View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    This is such complete and utter BS!

"At one point, Apple CEO Tim Cook noted that many of Apple�s newest customers had recently switched from Android-powered devices.

�They had bought an Android phone by mistake and then sought a better experience � and a better life.�"
    There were a few times, well more than a few really, that I couldn't believe the utter arrogance spewed during that keynote.
    06-02-14 08:08 PM
    There were a few times, well more than a few really, that I couldn't believe the utter arrogance spewed during that keynote.
    It would be nice if the general media points that out as well. Maybe the Crackberry Community needs to point this out to them in comments?

Tim Smith from my Z10 on Rogers
    morganplus8, bungaboy and zyben like this.
    06-02-14 08:19 PM
    30 years ago... How ironic!

06-02-14 08:49 PM
    I hope that it won't look like that, but I am excited about the capacitive frits between the keys.
    So how do I get BlackBerry to send me some royalties for my idea? From Dec 2012! Or at least a job, I'm a developer!

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=759534

Posted via CB10
    06-02-14 10:05 PM
    So how do I get BlackBerry to send me some royalties for my idea? From Dec 2012! Or at least a job, I'm a developer!

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=759534

Posted via CB10
    Haha...I like the idea.
    But usually to get royalty or any kind of compensation, you need to have a patent or at least a working prototype. Otherwise science fiction writers would be super rich.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-14 03:48 AM
    This is such complete and utter BS!
    "At one point, Apple CEO Tim Cook noted that many of Apple�s newest customers had recently switched from Android-powered devices.
    �They had bought an Android phone by mistake and then sought a better experience � and a better life.�"
    Ha, THIS is marketing. Apple is not selling devices, Apple is selling a better life. Wow.
    But it works. Whenever I watch an apple TV-ads, it's all about live style. Young, good-looking people doing creative things with apple products and are having fun. You want to be like them, buy an iPhone!

How would a BB advertising in Apple style look like? It's difficult to define the BB 'life style', isn't it? Would it work?
    A young businessman, beeing happy because his BB makes him finish his tasks? A cool CEO from an innovative startup, happy because of secure communication?
    06-03-14 03:51 AM
    Ha, THIS is marketing. Apple is not selling devices, Apple is selling a better life. Wow.
    But it works. Whenever I watch an apple TV-ads, it's all about live style. Young, good-looking people doing creative things with apple products and are having fun. You want to be like them, buy an iPhone!

How would a BB advertising in Apple style look like? It's difficult to define the BB 'life style', isn't it? Would it work?
    A young businessman, beeing happy because his BB makes him finish his tasks? A cool CEO from an innovative startup, happy because of secure communication?
    Good question.
    I guess that everyone wants to be smart, successful, and getting things done. How about instead of the Windermere, call it the Warren Buffet. And for selling life style, what if Warren hold up the phone and say "this is what I depend on"?
    F1 is associated with lifestyle and BlackBerry is doing well there.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, georg4BB and notfanboy like this.
    06-03-14 04:22 AM
    Good question.
    I guess that everyone wants to be smart, successful, and getting things done. How about instead of the Windermere, call it the Warren Buffet. And for selling life style, what if Warren hold up the phone and say "this is what I depend on"?
    This is quite the fantasy.

1. Warren Buffett carries on a Nokia flip phone, when he carries a phone at all.

2. He is proud that he gets things done without technology. He doesn't even send emails.

3. He'd never invest in the likes of BBRY.
    dusdal likes this.
    06-03-14 06:58 AM
    30 years ago... How ironic!

#firstShotIsFree #pusherMan
    Corbu, rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    06-03-14 07:01 AM
    Yep, that stupid Apple is doing it all wrong. The Blackberry people know!
    06-03-14 07:09 AM
    This is quite the fantasy.

1. Warren Buffett carries on a Nokia flip phone, when he carries a phone at all.

2. He is proud that he gets things done without technology. He doesn't even send emails.

3. He'd never invest in the likes of BBRY.
    That was a hypothetical scenario. Okay, just substitute Buffett with Obama then.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    06-03-14 07:10 AM
    Labeling people again?

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-03-14 07:11 AM
    Did I say they were doing it all wrong? I can appreciate a jab at the competition but Apple seems to take it to the next level in their events.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-14 07:15 AM
    The whole Apple conference is a Troll.

