View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    OT: but I just saw an article that Good Technology bought Boxtone back in April. Good is on an acquisition rampage as they prepare to go public.
    06-06-14 07:00 PM
    i second that...seems to be dropping below cash value..morgan i know you were looking at this one earlier..any thoughts/updates on it? thanks in advance
    Hi guys,

I just got home and spotted your messages, I need some time to do some research on this stock, I'll get back to you later this weekend.

I did notice that they filed to issue more stock and I have to find out why they would do that with their cash hoard. Again, I need some time to look into this one again, so ..... I'll have something for you in a day or two.
    bungaboy, sidhuk, Corbu and 5 others like this.
    06-06-14 07:02 PM
    Weekend ...

Posted via a Device with Z and a 30
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    06-06-14 07:13 PM
    And then:

06-06-14 07:16 PM
    And then....

06-06-14 07:20 PM
    The end...

06-06-14 07:24 PM
    K...back on topic, apologies if previously posted,but, if true, five short years and we are either leading, bought or dead...not long to find out lol:
    http://www.zdnet.com/internet-of-thi...dc-7000030236/

06-06-14 07:58 PM
    Good Saturday morning crew. Snoop Dogs at work again.

Vodafone blows whistle on ‘direct links’

Vodafone blows whistle on ‘direct links’ - The Globe and Mail

"According to Rogers, Canadian police and other government agencies requested about 175,000 pieces of data in 2013. This works out roughly to an average of one request for every 72 Rogers customers. The company has 12.6 million cellphone, Internet and home-phone subscribers."
    06-07-14 08:01 AM
    If Apple abandons the 3.5 mm jack, I wonder how many people will choose not to upgrade. Some people have their favorite headphones and they are not Beats. Should be interesting to see.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-14 11:32 AM
    Hey guys i was searching around but I cant seem to find analyst estimates for the upcoming earnings, I remember there was a article from SA before trying to predict the numbers too can someone remember the name of the writer?

Thanks!
    06-07-14 11:36 AM
    Good Saturday morning crew. Snoop Dogs at work again.

Vodafone blows whistle on �direct links�

Vodafone blows whistle on ‘direct links’ - The Globe and Mail"
    Snoop Dogg???
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-snoop.jpg

Sorry guys. Couldn't resist. Have a great weekend all!

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    06-07-14 11:36 AM
    If Apple abandons the 3.5 mm jack, I wonder how many people will choose not to upgrade. Some people have their favorite headphones and they are not Beats. Should be interesting to see.

Posted via CB10
    I have tried few expensive ones. But found these to be the best sounding $100 bucks over the ear head sets. Around 30 hours of battery life, great sound and wireless blue tooth, accepts calls too.
    Obviously apple is going to include their own head phones and they will be called a break through in the sound arena. Lol.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140607_123155.jpg

Attachment 276808
    Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    bungaboy and plasmid_boy like this.
    06-07-14 12:38 PM
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-07-14 02:23 PM
    This makes no sense...Bold 9900 for $399 and pre-order?

ShopBlackBerry.com Launches Pre-orders for Bold 9900 for $399 | N4BB
    ZayDub likes this.
    06-07-14 04:06 PM
    Not the BlackBerry Classic, but classic BlackBerry lol. Anyone want an out of date phone for $400?? Haha. They should release an old Curve for pre orders for $1000 . That would be a great idea.

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    ZayDub likes this.
    06-07-14 07:51 PM
    Not the BlackBerry Classic, but classic BlackBerry lol. Anyone want an out of date phone for $400?? Haha. They should release an old Curve for pre orders for $1000 . That would be a great idea.

Nothing wrong with selling a limited supply of their best-selling device at a premium price. It shows people are still buying them, and I assume it's because of BIS. Marketing expenses should also be rather low for the 9900 since enough people have asked for BlackBerry to manufacture another batch.. so it's not entirely impossible to imagine that BlackBerry is expecting to sell the 9900 only to people looking for one in the first place (less marketing costs) as they're aware it's not an attractive device anymore for >99%. Above all, maybe the 400 USD is mostly manufacturing costs since what they're doing is bringing back a limited supply = start-up costs + low volume + ... = expensive device??

