View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Manitoba specs leaked. Sounds like a high end phone. Coming in q3. Snapdragon 810, 4 gb memory, 5.2" screen,3000-3000 maH battery.

And all in Q3

... 2015

Great, rumors of another flagship phone with one year old hardware specs.

Hi kfh,

At the speed of technology, perhaps at the posted launch time, this will be considered standard hat. If QNX runs even more efficiently under 10.4.x, we will be looking more at how it handles all available functions, rather than how it compares strictly hardware-wise.

I am also really paying close attention to improvements on when/how BlackBerry comes through with their launches from device to device, and from OS version to version.

So far, you would probably agree that BlackBerry is finally in the drivers' seat regarding following through with customer expectations. I know that I feel much more confident than 1 year ago.
    06-12-14 10:35 PM
    Remember my post from yesterday?

The folks from BB10QNX.DE have updated their information on the Manitoba:

Exciting stuff.

It looks like I will have timed it right this time, as my contract will be ripe by the time this baby lands.

In similar news, looks like the 'Windermere' is shaping up to be a phablet. My Z30 looks tiny in comparison:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-1402630901632_206479.jpeg
    06-12-14 10:42 PM
    In one of Germans biggest computer magazine was a big article a few weeks ago, about tips and tricks to AVOID Google (and Google services). As I said before, at least in Germany Google is perceived as a data kraken and I know a lot of people who are interested in BlackBerry lately because of privacy.
    Therefore Chris article shows that even top Crackberry folks don't really care about BlackBerry's main strength: security and privacy. Sad.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-14 11:08 PM
    Exciting stuff.

It looks like I will have timed it right this time, as my contract will be ripe by the time this baby lands.

In similar news, looks like the 'Windermere' is shaping up to be a phablet. My Z30 looks tiny in comparison:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1402630901632_206479.jpeg 
Views:	956 
Size:	27.6 KB 
ID:	277779
    Please remember this is a fan made plastic mockup

Posted via CB10
    rarsen, bungaboy, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    06-13-14 01:09 AM
    From the original eBBM thread infos "leaks" :

"BBM Protected is part of the eBBM Suite of products and may only be used if your organization has purchased the required BBM Protected user licenses from BlackBerry or an authorized reseller. Before you enable the Use BBM Protected rule, you must verify that your organization has purchased the required BBM Protected user licenses"

Anyone to ask me again what's BBM/e-BBM value ?
    Have a nice day gang !

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 06-13-14 at 02:46 AM.
    06-13-14 01:12 AM
    Please remember this is a fan made plastic mockup

Posted via CB10
    No it is not fan made. If I am not mistaken this is from London event just last week or so.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-14 02:25 AM
    No it is not fan made. If I am not mistaken this is from London event just last week or so.

Posted via CB10
    Yes it is. It's definitely a fan made mockup. This particular fan (pic author) jumped in forums several times to nail it. I think JayDee used it to illustrate her article a few days ago, but this won't infirm it.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 06-13-14 at 03:31 AM. Reason: subtle yes/no is/isn't finetuning lol moooohhhh
    06-13-14 02:34 AM
    At least Kevin is trying to damage control in the first comment on this BGR spin off of chris's BS article this morning.
    Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    Here's my comment. Will close this topic for me. My hands are wet.
    As a prosumer, an entrepreneur, an individual, I.dont.want.google.services.on.my.BlackBerry.devic e as an embedded, core feature.
    I want my BlakBerry to fit the "bottom up" security and privacy paradigm.
    That's why I choose and still prefer BlackBerry over any competitor.
    Shall I pay a "missing app" tribute to this, it won't change my perception. I knew that from day 1 and frankly; I don't care. I'm a tech power user and there's no situation I've been frustrated enough to make me change my mind. I'm not a client for gimmick feature (the kind you use to demo & shine w/ friends on day one then definitively forget), nor use or either join "BigG" social offers.
    Now, is the average Joe sharing this ? Probably not.
    But is Joe (current) BlackBerry target #1 ? No.
    Can Chris write that ? Yes.
    Now ? Anyone is welcome to choose another device and "fall in love" with it; no problem. I'm just surprised this pops right now, just before the E.R while obviously Chris has been using his new remote phone for months. I'm questionning this. Seriously.
    But I may have drink too many expressos this mornig. Or not.
    Disclaimer : these words are my very own, as an individual.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 06-13-14 at 02:48 AM.
    Corbu, jxnb, rarsen and 5 others like this.
    06-13-14 02:36 AM
    06-13-14 05:22 AM
    Here's my comment. Will close this topic for me. My hands are wet.
    SF, this is a huge allegation, don't you find?

While I definitely did not enjoy the tone of his article nor the substance for that matter, this is a slippery slope...one I would stay away from.

My two cents.

Sent using my ? Z30
    06-13-14 05:36 AM
    On MOBL, currently at 11.39 in AH on light volume... can't be bad news for BBRY can it?!

