View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Looks like i'll be adding the Q20 to my growing collection (Have Z10,Q10, Z30) i love the z30 but i cannot pass up a good phone with keyboard!

thanks for link signhere!
    Mr BBRY, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    06-04-14 12:18 AM
    Unfortunately it's been proven time and time again that being better or the best doesn't really matter. "Good enough" is what wins the masses. There's a market for better or best, but it's not going to be the mass market.

In the commoditized smart phone market that Android created, we have to remember that. Ina Fried, from last week's Re/code interview with John Chen, demonstrated just that when she asked him why should she care if her house got hacked. People just don't care about security, and even if it does bite them, they still won't care! Malware and Android are almost synonymous but who's winning the platform war?
    Yes, but it's not entirely black and white. The masses - everyone really - are susceptible to narrative. The need a reason to love BlackBerry. Obviously, Apple are the best at creating such narrative, but BlackBerry have the opportunity to do so. We just need to wait and see what's on offer this fall, and what sort of narrative accompanies it. The 'serious business man' has turned 'social', and we need to see if BlackBerry have finally accepted that...cant rely on being 'loved' my people who only use you because they have no choice.

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    06-04-14 01:38 AM
    Not that much of a TA expert, but the bollinger bands are getting TIGHT on a daily basis. Let's hope the big move that usually follows resolves this inverted head and shoulders JLagoon and Morgan have been talking about

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 02:38 AM
    BlackBerry commits to enterprise and Internet of Things markets - IT News from V3.co.uk

BlackBerry has confirmed that it will refocus on the enterprise as it looks to recover from declining sales of its handsets, but the firm also has an eye on opportunities around the Internet of Things with its QNX real-time operating system.

Speaking at the BlackBerry Experience event in London, BlackBerry's managing director for Europe, Markus Mueller, told an audience of customers that the firm is "re-pivoting to the enterprise" with its strategy, building on the existing security and management capabilities in its BlackBerry Enterprise Service (BES).

"Enterprise is our heritage. That's where security matters, and that's where trust matters," he said, conceding that BlackBerry had lost some of its focus in previous years in order to pursue the consumer smartphone market.

However, the firm is now "returning to its roots" and will "re-establish its leadership", he said, with more features and broader enterprise support, such as opening its APIs to other mobile management vendors and the addition of Windows Phone support in BES 12.

Mueller said that BlackBerry's strategy will comprise three parts: supporting enterprise mobility; enabling productivity; and in the future expanding into the Internet of Things through its QNX platform, which already underpins the BlackBerry 10 operating system in the firm's smartphones.

Mueller also told the audience that if you listened to many of the press reports over the past year or so "you would have thought that BlackBerry was finished", but that customers using BlackBerry technology know better than this.

He pointed to the security benefits of using BlackBerry for an organisation's enterprise mobility management solution, quoting figures showing that the average cost of a data breach to firms in the US during 2012 was $5.4m.

However, he also claimed that budget constraints have proved one of the biggest barriers to greater adoption of mobile technology in the enterprise, but that BlackBerry's platform is the most cost-effective solution on the market.

This was backed up by customers lined up for a panel discussion at the event. Alastair Lang, service delivery manager at Cordia, which provides home care services for Glasgow City Council, said his firm had evaluated rival platforms but those that offered similar capabilities were "almost double the cost of BlackBerry in some cases".

Referring to the bring your own device (BYOD) trend of the past few years, Mueller said that this had often not lived up to expectations.

"The idea was to save money while giving more choice to users, but what actually happened is that it became a nightmare, with lots of different devices with different versions of iOS and Android finding their way into organisations. It actually created more cost," he said.

BlackBerry instead sees organisations following a corporate-owned, personally enabled (COPE) model, but said it still intends to enable BYOD as well as support customers with fully restricted environments.

"What we're trying to do is solve all of those use cases," Mueller said.

He cited Mercedes as one customer where executives are restricted to corporate-liable devices, most users can pick from a restricted choice of devices under COPE, and a smaller number are allowed BYOD for limited access just to email, for example.

With BES 12 and beyond, BlackBerry is aiming to deliver a full, cross-platform mobility platform, according to Mueller.

