View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Nice to read a bullish article but he expects 0.8 Million sold Z3 in Q1.
    This number seems far too high, if you ask me. I hope I'm wrong...
    At its peak sales BlackBerry was selling 600 k units per quarter in Indonesia. More recently that number has been closer to 100 k per quarter. To sell 800 k Z3's in less than a month would be in the category of a miracle.

Something we could all use of course, but realistically?
    06-16-14 08:00 AM
    06-16-14 08:14 AM
    Wells Fargo Has 'Slightly Positive Bias' On BlackBerry | Benzinga

Shares of BlackBerry (NASDAQ: BBRY) are trending slightly higher after Wells Fargo said they have a slightly positive bias into earnings. The EPS estimate was changed from a $0.25 loss to a $0.20 loss.

Analyst Maynard Um writes, “While we remain encouraged by the early moves of CEO John Chen and expect improvements in cash flow, we believe the transition may be bumpy (consumer churn, sentiment from new Amazon & Apple smartphones, lower annual revenue of a BES10/12 sub vs a BES 5 sub).”

Specifically, Wells Fargo sees the sale of Canadian real estate and Z3 hardware sales as improving financials.

Maynard Um has a $8.50 to $9.50 valuation range on BlackBerry, based on a one times forward EV/Sales ratio.
    06-16-14 09:29 AM
    06-16-14 09:49 AM
    Well, if true, it certainly gives some insight into why the media may not have any sympathy for BlackBerry. To be honest, could you blame them? What kind of business goes out of its way to **** off or alienate the press? At least we do now seem to have a CEO who isn't so foolish.

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    06-16-14 10:03 AM
    Very insightful...I wonder how accurate the story really is. Comments are good to read as well.

Sent using my ? Z30
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    06-16-14 10:24 AM
    Very insightful...I wonder how accurate the story really is. Comments are good to read as well.

Sent using my ? Z30
    Well that's one side of the story. There are 3 sides to every story. "Their side, your side and the truth!"
    bizzarothor, Corbu, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    06-16-14 10:29 AM
    Well that's one side of the story. There are 3 sides to every story. "Their side, your side and the truth!"
    True, where is the truth when you need it!

Sent using my ? Z30
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-16-14 10:44 AM
    All that matters really is whether or not BlackBerry developed a bad relationship with the media. I don't personally care who was to blame. What's of interest is whether the media had reason, good or bad, for being indifferent or hostile to BlackBerry.

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    06-16-14 10:50 AM
    . Comments are good to read as well.

Sent using my ? Z30
    My favorite. Just saying. Lol
    "Kelly
    it sounds to me like a bunch of reporters feel that the abrasive personality of one man and his refusal to bend over to the whims of a less than well intentioned media deserves eternal villification by an entire industry. Sour grapes because it was hard to get an interview? That's weak. Like the guy who cant get any attention from the new hot babe so he goes off on a decade long killing spree. Canadian Journalists, or at least the ones mentioned in this article, sure seem to have an overblown sense of entitlement. It must suck severely to be a new journalist ready to inform the world and suddenly find out that you have to write stories with a pre selected bias. Journalistic integrity is probably the one thing that can keep a business paper afloat these days. Apparently Globe and Mail felt it was justified in throwing all that to the wayside.
    Posted on 06/07/2014"

"B Kennedy
    further thoughts Have you ever tried to get an interview with Apple execs. Also did you spare a thought for investors with the negative fib spin and by that I mean deliberately false information to kill and damage the brand?
    And as for journalists ever been on the receiving end of the behaviour you complain about? how many sources did you bully. Also perhaps the company had alot of challenges to manage that had a higher priority.
    Medias coverage has been to say the least dumb. really dumb re the intricacies of the business. And to get your own back how many innocent bystanders did you harm....lots and lots and lots.
    Posted on 06/07/2014"

