBerry 10 app. Too expensive, or just not something that is done?

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    BlackBerry can't throw money, they can't afford to and it doesn't work like that and Instagram don't care for money, they want to see BB10 users grow. They said Android waited 18 months, BlackBerry 10 has been out for 18 months, so it's a user base issue.
    06-18-14 12:41 PM
    What a game Netherlands vs Australia...crazy game. Kudos to Australia!!!!

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    06-18-14 12:41 PM
    What a game Netherlands vs Australia...crazy game. Kudos to Australia!!!!

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    Lol. Thats what I was doing. While toying around with CB10 live game.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    bigbadben10 and bungaboy like this.
    06-18-14 12:52 PM
    Amazon Phone... As we are speaking...

Fire Phone!
    Rubberized frame, Gorilla Glass on both sides, CNC aluminum buttons. polished button chamfers. injection-molded steel connectors for a tight and precise fit.
    It's got a 4.7-inch HD display, "optimized for one-handed use."
    More on the display: 590 nits brightness. dynamic image contrast and circular polarizer.
    It comes with a quad-core 2.2GHz processor, Adreno 330 GPU and 2GB RAM.
    "Our phones are also our primary cameras." 13MP rear-facing with f/2.0 lens and OIS.

Dual stereo speakers are in there, with Dolby Digital Plus surround sound.
    Camera hardware key.
    Flat cables on the earbuds, with magnetic earbuds that clasp them together. They're included in the box as well.
    "People use thier phones more and more to watch video. We have made video awesome on this phone."
    Etc. Must leave though...
    sidhuk, bungaboy, jxnb and 6 others like this.
    06-18-14 12:57 PM
    Amazon Phone... As we are speaking...

Etc. Must leave though...
    How much I wonder?

Sent from my thingy.
    06-18-14 01:38 PM
    How much I wonder?

Sent from my thingy.
    $199 on AT&T exclusive...very good if you're into Amazon services. Outside of the US, Amazon services suck.

Also the hardware isn't the main thing here, though it is good. The 3D UI experience is the main feature but debatable if it's great.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-18-14 01:40 PM
    $199 on AT&T exclusive...very good if you're into Amazon services. Outside of the US, Amazon services suck.
    How much outright purchase?

Sent from my thingy.
    sidhuk likes this.
    06-18-14 01:42 PM
    How much outright purchase?

Sent from my thingy.
    $199 contract, $650 outright - 32GB

$100 more for the 64GB version.
    bungaboy and anon(4086547) like this.
    06-18-14 01:51 PM
    $199 contract, $650 outright - 32GB

$100 more for the 64GB version.
    Comes with 12 months of Prime too that's nice
    06-18-14 02:13 PM
    Stock Market & Financial Investment News: Educated Investors Get Live Stock Market News Feeds & Alerts at The Fly On the Wall
    BlackBerry upgraded to Buy from Sell at BGC Financial
    BGC Financial analyst Colin Gillis upgraded his rating on BlackBerry (BBRY) shares two notches to Buy from Sell and raised his price target for the stock to $11 from $8. Gillis believes the risk/reward on BlackBerry is turning favorable as new management reduces the company's cost structure and works down the channel inventory. BlackBerry reports quarterly earnings before the market open on June 19. Shares of the phone maker are up 29c to $8.34 in late day trading.
    Corbu, morganplus8, W Hoa and 11 others like this.
    06-18-14 02:22 PM
    FWIW:
    UPDATE: Morgan Stanley Starts BlackBerry (BBRY) at Equalweight

Morgan Stanley initiated coverage on BlackBerry with an Equalweight rating. Analyst James Faucette noted negative trends but estimates "optionality on the value of its assets" is about $6-8/share.

"We acknowledge that there seems to be more negatives to the BlackBerry story than positives. Can the company build competitive mobile device/content management or mobile messaging businesses? We are skeptical; while the QNX operating system looks viable, it is likely to be quite small relative to current market cap. Further expense reductions could be necessary to return to cash flow break-even even as the hurdle rate is coming down quite quickly. The good news is that BlackBerry is likely to see its balance sheet bolstered by cash coming in from tax rebates and the sale of real estate. We estimate fair value of the company’s assets and optionality of businesses to be $6-8 per share," said Faucette.

