Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Good luck with things Morgan

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, Corbu, Mr BBRY and 6 others like this.
    06-17-14 02:46 PM
    Here's what I've got...

Attachment 278571

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    Have you tried restarting your device to see if that would solve the camera icon issue?

Others that had issues with their sticker packs said that from within the BBM shop, hitting the overflow menu (three dots on lower right) and tapping restore, brought back their missing packs.

I was lucky enough not to have experienced any issues personally, but I hope yours get sorted soon.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! ?
    Last edited by 3_M4N; 06-17-14 at 03:03 PM.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-17-14 02:52 PM
    And I've already purchased Toy Story (of course).

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140617_204354.png

When I try to download again...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140617_204417.png

And...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140617_204421.png

It's impossible to demonstrate the fact that picture attachments are going to the wrong contacts, but that's the one that really concerns me...i wonder what the legal situation would be if someone sent a nude pic to their spouse only to have it arrive on the phone of their boss or someone else...

06-17-14 02:53 PM
    For the record, I'm not having any of the issues mentioned with BBM. Have sent files and pics from share menu, attachments, and in app pics with no issues. Not sure why others seem to be suffering.

Posted via CB10
    I too have used it on my Z30, Z10, Q10, Q5, iPhone, HTC one and SGIII and not even a hint of any problems or issues.
    sidhuk, morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    06-17-14 02:57 PM
    Blackberry needs to be sued. If I was you I would.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    bungaboy and dusdal like this.
    06-17-14 02:59 PM
    To fix the Toy Story bug ask for a refund. Once they refund it, you can download it again. I found the fix yesterday online. My Toy story never worked since the beginning. But I have to ask is this really the right thread for help questions and ********?

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, Corbu and bungaboy like this.
    06-17-14 03:04 PM
    I too have used it on my Z30, Z10, Q10, Q5, iPhone, HTC one and SGIII and not even a hint of any problems or issues.
    Why on earth would you have 7 phones?

Bacon Munchers likes this.
    06-17-14 03:10 PM
    To fix the Toy Story bug ask for a refund. Once they refund it, you can download it again. I found the fix yesterday online. My Toy story never worked since the beginning. But I have to ask is this really the right thread for help questions and ********?

Posted via CB10
    I posted it on another thread first. Someone suggested I post a screen shot, so I did. I don't need to discuss it anymore - it's rubbish, and will last as long as it lasts...my main concern was the bad 'press' this will draw.

06-17-14 03:17 PM
    German security firm finds spyware on Chinese-made smartphone

German security firm finds spyware on Chinese-made smartphone - The Globe and Mail

A cheap brand of Chinese-made smartphones carried by major online retailers comes pre-installed with espionage software, a German security firm said Tuesday.

G Data Software said it found malicious code hidden deep in the propriety software of the Star N9500 when it ordered the handset from a website late last month. The find is the latest in a series of incidents where smartphones have appeared preloaded with malicious software.

G Data spokesman Thorsten Urbanski said his firm bought the phone after getting complaints about it from several customers. He said his team spent more than a week trying to trace the handset’s maker without success.

“The manufacturer is not mentioned,” he said. “Not in the phone, not in the documentation, nothing else.”

The Associated Press found the phone for sale on several major retail websites, offered by an array of companies listed in Shenzhen in southern China. It could not immediately find a reference to the phone’s manufacturer.

G Data said the spyware it found on the N9500 could allow a hacker to steal personal data, place rogue calls, or turn on the phone’s camera and microphone. G Data said the stolen information was sent to a server in China.

Bjoern Rupp, chief executive officer of the Berlin-based mobile security consultancy firm GSMK, said such cases are more common than people think. Last fall, German cellphone service provider E-Plus found malicious software on some handsets delivered to customers of its Base brand.

“We have to assume that such incidents will increasingly occur, for different commercial and other reasons,” Rupp said
    06-17-14 03:26 PM
    I posted it on another thread first. Someone suggested I post a screen shot, so I did. I don't need to discuss it anymore - it's rubbish, and will last as long as it lasts...my main concern was the bad 'press' this will draw.

Make sure you 'hard reboot' your phone. Hold Up/down volume rockers until blue logo loading screen, then release.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    06-17-14 03:31 PM
    I don't know how blackberry intend to protect users if they make phones in China?

Check roms and verify chips randomly?

Posted via CB10
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    06-17-14 03:32 PM
    Make sure you 'hard reboot' your phone. Hold Up/down volume rockers until blue logo loading screen, then release.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the advice - tried that...and everything else...

Anyway, this is why I'm particularly concerned by this stuff...a convert from WhatsApp, and I've got two more from others. Obviously it's not the absolute end of the world, but if this sort of thing is disappointing, and very 'on topic'.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140617_211822-1-.jpg

06-17-14 03:47 PM
    Thanks for the advice - tried that...and everything else...

Anyway, this is why I'm particularly concerned by this stuff...a convert from WhatsApp, and I've got two more from others. Obviously it's not the absolute end of the world, but if this sort of thing is disappointing, and very 'on topic'.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140617_211822 (1).jpg 
Views:	530 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	278582

Great editing skills. How did you get those editing lines on the phone?

morganplus8 likes this.
    06-17-14 03:54 PM

HUGE BBM bugs after update ...
    sidhuk and morganplus8 like this.
    06-17-14 03:59 PM

The what? What are editing lines for goodness' sake? I took the five minutes to cover up the parts that were private and weren't relevant.