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    techvisor and georg4BB like this.
    06-03-14 07:15 AM
    Looks like BBM will be coming preloaded on some Window phones:
    http://www.techgreatest.com/mobile/b...-on-lumia-630/

Posted via a Device with Z and a 30
    06-03-14 07:30 AM
    Very positive article...good read:
    http://www.valuewalk.com/2014/06/bla...net-of-things/

06-03-14 07:56 AM
    So...something to think about, I know it's fit month here, and Apple launched Health yesterday...people really need to consider where all that data is going and perhaps alternatives:
    http://www.theguardian.com/technolog...ata?CMP=twt_gu

Corbu, georg4BB, zyben and 1 others like this.
    06-03-14 08:25 AM
    From the Related Technologies and Security file as this seems a slow week, that raises general questions for debate with no clear answers :

Did Apple die with Steve Jobs?
    Do Apple and BlackBerry be considered "Great investment opportunities come around when excellent companies are surrounded by unusual circumstances that cause the stock to be misappraised." as initially quoted by Warren Buffet?

Apple Stock Still Suffering From The 'Lollapalooza Effect' - Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) | Seeking Alpha
    How activity trackers remove our rights to our most intimate data | Technology | theguardian.com
    06-03-14 09:02 AM
    BlackBerry: �€˜Maybe consumer wasn�€™t a battle we could�€™ve won�€™ - 03 Jun 2014 - Computing News

BlackBerry: ‘Maybe consumer wasn’t a battle we could’ve won’

BlackBerry fought a battle it probably could never have won when it tried to compete with Apple and Samsung in the consumer space, but the Canadian smartphone firm is capable of becoming the single most trusted source for enterprise mobility.

That's what Markus Mueller, senior vice president regional managing director for Europe told the audience during his keynote at the BlackBerry Experience event in central London today.

"First of all, we are recommitting to the enterprise, that's what [CEO] John Chen said when he came on board in November. What he did when he joined BlackBerry is he told us to focus, and if you want to focus, you need to focus on the battles you can win," Mueller explained, going on to admit that trying to enter the consumer space with BB10 probably was a step too far for the firm.

"If you look at the market and what we did with BlackBerry 10, how we approached the market, maybe that was a battle in the broad consumer space which we couldn't have won in the first place."

BlackBerry, Mueller told the audience, has a history of producing devices for the enterprise and that's a fight he's confident BlackBerry can win. A recurring theme in his address was the security angle.

"Enterprise is our heritage, that's what we come from, that's where security matters, that's where trust matters and that's where we see our strengths. So that's one battle we can take and we think we can win this battle," he said.

Mueller also used his keynote to describe how a key target for BlackBerry is to focus on productivity and building devices and software for specific target groups.

"Whenever you build products, it's always very good to know who you want to sell it to. The more specific the target group is, the better you can sell products to them," he said.

"So BlackBerry devices might not necessarily be a device for everybody but the target we have in mind is actually a type of person who is very busy," Mueller continued, "who has a busy personal life, leads a busy professional life - they are people who want to achieve things in life, they are very productive and we want to make devices to support that type of lifestyle.

"We want to make the best device and the best solutions which support that type of lifestyle and that type of person," he said, adding, "We want to become the single trusted provider for enterprise mobility."

The BlackBerry Experience event comes shortly after exclusive Computing Research - compiled ahead of Computing's upcoming Enterprise Mobility Summit - revealed that if CIOs were asked which mobile operating they'd choose not to use for enterprise, over half would opt against deploying BlackBerry.
    rarsen, jxnb, Superfly_FR and 4 others like this.
    06-03-14 09:47 AM
    Labeling people again?

Posted via CB10
    Try to not take it personally.
    06-03-14 09:47 AM
    BlackBerry talks up turnaround with customer support | IT PRO

Large rollouts of BES 10 and BB10 in last couple of months show signs of a recovery, ailing smartphone maker claims

BlackBerry is confident it can return to profitability by re-affirming its commitment to enterprise customers.

Markus Mueller, SVP & regional MD of Europe at BlackBerry, told IT Pro the firm is going through a turbulent time but that green shoots of recovery are visible.

“There have been some tough times but we’ve seen a lot of change over the past six months. On one side it creates fear because you don’t know what’s coming. On the other it creates opportunities to change things,” Mueller said.

We’re not discussing ‘if there’s a future for BlackBerry’, we’re talking about ‘what is the future’ internally.
    “In the past two months we’re seeing positive results - the first customers are moving to BB10 platforms with five-digit rollouts (Daimler and Airbus) and that creates a lot of confidence internally.”

Mueller also pointed to the fact that large enterprise customers didn't jump ship, there's been positive feedback from beta trials of BES 12 and carrier support remains strong.