"We believe investment in BlackBerry is based on option upside that the stock can regain relevance as an enterprise software company, or alternatively can extend the transition long enough to find value in selling its remaining assets," added the analyst. "We are slightly ahead of consensus. We are slightly above consensus, as our EW weighting is based on conviction that John Chen will cut costs aggressively to preserve assets."
    06-18-14 02:24 PM
    Just for the record, here is some news from the official tweet:

"All apps will remain in BlackBerry World. We’ll help interested [Android] developers migrate to the Amazon Appstore over the summer."

And

"We encourage devs 2 build native BlackBerry apps 4 enterprise. Consumer apps 4 Amazon Appstore. Consumer app incentives via Amazon"

So, BBWorld stays flooded with Android apps, and BB prompts us developers to switch to Android when we want to make consumer apps.
    I can't imagine that any nativ dev continues to make consumer apps. The consumer space will sooner or later Android only. That's BB's goal. "Consumer app incentives via Amazon" means, BB wants finally get rid of consumer apps. No native utilities, tools, tracker and whatever.

I'm done with BB and move forward.
    06-18-14 02:27 PM
    [QUOTE=georg4BB;10488270]Just for the record, here is some news from [URL="https://twit.

I'm done with BB and move forward.[/QUOTE]

Obviously.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    06-18-14 02:39 PM
    Damn it. They better not shut down the consumer app store. What are they thinking? This is giving up.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 02:58 PM
    Damn it. They better not shut down the consumer app store. What are they thinking? This is giving up.

Posted via CB10
    I think we will see Amazon will buy the handset business off BBRY you heard it here first
    06-18-14 03:04 PM
    If we are becoming an Android phone company, why not just buy a Samsung? Just because of the Hub?

georg4BB likes this.
    06-18-14 03:12 PM
    I was hoping that native consumer apps will continuesly be promoted or BB world transformed into a premium app store. But this will not happen. There is no other official statement by Blackberry for us native developers. I see only some other frustrated developers in comment sections, stating that they will leave now. That's all. When they leave, there is no reason, that BB supports native apps anymore.
    06-18-14 03:23 PM
    Cuz Sammy sucks?

Posted via a Device with Z and a 30
    tygros, cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    06-18-14 03:29 PM
    I feel for the Devs, but let's wait for JC's comments tomorrow...you know it's going to get asked half a dozen different ways...letssee what he shares.

Posted via a Device with Z and a 30
    06-18-14 03:32 PM
    I called Chen a carpetbagger from day one on this thread.

He'll get the SP up, but is as likely as not to sell out and ruin everything we love about BlackBerry. Flip a coin..never know...maybe it won't end up so bad. The end of BlackBerry apps on a BlackBerry OS on a BlackBerry phone just is not something I can be excited about though.

06-18-14 03:32 PM
    If we are becoming an Android phone company, why not just buy a Samsung? Just because of the Hub?

After many months on this forum I would assume your knowledge of the company BlackBerry is WAY better than you seem to show off in that statement. So in my view you're simply provocative. Why do you believe BlackBerry is an Android company now that they're teaming up with Amazon to offer their apps, music, movies,... (content is their bread and butter) on the most secure platform (which is BlackBerry's strength) out there.
    06-18-14 03:40 PM
    After many months on this forum I would assume your knowledge of the company BlackBerry is WAY better than you seem to show off in that statement. So in my view you're simply provocative. Why do you believe BlackBerry is an Android company now that they're teaming up with Amazon to offer their apps, music, movies,... (content is their bread and butter) on the most secure platform (which is BlackBerry's strength) out there.
    I honestly don't know much about some of the other platforms. I thought Amazon's app were Android apps...are they not??

IF we don't see any more BlackBerry native consumer apps, and we are told to go to Amazon, what's the difference?

There has been a LOT of Android app bashing in this thread over the last year or so...security, spyware, etc...surely I'm not the only one who remembers that?

I love the idea of the OPTION of the Amazon store more easily, but I don't like HAVING to go there for consumer apps in future...i really don't say that to be provocative...

sentimentGX4 likes this.
    06-18-14 03:53 PM
    He does not get it. and never will.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-18-14 03:53 PM
    I called Chen a carpetbagger from day one on this thread.

He'll get the SP up, but is as likely as not to sell out and ruin everything we love about BlackBerry. Flip a coin..never know...maybe it won't end up so bad. The end of BlackBerry apps on a BlackBerry OS on a BlackBerry phone just is not something I can be excited about though.

Again, you must have read an entirely different press release.
    morganplus8, bungaboy and Greened like this.
    06-18-14 03:54 PM
    Hey, I hope it ends up being awesome...we'll see.

06-18-14 03:59 PM
113,256 ... 26632664266526662667 ...