Sent using my ? Z30
    06-13-14 06:29 AM
    With regards to a lot of tech IPOs I think there is a lot of pumping and dumping in the initial stages as the PE firms are trying to maximise their exit. This is a big machine, with a lot of money behind it.

They are notoriously difficult to value as they are usually based on some huge forward growth expectations, which they very rarely attain.

Give it some time for it to stablise. Having said that it is good for bbry stock as it shows that there is some value here.

Obviously if they can show in the next quarter that subs are increasing again then they can argue that it is a division with growth prospects and as such will have to be valued on a similar basis to these recent IPOs.

The important thing this quarter is if they can show that the handset can achieve break even in the next couple of quarters owing to the new business model and that they have stemmed the losses of subscription then it will be hard to argue that bbry will nor be around for much longer.

The handset business was the biggest cashflow drain on the company. Obviously it could be a complete balls up and sub loses increase and handset sales have dropped off a cliff. That would be bad.

I think they are making the right moves continue developing the os and BES12. New phones in the pipeline for their corporate clients. Bbm money making progress. Car division gaining market share and. New push into IOT, all good moves

For me they are around one year behind where they should be. They should have launched bb10 with 10.2.1, the Z30, Z10, Q10, Q5 and Z3.

We would be in a very different position now, but that is me living in an ideal world . They have to play a bit of catch up so the phones they are releasing are on par with competition. 10.3 looks good. I think Apple are finding it difficult they are going to need to go back to the drawing board in the next 2 years, my opinion. The mobile paradigm has moved on so much.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, Corbu, rarsen and 7 others like this.
    06-13-14 06:46 AM
    With regards to a lot of tech IPOs I think there is a lot of pumping and dumping in the initial stages as the PE firms are trying to maximise their exit. This is a big machine, with a lot of money behind it.

They are notoriously difficult to value as they are usually based on some huge forward growth expectations, which they very rarely attain.

Give it some time for it to stablise. Having said that it is good for bbry stock as it shows that there is some value here.

Obviously if they can show in the next quarter that subs are increasing again then they can argue that it is a division with growth prospects and as such will have to be valued on a similar basis to these recent IPOs.

The important thing this quarter is if they can show that the handset can achieve break even in the next couple of quarters owing to the new business model and that they have stemmed the losses of subscription then it will be hard to argue that bbry will nor be around for much longer.

The handset business was the biggest cashflow drain on the company. Obviously it could be a complete balls up and sub loses increase and handset sales have dropped off a cliff. That would be bad.

I think they are making the right moves continue developing the os and BES12. New phones in the pipeline for their corporate clients. Bbm money making progress. Car division gaining market share and. New push into IOT, all good moves

For me they are around one year behind where they should be. They should have launched bb10 with 10.2.1, the Z30, Z10, Q10, Q5 and Z3.

We would be in a very different position now, but that is me living in an ideal world . They have to play a bit of catch up so the phones they are releasing are on par with competition. 10.3 looks good. I think Apple are finding it difficult they are going to need to go back to the drawing board in the next 2 years, my opinion. The mobile paradigm has moved on so much.

Posted via CB10
    Well said, I agree. I can't still wrap my head around why the Z30 was launched in complete silence. I know they were trying to cut down on costs, and the timing was not perfect with the prospect of BBRY going private at the time but nevertheless... I still find it hard to understand.

Sent using my ? Z30
    06-13-14 07:21 AM
    I hear you, but in their defense, I've never seen business-line computers sporting bleeding edge technology. The bleeding edge was usually found only on the consumer line. "Workhorse" models usually had 2-3 year old tech in them.

Look at the "newly re-issued 9900" models in Shopblackberry. haha
    I have a high end workstation at work.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-14 08:20 AM
    I have a high end workstation at work.

Posted via CB10
    Because you probably need it ... or you're the one planning IT allocations, maybe ?
    More seriously, most of my clients (from associations to large companies) still have a significant WinXP-aged machines ... that still provide 99% of efficiency and were planned to die with XP official death, not before.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-13-14 08:31 AM
    SF, this is a huge allegation, don't you find?
    (out of C.U post context)

You mean the "I don't want google services" part ?
    Yes it is.
    Amazon did, why not BlackBerry (? together ?).
    06-13-14 08:34 AM
    It's been reported elsewhere, but for the record:

Arrests show that even messages between BlackBerrys can be intercepted

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/ar...223002390.html

TORONTO - Touted as one of the most secure ways to communicate, BlackBerry smartphones have been put in the spotlight after several police investigations said they were able to track criminals who used the device's encrypted technology.

The latest case was revealed Thursday after Quebec police and RCMP officers said that more than one million instant messages sent through BlackBerrys helped gather evidence on two alleged organized crime groups.