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, Corbu, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    06-08-14 03:19 AM
    If you say so, mate...makes no sense to me though...these are presumably folks BlackBerry would rather have buying Q20s...selling old phones that witnessed the near death of the brand does nothing for BlackBerry 10 and prolongs the sight of old ridiculed hardware.

I think BlackBerry can sometimes be guilty of listening to their customers too much. I have to say I agree with Kawasaki here: customers generally cannot tell you what they want. Sure, BlackBerry got some people telling them they liked the 9900, but selling them this phone isn't in BlackBerry's best interest. It's the Q20 these folks should be getting.

Yes, it is probably obvious that BlackBerry are selling these phones, or trying to, in order to pull in some more transitional BB7 related fees, but on balance, I think it's silly. There is a hidden cost of continuing to sell BB7 phones that doesn't show up on paper, but is in the papers every day.

BlackBerry needs to get BB7 as far behind it as possible now, and bringing laughing stock phones back from the dead is not the way to do that. Yes, I agree that the 9900 was great way back when, but it's time to move on and move people on.

leafs123, anon(4086547) and ZayDub like this.
    06-08-14 05:14 AM
    If you say so, mate...makes no sense to me though...these are presumably folks BlackBerry would rather have buying Q20s...selling old phones that witnessed the near death of the brand does nothing for BlackBerry 10 and prolongs the sight of old ridiculed hardware.

I think BlackBerry can sometimes be guilty of listening to their customers too much. I have to say I agree with Kawasaki here: customers generally cannot tell you what they want. Sure, BlackBerry got some people telling them they liked the 9900, but selling them this phone isn't in BlackBerry's best interest. It's the Q20 these folks should be getting.

Yes, it is probably obvious that BlackBerry are selling these phones, or trying to, in order to pull in some more transitional BB7 related fees, but on balance, I think it's silly. There is a hidden cost of continuing to sell BB7 phones that doesn't show up on paper, but is in the papers every day.

BlackBerry needs to get BB7 as far behind it as possible now, and bringing laughing stock phones back from the dead is not the way to do that. Yes, I agree that the 9900 was great way back when, but it's time to move on and move people on.

I disagree.

The 9900 was a flagship. It's still one of the most secure phones on the planet.

And without BES12 being available yet, they'll continue to cater to companies who need to keep BES5 afloat for security reasons.
    _dimi_, rarsen, bungaboy and 6 others like this.
    06-08-14 06:29 AM
    I disagree.

The 9900 was a flagship. It's still one of the most secure phones on the planet.

And without BES12 being available yet, they'll continue to cater to companies who need to keep BES5 afloat for security reasons.
    Well, disagreement is vital to clear thinking. Yes, it WAS a flagship...but it's also aimed at the very people to whom BlackBerry want to sell this Q20 or 'Classic' (awful name for a mobile phone) when it comes out in the fall.

Very, very short term thinking, in my view, but hey...

06-08-14 07:06 AM
    Hmm. $400 seems high. But interestingly I just checked ebay and the 9900 is going for at least $100. That is not much less than what a new Z10 is going for.

I don't think this confuses the market. Anyone who is buying this new at this point knows that they aren't getting any apps or a good Internet experience. But if you just want communication this phone is great.

But if I wanted it I would buy it used and buy a new battery.

Posted via CB10
    Corbu and rarsen like this.
    06-08-14 07:53 AM
    Well, disagreement is vital to clear thinking. Yes, it WAS a flagship...but it's also aimed at the very people to whom BlackBerry want to sell this Q20 or 'Classic' (awful name for a mobile phone) when it comes out in the fall.

Very, very short term thinking, in my view, but hey...
    If they dropped the 9900, what would exist to make the Classic shine when it's finally released with BES12?
    Corbu, bungaboy, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    06-08-14 07:55 AM
    I'm in the "I don't really get it" camp. This (at least in my opinion) tells me BlackBerry has completely undersold the value of the Q10, OR, grossly overvalued the 9900. The two devices should not be priced the same, as I don't see what the value of the 9900 is over the Q10. Unless you consider this allows some enterprises to carry on with BES5 (cost savings) while still being able to get new devices (no net increase). Either way, how many will they sell?

