Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Already over a million shares traded in pre
    06-18-14 08:11 AM
    CEO John Chen. "We've listened to our customers and have taken this important step to deliver on their needs, while executing on our strategy."

This guy is so quotable.
    bungaboy, jxnb, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    06-18-14 08:12 AM
    CEO John Chen. "We've listened to our customers and have taken this important step to deliver on their needs, while executing on our strategy."

This guy is so quotable.
    When are you two getting married ? lol
    06-18-14 08:15 AM
    Man.. I feel you but if your app is good enough then you don't worry about competition. People will buy it. Most folks using BlackBerry want quality rather then quantity that's why in a market flooded with Android we chose BlackBerry.
    Posted via CB10
    Yes, that's what people telling me. But look, the successful Android apps are not bad. The MyFitnessPal app, for example was yesterday voted as the best calorie tracker app for Blackberry - here at Crackberry. And it is not even available at BB World, only as APK download. To make a similar native app is possible, but makes no sense for the small audience, because the Android app is free and people like it. That's the situation.
    When Amazon store is open I will hardly find any niche, where I can finally sell something?
    I hope - as a compensation - BlackBerry removes all the Andoid apps from BBWorld, porting them over to Amazon. This "might" help a bit.
    06-18-14 08:16 AM
    It propably means, that I will finally stop making native apps. I just can't compete with this huge number free, ad driven Android apps. Right now only 2-4 percent of my native BB10 (Cascades, B4BB, 5 stars..) apps got an upgrade via in app-payment. That would be a good number on Android, but not on the small native BB10 platform - no. I already compete with the Android apps flooding BlackBerry World, then Snap and now Amazon. Nobody is willing to pay for a native app, when 10 similar free Android apps are waiting at Amazon. I think it's game over for native development, at least for me.
    Good to know it finally. I was just starting to develop a new app. 2 years of learning Cascades wasted.
    I would buy a quality native app over a free so so ones any day. So, if you make superior apps, I would give it a shot first before giving up.
    tatail, Corbu, bungaboy and 3 others like this.
    06-18-14 08:20 AM
    Whatever keeps devs to develop native apps I am all in for that.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 08:22 AM
    I would buy a quality native app over a free so so ones any day. So, if you make superior apps, I would give it a shot first before giving up.
    For sure. I will pay for quality native apps. I would even pay a premium for them.
    Corbu, plasmid_boy, jxnb and 3 others like this.
    06-18-14 08:52 AM
    I'll tell you, people are impressed when I show them Snap2Chat, third party apps are always almost superior to their in house ones.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 08:54 AM
    Shorts better start to covering today
    plasmid_boy, Mr BBRY and bungaboy like this.
    06-18-14 08:54 AM
    Shorts better start to covering today
    We've said that several times before.

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    06-18-14 08:59 AM
    We've said that several times before.

We have but i think that if this ER we see that last ER was the bottom and we started to turn the ship around then the shorts will cover
    Mr BBRY and bungaboy like this.
    06-18-14 09:05 AM
    For sure. I will pay for quality native apps. I would even pay a premium for them.
    But you are part of the minority. People are just freaking out because of the "good" news and that they finally get the "good android apps". Sorry folks, I don't want to fool myself. It were bad 2 years with delays of BB10, a horrible launch, weak sales, the strategical review, growing Android app competition and as a result: app price collapse. This move is the final nail.
    I stop my rant now, because it's OT. Have a nice day.
    bungaboy and jxnb like this.
    06-18-14 09:20 AM
    We have but i think that if this ER we see that last ER was the bottom and we started to turn the ship around then the shorts will cover
    Obviously, I hope that's true. A positive ER would lead to a breakout for BlackBerry, but it will come crashing down if the fall round of devices flop. I'm waiting till after Christmas to get excited...this is good news though, for sure, so long as the details make sense.

