View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Large roll-outs of BES 10 and BB10 in last couple of months show signs of a recovery as per this article:
    http://www.itpro.co.uk/mobile/22386/...stomer-support

Posted via swift BlackBerry ? Z30!
    06-03-14 11:14 AM
    BlackBerry: ‘Maybe consumer wasn’t a battle we could’ve won’ - 03 Jun 2014 - Computing News

BlackBerry: �Maybe consumer wasn�t a battle we could�ve won�
    No idea why people are cheering this. BlackBerry are covering the fact that they actually made a pig's ear of the BlackBerry 10 launch by saying it wasn't really their thing anyway...goodish PR attempt, maybe...but not something anyone in here should actually swallow, surely...?

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    06-03-14 11:58 AM
    No idea why people are cheering this. BlackBerry are covering the fact that they actually made a pig's ear of the BlackBerry 10 launch by saying it wasn't really their thing anyway...goodish PR attempt, maybe...but not something anyone in here should actually swallow, surely...?

"Learn from your mistakes".
    Grand-ma's mantra.
    06-03-14 12:24 PM
    Try to not take it personally.
    Haha...
    I'm happy to be labeled as BlackBerry people, but you calling Apple people stupid is a bit harsh.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-14 12:44 PM
    Apple iOS 8 ‘Quick Reply’ Inspired By BlackBerry 10 [REPORT]

At WWDC 2014, Apple introduced some amazing innovations, but a couple seem very close to features first introduced by BlackBerry

Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) has announced some new products and sales figures at the WWDC 14. One of the new features announced is Mac OSX by way of the new 10.10 Yosemite and its ‘Continuity’ between devices, which appears very similar to BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) (TSE:BB)’s Blend, according to n4bb.

Some other features and specs announced are very similar to that of BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) (TSE:BB), and the iPhone maker even borrowed the ‘Quick reply’ feature from BlackBerry 10. Image of the feature from both operating systems were taken by n4bb for comparison.

Apple iOS 8 'Quick Reply' Inspired By BlackBerry 10 [REPORT]
    06-03-14 12:49 PM
    One of our ginger members caught on video watching Apple WWDC:

Mr BBRY and georg4BB like this.
    06-03-14 01:03 PM
    Haha...
    I'm happy to be labeled as BlackBerry people, but you calling Apple people stupid is a bit harsh.

Posted via CB10
    Look at how integrated their devices are becoming with their homes and even personal medical information.

Now think about how lax their security is...

Apple users are heading towards a global iPocalypse the likes of which the world has never seen.

Would you rather have all your personal information in a bank vault or a picket fence?
    06-03-14 01:07 PM
    "Learn from your mistakes".
    Grand-ma's mantra.
    Or more appropriately, learn from mistakes of previous management.
    06-03-14 01:50 PM
    Look at how integrated their devices are becoming with their homes and even personal medical information.

Now think about how lax their security is...

Apple users are heading towards a global iPocalypse the likes of which the world has never seen.

Would you rather have all your personal information in a bank vault or a picket fence?
    You know we might all be more secure if we lived in bank vaults and not in houses with little picket fences out front.

I think SECURITY could be a great selling feature, if BlackBerry had the right hardware, the right pricing, the right content ecosystem, the right app ecosystem, the right marketing and you could actually find them somewhere.

I've hear for six years how the lax security of iOS and Android would be their downfall.... all the while BlackBerry just keeps falling.
    06-03-14 01:57 PM
    OT but curious what everyone thinks of IAMGOLD today and in general?
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    06-03-14 03:19 PM
    Not sure.

But I bought a bunch at 3.35 TSX last week. Because I thought it was oversold. Sometimes you get lucky.

We will see what happens tomorrow.

Posted by the indomitable Zed Ten.
    06-03-14 03:31 PM
    You know we might all be more secure if we lived in bank vaults and not in houses with little picket fences out front.

I think SECURITY could be a great selling feature, if BlackBerry had the right hardware, the right pricing, the right content ecosystem, the right app ecosystem, the right marketing and you could actually find them somewhere.

I've hear for six years how the lax security of iOS and Android would be their downfall.... all the while BlackBerry just keeps falling.
    Only BlackBerry folks like us are convinced that the security thing will turn the tide. The truth is that it is more likely that public pressure will force Google, Facebook, and Apple to allow tighter security and privacy, or at least openly claim to be doing so. That will be good enough for them. If we have security, AND cool, then that's another story, another very good story.

06-03-14 03:36 PM
    i'm bearish on gold in general, doesn't seem like there will be a near term catastrophe that will push equities into the hole so i see gold falling more. I'm planning to buy into actual gold if it reaches 1100 and hold for long term

morganplus8 and Mr BBRY like this.
    06-03-14 04:04 PM
    17 days till ER...two certainties exist:

1) Positive Spin
    2) Negative Spin.

That is all...carry on.

Posted via a Device with Z and a 30
    Corbu, bungaboy, Mr BBRY and 1 others like this.
    06-03-14 06:10 PM
    17 days till ER...two certainties exist:

1) Positive Spin
    2) Negative Spin.

That is all...carry on.

3) a smidgen of added volume....

Posted via CB10
    06-03-14 06:19 PM
    3) a smidgen of added volume....