"We started out with email and PIM capabilities, but we are moving up the stack in terms of securing not only email but other apps, app management and app security," he said, adding: "We want to become the single trusted provider for enterprise mobility."

Meanwhile, BlackBerry is also looking beyond smartphones, and has an eye on the potentially huge market for devices with the Internet of Things.

"Over the next 10 years, the number of connected devices will grow massively, with estimates ranging from more than 50 billion to more than a trillion," Mueller said.

QNX, which BlackBerry acquired in 2010, is already a widely deployed embedded platform in the automotive, healthcare and security markets, thanks to its robust real-time capabilities.

BlackBerry is now looking to expand its reach into consumer devices such as connected appliances, but also retail environments and so-called smart city schemes. The firm last month announced an initiative called Project Ion to drive QNX for the Internet of Things.
    06-04-14 06:30 AM
    06-04-14 06:34 AM
    Nothing more on the sales of the Z3?? No news, good news? Anybody heard or read anything lately ?

Sent using my ? Z30
    06-04-14 06:35 AM
    Nothing more on the sales of the Z3?? No news, good news? Anybody heard or read anything lately ?

Sent using my ? Z30
    Not enough news on the Z3 sales. Not a good indicator but there is still hope.
    techvisor likes this.
    06-04-14 06:38 AM
    Hi gang !
    News from the MDM front ... Good bought Fixmo.
    Not sure what to think, given the latest evolutions of BES (BlackBerry providing APIs to MDM competitors) but if I remind correcly, Fixmo is a major actor in DOD space, isn't it ?
    Also, where did Good find the cash to buy Fixmo ?
    => food for thoughts ...

Fixmo Acquired by Good Technology - Cantech Letter
    Mr BBRY, bungaboy, sidhuk and 10 others like this.
    06-04-14 07:08 AM
    Couple of guys on this thread have a lot to say and have descriptions of BlackBerry's upcoming devices seen at BlackBerry Experience.

Strange... and question to ask at BlackBerry Experience. - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

Posted via CB10
    Another concept posted on CB.

http://forums.crackberry.com/rehab-o.../#post10427213
    Shanerredflag, sidhuk and georg4BB like this.
    06-04-14 07:11 AM
    Thank you, that sounds good but I am inclined to be careful when it's coming from one guy versus a broad report.

What's the likelihood of Chen reporting on the Z3 sales with some actual numbers as opposed to some vague statement ? I think there was only around two full weeks of sales before the end of the quarter...

Sent using my ? Z30
    Slim IMO...it's a no win to give specifics because no matter what number he could possibly say the sell short camps and dooms dayers would exploit it.

Posted via a Device with Z and a 30
    Last edited by Shanerredflag; 06-04-14 at 08:05 AM.
    bungaboy, sidhuk and morganplus8 like this.
    06-04-14 07:52 AM
    Slim IMO...it's a no win to give specifics because no matter what number he could possibly say the sell short camps and dooms dayers would exploit it.

Good point, mind you it seems as though Chen has perfected the art of finding a way to put a positive spin on things, and the media have somehow responded well (or better then in the past) so I might remain optimistic until then...

Sent using my ? Z30
    Shanerredflag, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    06-04-14 08:10 AM
    Am I the only one still alive and active on this thread this morning? !!

See this thread I started, inquiring about what others may have heard as well.. Seems as though Videotron will stop carrying Blackberry, or so I heard from one rep.

http://forums.crackberry.com/videotr.../#post10431535

Any of you guys heard anything about that?
    06-04-14 09:44 AM
    So... someone seems to have pushed the launch button.
    06-04-14 09:50 AM

Won't there be some way to get context to the sale numbers. From what the chat boards say the phone is only available by order. There is no stock in the stores. Seems like Foxtron is being very you cautious with inventory. But it also might be that there is good demand and things are selling out. But the market needs to know!

Posted via CB10
    techvisor likes this.
    06-04-14 09:55 AM
    Won't there be some way to get context to the sale numbers. From what the chat boards say the phone is only available by order. There is no stock in the stores. Seems like Foxtron is being very you cautious with inventory. But it also might be that there is good demand and things are selling out. But the market needs to know!

