View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Yep. Steve Jobs also told Apple to NEVER change the old power/data connector, but 'they' didn't listen. It turned out that a lot of people and industries where put off, according to what I have heard from a guy who was in charge of customer complaints for Telus. He said that he was changing from his iPhone when his term was up. I told him to not over-look the Z30 (heh).

Lately, all Apple seems to be doing is imitating. A far cry from the days of Jobs, where it was all about innovating.
    As you said, it will be interesting to see....
    I tell people that Apple is repeating the mistakes of BBRY and I am typically laughed and stared at like a deer in headlights.

Apple is falling in the complacency trap. Buying Beats is almost like an act of a desperate CEO.
    06-09-14 09:54 AM
    US Department of Defense approves use of Android devices in Pentagon, despite security fears http://www.computing.co.uk/ctg/news/...security-fears

And all these devices come with Knox, go figure...

Posted via swift BlackBerry ? Z30!
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    06-09-14 10:22 AM
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security file, among comments:
    Most IT pros agree that IoT will impact consumers in addition to the workplace. In fact, the vast majority believes the trend will pose significant security and privacy issues.

Preparing for the Internet of Things | ZDNet

So additionally with the previous article on US Department of Defense approval of Android devices for Pentagon, my Engineer's logic fails me as I am having comprehension issues...
    06-09-14 11:12 AM
    Posted via CB10
    theRock1975 likes this.
    06-09-14 11:38 AM
    It would be wise, as I've mentioned before, to assume that both Android and Apple will get clearance to operate in many of the places BlackBerry has traditionally operated alone. Shouldn't come as a shock, or be unexpected.

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    06-09-14 11:44 AM
    US Department of Defense approves use of Android devices in Pentagon, despite security fears http://www.computing.co.uk/ctg/news/...security-fears

And all these devices come with Knox, go figure...

Posted via swift BlackBerry ? Z30!
    The DOD was clear that they wanted to increase the use of off the shelf phones, even if they have to lessen their standards. That clearly meant less BlackBerry and more everyone else. At least Samsung is going through some motions with Knox. Better than the efforts Apple has put forth.

This is just another example of "good enough for government work."
    06-09-14 11:53 AM
    It would be wise, as I've mentioned before, to assume that both Android and Apple will get clearance to operate in many of the places BlackBerry has traditionally operated alone. Shouldn't come as a shock, or be unexpected.

Who the heck would want anything other than a BlackBerry, non-classified use only for Androids, nothing there. Do we really care what the cleaning staff will be using for communication?:

"I have been hearing from a few people recently about how BlackBerry is getting squeezed on the government front due to the United States DoD approving iOS and Android devices for government use. I took that with a huge grain of salt since I was waiting for the DoD to release their STIG guidance for how these devices would have to be configured. In short government employees may be �able� to use an iPhone or iPad on the DoD networks but here is a short list of what they will have to sacrifice for that pleasure:
    ◾No Safari browser (you have to use a containerized browser that will have far fewer features)
    ◾No iMessage
    ◾No iTunes
    ◾No App Store (as in only apps the DoD allows on your device through their own App Store)
    ◾Containerized segregated email client
    ◾No Wi-Fi access on DoD Wi-Fi networks though you can use it at home or publicly
    ◾Must be connected to a MDM (Mobile Device Management) solution

The last point is one of the most interesting. To be able to use an iOS device or Android device on the DoD network it must be hooked up to an MDM. Currently the only approved MDM is BlackBerry Enterprise Service.

The other thing to note is that the DoD has approved BlackBerry Balance for using both personal and government data on one device. That means you can have all your personal email, music, apps, and other information while also having a secure work partition on the BlackBerry 10 device. You don�t even need to have a password on the personal partition only the work partition. Samsung is trying to do something similar but is having quite a bit of trouble trying to get their version of Dual Personas out the gate. Its also hard to compare the KNOX solution since Samsung keeps on delaying its release.

Either way both cases seem to show off the difference between security being bolted on and being baked in. BlackBerry 10 was designed for both enterprise/government and personal use on the same device. In short the playing field is nowhere near level when you compare BlackBerry vs other solutions for the enterprise. On the other hand the competition is starting to encroach on a territory BlackBerry has long dominated."

