View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    ER Call in 5 days. Clowns, trolls and other creatures have received their signals from the sleeper cells. LoL
    Be careful. Don't get banned. Even being a blackberry user and liking bb10 may be a crime now a days.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    06-14-14 07:27 PM
    Keep calm and carry on.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-14 08:32 PM
    ER Call in 5 days. Clowns, trolls and other creatures have received their signals from the sleeper cells. LoL

Are you referring to me?
    Maybe you didn't understand what I was trying to say, my English sucks.
    I was trying to say that the traffic of the site, crackberry.com, is falling sharply (you can see the data in the link below). Because of that, I can understand that Chris Umiatoswski, Kevin Michaluk and the other guys could have pessimistic thoughts about BlackBerry and even a belligerent attitude with their readers. crackberry.com is a business and they make their living from these sites, so the situation could stressful for them.

https://www.quantcast.com/crackberry.com
    bungaboy and anon(4086547) like this.
    06-14-14 09:30 PM
    Are you referring to me?
    I was trying to say that the traffic of the site, crackberry.com, is falling sharply (you can see the data in the link below). Because of that, I can understand that Chris Umiatoswski, Kevin Michaluk and the other guys could have pessimistic thoughts about BlackBerry and even a belligerent attitude with their readers. crackberry.com is a business and they make their living from these sites, so the situation could stressful for them.

Hum.. doesn't seem all that sharp of a drop to me. Please explain?
    06-14-14 11:23 PM
    Guys, your smartphone is hurting your sperm.

http://time.com/2850594/guys-your-sm...ng-your-sperm/

Posted via CB10
    06-15-14 06:43 AM
    Who else would very much like to hear Morgan's Q1 predictions??
    06-15-14 07:37 AM
    Keep calm and carry on.

Posted via CB10
    Keep calm and BERRY on. LoL
    06-15-14 08:41 AM
    Guys, your smartphone is hurting your sperm.

Cells Phones Linked to Poorer-Quality Sperm - TIME

Posted via CB10
    Would you believe what comes out of this guy's mouth? (NSFW) LoL

See man with mobile phone stuck in his mouth reducing medics to laughter - Mirror Online
    sidhuk and plasmid_boy like this.
    06-15-14 08:43 AM
    Are you referring to me?

No. We are in Silly Season during the quiet period. And Friday the 13th was a full moon. SO we expect all kinds of strange behaviour in here, this week in particular.
    sidhuk, Corbu and Mr BBRY like this.
    06-15-14 08:45 AM
    Decent remake of a classic:

Posted via a Device with Z and a 30
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-15-14 10:40 AM
    OT:
    Well, since things are a bit quiet, how about this for a change of pace?

Looking forward to a good week, with the ER and everything. I hope things turn out well for all of us.

06-15-14 01:19 PM
    And a Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's. Past, present and future.
    06-15-14 03:41 PM
    From our friends at the WSJ:
    Time for BlackBerry to Find Revenue - WSJ

Time for BlackBerry to Find Revenue

Company Strives to Win Back Its Traditional Corporate and Government Clients

By BEN DUMMETT

June 15, 2014 5:35 p.m. ET

BlackBerry Ltd. has shown it can slash costs. But Chief Executive John Chen still needs to prove he can revive sales if his plan to resurrect the struggling Canadian smartphone maker can succeed.

Mr. Chen joined the Waterloo, Ontario-based company in November, and between December and the start of March he reduced operating expenses by 30% from the prior period through layoffs, scaled-back marketing and other moves. That helped BlackBerry reach its cost-cutting goal ahead of schedule and narrow its mounting losses. But analysts still expect the company to post further revenue declines when it reports fiscal first-quarter results on Thursday.

BlackBerry declined to comment on its coming earnings. The company's annual meeting is also set for Thursday.

