View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    You said what I said about Chris um's article. They knew this news was coming out, so you release an article saying ' bb10 is superior in every way except for apps', then a few days later new article saying 'app issue resolved', so now it's the best mobile experience. You see?

Posted via CB10
    That article???? LoL
    He wants Google deal for his Google services. Not just regular apps.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    Corbu, bungaboy and bizzarothor like this.
    06-18-14 10:29 AM
    You said what I said about Chris um's article. They knew this news was coming out, so you release an article saying ' bb10 is superior in every way except for apps', then a few days later new article saying 'app issue resolved', so now it's the best mobile experience. You see?

Posted via CB10
    But Umi's complaint was for apps that work with GPS. This is not a solution for that. I think the good part about the AAS is that the apps there don't look for GPS so you won't get that annoying prompt every time you open an app from them. Amazon vets every app they post in the store so you know if it's there its not looking for GPS.

Chris's main complaint was the lack of GPS and he felt it was a relatively easy thing for BlackBerry to get (I happen to disagree about that). I don't think today's announcement changes any of that.
    06-18-14 10:33 AM
    It's a step in the right direction.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, sidhuk, Mr BBRY and 2 others like this.
    06-18-14 10:34 AM
    If this deal does not validate BlackBerry I don't know what does.

Amazon phone preloaded with BBM or an Amazon phone running BB10.

Any which way you slice this it's good for BlackBerry and the share price which is why we are all here!

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    Lol. No matter what, some will always see Chen is the most stupid person in this universe. For reason? Just cause?
    Good for humors times on this thread.

06-18-14 10:34 AM
    Lol. No matter what, some will always see Chen is the most stupid person in this universe. For reason? Just cause?
    Good for humors times on this thread.

Ain't that the truth brother!

bungaboy, sidhuk and La Emperor like this.
    06-18-14 10:37 AM

Posted via CB10
    So now do we expect a "Come to Jesus" moment from Chris Umi?
    sidhuk likes this.
    06-18-14 10:43 AM
    Sure sounds like it based on Chen's quote about spending money to develop apps somewhere else.
    Yep - as per the blog post someone else posted:

In the coming weeks, BlackBerry will unveil a new enterprise application partner program designed to deliver more enterprise apps with business-class functionality.
    I'm guessing they cut down developer relationships to a time concentrating on the enterprise apps and everyone gets told to go talk to amazon.
    06-18-14 10:45 AM
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/2274...for-blackberry

06-18-14 10:51 AM
    We are going to have to change some of the lyrics to our anthem, I think. I think there was something in there about Android apps not being 'secure' or something, but when I try to remember the words, I forget...

Regardless, this does seem like good news on the whole. The app gap will be gone, seemingly. Still unsure about the Google services thing, or whatever (I've only ever used BlackBerry).

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    06-18-14 10:53 AM
    And no access to IOS apps? LoL

Bacon Munchers likes this.
    06-18-14 11:00 AM
    And no access to IOS apps? LoL

QNX is capable of doing so, you know. You must remember the whole iOS apps running on the PlayBook fiasco 2 years ago? (So close, it's just been over 2 years, 12th June 2012)

Apple must have chopped his head off, we never heard from him ever again.
    Bacon Munchers and zyben like this.
    06-18-14 11:05 AM
    We are going to have to change some of the lyrics to our anthem, I think. I think there was something in there about Android apps not being 'secure' or something, but when I try to remember the words, I forget...

Regardless, this does seem like good news on the whole. The app gap will be gone, seemingly. Still unsure about the Google services thing, or whatever (I've only ever used BlackBerry).

Still not available and will never be available (via an actual deal with google rather than some dodge or technical) - I'm so sure of this that if someone wants to screen capture this post, if I'm wrong, I'll come and say goodbye and leave.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    06-18-14 11:05 AM
    The app gap is slowly closing, it isn't closed yet. There are still some major apps that Amazon would love to have. For example, Instagram.
    For crying out loud though, if someone tells you BlackBerry 10 has no apps, show them your device.
    06-18-14 11:11 AM
    QNX is capable of doing so, you know. You must remember the whole iOS apps running on the PlayBook fiasco 2 years ago? (So close, it's just been over 2 years, 12th June 2012)

Apple must have chopped his head off, we never heard from him ever again.
    Lol, shshshs.
    It will be the next negative. People won't buy BlackBerry because it is not possible to get apple apps.
    Nay sayers working hard for the next negative bro.

bungaboy, La Emperor and rarsen like this.
    06-18-14 11:12 AM
    The app gap is slowly closing, it isn't closed yet. There are still some major apps that Amazon would love to have. For example, Instagram.
    For crying out loud though, if someone tells you BlackBerry 10 has no apps, show them your device.
    Oh, is Instagram not available on Amazon ?