If you are suggesting I have fakes the pic, I can't help you.

06-17-14 04:01 PM
    Are you running 10.3?

Posted via CB10
    06-17-14 04:07 PM
    HUGE BBM bugs after update ...
    Lol, yeah enough belly aching. Seems like a fair pay back from BlackBerry for all the mouthing off you've been doing about the company. Haha

Posted via CB10
    theRock1975 likes this.
    06-17-14 04:07 PM
    So much for last week's rumour...

BlackBerry lays off product development workers

WATERLOO — BlackBerry confirmed Tuesday it laid off workers in its product development department in Waterloo last week, but the smartphone maker isn't saying how many people lost their jobs.

"Last week a small number of employees were impacted in the product-development organization," Kyomi Rutledge, BlackBerry spokesperson, said in an email.

"These reductions are part of the already disclosed reductions," Rutledge added.

Last September, BlackBerry announced it would cut 4,500 jobs from its global workforce, or 40 per cent of the people on its payroll.

Since then at least 1,140 employees in the company's Waterloo Region operations have been laid off. That figure does not include employees who were laid off last week.

When BlackBerry announced the job cuts last September, it said it expected to cut its operating expenses by 50 per cent by the end of its fiscal 2015 first quarter, which ended May 31.

BlackBerry will report its first quarter financial results on Thursday before the markets open.
    06-17-14 04:08 PM
    The what? What are editing lines for goodness' sake? I took the five minutes to cover up the parts that were private and weren't relevant.

If you are suggesting I have fakes the pic, I can't help you.

No no. I was asking that did you use an app for those lines on the phone or on the desktop? If it is an app then which one? Thanks

06-17-14 04:08 PM
    BlackBerry's risk-to-reward is compelling, says Cormark's Tse - Cantech Letter

BlackBerry’s (TSX:BB) Q1, 2015 results, due on Thursday, will likely see another quarter of declining revenues, says Cormark analyst Richard Tse. But the company remains attractive at current levels because of the underlying value of its assets, he adds.

BlackBerry’s first quarter follows on Q4, 2014 in which it lost $423-million on revenue of $976-million. The results were a mixed bag as both the company’s loss and its topline were smaller than expected.

Tse says he expects the quarter to be slightly worse than consensus, with a loss of $0.27 on revenue of $972-million, versus the street’s expectation of $0.25 loss on $979-million. The Cormark analyst says his eyes won’t be on the continued decline of revenue-generating subscribers, but rather on the progress of BS12 and the company’s efforts in the enterprise market. He says initiatives such as its recent joint venture with EnStream, a mobile payments initiative owned by Bell, Rogers, and Telus “are the right ones in light of the company’s technology portfolio and obvious challenges in the consumer market,” but cautions that it’s still too early to judge if these efforts will be successful.

In assigning a value to BlackBerry, Tse says he looks at what he thinks its underlying components are worth. His methodology assumes a net asset value of $4-billion, plus another $1-billion for its BBM messaging, MDM and potential IOT platforms and another $500-million to $1-billion for potential tax refunds.

In a research update to clients this morning, Tse maintained his (US) $11.50 target and Speculative Buy recommendation on BlackBerry.
    sidhuk, rarsen, jxnb and 4 others like this.
    06-17-14 04:10 PM
    OT but for those interested in Tesla S cars for investments or simply love the type of vehicle.

Am presently on a business trip in Trondheim, Norway and see several Tesla S on the road. Seems that they have recently been declared the highest bought among new vehicles in Norway. This is most probably helped by government's support of no sales tax on electric vehicles and the authorization to use taxi & bus lanes. Sorry that I don't have the cash or sufficient space on my way back.

Am in the land of the midnight sun, eagerly waiting that John Chen announces good news with subsequent increasing of the value of our shares, so that I can dream a bit. And also good vibes for Morgan.
    :
    snejpa, Corbu, jxnb and 4 others like this.
    06-17-14 04:14 PM
    Lol, yeah enough belly aching. Seems like a fair pay back from BlackBerry for all the mouthing off you've been doing about the company. Haha

Posted via CB10
    I try to be honest. I'd rather mouth off than *#@k off, to be honest. BlackBerry are not a bloody sports team or religion....anyway, ignore the belly aching keep wondering why people aren't as interested in BlackBerry and BBM as you want them to be.

PS - seeing as this thread has seen endless 'belly aching' about media conspiracies, and 'sheep' and short sellers, and the poor benighted masses, and whatever else, I don't feel that bad complaining about and sharing a fairly significant number of bug issues that have a couple friends laughing at BlackBerry and wanting to just delete BBM.

Let's leave it and go back to chanting.

06-17-14 04:24 PM
    Lol. Like Morgan says. I broke my rib. Hahahaha

bungaboy and morganplus8 like this.
    06-17-14 04:28 PM
    Anyway...ER coming up...

Could be pop up a few charts and let everyone know whether the stock is going up or down on Thursday?

06-17-14 04:43 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen480x480.jpeg
    morganplus8 and sidhuk like this.
    06-17-14 05:50 PM
113,256 ... 26582659266026612662 ...