View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    06-17-14 03:52 AM
    Ehhh, no one cares about golf right now, after Germany has beaten Portugal 4:0
    Thomas M�ller is the man! (the guy right)
    Party everywhere!

And they are sponsored by Mercedes-Benz, so there is a kind of linkage to BlackBerry too

With no direct reference to the German team but to the sport in general.

As a member of the male human species I am embarrassed to watch the diving and faked/feigned injuries by these adult "supposed professional" male athletes.

They should act like "men"!
    sidhuk, georg4BB, zyben and 2 others like this.
    06-17-14 08:54 AM
    BlackBerry Z3 launching in India on June 25th

BlackBerry Z3 launching in India on June 25th

Hopefully, Africa soon as well.
    W Hoa, jxnb, theRock1975 and 10 others like this.
    06-17-14 08:56 AM
    The wait seems to be over.
    06-17-14 09:16 AM
    Jannah Hotels Integrates BBM and BlackBerry Devices

Jannah Hotels Integrates BBM and BlackBerry Devices -
    sidhuk, jxnb, La Emperor and 6 others like this.
    06-17-14 09:30 AM
    The wait seems to be over.
    Huh

Posted via CB10
    georg4BB likes this.
    06-17-14 09:38 AM
    Huh

Posted via CB10
    I'd say Chen has the books put in order at this point and is poised to deliver on a solid trouncing of current market expectations based on how he's repositioned BBRY with the Foxconn arrangement.
    06-17-14 10:34 AM
    I'd say Chen has the books put in order at this point and is poised to deliver on a solid trouncing of current market expectations based on how he's repositioned BBRY with the Foxconn arrangement.
    I think the initial release of the Z3 was a limited release to test for demand. And now they are rolling it out to other countries with realistic demand expectations. So, no overproduction issues like we had with the Z10.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-17-14 11:00 AM
    Since others will ask.

THURSDAY BEFORE MARKET OPEN

Earnings Whispers : Earnings Whisper Number for BBRY
    bungaboy and Bacon Munchers like this.
    06-17-14 11:02 AM
    Jeez, this BBM update is full of bugs...I've had four messages from different friends/family complaining and cracking jokes about BlackBerry...

Attachments being sent to the wrong people...messages repeat sending over and over...and I've lost one of my sticker packs (not to mention lost all my chats)...BBM won't let me download it again...says I can't connect to BBM server? I hope they sort this stuff out soon...

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    06-17-14 12:12 PM
    And where on earth has the 'take picture' attachment gone in Bbm? This update is a shambles - so annoying...i was rather happy with my new wallpaper until this nonsense...

06-17-14 12:27 PM
    BBM latest update working fine on our z30, z10, ipad air, ipad mini ratina, iphone 5 and Bluestack android.
    06-17-14 12:52 PM
    Well, I've confirmed big problems from several different people in different countries...

Try sending a photo attachment to someone and see who ends up getting it...this is really disappointing. I like the new wallpaper thing, and I'm glad they've made adding contacts easier, but the option for taking a quick pic and sending it within BBM is gone ?? What on earth ?

It's always frustrating when this happens. Just when you get people onto BBM, this stuff happens and it sends them back to WhatsApp again...i really hope they fix this very soon...

06-17-14 01:03 PM
    For the record, the Toronto Star's take...

Jakarta launch, real-estate sales bring hope for BlackBerry | Toronto Star

Investors will get a progress report this week on BlackBerry Ltd.’s bumpy transition from a company heavily reliant on smartphone sales to a provider of business software and secure infrastructure for the “Internet of everything.”

Analysts on average expect Waterloo, Ont.-based BlackBerry to report a 25 cent (U.S.) per share loss, versus 13 cents in red ink a year ago, on revenue of $963.93 million. That’s down 68.6 per cent from sales of $3.1 billion in the comparable period last year.

The company is scheduled to report results for its fiscal first quarter ended in May before stock markets open Thursday.

Once the leading smartphone maker in North America, BlackBerry has seen hardware sales plummet in the face of new product delays and stiff competition from leading vendors, including Samsung.

It has also sustained a drop in service revenue due to its diminished smartphone user base, forcing a shift to a billing practice where fees are paid by users who opt for additional security and services.

In response, BlackBerry under CEO John Chen is moving to lower costs on hardware through a manufacturing outsourcing deal with Taiwan’s Foxconn Group and is bolstering security on it messaging software to lure enterprise customers to the new eBBM suite.

Some observers also believe BlackBerry is making a push to customizable Android apps for consumer devices to better compete with Samsung and Apple and to reduce the costs of developing in-house offerings.

