• Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    morlock_man!!

OT ALERT!!!

I would refer you to the Canadian Cancer Society:

Canadian Cancer Society’s perspective on DCA

As you can see by their link to formal research, there is very little work being done in clinically guided research to this date. At question is the quantity of the drug that would be needed for human benefit, and of course, how much hyper-oxygenated pressure would be required to replenish O2 in the cancerous cells. It looks as though other programs with micro delivery techniques are favoured for cancer treatment today.
    Hey Morgan,

I've contacted the Canadian Cancer Society to no avail.

The question isn't just about what quantity of the compound is necessary, there's a family of more potent versions of the compound found in the same plant based on heavier halogens like bromine and iodine. These versions might be required in even smaller doses than DCA.

I've been doing some studies of ancient cultures that seem to show use of a similar process spread across all the ancient hydraulic empires, based on their mythologies and building practices. (Babylonians, Egyptians, Incans, Aztecs, Mayans, etc.)

I've got a video that provides a synopsis:

In short, this style of treatment targets mitochondrial regulation of cellular process and reducing oxidative stresses on the cells, which applies to more than just cancer.

The easiest and cheapest way to make use of it would be to take a trip somewhere warm, consume vast amounts of limu kohu (which grows like a weed on coral) and start scuba diving. I'm still waiting for a researcher in Hawaii to wake up this morning so I can send along more info.

Thats all I've got, but I'm pushing to get the information shared. I've got a Thunderclap waiting approval to see if crowdspeaking can raise awareness faster and push for this research. There's very little financial incentive to complete the research for an industry that makes about $50 billion a year selling poisons.

[OT ends now, thanks for listening]
    06-04-14 11:26 AM
    OT ALERT!!!

chrysaurora!!
    any good news from the FDA will send this one flying. The FDA has 30 days to respond to HALO's request to lift the HOLD, that date is now June 12th. I realize we have been waiting over 2 months for these stocks to get going again but the indexes are leading the way with larger Biotech stocks moving up now. The smaller stocks will follow too. I still hold all of my shares in everything so far, no additions or sales as I believe Biotech will come roaring back. GL

As for BBRY, as you can clearly see, today we have the strongest push above it's 50-dma in a very long time. It looks as though the rally has begun now that the threat of Apple and it's lame day in the news is over.
    Thanks, Morgan!

As for BBRY - I guess it's not going to really pop until we get some solid good news directly from BlackBerry (Chen etc). Most likely, it'd take some amazing Z3 sales numbers.
    06-04-14 12:41 PM
    FWIW and (moreover) the pleasure to write GREEEEEN again
    Cheers, gang !
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    06-04-14 12:52 PM
    Hey Morgan,

I've contacted the Canadian Cancer Society to no avail.

The question isn't just about what quantity of the compound is necessary, there's a family of more potent versions of the compound found in the same plant based on heavier halogens like bromine and iodine. These versions might be required in even smaller doses than DCA.

I've been doing some studies of ancient cultures that seem to show use of a similar process spread across all the ancient hydraulic empires, based on their mythologies and building practices. (Babylonians, Egyptians, Incans, Aztecs, Mayans, etc.)

I've got a video that provides a synopsis:

In short, this style of treatment targets mitochondrial regulation of cellular process and reducing oxidative stresses on the cells, which applies to more than just cancer.

The easiest and cheapest way to make use of it would be to take a trip somewhere warm, consume vast amounts of limu kohu (which grows like a weed on coral) and start scuba diving. I'm still waiting for a researcher in Hawaii to wake up this morning so I can send along more info.

Thats all I've got, but I'm pushing to get the information shared. I've got a Thunderclap waiting approval to see if crowdspeaking can raise awareness faster and push for this research. There's very little financial incentive to complete the research for an industry that makes about $50 billion a year selling poisons.

[OT ends now, thanks for listening]
    Hi Morlock_man,
    This is out of my area of expertise, but it just doesn't seem right to me on the surface.
    1) Chlorine substituted acetic acid, even though it exists in nature, I would be surprised if the compound is not toxic. The reason being is that chloride is a very good leaving group, it would likely kill all acetic acid metabolizing enzymes by covalently bond their active sites.
    2) I would imagine that one would want to restrict oxygen supplies to the cancer cells in the core of the tumor, rather than supplying it with more.
    3) Oxygen moves from vessels to cells by differences in relative pressure and not by absolute pressure. So, if you increase the pressure of the whole body by diving, I would expect that the relative pressure between blood vessel and cells do not change, thus oxygen flow would remain the same. Now, pressuring in a chamber with high oxygen in the chamber would make a difference, I guess.

