View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    It is, too.
    I tend to believe this timing is more related to ignorance of what can be (and has been done already) with his statement, right here on the front page of CB. It's been weeks since we didn't had such a bad flood on social ... meh. And there's is an editor responsability here, at even higher level than Chris'.
    Ok, now, Im really out of this
    OK thanks for clarifying, I now better understand where you are coming off of.

Like you said...meh!

Sent using my ? Z30
    Superfly_FR and bungaboy like this.
    06-13-14 09:43 AM
    http://n4bb.com/bbm-channels-rule/

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    bungaboy, rarsen and zyben like this.
    06-13-14 09:49 AM
    FWIW!

BlackBerry Z3 purportedly being launched in Vietnam next week, on the 18th

BlackBerry ra m?t t?i Vi?t Nam ng�y 18/6 | genK.vn

Slightly edited GT:

BlackBerry representatives in Vietnam have recently sent out invitations to attend the 18/6 BlackBerry smartphone Z3 launch event. So after landing in the Southeast Asian market, the BlackBerry Z3 will officially be launched in Vietnam.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-1-thumoi-z3-1402655497901.jpg

Price of this cheap smartphone is yet to be announced but according to predictions, BlackBerry Z3 will cost from 4.5 to 5 million VND and direct competition with Zenfone 5 A500 (4.5 million) and Nokia XL (3.7 million). In general, the price of the BlackBerry Z3 is quite attractive and will definitely attract more users in Vietnam.

Configuration will integrate BlackBerry Z3 5-inch screen resolution of 540x960 pixels with dual-core Qualcomm MSM8230 1.2 GHz and 1.5 GB RAM. Equipped with 5 megapixel resolution camera, support auto focus and LED flash while the front camera resolution reaches 1.1 megapixel. 2,500 mAh battery which, unfortunately, cannot be removed. 8 GB of internal memory that can be expanded via microSD card slot.
    4.5 to 5 M VND = $210-235 USD
    06-13-14 10:14 AM
    Well 1st of all. Interception is easy. Decrypting a message is a different issue. Secondly, the police may have had a warrant for information which could have been handed over by the carrier or BlackBerry themselves. The news outlets take one simple piece of the story and make it into whatever they want

Posted via CB10
    SO, you are saying that you think that someone like the NSA can't break into the Blackberry platform?
    06-13-14 10:21 AM
    SO, you are saying that you think that someone like the NSA can't break into the Blackberry platform?
    It's not a matter of unbreakable encryption. It's a matter of removing the low hanging fruit of plaintext communications.

There's no processing power required to scan through millions of messages and emails if they're being transmitted in plaintext. The moment you throw a little bit of encryption over the contents of the message there's a performance penalty inherent in the decryption process. If adding a level of encryption to all communications becomes ubiquitous, then the performance penalty takes you so far out of real-time monitoring that the large scale data collection becomes meaningless.
    06-13-14 10:33 AM
    LOL......no matter how smart you think the NSA is, there is always someone smarter. Yes I am telling you that this level of encryption cannot be cracked and never has. You need the private keys. If BlackBerry gave it to them, that's a different story. But no, it cannot be cracked with today's computing power.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    06-13-14 10:37 AM
    Apparently the forecast for Vietnam is for ~ 17 mln smartphone shipments in 2014.

No source cited in the article :S https://sg.news.yahoo.com/pocket-gui...121517189.html

Dominate the MCAT C0012A8A6
    smart548, Corbu, sidhuk and 8 others like this.
    06-13-14 10:38 AM
    Apparently the forecast for Vietnam is for ~ 17 mln smartphone shipments in 2014.

No source cited in the article :S https://sg.news.yahoo.com/pocket-gui...121517189.html

500K sales in each of these SE asian and African countries will add up to 5M pretty quick. I would like to see 5M Z3 sales in the next year. Then add on the old BB7 and more premium BB10 devices sales and we are in 10-20M unit sales.
    06-13-14 11:05 AM
    More info on the Vietnam launch of the Z3.

Blackberry Z3 ch�nh h�ng c� gi� 4,590,000 ??ng

4.59M VND = $215 USD

Z3 is the first low price Blackberry smartphone focussed on developing markets. The company has assigned the manufacturing of the Z3 to Foxconn and will participate in the monitoring process, as opposed to doing it all by itself, as it once did. Doing this helps lower costs while maintaining product quality since Foxconn is known as an world leader outsourcing firm dealing with high technology products such as iPhone, iPad, etc.