06-18-14 09:25 AM
    I guess the logic of this move is that if you are an enterprise and you need a mission critical native app you will develop it yourself and everything else is done by Amazon

sent from my bright red Nexus 5
    06-18-14 09:45 AM
    BlackBerry also wouldn't announce something huge a day before the ER if the ER was going to be terrible, they need to talk positives, why would they announce something good a day before and then have nothing good left to say on ER day?

If anything, this bump up will ease off anything negative tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 09:55 AM
    I wonder what this means for BlackBerry World. Does this mean BlackBerry are encouraging people to just buy Android apps from Amazon, or are we looking at a situation in which BlackBerry 10 apps are available on Amazon as well? Or something else? The part about helping developers get their apps into the Amazon store is a bit confusing. Obviously, they don't need help migrating apps to Amazon if they already have an Android version...I'm curious to see how this will work.

The answer, IMHO is "Hook developers".
    1/ Allow identified DL in app-shop (BB devices will be monitored)
    2/ Let them realize how "BlackBerry users" have a card and use it
    3/ Make them develop their app so that they avoid non-supported/proprietary android features
    4/ Let them place them both in Amazon (apks) and BBWorld (ported/native)

Oh ... I like that, so much ...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    06-18-14 09:57 AM
    Whatever keeps devs to develop native apps I am all in for that.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, more business oriented apps, with far more revenues potential.
    Then APKS in the app-shop for Standard Joes, ported in BBWorld for lazy Joes and finally native for "rich" Joes (those who pay the right price for the right app).
    Corbu, Mr BBRY, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    06-18-14 10:02 AM
    "Someone" just BBMed me "trust your instinct".
    You bet, bro !
    06-18-14 10:06 AM
    You said what I said about Chris um's article. They knew this news was coming out, so you release an article saying ' bb10 is superior in every way except for apps', then a few days later new article saying 'app issue resolved', so now it's the best mobile experience. You see?

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 10:07 AM
    You said what I said about Chris um's article. They knew this news was coming out, so you release an article saying ' bb10 is superior in every way except for apps', then a few days later new article saying 'app issue resolved', so now it's the best mobile experience. You see?

Posted via CB10
    I think you're giving them entirely too much credit ......
    Corbu, plasmid_boy, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    06-18-14 10:11 AM

Posted via CB10
    Then Chris ...
    1/ is even more evil I thought he was
    2/ deserves my sincere apologies.
    bizzarothor likes this.
    06-18-14 10:12 AM
    I guess the logic of this move is that if you are an enterprise and you need a mission critical native app you will develop it yourself and everything else is done by Amazon

sent from my bright red Nexus 5
    Sure sounds like it based on Chen's quote about spending money to develop apps somewhere else.
    06-18-14 10:12 AM
    "Someone" just BBMed me "trust your instinct".
    You bet, bro !
    Seule Autre Possibilit�!
    rarsen likes this.
    06-18-14 10:13 AM
    If this deal does not validate BlackBerry I don't know what does.

Amazon phone preloaded with BBM or an Amazon phone running BB10.

Any which way you slice this it's good for BlackBerry and the share price which is why we are all here!

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    06-18-14 10:20 AM
    What the Amazon Appstore Licensing Deal Means for BlackBerry Devs | BlackBerry Developer Blog

It’s important to know that the agreement with Amazon is essential in terms of aligning our developer strategy with our corporate strategy, which is focused on delivering the industry-best enterprise mobility solutions.

In the coming weeks, BlackBerry will unveil a new enterprise application partner program designed to deliver more enterprise apps with business-class functionality. As we roll out this program, we encourage you to take a look at the BlackBerry Jam Direct on Enterprise held earlier this year to learn more about BlackBerry’s pillars of enterprise app development.
    1) The Amazon store only supports Android applications. BlackBerry World will continue as it does today for apps
    2) There will be both the BlackBerry World app and the Amazon Store app.
    Last edited by Corbu; 06-18-14 at 10:48 AM.
    06-18-14 10:29 AM
113,256 ... 26612662266326642665 ...