Posted via CB10
    The simple context will be if they release numbers that show they're selling more phones than last quarter, with BB10 now outselling BB7, it will show that the platform has gained traction.

That's all that's important in the market at the moment. Without that staying power, BB10 is still considered dead in the water.
    bungaboy and Mr BBRY like this.
    06-04-14 09:57 AM
    Morgan - any other stock worth looking into while we wait for BBRY to pop?
    HALO, ACAD, PSDV, XOMA don't seem to be doing much either. Anything else?
    Mr BBRY and jmehta22 like this.
    06-04-14 10:09 AM
    Can i get an opinion on this video?

zyben, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    06-04-14 10:16 AM
    I'm glad you asked for Morgan's recommendations, but it doesn't look like you will have to wait much longer for BBRY to pop! Up 4.79% ATM!
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-04-14 10:40 AM
    So... someone seems to have pushed the launch button.
    And the second booster just kicked in...
    06-04-14 10:40 AM
    Not sure if this has been posted.....

BlackBerry Short Interest Down 7.4% in May

Shares of BlackBerry (NASDAQ:BBRY) were the target of a significant decrease in short interest in the month of May. As of May 15th, there was short interest totalling 93,882,666 shares, a decrease of 7.4% from the April 30th total of 101,358,204 shares, AR Network reports. Based on an average daily trading volume, of 8,774,952 shares, the short-interest ratio is presently 10.7 days. Currently, 19.2% of the shares of the company are sold short.

Full article.....

http://www.wkrb13.com/markets/316629...4-in-may-bbry/
    06-04-14 10:45 AM
    This is all short covering, this is the 3 Rd time they have covered and we had a spike and a bet they will drive it down again on low volume

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 10:49 AM
    Hi, totally off topic, but does anybody know some statistics (or where to get them) about the current BB10 user base (age, gender and so on) ?

Nice peak so far
    06-04-14 11:01 AM
    OT ALERT!!!

chrysaurora!!

I'll make a brief comment here, HALO is all about the FDA lifting its hold on PEGPH20 as you well know, the stock is poised to breakout at any moment and now we have both the IBB and the NBI Indexes hitting 2 month highs today. The majority of biotech stocks are sitting right on their support levels and just below their confirmed breakout levels. As far as HALO goes, watch for that downward sloping blue line in the chart to break as the stock moves to the upside from here.

Here's HALO:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-halo-june-4-2014.png

As you can see, we are very close to starting a major rally here, the 50-dma is at $ 8.38/shr and so any good news from the FDA will send this one flying. The FDA has 30 days to respond to HALO's request to lift the HOLD, that date is now June 12th. I realize we have been waiting over 2 months for these stocks to get going again but the indexes are leading the way with larger Biotech stocks moving up now. The smaller stocks will follow too. I still hold all of my shares in everything so far, no additions or sales as I believe Biotech will come roaring back. GL

As for BBRY, as you can clearly see, today we have the strongest push above it's 50-dma in a very long time. It looks as though the rally has begun now that the threat of Apple and it's lame day in the news is over.
    06-04-14 11:02 AM
    Here is one from India, as per Sulil Lalvani....

When asked if they are bringing QNX to India? Here is what he has to say..
    " Yes, we are in talks with a local company who is interested in QNX. Unfortunately, since the final approval is awaited, I can�t give you further details except for the fact that the interested party belongs to the heavy industry segment. "

Full link to article below.
    Yes, there is a push towards software & services: BlackBerry MD Sunil Lalvani - Financial Express
    morganplus8, zyben, Corbu and 4 others like this.
    06-04-14 11:16 AM
    Can i get an opinion on this video?

morlock_man!!

OT ALERT!!!

I would refer you to the Canadian Cancer Society:

Canadian Cancer Society’s perspective on DCA

As you can see by their link to formal research, there is very little work being done in clinically guided research to this date. At question is the quantity of the drug that would be needed for human benefit, and of course, how much hyper-oxygenated pressure would be required to replenish O2 in the cancerous cells. It looks as though other programs with micro delivery techniques are favoured for cancer treatment today.
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    06-04-14 11:17 AM
113,256 ... 26382639264026412642 ...