Perhaps most importantly is the view of customers using the devices. Despite BlackBerry hemorrhaging market share in the consumer space every quarter (worldwide market share down to 0.8 per cent), the reputation of the smartphone maker remains relatively untarnished in the business world.

Customers who have been with BlackBerry for a decade were on hand at the event to support the smartphone provider.

A panel including the heads of IT from Glasgow City Council, the Medical Protection Society and law firm Taylor Vinters showed there is still a market for BlackBerry products.

Each organisation revealed they had trialled all the popular platforms including iOS and Android, but ultimately decided to go with BB10 handsets because of the security and low-cost of deployment.

Steve Sumner, IT director at law firm Taylor Vinters, said the business has been using BB for 10 years because they “tick all the boxes” in terms of management, security and compliance.

“If you read the press as a layman, you think that BlackBerry is done and gone. That’s certainly not the case in law firms which are about reputation, protection and security. There’s a lot of confidential data moving around,” he told attendees.

Sumner claimed that “99 per cent” of devices deployed at his law firm are Q10 or Q5 as solicitors and barristers want to be able to type out accurate and professional looking emails. This is in contrast to Glasgow City Council, which has deployed 700 devices - almost all of which are Z10s. But again, BlackBerry claims this shows it has something to suit everyone.

Glen Coultish, director of systems and change at the Medical Protection Society, claimed that BlackBerry devices are cheaper than the alternatives.

“We brought in all popular devices from Samsung to iPhone and compared [them]. In terms of cost the BB Z10s were 40-50 per cent compared to other devices," he said.

“From a management perspective it again was cheaper [by] thousands of pounds.”

Currently, Android and iOS have the lion's share of the UK enterprise market, with 51 per cent and 33 per cent at the end of 2013, according to IDC.

BlackBerry remains in third place with 9 per cent but is being chased down by Windows Phone, which is on 7 per cent. Whether BlackBerry can attract enough customers during the rest of 2014 to remain ahead is the million dollar question.
    06-03-14 09:54 AM
    Try to not take it personally.
    Is the label maker you're using to label with, labeled?

Tim Smith from my Z10 on Rogers
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    06-03-14 10:10 AM
    Nobody said that Apple beeing arrogant was wrong. Apple is in great shape, so why not beeing arrogant. But it's still what it is: Arrogance.
    Whenever BlackBeckberry is in better shape than now, I hope they will never be that arrogant and will not play that dirty like Apple constantly does.
    rarsen, Corbu, Superfly_FR and 3 others like this.
    06-03-14 10:29 AM
    Looks like we're starring to get some traction in health-care apps on BlackBerry 10 platform via CellTrack Native Mobile Healthcare App for BlackBerry 10
    http://celltrak.com/2014/06/celltrak...blackberry-10/

Posted via swift BlackBerry ? Z30!
    06-03-14 10:53 AM
    Android users switching to iPhone - directly refers to the Chinese market. There was more than one reference to that market and that's where Apple is going to find their biggest growth in the coming months and years.

What you saw yesterday was a developers conference and Apple's cheekiness was speaking directly to the devs in the audience. Standing in front of this group and highlighting that 85% of their installed base are running their latest software means that the platform is easier to develop for as opposed to their 2 main rivals - Microsoft/Windows and Google/Android. Its why they are the first preference for the people they were there to address and the enthusiasm to develop for Apple does not appear to be waning by any stretch.

They came out with new tools, including a new language, to make development for the platform easier. They introduced 4000 new apk's. They are bringing to the platform tools to keep you inside their ecosystem. They are apparently listening to their users and bringing new features without the need for side loading, work arounds etc, most of the stuff will just work without you doing a darn thing, which is why most of my friends with iPhones have iPhones - they are toasters they just do what you expect them to do and if you see something you want to do on a smartphone - you can do it on an iPhone. They are opening up the platform in ways you never thought they would when Jobs was around and perhaps this is the new group now making Apple their own.

If they release the rumored bigger screen I believe the platform will take off again.

Now the disclaimer - I've owned one 2nd gen iPod and I tried an old powerpc mac that wasn't for me. I play with my girlfriend's iphone and ipad and know it's not for me I like to play with my toys and make them my own. I am not a fanboy but I have real respect for the company because I watch how my friends interact with their products and see why they like them, in the same way I would never buy a Honda or a Toyota - but I understand why they are so popular.
    06-03-14 10:59 AM
113,256 ... 26362637263826392640 ...