This low-priced smartphone will compete in the $200 price range with the Lumia 525, Galaxy Trend, etc. but the configuration of the machine has proved superior, the phone is equipped with a 5 inch screen offering a 960 � 540 resolution, a dual-core 1.2 GHz Snapdragon processor, Adreno 305 GPU, 1.5 GB of RAM and a 2,500 mAh high capacity battery. It also sports a smooth, polished, boxy design.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-blackberry_z3_z30_0.jpg

Launched at MWC in 2014 and introduced some time ago in Jakarta, Indonesia, it has received positive signals from its users. BlackBerry Vietnam also plans to formally introduce the phone on the 18th of June. The manufacturer announced price is 4,590,000 dong.

If the date is confirmed, good timing for the AGM and the ER.
    La Emperor, jxnb, zyben and 5 others like this.
    06-13-14 11:14 AM
    LOL......no matter how smart you think the NSA is, there is always someone smarter. Yes I am telling you that this level of encryption cannot be cracked and never has. You need the private keys. If BlackBerry gave it to them, that's a different story. But no, it cannot be cracked with today's computing power.

Posted via CB10
    You can tell us that, but obviously you can't have the slightest idea whether it's true. The only ones who know whether BlackBerry can be cracked are the ones who have cracked it, if they exist. BlackBerry, of course, won't necessarily know.

Now, there was that article or news story from some time ago in which it was said that the BlackBerry devices of various international figures were 'cracked' in London. I don't know whether BlackBerry have made changes to their encryption process since then (i would assume so). BlackBerry themselves, at least initially, made no real, meaningful comment about it at the time.

As for the NSA, according to Snowden's comments, which are almost certainly of value, the NSA does not have unlimited capability. To begin with, they wouldn't need to ask for access to the data of various organisations and companies if they could simply 'steal' it. There are good reasons for asking for the data even if they could steal it, but it does seem likely that their ability to access data does have its limits.

Also, the Snowden reports show that the NSA worked on weakening the encryption of Internet communications so that they could access it. We can obviously take this as evidence that the unweakened encryption was a barrier of some kind.

It seems in this context that the NSA and GCHQ are not the equivalent of gods. It seems highly likely that they are NOT able to crack EVERYTHING. These guys are human beings and not superpeople.

The question, then, is not whether either extreme is possible, but whether BlackBerry's encryption has been figured out, or not. We just cannot know this, and shouldn't pretend that we can. All we can do is infer the likeliness of things based on available evidence. The Germans would not have dumped the iPhones for BlackBerry 10 devices after the Merkel spying thing just for the fun of it. Germany is a highly advanced nation. Their decisions are an indication of something.

In the same way the drug testers are always a step behind the world's top sprinters, swimmers, cyclists, etc., the advantage will always be in the hands of the folks (BlackBerry, etc.) doing the encryption, and not in the hands of the NSA, et al. Making a puzzle is a hell of a lot easier than solving one. This makes it highly likely that there is value in BlackBerry encryption, but not that it's invincible. In any event, their is no finish line and we just do not have the information ourselves to make any real judgement on how the game is playing out.

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    06-13-14 11:27 AM
    Pretty sure they intercepted phone calls and telecom based messages.

They just happened to be from a BlackBerry.

bungaboy likes this.
    06-13-14 11:37 AM

Posted via CB10
    There is little doubt that they either had the keys given to them of got around it some way. Like a hot knife though butter I would bet they have what ever they wanted.
    06-13-14 11:49 AM
    The rumour regarding the additional 2000 job cuts at BlackBerry is not true So I received confirmation from BlackBerry, what do you guys think though? Can John Chen really make a decision within 2 weeks of Q1 ending to let 2000 people go? It was only May 28th at the Re/code event where he directly said there wouldn't be anymore cuts.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Bilaal; 06-13-14 at 12:29 PM.
    Corbu, jxnb, Reed Richards and 9 others like this.
    06-13-14 11:56 AM
    Hey Morgan,

Can you check your PM please.

Thanks Ben
    Last edited by bigbadben10; 06-13-14 at 12:39 PM.
    06-13-14 12:16 PM
    The rumour regarding the additional 2000 job cuts at BlackBerry is not true So I received confirmation from BlackBerry, what do you guys think though? Can John Chen really make a decision within 2 weeks of Q1 ending to let 2000 people go? It was only May 28th at the Re/code event where he directly said there wouldn't be anymore cuts.

Posted via CB10
    They are in the "quiet period". Even if it were true they couldn't confirm it until it's announced to everyone at the same time and that would most likely be the ER/Shareholders meeting next week - if it's happening at all.
    06-13-14 12:43 PM
    They are in the "quiet period". Even if it were true they couldn't confirm it until it's announced to everyone at the same time and that would most likely be the ER/Shareholders meeting next week - if it's happening at all.
    this is all blackberry wrote back to him.

