View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Warning:
    You may want to bring a large salt shaker along for this one!

But heck, why not relay the "information" that is out there, FWIW! And it is nice to be able to dream once in a while...

So, from the German BB10QNX.de site, this link:
    OS-Update und Manitoba: Was kommt nun als n�chstes? | BB10QNX.de

And since I am a nice guy, I have loosely translated it for you fine folks with the help of Google Translate and the little German that I can still remember...

Again, FWIW!

Cheers,
    That's going to be wild if true.. so is that the phablet they've been talking about?

Posted via CB10 from my Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.442
    06-11-14 05:16 PM
    Well, that's what BlackBerry has been, and been seen as for a very long time: a mobile phone maker. That tends to get downplayed in here nowadays, but if you go back and look at BlackBerry's own financial reports, etc. (you can find them online fairly easily), you'll see very quickly that BlackBerry themselves forefronted devices, not enterprise.

I think it's actually many of us who have glossed over something, and not necessarily the media when it comes to this issue.

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    I get what you're saying, and I agree to an extent. All I meant was that in an article that is supposed to give investors an idea of what to look out for, they didn't include the other business units that are also part of the picture now. I think it's important that the media outlets start to recognize that BlackBerry is not just a handset maker anymore. This in turn will help sway public perception of the company because the people will learn that the company is shifting away from being nearly entirely reliant on handset sales. I suppose we need to start seeing some more significant income from them before that will happen though.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! ?
    rarsen and Shanerredflag like this.
    06-11-14 06:09 PM
    Warning:

But heck, why not relay the "information" that is out there, FWIW! And it is nice to be able to dream once in a while...

And since I am a nice guy, I have loosely translated it for you fine folks with the help of Google Translate and the little German that I can still remember...

Again, FWIW!

Cheers,
    I love Unix and BlackBerry, combining the two would be awesome!

Posted via CB10
    06-11-14 06:16 PM
    Warning:

Again, FWIW!

Cheers,
    That would be absolutely insane!!

Posted via CB10
    06-11-14 06:20 PM
    So they may be laying off their entire developer relations team? I can't see it...even with a great Android app experience there is still a huge market for niche enterprise apps, country specific financial apps etc. I can see a small reorganization and perhaps a few jobs lost but 2k more? Unlikely me thinks.

Posted via a Device with Z and a 30
    06-11-14 06:46 PM
    And PLEASE BE TRUE on the specs/device above...that would absolutely be a wonderful experience. ...can you imagine, man would that thing be fast lol.

06-11-14 06:48 PM
    So they may be laying off their entire developer relations team? I can't see it...even with a great Android app experience there is still a huge market for niche enterprise apps, country specific financial apps etc. I can see a small reorganization and perhaps a few jobs lost but 2k more? Unlikely me thinks.

Keep in mind we are about one week from ER. So lots of ish is gonna fly in the next 5-6 days as they go about their manipulating ways!
    06-11-14 07:00 PM
    Keep in mind we are about one week from ER. So lots of ish is gonna fly in the next 5-6 days as they go about their manipulating ways!
    Yes sir...I can see an explanation from JC that may involve reallocation of staffing assets to accommodate their IoT Ion thrust...that would make me happy.

06-11-14 07:08 PM
    And I continue to:

06-11-14 07:15 PM
    I get what you're saying, and I agree to an extent. All I meant was that in an article that is supposed to give investors an idea of what to look out for, they didn't include the other business units that are also part of the picture now. I think it's important that the media outlets start to recognize that BlackBerry is not just a handset maker anymore. This in turn will help sway public perception of the company because the people will learn that the company is shifting away from being nearly entirely reliant on handset sales. I suppose we need to start seeing some more significant income from them before that will happen though.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! ?
    True.

06-11-14 07:20 PM
    Sign Google Play. Layoff 2000 people. No app issue, reduced costs. Market hails king JC.

Posted via CB10
    jake simmons3 likes this.
    06-11-14 07:24 PM
    This would make for a great sound track for a BlackBerry ad...hits on nostalgia, old memories and just kinda fits:

06-11-14 07:26 PM
    Sign Google Play. Layoff 2000 people. No app issue, reduced costs. Market hails king JC.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe...All they need is a software patch to accommodate for the home/back button. Still think there is lots of room for native Devs though. Perhaps it's too spendy to chase currently given market share? Either way native will always get filled if a demand is there...no skin lost imo.

06-11-14 07:53 PM
    I miss the BB10 keyboard greatly on Android. I currently have Swiftkey which I purchased but it is still not on par. Also, with Apple opening up custom keyboards, there is a big opportunity there. The BB10 keyboard is easily the best and most fluid one out there.
    The problem that I have with that logic is when I think of what just happened in Indonesia.
    We were at double-digit percentages with user base, UNTIL BlackBerry BBM went x-platform. From what I understand, BlackBerry fell substantially, because that was a main reason why so many Indonesians were clinging to BlackBerry devices.

Good argument both ways, but I worry at night over 'others' copying our HUB, keyboard, and Security, because it is already happening.
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    06-12-14 12:33 AM
    OT from my TW this morning, have a nice day gang !

Volkswagen - Eyes on the road:
    Don't:
    - phone&drive
    - use unsafe mobile/settings
    #BlackBerry #keepsMyPhoneSafe

06-12-14 03:29 AM
    OT: halo got upgraded today!

Posted via CB10
    06-12-14 03:56 AM
    Strange words from some in here...

First we bash Android and its followers, then he hail the genius of Chen for scrapping BlackBerry World and going with Google Play...puzzling...

techvisor likes this.
    06-12-14 04:15 AM

First we bash Android and its followers, then he hail the genius of Chen for scrapping BlackBerry World and going with Google Play...puzzling...

I don't remember anyone bashing Android and its followers. But even if someone did, Android OS is not the same as Apps made for Android. It wouldn't be hypocritical if you hate MS Windows but love MS Office, would it?

Posted via CB10
    06-12-14 04:56 AM

I really really dislike the Android OS but do like the app choices available. Sure it's too much to sift through, but if there was a way to have better support and better performing Android apps on the BB10 OS, then I would be happy about it. Of course, if there was a native app in BBWorld, I would take that any day. I, for one, certainly hope that BBWorld is not going away but only time will tell as we are going off of a rumour, and speculation as to what that rumour would mean if it proves to be true.
    06-12-14 05:58 AM

So what exactly are you trying to say?

06-12-14 06:33 AM
    So what exactly are you trying to say?

06-12-14 06:41 AM
    Hahaha...that's excellent, leave it to Rush.

bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    06-12-14 07:01 AM
    What I was noting is simply that we do get a lot of posts about how crazy others are about going the Android route (privacy issues, security breaches, etc.), and that that is an interesting contrast to welcoming the idea of BlackBerry essentially going Android in regards to apps. I personally don't like the idea of all, but everyone has a right to their own desires.

I haven't seen a single reputable article giving credence to this whole thing anyway, so I'm not that fussed about it to be honest. It would certainly be an odd move, and probably a profoundly daft one, in my eyes.

06-12-14 07:02 AM
    The apps and the OS in general, are two different things.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-14 07:04 AM
    Sounds like bbry is interested in the consumer handset market. If not, why do this?

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-ann...l-transactions

Posted via CB10
    06-12-14 07:40 AM
113,256 ... 26492650265126522653 ...