Only Crippled iOS iPhone & iPad Approved by US DoD for Government Work - BerryReview

I'm sure there will be a long line-up for crippled phones at the DoD.
    Corbu, Mr BBRY, ibpluto and 20 others like this.
    06-09-14 11:59 AM
    Who the heck would want anything other than a BlackBerry, non-classified use only for Androids, nothing there. Do we really care what the cleaning staff will be using for communication?:
    ]

I'm sure there will be a long line-up for crippled phones at the DoD.
    Thanks for re posting this.
    Nay sayers might need reminder every few days.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    ibpluto, Corbu, rarsen and 7 others like this.
    06-09-14 12:16 PM
    Morgan, can you take a look at this chart from the oppenheimer technical strategist on BBRY and your thoughts. his thoughts are below as of June 3, 2014

According to Ari Wald, head of technical analysis at Oppenheimer & Co., BlackBerry has some downside ahead based on the stock's technicals. "The charts depict a weak stock that is going lower," Wald said. "It's a sell right here."
    Wald notes the stock has had lower highs over the past few years. And, he sees its near-term signals as pointing downward, too. BlackBerry was "very oversold in the first quarter," Wald said. The stock "spent the last few months moving sideways. I think that's alleviated some of that oversold conditions."

But, along with its falling 50-day moving average, Wald thinks the near-term range for BlackBerry has formed a pennant that will ultimately break lower.

"I think it does not hold the $7 support," Wald said. "It's headed back to $6."

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-oppenheimer-bbry.jpg

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/talki...220242220.html
    06-09-14 12:30 PM
    Oh, those pesky naysayers, eh? They've suggested that a couple of the other players might eventually get security clearance in some areas...crazy people, I tell you...everyone knows that completely impossible...

06-09-14 12:33 PM
    Oh, those pesky naysayers, eh? They've suggested that a couple of the other players might eventually get security clearance in some areas...crazy people, I tell you...everyone knows that completely impossible...

Nothing is impossible. And it works both ways.

rampagingpanda likes this.
    06-09-14 12:44 PM
    Morgan, can you take a look at this chart from the oppenheimer technical strategist on BBRY and your thoughts. his thoughts are below as of June 3, 2014

According to Ari Wald, head of technical analysis at Oppenheimer & Co., BlackBerry has some downside ahead based on the stock's technicals. "The charts depict a weak stock that is going lower," Wald said. "It's a sell right here."
    Wald notes the stock has had lower highs over the past few years. And, he sees its near-term signals as pointing downward, too. BlackBerry was "very oversold in the first quarter," Wald said. The stock "spent the last few months moving sideways. I think that's alleviated some of that oversold conditions."

But, along with its falling 50-day moving average, Wald thinks the near-term range for BlackBerry has formed a pennant that will ultimately break lower.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oppenheimer-BBRY.jpg 
Views:	1929 
Size:	73.3 KB 
ID:	277236

I still can't pretend to understand or grasp the value in these charts as a medium to long term indicator of anything, never mind stock prices. I THINK I understand why they are of virtually no predictive value in such cases, but so many people seem so fascinated by them that I wonder if I'm missing something important...

kfh227 likes this.
    06-09-14 12:45 PM
    I still can't pretend to understand or grasp the value in these charts as a medium to long term indicator of anything, never mind stock prices. I THINK I understand why they are of virtually no predictive value in such cases, but so many people seem so fascinated by them that I wonder if I'm missing something important...

"Wonder" is a good starting step.

morganplus8, bungaboy and Mr BBRY like this.
    06-09-14 12:48 PM
    I've always felt the same way about Astrology and Feng Shui.
    kfh227 likes this.
    06-09-14 01:01 PM
    "Wonder" is a good starting step.

Thank you. I am a bear of little brain.

06-09-14 01:02 PM
    Thank you. I am a bear of little brain.

No Need to thank you here. size of the brain doesn't matter here. there might be thousands of things that i dont know but you may know and vise versa. with mutual respect and open mind we can all learn from each other.
    There was a time that i was on the same page about stock charts, as you are and have argued here on this same thread.
    I dont know much about trading till today. however i learned about charts some what from Morgan8 and Jlagoon.
    stock charts are not written on the stone predictions and there is no guaranteed nor do these gentlemen claim. it is an extra measurement to judge the market maker's next move to justify entering and leaving a certain stock. there are proven softwares to work at this in real times.
    I have lots of respect for those two gentlemen who take their time and come up with those charts.
    CJ Has tried few times but ever since he broke out with Justin B and in frustration bought an android phone for him self, he is shying away from this thread. LoL
    06-09-14 01:21 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oppenheimer-BBRY.jpg 
Views:	1929 
Size:	73.3 KB 
ID:	277236

Hi kadakn01!!