Out of curiosity, I wonder what stops BlackBerry from simply paying Instagram, Netflix, etc. from making a BlackBerry 10 app. Too expensive, or just not something that is done?

06-18-14 11:32 AM
    Oh, is Instagram not available on Amazon ?

Out of curiosity, I wonder what stops BlackBerry from simply paying Instagram, Netflix, etc. from making a BlackBerry 10 app. Too expensive, or just not something that is done?

This topic has been beaten to death.
    Corbu likes this.
    06-18-14 11:42 AM
    Marketwired BlackBerry
    3 minutes ago

WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - Jun 18, 2014) - BlackBerry Limited (BBRY)(BB.TO), a world leader in mobile communications, today announced that the Amazon Appstore will be available with the launch of the BlackBerry 10.3...

Bouncing off earlier responses from y'all, we heard about this news week's ago with Kevin M. Interviewing that guy from BlackBerry, so no surprise here.

My only question is why would the masses bother with an Amazon phone, when BlackBerry seems to have it covered now?
    If nothing else, it will be interesting to see why Amazon figures that in this almost impossible phone market, that they can make a tangible entrance... curious.
    06-18-14 11:44 AM
    What's one more time....LOL

Wait til tomorrow..DOH

bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    06-18-14 11:44 AM
    BlackBerry CEO on Amazon deal | On Air Videos | Fox Business

The main quote is:

The phones continue to be a good market and applications continue to be a good driver of it. And as I pointed out earlier I am going to be very focused on the high-end phones and very focused on the enterprise side of the equation and the enterprise applications. I think we chatted in the past about how regulated industry, the financial, health care and government, and that remains to be the number one focus of mine and my team and the rest of the consumer space we will reach out through our partners.
    06-18-14 11:49 AM
    This is going to be interesting to watch develop once 10.3 is available. Did the app gap lose mind share or is mind share gone for reasons other than the app gap. It's been an easy thing to say all this time because there was no way to really close it but now we have, with reduced functionality and still with some compromise (Amazon apps don't update as frequently as do the same apps in GP and Amazon has to wait on the changes to AOSP the same as BlackBerry does so they will always be a step or two behind.

I have not put 10.3 on my Z30 I know it has improved runtime but does it allow android apps to address notifications? That's my biggest complaint and if Android apps are going to become more and more important - I think that needs to be addressed if 10.3 doesn't already.

On the plus side we might see native Prime Music, Video and Cloud apps is that too much to hope for? That would really help BlackBerry with some of the ecosystem concerns and it's been my hope since PlayBook to see this on a BlackBerry.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-18-14 11:51 AM
    Forget the app gap, it's now an irrelevant question - as Chen's main targets aren't interested in that question either.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    06-18-14 12:05 PM
    Some suggesting that Fix the BBM Huge bug first before adding any more extra services.
    I am not sure if it is good idea to stop rest of the business because some one has BBM bug? Or is it?

bungaboy likes this.
    06-18-14 12:06 PM
    Good for the stock, at least for a while, but a bit of a bummer. I don't want Android apps. I want BlackBerry apps. Oh well.

Shadowyugi likes this.
    06-18-14 12:09 PM
    Bought some calls at the $9 strike that expire on friday.

Heads I win, tails I don't loose much.

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY and abouthsu like this.
    06-18-14 12:16 PM
    Some suggesting that Fix the BBM Huge bug first before adding any more extra services.
    I am not sure if it is good idea to stop rest of the business because some one has BBM bug? Or is it?

Just suggesting they get their ABCs right before trying to add the whole alphabet. It isn't just me with all these bugs...obviously. I don't feel like bothering with this topic in here - ranting, etc. (but folks will notice it's you bringing it up again), but I've lost two contacts in one day who have said they were just tired of 'rubbish BBM', and deleted it. I don't think adding more stuff to BBM before making sure the darn things works makes sense.

06-18-14 12:18 PM
113,250 ... 26622663266426652666 ...