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    06-08-14 08:03 AM
    Nothing really new but some good points and food for thought in here:

BlackBerry may have lost its mojo to iOS and Android devices, but the fact still remains there that the Canadian company has some of the most robust devices and services that currently exist. But the question of technological superiority becomes mute when they are consistently losing market share. It’s worth looking into, to find the cause behind this apparent anomaly. While the company always struggled to find its foothold in the consumer market, it held leadership in corporate and enterprise market. However, now it is losing that even that edge to Apple and Google.

Many BlackBerry services are struggling to gain traction, despite their superior features and architecture. Point in case is BBM, arguably one of the best messaging apps around. But in the world of WhatsApp, BBM looks completely lost. BlackBerry is continually pumping resources to keep its messaging app up to date and full of new features, but nothing seems to be working and the users still remain wary.

The biggest cause of concern is the WhatApp’s popularity despite its lax security features. The app attracts thousands of new subscribers every month, who seem to be completely oblivious to its security flaws. BBM app, on the other hand, is languishing although it has one of the best security features in the market. BlackBerry needs to look deep inside to see why it is not able to leverage its technological superiority. Is this due to lack of marketing efforts?

But it is not the products or marketing efforts, it is the general apathy towards BlackBerry that is hurting its business the most. The company is not able to generate enough buzz in the market and consequently its superior products and services are getting ignored by the masses. The Canadian company still has legions of dedicated fans, but the general public is more or less blas� about its services.

What BlackBerry lacks is the charisma and a charismatic leader. Apple had Steve Jobs, who single-handedly took the company to new heights. In today’s marketing driven market, it is a good story, more than a good product or service which sells. In order to stand apart from the growing crowd in smartphone market, BlackBerry needs to concoct a beautiful, mesmerizing story to sell its products.

Another step that BlackBerry needs to take is to jazz up its devices and services. While its services are robust and secure, they lack the zing factor craved by mass media. This also explains why BlackBerry is more popular with the corporate sector, which value features over form. However, in order to survive in the consumer market, BlackBerry needs to go beyond mere utility.

In today’s market, form is more coveted than features. The call of the time is that the Canadian company adds charm to its technologically proven services. It needs to capture the mass market while retaining its position in the enterprise sector. Its new OS is already gaining favor in the market and the recent Heartbleed outbreak highlighted the superior security features of BlackBerry services. It is time to capitalize this opportunity.

What if BlackBerry Surpasses iOS and Android | BlackBerryRocks.com
    bungaboy, sidhuk, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    06-08-14 08:08 AM
    In other news, I'm going to go ahead and call this one early: BlackBerry 10 is finally catching on in the UK, or at least in London. Q10s and Z10s are all over the place. I've still never seen a Z30 in the wild, but we are seeing some very big improvements over here.

This is actually really good news. We've got new phones out in the fall, and they simply will not face the same drag as the first ones did.

I'm VERY confident that BlackBerry will price the next round of phones too high, and market them badly, but I think we will see real traction this year, especially through the Christmas period. They really need to release a world-beating touchscreen by November, but he will have to wait and see if that happens.

neteng1000 and JLagoon like this.
    06-08-14 08:13 AM
    I'm in the "I don't really get it" camp. This (at least in my opinion) tells me BlackBerry has completely undersold the value of the Q10, OR, grossly overvalued the 9900. The two devices should not be priced the same, as I don't see what the value of the 9900 is over the Q10. Unless you consider this allows some enterprises to carry on with BES5 (cost savings) while still being able to get new devices (no net increase). Either way, how many will they sell?

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    I think you are part of a large camp of folks who are able to look at a duck and call it a duck. This $399 9900 is a nonsense. But hey, would following BlackBerry's progress be any fun if they didn't give us little gems like this to puzzle over?

06-08-14 08:15 AM
113,256 ... 26432644264526462647 ...