Having said that, this is just my first impression and I have seen strange things happens, so I will keep an open mind. Cheers!
    MasterMoe, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    06-04-14 01:06 PM
    1) Chlorine substituted acetic acid, even though it exists in nature, I would be surprised if the compound is not toxic. The reason being is that chloride is a very good leaving group, it would likely kill all acetic acid metabolizing enzymes by covalently bond their active sites.
    2) I would imagine that one would want to restrict oxygen supplies to the cancer cells in the core of the tumor, rather than supplying it with more.
    3) Oxygen moves from vessels to cells by differences in relative pressure and not by absolute pressure. So, if you increase the pressure of the whole body by diving, I would expect that the relative pressure between blood vessel and cells do not change, thus oxygen flow would remain the same. Now, pressuring in a chamber with high oxygen in the chamber would make a difference, I guess.

Having said that, this is just my first impression and I have seen strange things happens, so I will keep an open mind. Cheers!
    1. Already being studied and is non-toxic in the doses used. The iodine and bromine version are present in the seaweed, but currently not being studied.

2. Cancer cells don't use oxygen for energy. They use glycolsis. Oxidative phosphorylation is governed by the mitochondria, which are inactive in cancer cells. Mitochondria also control apoptosis (programmed cell death), which is why their inactivity prevents cancer cells from self-terminating or correcting.

3. Oxygen is carried in the blood by the hemoglobin in red blood cells. The volume of dissolved oxygen in blood plasma is vanishingly small. Increase the pressure and this situation changes. Increase it enough and you do away with the need for red blood cells to carry oxygen altogether, as in the case of the crocodile icefish of Antarctica.

Sorry to keep this OT for another moment, but my Thunderclap has been approved.

http://thndr.it/1l63JXO
    06-04-14 01:24 PM
    1. Already being studied and is non-toxic in the doses used. The iodine and bromine version are present in the seaweed, but currently not being studied.

2. Cancer cells don't use oxygen for energy. They use glycolsis. Oxidative phosphorylation is governed by the mitochondria, which are inactive in cancer cells. Mitochondria also control apoptosis (programmed cell death), which is why their inactivity prevents cancer cells from self-terminating or correcting.

3. Oxygen is carried in the blood by the hemoglobin in red blood cells. The volume of dissolved oxygen in blood plasma is vanishingly small. Increase the pressure and this situation changes. Increase it enough and you do away with the need for red blood cells to carry oxygen altogether, as in the case of the crocodile icefish of Antarctica.

Sorry to keep this OT for another moment, but my Thunderclap has been approved.

http://thndr.it/1l63JXO
    Hi again,
    OT so I will just quickly mention that my original comments stand.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 01:34 PM
    Hi again,
    OT so I will just quickly mention that my original comments stand.

Posted via CB10
    I appreciate the thoughts, but by this time I've expanded my own education spoken with enough people in the field to be confident in my assertions.

They problem I have is too many people consider it to be Someone Else's Problem.
    06-04-14 01:58 PM
    I appreciate the thoughts, but by this time I've expanded my own education spoken with enough people in the field to be confident in my assertions.

They problem I have is too many people consider it to be Someone Else's Problem.
    Sure, I understand. But maybe that's not the only reason why people are not developing it (I really don't know).
    I can tell for sure that if I feel that this is legit, I would put a few staffs on it (even though it is not my field, we have the expertise to take it forward). I am sure that everyone of my colleagues would do the same (if such a simple compound could truly treats cancer).
    06-04-14 02:15 PM
    Sure, I understand. But maybe that's not the only reason why people are not developing it (I really don't know).
    I can tell for sure that if I feel that this is legit, I would put a few staffs on it (even though it is not my field, we have the expertise to take it forward). I am sure that everyone of my colleagues would do the same (if such a simple compound could truly treats cancer).
    I've been trying to raise awareness locally. The University in St. John's has the hard hyperbaric chamber and the cancer researchers, but no one in Newfoundland will listen. Not the best place to be forward thinking at the moment.

The main reason no one is developing the idea is money. There's no money to be had in researching an un-patentable treatment, and right now DCA is thought to be xenobiotic so it requires about a billion dollars in clinical trials before it can be approved. No corporation wants to throw their money away, so no one is really looking at it. It's being researched here in Canada because we've got a Health Care system that looks at cancer as a plague, not a cash cow, but I can't even get the original team that announced their findings listen for a moment to tell them it's not actually xenobiotic.
    06-04-14 02:33 PM
    Superfly, is this you? Congratulations!

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2014/06/...ackBerry+Blog)

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 02:42 PM
    I've been trying to raise awareness locally. The University in St. John's has the hard hyperbaric chamber and the cancer researchers, but no one in Newfoundland will listen. Not the best place to be forward thinking at the moment.