Sorry, just one more

"Michael Sitrick
    Our firm represents Mike Lazaridis. You report that he didn't respond to a request for comment. He is not aware, nor am I, of any such request. How did you try to reach him?
    Posted on 04/17/2014"
    Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    zyben, morganplus8, Corbu and 6 others like this.
    06-16-14 10:54 AM
    My favorite. Just saying. Lol
    "Kelly
    it sounds to me like a bunch of reporters feel that the abrasive personality of one man and his refusal to bend over to the whims of a less than well intentioned media deserves eternal villification by an entire industry. Sour grapes because it was hard to get an interview? That's weak. Like the guy who cant get any attention from the new hot babe so he goes off on a decade long killing spree. Canadian Journalists, or at least the ones mentioned in this article, sure seem to have an overblown sense of entitlement. It must suck severely to be a new journalist ready to inform the world and suddenly find out that you have to write stories with a pre selected bias. Journalistic integrity is probably the one thing that can keep a business paper afloat these days. Apparently Globe and Mail felt it was justified in throwing all that to the wayside.
    Posted on 06/07/2014"

"B Kennedy
    further thoughts Have you ever tried to get an interview with Apple execs. Also did you spare a thought for investors with the negative fib spin and by that I mean deliberately false information to kill and damage the brand?
    And as for journalists ever been on the receiving end of the behaviour you complain about? how many sources did you bully. Also perhaps the company had alot of challenges to manage that had a higher priority.
    Medias coverage has been to say the least dumb. really dumb re the intricacies of the business. And to get your own back how many innocent bystanders did you harm....lots and lots and lots.
    Posted on 06/07/2014"

Sorry, just one more

"Michael Sitrick
    Our firm represents Mike Lazaridis. You report that he didn't respond to a request for comment. He is not aware, nor am I, of any such request. How did you try to reach him?
    Posted on 04/17/2014"
    Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.

sidhuk!!

I broke a rib laughing at this one, thanks for posting those responses, now we are to listen to a college student talk about a company that was problematic to the press 10-years ago? PLEASE stop the madness on this thread! LOL
    Last edited by morganplus8; 06-16-14 at 11:31 AM.
    sidhuk, bigbadben10, zyben and 6 others like this.
    06-16-14 11:12 AM
    Hey morgan or lagoon, i was just wondering if the inverse bead and shoulder is still intact? Is it possible to show a chart with the shoulders I may be looking at the wrong spot

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk likes this.
    06-16-14 01:34 PM
    Hey morgan or lagoon, i was just wondering if the inverse bead and shoulder is still intact? Is it possible to show a chart with the shoulders I may be looking at the wrong spot

Posted via CB10
    I'll defer that question/answer to JLagoon, he has been promoting the structure for a few months now, so we'll let him publish another one of his great charts.

I see a basic chart pattern where we have been sliding to lower highs over the past 1 1/2 years, followed by a bottom and a change in direction.

Here's a quick chart for you:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-chart-june-16-2014.png

Starting back in early 2013, we hit $ 18.32/shr and we have been dropping every since then. Today we are at the bottom of this downward cycle and we are trying to establish a set of higher lows and to reclaim the 50-dma again. Last week we touched the 50-dma and sold off as one would expect. It is now a case of waiting out the Q1 numbers this week to determine where we go from here.

I don't expect any surprises, I see revenue dropping again by only < 5%, I see 350,000 Z3 handsets sold at the most and I see Enterprise bottoming out here. The key story is Enterprise, they are going after that sector of the business and I suspect they are regaining customers this time around. For me that will be the best scenario possible. I see hardware coming back to BlackBerry within 2 more quarters but by then, the stock should have placed a bottom in on the charts and already moving higher.

I have to admit to being very excited about this ER, CHEN is acting like someone who knows something is developing now, a trend of sorts and that's just what the doctor has ordered here to get BBRY back on its feet again. GL!
    zyben, _dimi_, bungaboy and 10 others like this.
    06-16-14 02:08 PM
    350,000 Z3s, coupled with the existing enterprise channel sales of Z10s, Q10s and Z30s could be a much nicer number than last quarter.

Also, my Thunderclap campaign is now fully supported. www.thunderclap.it/projects/12456

I also had a good chat with a researcher who's giving a talk on DCA in Baltimore on Friday, so that should spike some definite interest.
    bungaboy and plasmid_boy like this.
    06-16-14 02:45 PM
    350,000 Z3s, coupled with the existing enterprise channel sales of Z10s, Q10s and Z30s could be a much nicer number than last quarter.

Also, my Thunderclap campaign is now fully supported. www.thunderclap.it/projects/12456

I also had a good chat with a researcher who's giving a talk on DCA in Baltimore on Friday, so that should spike some definite interest.
    And a few Q5s too!
    smart548, morganplus8 and sidhuk like this.
    06-16-14 03:39 PM
    Dca?