Mr. Chen's challenge is to win back BlackBerry's traditional corporate and government clients even as the company continues to lose smartphone market share to Apple Inc., Samsung Electronics Co. and other mobile devices powered by Google Inc.'s Android operating system. In 2013, BlackBerry had roughly a 1.9% share of the market—down from 50% five years ago—and that is forecast to fall to 0.3% in 2018, according to research firm International Data Corp.

To attract enterprise customers, BlackBerry later this year plans to introduce an upgraded version of its technology that handles security and software for smartphones that a company issues or oversees for its employees. It has also opened up its operating system to rival providers of mobile-device management software, such as International Business Machines Corp., Citrix Systems Inc. and VMware Inc.-owned Airwatch, to try to boost BlackBerry device sales.

Traditionally, BlackBerry guarded its operating system. But that meant a company couldn't have BlackBerrys on its network if it used a different MDM provider, effectively closing a sales channel.

Another key focus for BlackBerry is trying to generate advertising revenue from its BBM messaging service by adding features such as one that allows companies to set up channels to attract subscribers from BBM's 85 million monthly active users.

"We hope to hear management speak about the BBM and MDM businesses, as these are the key to [BlackBerry's] long-term recovery as legacy hardware and services revenues fade away," BMO Capital Markets said in a recent report.

Last month, Mr. Chen said the smartphone maker has an 80% chance of turning things around, up from 50% earlier this year. But other than re-emphasizing previous statements about focusing on the enterprise market and leveraging BlackBerry's security capabilities, he didn't provide new details to support his more bullish view.

BlackBerry's recommitment to making money from its phone business will also draw scrutiny from the market, particularly because a lot of its latest initiatives to boost revenue from software and services remain unproven.

In December, BlackBerry outsourced most of its hardware business to Taiwan's Foxconn Technology Group and launched the first phone under that arrangement in May. The low-cost Z3 is targeted at emerging markets and its early reception may offer investors clues into the success of the outsourcing deal.

BlackBerry also has high hopes for the relaunch of its Bold smartphone and the introduction later this year of a new device known as the Classic. Both are meant to appeal to the firm's traditional loyalists who favor the company's keyboard and email services.

"I don't think there is a certain number that is going to make a huge difference in the stock movement," Canaccord Genuity analyst Michael Walkley said. Instead, investors will look for evidence of the company's ability to show progress on implementing its turnaround strategy, he said.

—The Week Ahead looks at coming corporate events.
    06-15-14 04:55 PM
    ^^^Well, that is a fair assessment of what we should expect me thinks. ^^^

06-15-14 05:33 PM
    My bet, a minimum of 2 million BB10 phones sold.
    06-15-14 06:44 PM
    06-15-14 07:00 PM
    BlackBerry reports its fiscal 2015 first quarter results on Thursday before markets open. Analysts expect revenue of about $970-million and a loss-per-share of about $0.25 in the quarter ended May 31. In the same period a year earlier, the company posted revenue of $3.1-billion and an adjusted loss of $0.13 per share.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-15-14 07:11 PM
    Canada's own Mike Blair, you know...the one who was sooo disgusted with the BB10 devices that he went on BNN and did his rendition of a wake for a soon dead company ...that Mike Blair has had a change of heart....almost :

"I have doubled up on long calls on the name, not betting the farm but taking a big enough position to be interesting if the results come close to my forecast.
    This is a risky stock and should only be considered by those willing to lose their entire investment. That would include me."

Source:
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/2269...-of-a-recovery

06-16-14 02:08 AM
    06-16-14 05:24 AM
    Canada's own Mike Blair, you know...the one who was sooo disgusted with the BB10 devices that he went on BNN and did his rendition of a wake for a soon dead company ...that Mike Blair has had a change of heart....almost :

"I have doubled up on long calls on the name, not betting the farm but taking a big enough position to be interesting if the results come close to my forecast.
    This is a risky stock and should only be considered by those willing to lose their entire investment. That would include me."

Source:
    BlackBerry: Q1 May Herald The Beginning Of A Recovery - BlackBerry Ltd. (NASDAQ:BBRY) | Seeking Alpha

Nice to read a bullish article but he expects 0.8 Million sold Z3 in Q1.
    This number seems far too high, if you ask me. I hope I'm wrong...
    06-16-14 05:26 AM
    A bit of follow-up info on the Z3. FWIW...