"Nothing new, any headcount reductions we are making have already been disclosed previously”
    bungaboy and JLagoon like this.
    06-13-14 12:45 PM
    Yes it is. It's definitely a fan made mockup. This particular fan (pic author) jumped in forums several times to nail it. I think JayDee used it to illustrate her article a few days ago, but this won't infirm it.
    I am not going to debate you over this, but here is one few more pictures to look at http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=938365. Looks pretty legit to me.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-14 01:18 PM
    MR BBRY!!!

Nice gain today!! A 52-week high, 6 X normal volume, it blasted through it's prior high and did it on no news and closed pennies from the high!! Do I sell stocks that perform that well ..... never. It's like saying that BBRY had bad revenues today so we'll jump right in on that day's news and buy the stock because it is down 15%. Then the next trading session comes along and we see another 15% down and by the third day, it begins to slow down. TGTX is that kind of trade in reverse. I fully expect some kind of news to go along with that gain. There is only 40 MM shares outstanding so this one can move higher tomorrow. Nice company, interesting pipeline, a ton of cash and a small float, if you can hang in there .................. you can make some serious money.
    Sorry to carry on OT, but I have to say... this stock is on fire! I am hoping some members on this forum jumped in when this stock touched $7.50 today, based on Morgan's comment. It is now pushing to close at $10, and is up another 12% on the day so far! Incredible! The funny part is, I started to doubt Morgan as it dropped about 12% this morning, and next thing you know it came roaring back. Lesson learned...NEVER doubt Morgan! Thanks again for the great advice. I think I'll hold on to this one for a while. PM me for your cut / commission Have a great weekend to all the fathers out there! Peace out!
    06-13-14 02:29 PM
    Thought it would take a bit longer to fade . . .

MobileIron, Inc. Real Time Stock Quotes

$10.45 -0.57 -5.17%
    kfh227 and sidhuk like this.
    06-13-14 02:56 PM
    Wow what a game. Spain vs Netherlands. WOW!!

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    Corbu, sidhuk, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    06-13-14 04:02 PM
    Wow what a game. Spain vs Netherlands. WOW!!
    Revenge is a dish best served cold... Spain was stunned!
    bungaboy, bigbadben10 and take99 like this.
    06-13-14 04:05 PM
    Revenge is a dish best served cold... Spain was stunned!
    Totally Gob Smacked!!!
    sidhuk, bungaboy and Corbu like this.
    06-13-14 04:08 PM
    Totally Gob Smacked!!!
    Spanked!!!
    bigbadben10, Corbu and sidhuk like this.
    06-13-14 04:21 PM
    Havent't had the time to read the whole thing yet:
    Taking BlackBerry's Stickers Seriously - BlackBerry Ltd. (NASDAQ:BBRY) | Seeking Alpha

Extract:

Summary

Selling stickers and sponsored content has an enormous revenue potential for instant messaging apps.

Comparing BlackBerry Messenger to Line, the former could generate between $146 million and $219 million a year just by selling stickers and sponsored content.

If BBM can accelerate and sustain its growth, it should provide a significant tailwind for the stock in the coming quarters.
    While we are at it, seen this?
    BBM PIN Card Creator
    bungaboy, zyben and jxnb like this.
    06-13-14 04:45 PM
    I would have expected CrackBerry to write something like that, but I guess a story about abandoning BB for a few apps is more entertaining. I am still shocked about that article appearing on the front page and am equally shock that Mr. CrackBerry mocked the users for criticizing it. It's one thing to be a BB user and point out things that could be improved, but to have abandon a Z10 months ago and then write about why he won't come back unless....
    To that I was thinking, who give a rat's @$$
    Anyway, I am excited to see all the positive news lately and can't wait to see the new devices. Cheers gang.
    Me thinks he has a few dollars at stake on the next ER...if ya know what I mean. .
    Shame he's given free reign without a vetting process.

Edit: I see Kevin has addressed allot of everyone's concerns in his final post in "that " thread (started today)...fair enough, still want full disclosure if Umi has any monies/funds/convertibles in the short variety...thats fair...given his freedoms and connections I think?
    (I expect the answer is "none of our business" lol)

Posted via a Device with Z and a 30
    Last edited by Shanerredflag; 06-13-14 at 08:07 PM.
    Corbu, sidhuk, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    06-13-14 07:10 PM
113,256 ... 26532654265526562657 ...