And Chen is positioning BlackBerry-owned QNX embedded software as a secure platform that links sectors from defense to transportation, health care facilities and energy grids over the Internet.

He is also working to wring more value from the company’s mobile device management business, its patent portfolio and its hardware offerings — gearing handsets to emerging markets such as Indonesia, where BlackBerry recently launched the sub-$200 Z3 Jakarta as part of the Foxconn collaboration.

Some analysts believe the Jakarta has been a modest but important success and will push device sales ahead of expectations for the quarter. BlackBerry sold just 3.4 million handsets in the March period, with the majority being legacy BlackBerry 7 handsets rather than the next-generation BB10 line.

Last week, BlackBerry unveiled an expansion of its secure near-field communication payment data platform for Canadian mobile carriers and banks.

At a recent conference, Chen said BlackBerry’s emphasis on secure software for corporate and government markets and its pivot to lower-cost manufacturing have increased the odds of a successful turnaround, saying the company would be cash-flow-positive by the end of this fiscal year.

Maynard Um of Wells Fargo said the recent sale of BlackBerry’s Canadian real estate and early Jakarta success could improve financials, but “we believe the transition may be bumpy” due to continued loss of customers and disappointing revenue from BlackBerry’s enterprise device-management software.

But he said sales of new handsets and proceeds from divesture of Canadian real estate will improve the company’s financial health. BlackBerry had $2.7 billion in cash at the end of fourth quarter, down from $3.2 billion at the end of the previous three months.

Steven Li of Raymond James, however, said declines in hardware services revenue mean “break even remains a moving target.” He said the company would need to reduce its operating expenses by another 20 per cent if it hopes to eke out a profit.
    sidhuk, bungaboy, Mr BBRY and 6 others like this.
    06-17-14 01:46 PM
    but the option for taking a quick pic and sending it within BBM is gone ?? What on earth ?

It's right here? The camera symbol to the left?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140617_115354.png

Dominate the MCAT C0012A8A6
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-17-14 01:54 PM
    I like the new wallpaper thing, and I'm glad they've made adding contacts easier, but the option for taking a quick pic and sending it within BBM is gone ??
    You should somehow try to reload BBM. I have no problems at all taking pics inside BBM. Nothing has changed here...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140617_205816.png
    dusdal, morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    06-17-14 02:00 PM
    Yeah, I haven't got the camera icon...

I expect they will sort it out soon, but I was shocked by the sheer number of bugs!

It's unbelievable that BBM is sending picture attachments to the wrong contacts...doesn't take much imagination to figure out how that could be terribly wrong...that's an issue that is capable of really scaring people...we need our pics to go where we want them to lol

06-17-14 02:09 PM

I expect they will sort it out soon, but I was shocked by the sheer number of bugs!

It's unbelievable that BBM is sending picture attachments to the wrong contacts...doesn't take much imagination to figure out how that could be terribly wrong...that's an issue that is capable of really scaring people...we need our pics to go where we want them to lol

Posting screen shot without camera option on this thread may help because blackberry tech team does visit this thread once in a while.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    06-17-14 02:13 PM

Just tested sending one out to my spouse, one as an attachment and the other taken directly within BBM, and they both made it from my Z30 to her Z 10.

Are you on Android?

Sent using my ? Z30
    morganplus8, bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    06-17-14 02:18 PM
    Posting screen shot without camera option on this thread may help because blackberry tech team does visit this thread once in a while.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    Mine is working flawless here, man there are some great channels available now. BlackBerry have done some great things with BBM lately.
    sidhuk, Korepab, Mr BBRY and 5 others like this.
    06-17-14 02:20 PM
    Speaking of which, how about the Morgan8 technicals bbm channel

06-17-14 02:22 PM
    Speaking of which, how about the Morgan8 technicals bbm channel

Funny you should mention that, I have three of them setup but I can't launch them until I get past some health issues. I thought I would be able to launch them this month but we suffered a set-back at the end of May. I hope to have something in the next couple of months. Thanks for asking!
    06-17-14 02:25 PM
    For the record, I'm not having any of the issues mentioned with BBM. Have sent files and pics from share menu, attachments, and in app pics with no issues. Not sure why others seem to be suffering.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-14 02:39 PM
    Funny you should mention that, I have three of them setup but I can't launch them until I get past some health issues. I thought I would be able to launch them this month but we suffered a set-back at the end of May. I hope to have something in the next couple of months. Thanks for asking!
    Morgan8 hope things are going well. Sending positive waves and good vibes your way.

Stand Sure!
    06-17-14 02:39 PM
    Here's what I've got...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140617_204156.png

06-17-14 02:42 PM
113,256 ... 26572658265926602661 ...