The daily habit helps explain why Indonesia is one of the biggest markets left in the world for the Canadian smartphone maker BlackBerry.

Last month, BlackBerry launched its newest device in Jakarta priced at 2,199,000 rupiah (6,050 baht). The new Z3 includes Indonesia-specific features and 25,000 special-edition units with the word “Jakarta” inscribed on the back.

Three weeks since the launch, the market has been responding positively, said Ardho Fadhola, a senior country product manager at BlackBerry Southeast Asia.

He said that stocks prepared for roadshow promotions in various cities were always fully pre-ordered even before the events began, and retail stores and cellular partners had to limit the number of devices for sale in a day.

“The Z3 price in traditional markets has even soared by 50% from our recommended retail price. It has gone beyond our expectation and the demand is rising at a much higher rate than our shipments of device supplies.” Ardho said.
    06-16-14 05:38 AM
    Well, we have seen unrealistic predictions followed by doom and failure analyses for some time now. I think moderate Z3 sales, and improved BB10 sales in general should be considered a good result. It will also be interesting to see how much cash they have left. I could see the stock taking a dive based on cash burn despite decent progress in other areas, but a nice surprise in the opposite direction would be delightful.

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    06-16-14 05:56 AM
    BlackBerry Delivers on eBBM Suite - MarketWatch

Company Launches BBM Protected for Secure Enterprise Messaging

WATERLOO, ONTARIO, Jun 16, 2014 (Marketwired via COMTEX) -- BlackBerry Limited , a global leader in mobile communications, today announced the availability of BBM(TM) Protected, the first solution in the eBBM(TM) Suite for secure enterprise-class messaging.

The eBBM Suite is a new family of BBM products and services built for business that bring together the convenience and usability of BBM with the additional security and compliance required by enterprise customers. The eBBM Suite will include new services designed to enable mobile workers to be more productive on the go, while meeting enterprises' needs for security, manageability and control. The first product in the eBBM Suite which was announced earlier this year, BBM Protected, is being delivered ahead of schedule today.

As part of the suite, BBM Protected provides an enhanced security model for BBM messages sent between BlackBerry smartphones. BBM Protected brings regulated industries the most secure and reliable real-time mobile messaging experience in the industry. BBM Protected is the only secure mobile instant messaging app that uses a FIPS 140-2 validated cryptographic library.(1) BBM Protected enables employees to use the same app to securely message colleagues inside the company for work as they do to chat and share with family and friends outside the company. Secure BBM Protected chats aren't limited to users inside the company; employees can chat securely with BBM Protected users at others companies too - they do not need to be on the same BES server and no federation between servers is required.

"We've been testing BBM Protected on behalf of our customers and have been impressed so far," said Zekeria Oezdemir, Technical Director of NovaLink. "BBM Protected is the ideal solution for our banking and insurance customers who have increased security needs."

The current release of BBM Protected can be used for BlackBerry smartphones running BB0S 6.0 or later or BlackBerry 10 in Regulated mode. Versions of BBM Protected for BlackBerry 10 smartphones using BlackBerry Balance and iOS and Android devices are expected later this year.

For more information about the eBBM Suite, visit www.blackberry.com/BBMprotected.
    + A BBM Update today...
    Last edited by Corbu; 06-16-14 at 07:37 AM.
    06-16-14 07:07 AM
    Much ahead of news. That's great!

Quality Poultry - Channel PIN: C004B64D1
    06-16-14 07:23 AM
    Indonesians crazy about chat, still love BlackBerry Messenger

Khoirul Amin, The Jakarta Post, Jakarta | Business | Mon, June 16 2014, 11:22 AM

Indonesians crazy about chat, still love BlackBerry Messenger | The Jakarta Post
    06-16-14 07:34 AM
113,256 ... 26552656265726582659 ...