Posted via CB10
    06-16-14 03:40 PM
    I could be wrong but BlackBerry doesn't break out the BB10 device sales right?
    06-16-14 04:23 PM
    They most likely will give us the percentage of bb10 vs bb7 like last time

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    06-16-14 04:41 PM
    Dca?

Posted via CB10
    Long story.

I could be wrong but BlackBerry doesn't break out the BB10 device sales right?
    Doesn't matter. They just need to have their BB10 sales surpass the BB7 sales. They'll have to sell upwards of 2 million BB10 devices to show decent quarterly growth.
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    06-16-14 04:41 PM
    Long story.

Doesn't matter. They just need to have their BB10 sales surpass the BB7 sales. They'll have to sell upwards of 2 million BB10 devices to show decent quarterly growth.
    I would be interested in the Z3 number which matters imo, if they provide a breakdown of BB10 handset sales.
    06-16-14 06:01 PM
    Canada's own Mike Blair, you know...the one who was sooo disgusted with the BB10 devices that he went on BNN and did his rendition of a wake for a soon dead company ...that Mike Blair has had a change of heart....almost :

"I have doubled up on long calls on the name, not betting the farm but taking a big enough position to be interesting if the results come close to my forecast.
    This is a risky stock and should only be considered by those willing to lose their entire investment. That would include me."

Source:
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/2269...-of-a-recovery

Posted via a Device with Z and a 30
    This was 'Mikes' second article about some good things to say about BlackBerry after his downer post back when.
    I wonder if he will try again when the 'Classic' emerges?

I am expecting a more or less similar results to last ER. Too bad we can't include the latest news with the Z3, etc. In this ER, because of the cutoff, or am I wrong about that?
    Can we include the total Z3 sales, as some seem to be suggesting?
    Last edited by Bacon Munchers; 06-16-14 at 08:47 PM.
    06-16-14 08:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hi Sllipstream, Morgan, and all:

Here are my updated BBRY charts. Things are looking good so far. I like how the RSI on the daily chart rises steadily with a clear lower high pattern, instead of moving radically.

Daily chart with inverse head and shoulders pattern (developed for almost 1 year). It appears to be intact. The line E (navy blue) is the uptrend line that has been acting as support. As long as the SP doesn't go below this line, then I consider the pattern intact. I think, we are in the beginning of the next pattern that may lead us to $16 - $17. This does not happen in a short period of time. I estimate 3 months perhaps a bit longer. And the supporting items on this are what Blackberry is doing with PR / media control, and who is running the company.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2014-06-16-10.18.06-pm.jpg

Daily chart with a closer look. The SP broke MA50, but hasn't broken MA200 yet; soon hopefully. We can see how it couldn't punch through MA200 in this chart. Today, earlier, the SP tried to trade in the lower range of yesterday, but managed to close $0.01 near the high at $7.93. This results in a hammer candle. It shows that buying pressure prevailed. I reckon, some shorts are covering just in preparation for the ER.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2014-06-16-10.37.53-pm.jpg

Weekly chart. This weekly chart shows that we are about to cross to the positive territory of MACD (above 0), after spending quite a long period of time in the down cycle. The alignment of the daily chart and weekly chart is a good indication. Most of the time, both are out of alignment.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2014-06-16-10.39.08-pm.jpg
    06-16-14 10:00 PM
    Canada's own Mike Blair, you know...the one who was sooo disgusted with the BB10 devices that he went on BNN and did his rendition of a wake for a soon dead company ...that Mike Blair has had a change of heart....almost :

"I have doubled up on long calls on the name, not betting the farm but taking a big enough position to be interesting if the results come close to my forecast.
    This is a risky stock and should only be considered by those willing to lose their entire investment. That would include me."

Source:
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/2269...-of-a-recovery

Posted via a Device with Z and a 30
    Pumper and dumper.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-14 10:17 PM
    I found this U.S open very inspirational, those Germans are definitely flying high at the moment

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140617_091627.jpg

Posted via CB10
    06-17-14 02:20 AM
    Ehhh, no one cares about golf right now, after Germany has beaten Portugal 4:0
    Thomas M�ller is the man! (the guy right)
    Party everywhere!

And they are sponsored by Mercedes-Benz, so there is a kind of linkage to BlackBerry too

06-17-14 03:27 AM
113,256 ... 26562657265826592660 ...