The main reason no one is developing the idea is money. There's no money to be had in researching an un-patentable treatment, and right now DCA is thought to be xenobiotic so it requires about a billion dollars in clinical trials before it can be approved. No corporation wants to throw their money away, so no one is really looking at it. It's being researched here in Canada because we've got a Health Care system that looks at cancer as a plague, not a cash cow, but I can't even get the original team that announced their findings listen for a moment to tell them it's not actually xenobiotic.
    You are probably right about corporations, their job is to make money. But for academic labs like mine, we are not really working to make a profit. Our goals are to uncover how things work and find ways to solve useful problems and publish the information to share with the public. So, the money argument might not hold for all research labs.
    rarsen, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    06-04-14 02:46 PM
    You are probably right about corporations, their job is to make money. But for academic labs like mine, we are not really working to make a profit. Our goals are to uncover how things work and find ways to solve useful problems and publish the information to share with the public. So, the money argument might not hold for all research labs.
    I don't expect that it would. Some people just like to learn for the sake of learning.

Good to know you're in that category.
    06-04-14 02:56 PM
    I saw that too! Awesome!!

Superfly, is this you? Congratulations!

BBM Voice Connects Continents | Inside BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 03:02 PM
    OT: Halozyme To Resume PEGPH20 Clinical Program In Pancreatic Cancer!!

Edit: Just saw Morgan's earlier post, talk about timing to lift the halt!
    Signhere, Corbu, Mr BBRY and 13 others like this.
    06-04-14 03:08 PM
    *OT*. HALO PEG trial resumed. FDA approved.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 03:10 PM
    OT: Halozyme To Resume PEGPH20 Clinical Program In Pancreatic Cancer!!

Edit: Just saw Morgan's earlier post, talk about timing to lift the halt!
    Unbelievable!!! Morgan strikes again!!!
    06-04-14 03:15 PM
    For our fearless leader:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-c000ab2d5_f5319280-ec12-11e3-aab1-0200ac177830.jpeg

La Emperor, rarsen, zyben and 6 others like this.
    06-04-14 03:16 PM
    Unbelievable!!! Morgan strikes again!!!
    Damn... I missed this.After Morgan replied to my post, I thought, I'd go buy HALO tomorrow! and look..I just missed it.

So, hey Morgan now that I've missed HALO boat (already up 15%), what other stocks would you want me to watch?
    La Emperor likes this.
    06-04-14 03:17 PM
    Damn... I missed this.After Morgan replied to my post, I thought, I'd go buy HALO tomorrow! and look..I just missed it.

So, hey Morgan now that I've missed HALO boat (already up 15%), what other stocks would you want me to watch?
    HALO has a long way to go imo, I don't think you've missed the boat.
    06-04-14 03:40 PM

Legally, the FDA had until June 12th to announce the lift and they decided to do it today. Enrollment sites will now have to conform to the standard and we'll hear more about the time-line for this when Dr. Torley speaks at the Jefferies event tomorrow. The news was expected for many of us but it is nice to see the stock moving up over the 50-dma tonight and hopefully filling that gap. I'm certain we'll be getting some additional clarification tomorrow. Now think about all of those analysts who dropped their targets by 50% on the halt, where will they raise them to this time around?

As for BBRY, it had to close right on it's 50-dma today! Darn it all anyway.

I don't have any more stocks in the pipeline to purchase, I like what I own right now. I have my standard pharmas and BBRY and that's it, I sold all of my EnCana recently so I'm all in for now. GL
    La Emperor, take99, Corbu and 9 others like this.
    06-04-14 03:47 PM
    Can i get an opinion on this video?

You may want to consider have some of the longer paragraphs remain on screen a bit longer. One needs a bit more time to read, register, and comprehend what the written words say (while music plays in video as well).

It is a good presentation IMO.
    rarsen, morganplus8 and sidhuk like this.
    06-04-14 04:39 PM
    Anecdote Alert:

I'm seeing a HUGE increase in the number of Q10s here in London. I've always said the the UK is a better target recovery market than the East, but in any case, we can observe a huge difference in the BlackBerry 10 devices situation here. It will take time for word of mouth to spread, but I haven't heard a BlackBerry is dead story in ages, and I suspect that by the fall, the UK will be primed for a BlackBerry 10 breakout...will all depend on we know what, but the opportunity will be there.

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    06-04-14 04:47 PM
    I think this one of the reason medical records needs to be secure?
    http://jezebel.com/hospital-employee...full+(Jezebel)

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    06-04-14 05:15 PM
    I think this one of the reason medical records needs to be secure?
    http://jezebel.com/hospital-employee...full+(Jezebel)

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    Wowsa...not cool at all.

Posted via a Device with Z and a 30
    bungaboy, sidhuk, georg4BB and 1 others like this.
    06-04-14 05:24 PM
    You may want to consider have some of the longer paragraphs remain on screen a bit longer. One needs a bit more time to read, register, and comprehend what the written words say (while music plays in video as well).

It is a good presentation IMO.
    Could always just pause. There's no voice over to interrupt.
    06-04-14 05:31 PM
113,256 ... 26392640264126422643 ...