I have a really difficult time looking into anything that comes out of CNBC, the home of all things Apple, but there is some lingering concern about revenues for the Q1 2015 ER coming up next week. We would not want to see another 18% drop in gross revenues this reporting period. This is why the stock is not rallying along with its sector or the general market. Now here is his chart (12-month with 50-dma) but I have extended his line to January 2013 as it is clearly making lower highs as suggested:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-halo-june-9-2014.png

Note that when you extend the chart back 3-years, you'll see that we are in fact moving sideways since 2012 with a well defined Double Bottom in the stock. He over-looks that bit of good news, and, we have rallied hard off that mark. So yes, we could be disappointed again with poor revenues but the Q1 ER is more about stabilization and Chen might just point out the Software/Enterprise revenue has stopped bleeding and then you have your rally. There is more to BlackBerry than handset sales and that is the primary reason the stock is trading within a "lower high chart pattern", they haven't stopped the hardware bleeding yet, nor have they adjusted to BB 10 for Enterprise. I think it is wrong for Ari Wald not to point out that the stock is at risk of retracing to its prior lows, but at the same time, the reward is clearly much higher here, a test of the double top highs and beyond. Only one aspect of the business has to bottom out here in order to send this stock well above its 50-dma again. When you trade in commodities, it is always about the risk/reward ratio ............ I like to see a 2:1 ratio or better and BBRY has provided that over the past few weeks. At the lower end of its range ($ 7.18/shr support) it was a screaming BUY. Today, you have to know that Chen is all about defending BBRY, ... that he is very confident in the company going forward today. The thing is, we won't see any signs of the turn around in the stock prior to the ER but the stock is well above its support and I like the long side today.
    06-09-14 01:25 PM
    No Need to thank you here. size of the brain doesn't matter here. there might be thousands of things that i dont know but you may know and vise versa. with mutual respect and open mind we can all learn from each other.
    There was a time that i was on the same page about stock charts, as you are and have argued here on this same thread.
    I dont know much about trading till today. however i learned about charts some what from Morgan8 and Jlagoon.
    stock charts are not written on the stone predictions and there is no guaranteed nor do these gentlemen claim. it is an extra measurement to judge the market maker's next move to justify entering and leaving a certain stock. there are proven softwares to work at this in real times.
    I have lots of respect for those two gentlemen who take their time and come up with those charts.
    CJ Has tried few times but ever since he broke out with Justin B and in frustration bought an android phone for him self, he is shying away from this thread. LoL
    If you look back, you will find that I did not mention short term predictive value in my comment on the usefulness of charts. I can certainly see how they may be of some value there, when the odds of real world events changing things is far lower.

I'm no expert, but charts seem to work on an 'all external things being equal' basis. The multitude of external things hardly ever stay equal, however, and therein lies the deficiency of charts - at least that's how I see it.

Also, my lack of belief in charts does not translate into any kind of insult towards those who swear by them. Lots of people in here think they are of value; I personally do not. I certainly wouldn't assume that those who believe in them think I'm a worthless fool, and I certainly don't harbour any personal negative judgements towards them either. Different beliefs - that's life. By 'belief' is that I haven't got a clue what's going to happen tomorrow, or a month from now, but that I think BlackBerry will make it. Everything else, I wait to see.

BlackistheBerry and sidhuk like this.
    06-09-14 01:38 PM
    For the record, I didn't buy an Android, it was given to me from work. It's also almost never used.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, dusdal, sidhuk and 5 others like this.
    06-09-14 04:25 PM
    For the record, I didn't buy an Android, it was given to me from work. It's also almost never used.

Posted via CB10
    Not even as a paper weight?
    Corbu, sidhuk, bigbadben10 and 1 others like this.
    06-09-14 04:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    I know that it was work phone. i was also teasing about the "other" friendship. kind of miss you here CJ. thanks for showing up. it is been a while that we have happy times on this thread. too much judging going on i guess.
    bungaboy and zyben like this.
    06-09-14 05:23 PM
    Not even as a paper weight?
    It actually does... and Google Now is good when I need to know if I should take an umbrella..a..a..a
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    06-09-14 05:44 PM
    I know that it was work phone. i was also teasing about the "other" friendship. kind of miss you here CJ. thanks for showing up. it is been a while that we have happy times on this thread. too much judging going on i guess.
    JB? Oh that's still on

I haven't been around so much due mainly to having to actually work out of an office from 8:30-5 now.
    sidhuk likes this.
    06-09-14 05:47 PM
    Finally, I Like when these guys cry "SELL" so loud ...
    And, about charting with T.A, it's not that much an indicator of what we/you have to do. Instead much more an indicator of how computers will trade on no news and low volumes (in my words :"when the stock is out of the radar").

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140610_005201.png

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 06-10-14 at 03:59 AM. Reason: obvious typos
    smart548, bungaboy, rarsen and 6 others like this.
    06-09-14 05:55 PM
    06-09-14 09:54 PM
113,256 ... 26452646264726482649 ...