This isn't the first time police have said the supposedly uncrackable BlackBerry technology helped them capture an alleged crime ring, and it raises questions about whether BlackBerry messages are truly as secure as the company claims.

"It's a problem in the way that BlackBerry has marketed some of its services to the consumer market," said Christopher Parsons, a fellow at the University of Toronto's Citizen Lab, which specializes on how privacy is affected by digital surveillance.

"It's a very difficult security posture and probably one that most users ... don't fully understand."

Parsons said many BlackBerry owners assume incorrectly that their smartphones meet the same standards as BlackBerrys used by major corporations and the U.S. government, even though they're not operating on the same high-level security servers that have come to define the company's advantage over its competitors.

The RCMP said Thursday that 33 people were rounded up in Montreal, Quebec City, Laval and Gatineau, after investigators used a technique to intercept more than one million private PIN to PIN messages.

The company has traditionally encouraged its users to consider PIN to PIN messages as "scrambled" rather than "encrypted."

The RCMP would not say whether BlackBerry co-operated in the case and representatives for BlackBerry said they were unable to address "an ongoing police investigation."

On BlackBerry's website the company states that it will access personal information of its users in some cases, including in response to court orders, warrants and "other lawful requests or legal processes."

Last year, a task force in Los Angeles intercepted BBM instant messages that helped uncover an organization that allegedly distributed cocaine across the U.S. and in Europe, according to a report in the Los Angeles Times.

In 2011, BlackBerry said it would co-operate with a police investigation into how BBM was used by some protestors to organize the London riots, saying that it co operates with authorities and complies with U.K. legislation.

Independent technology analyst Carmi Levy said in many of these cases it shouldn't come as a surprise that data was intercepted.

"Law enforcement simply got a warrant and then obtained the keys to view encrypted traffic and then proceeded with their case," Levy said.

"This does not call the fundamental security of PIN messaging into question. They were handed the keys to the front door. For anyone who thinks this exhibits a vulnerability in BlackBerry's core technology, this is not the case."

BlackBerry plans to launch a more advanced security service called BBM Protected for its business customers this summer.

The company describes the technology as "a way for enterprise employees to speak safely and securely both inside and outside of the workplace" with an "unprecedented level of end-to-end security."

BlackBerry will also charge a premium price for its customers to use the service.
    06-13-14 08:44 AM

That's why BBMprotected will happen ;-)

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, bungaboy, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    06-13-14 08:48 AM

Well 1st of all. Interception is easy. Decrypting a message is a different issue. Secondly, the police may have had a warrant for information which could have been handed over by the carrier or BlackBerry themselves. The news outlets take one simple piece of the story and make it into whatever they want

Posted via CB10
    06-13-14 08:52 AM
    Well 1st of all. Interception is easy. Decrypting a message is a different issue. Secondly, the police may have had a warrant for information which could have been handed over by the carrier or BlackBerry themselves. The news outlets take one simple piece of the story and make it into whatever they want

Posted via CB10
    EXACTLY! The police had Court Ordered access . . . which the media tend to conveniently overlook!
    06-13-14 08:59 AM
    (out of C.U post context)

You mean the "I don't want google services" part ?
    Yes it is.
    Amazon did, why not BlackBerry (? together ?).
    Sorry it did not allow me to quote properly over the Z30.

I was referring to you saying:
    " I'm just surprised this pops right now, just before the E.R while obviously Chris has been using his new remote phone for months. I'm questionning this. Seriously."
    06-13-14 09:17 AM

Posted via CB10
    EXACTLY! The police had Court Ordered access . . . which the media tend to conveniently overlook!
    Experts canvassed say that the Mounties could not have directly cracked the codes belonging to BlackBerry, a company that is often still touted as the maker of the world’s most secure commercial smartphones.
    Instead, it’s likely that authorities got a judicial order compelling them to help decode communications.
    Yet police aren’t saying what happened. Neither is BlackBerry.
    rarsen, zyben and bungaboy like this.
    06-13-14 09:33 AM
    Great news for Canucks IMO!

Police need warrant for telecom data, Supreme Court of Canada rules

Police need warrant for telecom data, Supreme Court of Canada rules | The Chronicle Herald

Canadians have right to online anonymity, Supreme Court rules

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...ticle19155295/
    Superfly_FR, Corbu, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    06-13-14 09:34 AM
    Indeed. Should be great news for anyone concerned with privacy! Good job on the SCC's part.
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    06-13-14 09:38 AM
    Sorry it did not allow me to quote properly over the Z30.

I was referring to you saying:
    It is, too.
    I tend to believe this timing is more related to ignorance of what can be (and has been done already) with his statement, right here on the front page of CB. It's been weeks since we didn't had such a bad flood on social ... meh. And there's is an editor responsability here, at even higher level than Chris'.
    Ok, now, Im really out of this
    Corbu, bungaboy, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    06-13-14 09:39 AM
113,256 ... 26522653265426552656 ...