Posted via CB10
    4) Not a chance...they are dead...and I heard they don't even make devices any more...and the company is bankrupt!!

06-03-14 06:24 PM
    More OT stuff:

iOS 8 Safari scores 440 points on the HTML5 test, still lags behind Chrome - GSMArena Blog

Apple didn’t spend much time detailing the new Safari version that comes as a part of the iOS 8 update, only mentioning its slightly altered UI and improved search box.

[...]

None of these can match the BlackBerry 10.2 stock browser and its 491 points, though.
    06-03-14 06:32 PM
    One of our ginger members caught on video watching Apple WWDC:

Too bad the only love this guy is gonna get will be self inflicted.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    06-03-14 07:31 PM
    Oh boy. Here's another email I got from Scroogled Google. Ho Lee Fark. Just who do they think they are fooling? Spin, spin, spin. They encrypt it and send via NSA who just happen to scan it as it passes thru. LoL

"Are your emails safe,xxxx?

Last week, thousands of Take Action members joined us and many other groups in pressing for real surveillance reform in the USA FREEDOM Act. But whether or not Congress pulls through, there are things you should know about keeping your emails safe and secure.

An email actually goes through a lot of steps between when you hit "Send" and when it lands in the recipient's inbox. Your message is secure only if both the sender's and recipient's email providers encrypt them in transit. We've put together a page that details how this kind of encryption works, and which email providers support it.

Take a look, and see how your provider, and those of your friends, performs.

Educate your friends about email security. Share this:

Gmail has supported encryption in transit since 2010. But 50% of the email sent from other providers to Gmail users and 35% of the email sent from Gmail users to other providers is not encrypted in transit. That's why we're working to make end-to-end email encryption more accessible to every user, regardless of their email provider.

A big part of making everyone's email safer is educating your friends about why it's important. Do your part by spreading the word today:

https://takeaction.withgoogle.com/f/safer-email

More soon,

Derek Slater
    Google Inc.

P.S. June 5th is Reset the Net Day and we're taking part. Join this effort, and find out what you can do to secure your part of the web.
    06-03-14 07:36 PM
    Only BlackBerry folks like us are convinced that the security thing will turn the tide. The truth is that it is more likely that public pressure will force Google, Facebook, and Apple to allow tighter security and privacy, or at least openly claim to be doing so. That will be good enough for them. If we have security, AND cool, then that's another story, another very good story.

Unfortunately it's been proven time and time again that being better or the best doesn't really matter. "Good enough" is what wins the masses. There's a market for better or best, but it's not going to be the mass market.

In the commoditized smart phone market that Android created, we have to remember that. Ina Fried, from last week's Re/code interview with John Chen, demonstrated just that when she asked him why should she care if her house got hacked. People just don't care about security, and even if it does bite them, they still won't care! Malware and Android are almost synonymous but who's winning the platform war?
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    06-03-14 07:55 PM
    OT:

We are all looking forward to the next phones. We have heard of the Classic and of the Q30 ("Windermere").

I must say I haven't been impressed by what I have seen of the Q30's leaked images so far. We know they probably aren't final so there is no point discussing them specifically.

My question to you gentlemen is this: "Does design matter?"

I believe it does, especially for BBRY's target market and I hope that we will be impressed.

I was prompted to bring this point up as I discovered this "concept", in another CB thread. Not saying it is the ideal phone but it lead to the question. I wonder what you guys think. Putting aside the technical internal specs, could design contribute to making BBRY phones "cool" again?

Cheers,

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb_v2_1.jpg

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...oncept-934505/
    Last edited by Corbu; 06-03-14 at 09:17 PM.
    06-03-14 08:36 PM
    OT:

We are all looking forward to the next phones. We have heard of the Classic and of the Q30 ("Windermere").

I must say I haven't been impressed by what I have seen of the Q30's leaked images so far. We know it probably isn't final so there is no use discussing it specifically.

My question to you gentlemen is this: "Does design matter?"

I believe it does, especially for BBRY's target market and I hope that we will be impressed.

I was prompted to bring this point up as I discovered this "concept", in another CB thread. Not saying it is the ideal phone but it lead to the question. I wonder what you guys think. Putting aside the technical internal specs, could design contribute to making BBRY phones "cool" again?

Cheers,

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bb_v2_1.jpg 
Views:	650 
Size:	27.7 KB 
ID:	275869

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...oncept-934505/
    Neat! Even has an Apple peeler on the bottom!
    06-03-14 08:41 PM
    Neat! Even has an Apple peeler on the bottom!
    Make it with a bottle opener and you may have something.
    06-03-14 08:45 PM
    Couple of guys on this thread have a lot to say and have descriptions of BlackBerry's upcoming devices seen at BlackBerry Experience.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=935995

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, Corbu, jxnb and 5 others like this.
    06-03-14 08:52 PM
    The design of the phones have huge potential to bring back the cool to BlackBerry. The concept you showed would definitely be eye catching. How would it feel in hand? The ergonomics of it? There have been many concepts that fans have developed and BlackBerry needs to look at them. The specs are just a portion of the equation, the look of the phone is critical.

Tim Smith from my Z10 on Rogers
    Corbu, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    06-03-14 10:22 PM
113,256 ... 26372638263926402641 ...